[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVERYONE Calm your tits. We need to talk, let us calm down and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

EVERYONE
Calm your tits.

We need to talk, let us calm down and look at the newest reveal about paid mods. I think it is a good step forward for a better gaming industry. It is healty no matter how much you don't like it. In the end it helps people, gamer like you or the Player to create and profit from his creation. "Content creator" need to be established as a worthwhile job in our society. This is just the first step and with a growing, divers and open platform we got in the gaming industry we might see more change to come. This is another point, you, the gamer, should start to learn to tolerate that because there is no way back. I mean, do you really believe Bethesda is going to do a 180° turn? Do you really hope that a Multi-Billion Dollar Industry just drop all their PR risk? This is the current state now, at least the Player understood it and i hope you will understand this too. Said with that, let us reconsider the model of "Paid Mods" I know you do not like it but try at least for a few moments to think about it how it could be better. What need to change on you or how could you change, how can we help you to change ....and so on...vise versa... that you can live and support this new model. Not that we need you, but it would be nice to have you continue in this hobby and support it.

So, let us have a real mature conversation about this.
>>
I pirated the games and I will also pirate the mods, eat my asshole capitalist piece of shit.
>>
>>380026476
Is this mod as good as the naruto one?
Like storyline and everything where you choose the powers you want
>>
File: 1482386162351.png (410KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
1482386162351.png
410KB, 600x736px
>>380026476
It's not healthy and you're a shill bitch. Even if your post is b8 you're still a giant faggot. Fuck off.
>>
>>380026476
haven't paid for a bethshit game my entire life. this won't change

:^)
>>
>>380026686
>pirate
well, for the moment it will work but on the long run it will fail.

>>380026832
Never played this mod but when i can give the content creator money for his work i would try it out. I mean, it will not cost more than a coffee maybe less.

>>380026924
>shill
than what? Are you not able to have a real conversation of the bahvior torwards content creator and a model to support them?

>>380027072
well, that is sad to hear, but you are not their audience at all. Maybe you change your mind one day, when you consider to be part of a community.
>>
File: 33.jpg (55KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
55KB, 396x691px
Even if this is bait; fuck off and die, seriously. How the hell can people on fucking 4chan of all places defend a company asking you to pay for something that has been free for fucking decades for absolutely no reason other than pure greed? The hell happened to this place?
>>
>>380026832
>>380027224
>is this any good?
>can't wait to pay the content creator!
It already looks fucking awful based on that picture alone and isn't worth a cent.
>>
>>380026686
I'll do both of those things as well, but calm down there Antifa.
>>
>>380027793
>It already looks fucking awful based on that picture alone and isn't worth a cent.
Welcome to every anime mod, but that's the point.
The point is to be OP and do cool shit, and you won't be able to pay for this anyway
>>
>>380026476
lol look at this bethesda employee damaging controlling on 4chan of all places
>>
Suck a dick faggot

>Company decides it wants to make money off of the work of others while they had no actual involvement
>"It's totally okay though they'll be 'content creators' and they'll get a cut of the profits too"
>Meanwhile this practice has been free for ages and only now have companies decided "Hold the fuck up, why aren't we fucking draining wallets for this shit?"

This kind of greed is the shit that's got us stuck with so many micro-transactions and cut-content as it is.
>>
>>380027461
I think there would be some room to defend paid mods if the mod creators got the majority of the profit instead of a miniscule fraction for doing all the real work.

As it is now paid mods are just another means for publishers to glean money off consumers for no work, and it is blatant as fuck. You have to be a literal shill or a braindead fanboy to not be against this bullshit.
>>
Mod creator already get paid with donations or patreon
Choke on a dick you just want a cut of that money
>>
Nowadays people expect money for any and everything, that's insane.
>>
>>380028369
>shill
>braindead fanboy
90% of /v/
>>
>>380027461
>company asking you to pay for something that has been free for fucking decades
because the environment changed, look the internet is no longer just internet, it is a place of social interactions. Facebook brought a whole new audience to the table and from there the everything slowly changed. We need to look at it more seriously and have to hold ourself more accoutable when we visit the social web. This also means a whole lot more change within the industry who is very strong represented on the social web. I mean, do not call it internet, call ist social web because it is one and so does gaming. It is all conceted and need to change to a better.

>>380027793
There are hidden costs, the time to create as well as the platform to offer this content are just a few of them. We are no longer in a sociaty where everything is for free. Look, even the so called open source products have declined. You never saw a second OTTD or A second Battle for wesnoth for a reason.

>>380028262
>micro-transactions and cut-content
is actually good too but i don't want to sound like a absloutly joke here. In the end, there is nothing wrong to have a more healty politcs on materialism. Do not get this wrong please.

>>380028369
>glean money off consumers for no work, and it is blatant as fuck
yeah, you understand it. And i hope the model will be so far developed that this kind of fraud will never happened. But there are always a few bad appoles
>>
>>380026476
Fuck you, bring back unlockables
>>
>>380028369
>I think there would be some room to defend paid mods if the mod creators got the majority of the profit instead of a miniscule fraction for doing all the real work.
source?
>>
you think i would have paid for any mod from quake or ut if i was forced to pay?
fucking red orchestra was a mod for ut2k4 and it wasn't worth playing for free
>>
>>380026476
Hi Todd
>>
>>380026476
>Not that we need you
Agreed. Remember to sage.
>>
>>380028667
what fucking country are you from exactly?
>>
>>380029668
The Gambia
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.