[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: PicsArt_06-12-01.28.53.jpg (90KB, 1080x558px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-12-01.28.53.jpg
90KB, 1080x558px
Is he wrong?
>>
yes, but most Dark Souls fans are insufferable
>>
>complaining about "Dark Souls culture"

Summer /v/... you can never predict them.
>>
>>380006453
the model looks like he'd be hot :3c
>>
>>380006453
>player-unfriendly
What the FUCK does that even mean?
>>
>>380006453
>subtle vidya apparel
>>
>>380006453
no. the fans of the series extremely underplay the "trial and error" aspects of the game.
>>
i die more in mario
>>
No. Not at all. He's 10000000% right. Darksoulsborne whatever you called it, it is piece of shit
>>
Imagine being so mad at video games you make this shirt
>>
>>380006453
That's some salty pasta. It's really not that difficult of a game, anyway. The first post-tutorial bit can take some getting used to until you learn to play the game (ie you don't have to fight everything and backstabbing is good) and a couple of the bosses are rough but otherwise the difficulty is greatly overstated.
>>
>>380006934
name one obstacle or encounter in dark souls 1 that can't be solved on your first try with patience and thoughtfulness
>>
>>380007268
backstabbing is so fucking imprecise
finished all three games plus DeS and backstabbing an opponent worked only half the time
>>
>>380007334
pc controls
>>
>>380006453
The game has a literal "i win" button in the form of summoning. If you still can't beat it with that, you genuinely fucking suck.
>>
>>380006453
he's wrong.
it's not the hardest game ever, there is no "culture" putting this idea out there. the only ones who like to put this idea out there are bandai namco.
their design decisions are not "player-unfriendly", it's not difficult to enjoy.
for some reason it seems people get this false idea that it's not a niche game, and that they SHOULD enjoy it, and they think they should enjoy dying over and over. that's not the point of the game, you don't enjoy dying in the game no matter who you are. and when they don't enjoy it, they feel like they've been tricked or cheated or some shit.
it's simply a niche game that got lucky, and then continued to be marketed very well (in a stupid way though). unfortunately people conflate the marketing with the fan's opinions of the games.
>>
>>380007479
oh you're just gonna make jokes instead of actually answering the question

that's fine, thankfully you tipped your hand early so I didn't get into a big dumb argument
>>
Enjoyable but the combat is very barebones / clunky and the hitboxes are still shit.
>>
File: this faggot.png (536KB, 624x614px) Image search: [Google]
this faggot.png
536KB, 624x614px
>>380007334
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4KB, 302x237px
>>380006453

A bit. You cannot discuss Dark Souls without hearing from the obnoxious vocal minority about how fucking hardcore it is.

People who legitimately like Dark Souls realize that the game stands out due to its atmosphere and environment design. It's fun because it has a great sense of adventure, exploration, and reward.
>>
>>380007723
you can beat ceaseless discharge without the weird gimmick way and it's not even that hard to do
>>
This is pretty autistic, do you know you're talking about a video game right?
>>
File: 1330661795664.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1330661795664.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>380007561
>there is no "culture" putting this idea out there.
this is such a blatant fucking lie and you will swallow my cum to purify your spirit for being a lying whore.
>>
File: 1328406565613.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1328406565613.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>380007593
>oh you're just gonna make jokes

Yeah how dare he. What a monster.
>>
>>380007471
If I remember correctly I had problems with the backstabbing until I realized there was an issue with shielding before hand. Like you had to be completely out of the shield animation to backstab or something. After learning that it was pretty consistent.
>>
>>380007768
that nigger charges you with a huge ass explosion unless you know where to hide or when to run
attacking him for the first time always ends up in tears
it's bullshit, bro
>>
>>380007924
>make a claim
>ask if he can back it up
>gives a joke answer
I'm not mad I'm just ending the conversation because it's not going to go anywhere
>>
He's right, video games should just be easier so I can finish writing my snarky review faster and get back to being very active on twitter
>>
File: 1494353947287.png (401KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
1494353947287.png
401KB, 818x503px
>>380007334

Bed of Chaos
>>
>>380007334
There's a lot of shit that you wouldn't know until you looked up. I don't remember specifics because it's been a while but Sen's Fortress and Blighttown, just to name some "earlier" parts. You do not have the skills going into the game raw to be able to do everything on the first try or without multiple attempts and no knowledge of the game. Bed of Chaos is another example, some people might find the gimmick straight away but that is not the average experience. Taking it slow will still not prepare you for everything that happens in the game even though most deaths are "fair." It's your kind of attitude that I'm specifically talking about.
>>
>>380007334

Patience is literally the worst thing to do at Four Kings.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 698x4355px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 698x4355px
>>380008218
>Sen's Fortress
bull fucking shit

I'm glad you said this because this is actually the best example of how patience and thinking will get you far, it's one of the best levels in the game for that reason.

sen's fortress tries to trap you and surprise you but EVERYTHING has a tell. the pressure plates, the mimics, the saws, the elevator. if you look around and analyze instead of running headfirst like an idiot, you can succeed easily. you have a bunch of NPCs telling you it's a "deadly house of traps", so obviously you'd have your guard up and try to not get tricked. right? you are smart right?
>>
>>380006453
>player-unfriendly
You just know some casual faggot wrote this shit.
>>
>lot of design problems
such as?

