[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crackdown 3 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: 5465498.jpg (486KB, 4096x3736px) Image search: [Google]
5465498.jpg
486KB, 4096x3736px
So what happened with this? It looks like a Crackdown game, it seems to play like a Crackdown game but it does nothing for me. It's been 3 years and this is what they have to show for it? No destruction, average looking explosion, typical Crackdown gameplay. Even the art style seems fucked up and poor looking somehow. It just feels flat and uninspired.

What happened? It's possible that more gameplay will come out and prove the trailer to just be a poor representation of the game but I fucking doubt it
>>
>>380013520
Crackdown 1 was like a tech demo turned into a game.

It was never good and became obsolete when SR4 came out.
>>
>>380015536
>a game that came out 6 years after made the first one obsolete

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>380015776
That Crackdown 3 became obsolete due to SR4. Crackdown 1 was mentioned in a previous sentence you dumb fucking nigger, learn English or leave this board,
>>
>>380015776
I mean a sandbox superhero game came out and was just kinda eh, the second game sucked shit and then an unrelated crime sandbox game tacked on superpowers and made itself better than the entire Crackdown franchise at that point so there's no point in the series continuing to exist.

Well that's not totally fair, Saints Row is also dead so I guess there's a void left to fill. But SR has that spiritual sequel which I know nothing about so who knows.
>>
>>380016115
>a game that hadn't been announced was made obsolete by a game made a year earlier

What did the stupid, repugnant nigger mean by this with his blatant lack of intelligence?
>>
File: 1482813937619.webm (3MB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
1482813937619.webm
3MB, 550x308px
i think this was the gameplay from the ign stream
>>
>>380013520
Crackdown was never that good. It had great ideas (transforming upgrades to cars, Verhoven feel to the narrator, different gangs, super leaps), but it just sucked. Boring game with a shallow story passing itself off as meaning something when it means nothing. They tell you what's happening instead of showing you.
>>
>>380016409
Looks chaotic, collectful, fast, mobile. Thats crackdown alright, looks fun.
>>
>>380016331
It's pretty obvious? Why make Crackdown 3 when SR4 just did the exact same niche of gameplay and genre better than either Crackdown 1 or 2? That's just stupid, you're just asking for your game to be blown out of the water by comparisons to a better game.

It would be a different story if they had something unique and different to bring to the table with Crackdown 3, but judging from the gameplay trailer it doesn't look like they do.
>>
>>380013520
Crackdown has always been one of those games that get boring really fast unless you're autistic.

Crackdown 3 looks downgraded and the trailer ominously left out any sort of destruction which they were talking about for the past two E3s. Cloud seems to be completely gone as well.
>>
>>380017528
It was supposed to separate itself with massive levels of destruction but they seem to have axed the massive selling condition they had pushed up until this point.

I assume they had to either cancel this or get some sort of product out the door. With their recent cycle of cancelling games that wasn't an option so they chose to push some product out no matter the actual state the game is going to be in.
>>
>>380013520
BAD ASS graphic style.
>>
>>380018012
Ah yeah, the "cloud based destruction physics".

That was actually a legit cool idea, but it tied the game's best features to online only and while I can think of some unique gameplay mechanics based on that, they didn't really show any of it in what we did see.

I was wondering why they didn't talk about it this time, didn't know that feature got canned. Problem is, without that feature all I'm seeing is just a prettied up version of the first game and I don't really feel like playing Crackdown 1 HD. Saints Row 4 and other lesser superhero open world games like the later Infamous games and stuff kinda scratched that itch already.
>>
https://youtu.be/0bxhmoNXnb8

Seems like a holiday door buster
>>
File: IMG_2759.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2759.png
1MB, 1334x750px
It looks like they have a new dev team working on it

Last time we heard about it was say..2015 gamescom when Reagent games was doing it and they were showing off some of the cloud stuff

Now Sumo Digital is working on it and all we really learned is that it's 4 player single player, it has Halo 5/Mass Effect style jet pack boost and you fight some Shai-Gen looking motherfuckers
>>
File: IMG_1830.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1830.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>380017528
>SR4 even remotely as good as Crackdown 1

Even though your anonymous you should still feel embarrassed for posting this
>>
>>380019802
Eat a dick you faggot, Crackdown 1 got real boring really fast. SR4 wasn't exactly a bastion of quality either but it did what Crackdown 1 did while also having more variety. Wasn't nearly the boring slog Crackdown was.
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (23KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
23KB, 220x229px
What was meant by this?
>>
File: IMG_2687.jpg (36KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2687.jpg
36KB, 487x423px
>>380020057
I don't think you have a full understanding of what Crackdown was. Either that, or you're remembering SR4 wrong