>player-unfriendly
Even if you are shit at the game, it's a damn rpg, grind and level the fuck up, normie.

>muh culture
It has been cancer the exact same moment those big youtubers started playing it and the pvp scene blew up, that's the reason we got those awful DaS2 pvp-oriented patches and the sack of shit that is DaS3
>>
>>380008579
Not to mention even if you aren't paying attention initially there's no excuse not to check for traps once you notice them. There's literally a trap right in front of you the moment you walk in.
>>
>>380008579
And as predictably as you could be, you post the comic that I expected. I'd love to meet all the people that did it on their first try.
>>
>>380008809
it's a very applicable comic
>>
>>380007334
Honestly the mandatory death at Seath unless you know the Duke's Archives skip, especially if a player didn't know about that beforehand. There's no real even close to bullshit moment in 1 otherwise.
>>
>>380008579
>viral

Good old days
>>
Why do people buy video game shirts?
>>
>>380007868
okay, that's an exaggeration
>>
>>380008579
I love how you ignored everyone who said bed of chaos.

Dark souls is a great game but it's not perfectly designed, don't be a shitlord.
>>
The only garbage part of Dark Souls is the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, but anyone who bitches about Dark Souls being "player unfriendly" and "difficult enjoy" sure as shit didn't make it far so that's not what they're talking about.
>>
>>380008809
>I'd love to meet all the people that did it on their first try.

Not the point. Just because people choose not to play something smart doesn't change whether the game is fair or not.
>>
>>380008218
>sen's fortress
i don't think so, you can go through that on your first go. probably blighttown too.
bed of chaos, now that's some fucked up, retarded shit.
>>
>>380009149
>The only garbage part of Dark Souls is the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith
And the crystal caves
and really everything after the lordvessel
>>
>>380008037
>I'm not mad, j-just shut up!
so mad hahaha
>>
there's literally only one bullshit "gotcha" death in DS1 that isn't a mandatory story-progress one, and it's the fucking drop down in tomb of the giants with the divine ember and like 6 skeleton giants

it's actually not possible to survive that shit, especially if you don't have the maggot, you don't even know what you're looking for or if it's progress and you just get stomped like a fucking turd in the shower
>>
>>380007754

Ahhh but those things are not concrete; adventure, exploration, rewards, such abstract things are hard to nail down, and understand as having been achieved or underdeveloped.....

But the number of times you died in a given space/time? Easily quantifiable.

So lazy fucks just go with the latter to internalize what Dark Souls "is" rather than continuous observations (and likely, prior, a great deal of exposure to other similar experiences) in-play to come to a conclusion on the former.

A great part of the public rely or prefer meme-like catch-all sound bytes rather than critical discussion. People like small talk, they HATE discussion. (see: "Cool blogpost" responses here) I have some theories that it reminds them too much of public school where the language use feels like lecturing...sometimes it does appear that really HATE learning though.
>>
>>380006453
>actively ignores these elements
More like actively adores these elements
One of the points I see brought up constantly by soulsfags is that the games let you figure out shit on your own
>>
>>380006453
>Is he wrong?
Let's see
>I Didn't beat Dark Souls
Probably
>Ot jas a lot of design problems
it has some, I wouldn't say a lot.
>that make it player-unfriendly
What does this mean? All games are trying to prevent you from winning and its the player's job to overcome them
>and difficult to enjoy
That's subjective, a lot of people like it and a lot of people hate it
>but the culture surrounding it actively ignores these elements
the """culture""" is aware of these elements (whatever they are) and usually argues for them or against them, they are not ignored
>hyping it up as the hardest video game ever
I never see this, I only hear about how its more difficult compared to games of this (and last) generation.
>and claiming that anyone who takes issue with the varying problems must just be bad at video games in general
this applies to all video games, go complain in a fucking overwatch thread and they'll call you a silver shitter, fucking overwatch of all games
>>
>>380009315
>Not the point.
That's the entire point you bumbling retard. I made an original statement about it being trial and error which was countered with "no it's not" and now "that's not the point." Bravo
>>
>>380008809
Just because most people won't beat Sens on their first try doesn't mean that any aspect of it is unfair or inherently relies on you knowing what the obstacles are ahead of time to beat it without dying. I think the only aspect of Dark Souls I can think of that's genuinely bullshit is Bed of Chaos, and MAYBE your very first encounter with a mimic in the game. Also probably pre-patch dragon asses.
>>
>>380008789

I wish I could say that people follow those believed lines of learning behavior.