You say SR4 does what it does but better but it doesn't even have the main component of Crackdown which was the gang takedown stuff. I refuse to believe you aren't taking the piss when you say the Laundry List of side activities before you get to do a story mission is more fun

Another thing is the Orb pickups. Both games have the little shits scattered all around the map but the thing is that Saints Row all it does is upgrade the gimmicky powers that you'll never use because Sprinting and Melee is the most effective way to play the game. Crackdown Orbs you're more incentivized to get because not only does it improve run and jump, or other abilities with the hidden orbs but it allows you to get to other areas whereas SR4 upgrades are just a matter of shortening the amount of time it takes to get around.

Try and help me understand where you are coming from with this, otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree.

>>380016781
>It tells you rather than show you

But literally all it does is show you, you just don't know what you're looking at until the end

Sorry for spelling errors it's like 5 in the morning and I'm phone posting
>>
File: IMG_2760.jpg (67KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2760.jpg
67KB, 960x480px
bump
>>
>I can run Red Faction: Guerrilla on a 13 years old toaster (2GBs of RAM + 1GB VRAM)
>this fucking game needs 3 dedicated servers per building because muh real time stress physics
Explain that shit
>>
>>380023441
Red Faction isn't an open world city sandbox
>>
File: IMG_3522.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3522.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>380018765
This shit for ps3?! Lmao what trash.
>>
>>380013520
It looks like its on the same map as the first 2 games
>>
>>380021641
Look at what you're typing, you're getting really granular with comparing the features. That's not the point, I'm coming from a larger perspective because yes, my memory of both games isn't perfect but at the end of the day I dropped Crackdown 1 because I got really bored while I at least finished SR4 and had a decent time with it.

They're both open world sandbox crime games with superpowers. Don't comb over the exact details, they're the same genre with the same appeal.

>complaining le orbs
I fucking hated that I had to jump around collecting those fucking things just so I could jump good. SR4 had the good sense to make it a currency so you could focus on what you liked. And fuck you retard, those powers were actually useful in combat. Unlock new areas? You mean it just lets you climb buildings, and SR4 had these special towers that were just there to be platforming challenges.

I get that Crackdown had this hand-crafted city with ledges to promote finer platforming and it was more impressive than SRIV's rehash of the last game's city with just square buildings. That actually does impress me, when an open world sandbox game doesn't just copy/paste a bunch of rectangle buildings. But the slower and clunkier platforming of Crackdown 1 got boring after a long while of playing.

>Sprinting and Melee is the most effective way to play the game.
YEAH GEE, BECAUSE IT HAD SPRINTING, REMEMBER SPRINTING IN CRACKDOWN 1? BECAUSE I DON'T. Yes Crackdown 2 had sprinting but it also had its own problems.

Saints Row 4 was stupid and shallow sure, but it knew what it was. It was fun holding R and blasting through the streets, flying through the air like a maniac with whatever stupid weapons and vehicles it had. It was the ADHD game for stupid idiots, yes. That's the itch that most gamers want to scratch, that "causing havoc while having fun" and SRIV scratched that itch better than Crackdown.
>>
>>380023647
RF:Guerrilla has less "buildings per area" density but it is still an open world game
>>
Pretty obvious the cloud bullshit didn't actually work and they had to scrap the game then rush out a new attempt on a tiny budget.
>>
>>380021641
>>380024706
I know what you mean, really. Crackdown is Infamous and SRIV is Prototype (down to identical sprinting/gliding mechanics). I'm saying I liked Prototype more than Infamous.

Like look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGMqpUHL9E8
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOblE__-Z4

And no that's not fair, I know! SRIV came out later no shit it has the most features and is more polished and fast etc. I'm saying that at any point in the past, if they wanted to make Crackdown 3, they had to have made it either BETTER or DIFFERENT from SRIV. You could have Crackdown focus more on fine platforming with more detailed geometry, but I bet someone on the team would think "is this what the mass audience really likes? Or do they like the fast-paced free running of Prototype or SRIV?"

And maybe Crackdown 3 will be good, I'm just saying that it isn't the 360 launch anymore and there have been many superhero sandbox games that expanded on what Crackdown laid down. SRIV did it good, I'd say the last Infamous game also went in that direction too. Crackdown 3 needs to present some good reason why we should come back to it otherwise it's just Yooka Laylee all over again. We all wanted another collectathon platformer, but we wanted one that took improvements from modern games and not just a straight copy of what we used to play.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.