Get the warning trap -> know to check for traps for the future.

Its not true as often as anyone would want...
>>
I'm complete trash at video games and I've beaten all the Souls games multiple times. They're really not that hard once you get your fundamentals down. They just force the player to think and find their own way through obstacles. It's not hard, it's demanding.
>>
>>380009936

In a world that has the likes of mobile games to coerces you on a minute to minute basis, something that is demands your attention, well, lot of people are going find that taxing.

Overall, I am very much in favor of them being demanding, it means that the concepts of games can be taken more seriously (in the constructive way, not the SRS GAYMER silliness).
>>
>>380008887
that is still progress. a mandatory death is a mandatory death, you still pretty much "solve" it by just walking in
>>
If you defend bed of chaos in anyway you are a shill and part of the culture you deny exists.
>>
There are tons of guides and shit for tips on getting through the game. I mean yeah, ask something on a chan board and you'll probably get a lot of "git gud" but the information is out there, the community is definitely NOT unhelpful.
>>
>>380011090
That's not the point of the thread/shirt. The information is out there but autists who praise the game don't remember when they started the game and that they've played through the game multiple times before saying how easy the game is or can be.
>>
>>380007471
Stupid shield babby detected
>>
>>380011267
>>380007471
fact:
using a shield is fun, backstabbing is boring shit
>>
>>380006453
I do not "beat" games, I'm not 12 years old.
I play them to completion instead.

Dark Souls was ok, but it became too much of a meme game. The sequels were mediocre and I stayed away from it.
>>
>player unfriendly
>difficult to enjoy
this triggers me
also the """"hardest video game ever"""" is mostly marketing and retards
>>
>>380011568

What does meme mean in your context?
>>
>>380011392
Fact: You suck shit at the game if you use either one
>>
>>380009342
bad of chaos the second you walk into the room if you have ever played a video game you know what to do. the only bullshit death i can remember is the first mimic in sens
>>
>>380006934

How is trial and error a bad thing anyway? You learn from your mistakes.

It's not like death is very punishing in Dark Souls, it's not nethack.
>>
>>380011917
>t. Das3 baby

Yeah because spamming a 1.5 seconds invulnerability skill with no stamina cost is better
>>
>>380011852
>I can't play popular games because I'm a fucking snowflake
>>
File: (9).gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
(9).gif
456KB, 600x573px
>tfw got DS1, 3 and Bloodborne spoiled
>>
>>380012403
I never played that pile of dog shit, it reminded too much of Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>380006453
He is wrong about the game. But I hate soulsfags so carry on.
>>
>>380012186
>How is trial and error a bad thing anyway?
I never said it was bad but it seems you're too stupid to understand the conversation.
>>
>>380012447

Not much to spoil. You go places, fight guys, kill bosses.
>>
>>380012526
Then you should know that you can play however the fuck you want, Havel or grain ring, is OP either way.
>>
>>380012436

Ya, kinda have to default to this, since it sounds like OP can't help but let the internet's depiction of Solaire, et al. override whatever actual experiences he personally may have in the environs or with the characters, or enemies or whatever.
>>
>>380006453
No. Dark Souls haters are insufferable losers who are to stupid to beat a game of moderate difficulty and/or appreciate the world building.
>>
>>380012769

In the context of the conversation about "fans of the series underplaying trial and error", followed by a bunch of (mostly retarded) fanboy replies saying that it isn't trial and error? Yeah, I maintain my question. I don't see why so many people seem to believe that trial and error is a bad thing in a videogame. Learning anything is basically trial and error first and foremost.
>>
>>380006934
>extremely underplay the "trial and error" aspects
Nigga that's the "le prepare to die" meme is. It's all over the fucking marketing.
>>
>>380006453

coop basically makes dark souls a casual beat 3D hack n slash game

if you didn't beat them because it was too "hard" you're a faget
>>
>>380011568

>I sit through every game to 100% because I'm a big boy!
You must not get through many games a year then
>>
>>380013067
>I don't see why so many people seem to believe that trial and error is a bad thing in a videogame

As it stands in regards to Dark Souls, blame the autistic meme-spouting section of the fanbase that spams "git gud" every time someone admits frustration with a certain section.

>does anyone else think bed of chaos could have had a better design?
>"nah git gud"

>i'm having trouble with capra demon
>"git gud lol"

So what this means is that when someone claims the game gave them an unfair death, and someone else say that it is simply trial and error, then the implication is that the error was on their part (essentially, they fucked up). It's just another way of saying 'git gud' and that rankles people.
>>
>>380006453
>Die once
>LE GAME IS 2 HARD, I WANNA PLAY MARIO INSTEAD
When did people forget that trial and error is literally the only way humans have ever functioned and learned to git gud
>>
File: 1493229022229.jpg (51KB, 591x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493229022229.jpg
51KB, 591x768px
>>380007479
>consolefags think PCs can't use controllers
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.