[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going through the Metal Gear series can I leave this one out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

going through the Metal Gear series

can I leave this one out or then I would just fall for Kojimbo's

> "i-it's not canon, p-play the much superior Peace Walker"

meme?
>>
File: 1497080701344.jpg (806KB, 801x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1497080701344.jpg
806KB, 801x1147px
>>380003532
its the best game once you master tanky controls

Its more about finding and training your soldiers than anything else but it feels so fucking good to rock out with your squad

Also its the first game on the series where Alligator and Monitor Lizard are playable, so fuck the haters

Plot is dumb thou, they really fucked up Frank Jaeger with the whole null nonsense
>>
if you are playing them for the story, just skip it. the story doesn't really affect other games and when you play PW the gameplay won't feel as repetitive
>>
File: MPO_Null_01.png (56KB, 272x272px) Image search: [Google]
MPO_Null_01.png
56KB, 272x272px
>>380003909
> not liking the edgemeister
>>
>>380003532
It's the last real MGS game so if you actually liked 1-3 then yes you'll play it.
>>
File: 1496455352659.jpg (67KB, 999x990px) Image search: [Google]
1496455352659.jpg
67KB, 999x990px
>>380004441
Only Magnus McNigger is dumber than you and that silly stick leg makes him better

Also Ursula a hottie
>>
>>380004679
what do the later installments fuck up?
>>
File: De Gaulle.png (154KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
De Gaulle.png
154KB, 960x720px
De Gaulle?
>>
>>380004864
the controls, they improved them too much
>>
it's not that bad

just imagine playing a shittier MGS3 with a PSP instead of a dualshock
>>
>>380003532
Plotwise the whole Gene is your "brother" and The Boss "son" is just an Anime trophe

Best thing of the game is scouting soldiers
>>
>>380004864
The story and the "MGS feel". 4 is borderline, it's still good but you can clearly see that this was the turning point.

Peace Walker and V shouldn't even be canon they're so ridiculously terrible as far as MGS goes. Decent gameplay depending on your taste but dog shit additions to the canon story line. They basically turned it all to shit.

>>380005015
Exactly it's just the portable sequel to MGS3. Only complete autists disregard it, they were probably too poor to afford a PSP when it came out and just missed out on the game. It's a good game especially for when it came out.
>>
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_4_Graveyard[1].jpg (225KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_4_Graveyard[1].jpg
225KB, 1280x720px
>>380004923
graveyards?
>>
>>380003532
I would just skip it. Kojima doesn't regard it as canon and the only "canon" bits are stuff that is confirmed from other games.

I hope you're playing MG1 and 2 though Anon, MG2 is really fucking good and leads into MGS1 one really well.
>>
File: 19063_3a.jpg (152KB, 605x343px) Image search: [Google]
19063_3a.jpg
152KB, 605x343px
>>380005291
I share your sentiments about V, but don't really see what people hate about PW's story.
>>
>>380005291
Peace Walker still has an MGS feel to it. Story is solid and the tapes are great backstory.
>>
File: tenor.gif (1MB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1MB, 1920x1076px
>>380005728
> I hope you're playing MG1 and 2 though Anon, MG2 is really fucking good and leads into MGS1 one really well

s-sure
>>
>>380005978
Fucking play them you casual, MG2 is one of the best games in the series you faggot and has legit plot points that nobody picks up on.
>>
>>380005978
Play them nigger
>>
>>380005752
It shits on 3 and POs stories, it enables V's story to exist, and even putting both of these things aside it was fucking retarded.

Snake acting like he did around the Boss' AI and that whole AI nonsense even existing is literally fucking retarded writing. None of it made sense in any way. Not in the timeline, not in the grand scope of the series, and it didn't make sense for Snake's character. The villains and the out of place civilians were also horrible additions.

>>380005956
The Boss tapes were good yeah but most of the other tapes weren't nearly as espionage-y as the prior games, it was mostly just fan service and comedy. Gameplay did not have that MGS feel because they completely changed how the game plays and it was ridiculously easy and/or grindy. I don't hate the game because it's cool for what it is, but it's not what I'd ever have asked for in a MGS game and seeing what happened to the series with V has made me bitter as fuck towards PW.
>>
>>380006506
>Gameplay did not have that MGS feel
Would disagree.
It has gameplay feel, it feels more like mini MGS3 and comfy base was aright but small maps kinda made it all too episodic.

Still if you lusting for more BBC Big Boss Cock you can play it and the game is full of Hayter voiceacting so there is that.
I dont think we will hear him as old good careless snek ever again so, enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>380006506
>it enables V's story to exist
so does every other mgs game. calm your hateboner
>>
>>380007592
You can't disagree with it because it didn't. Fulton is the main mechanic of the game and that's not MGS at all. And sneaking and shooting in PW is just stupid easy plus no proper boss fights.
>>
>>380007818
MGS2 had shit boss fights as well though
>>
>>380007818
Futonari is just as MGS as every other new thing they add.
Futon was added just because its an psp game and player wouldnt want to waste all day dragging bodies, it allow player to concentrate on gameplay more without making him drag everyone around.
Plus, its a pokemon kind of game so even better if you can catch new soldiers like that.
>>
>>380008232
>Plus, its a pokemon kind of game
Exactly, it's not MGS.
>>
File: MGS3_CQC.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3_CQC.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>380007818
Fulton actually gives you a good reason to not kill people

sure, MGS has always been fun when you took the no-kill route, but I've always coveted an actual reason to don't get trigger happy.
>>
>>380008872
We talking psp here.
They made a perfect psp game, it makes you replay levels without feeling artificial, the gameplay complexity and length is great as well.
Gameplay/audio/visuals are all good and even small maps are made so player can play his psp in between bus stops.

Yes its not one lengthy adventure from start to finish and quite honestly I doubt a large map with many enemies all around would work on small psp screen.
Think sediment pool in MGS2 or the end/cobra unit in the forest or even MGS1 helipad area.
On this screen that would be hard to play and they did everything to suit psp better.

Regardless, it still feels like an MGS game.
>>
>>380009549
The game's always had a reason to not kill people. PW's fulton just gives you something to waste your life grinding into.

>>380010150
I get that you like it but you still haven't argued what I said about its gameplay not being MGS like at all. But that's cool it doesn't matter.
>>
>>380010367
>you still haven't argued what I said about its gameplay not being MGS like at all
You didnt give reasons why its not like MGS at all.

Futon alone does not change that much and just because you can collect soldiers to use them later does not mean that the game still relies on sneaking just as old mgs games did.

How exactly its not like old MGS games?
>>
>>380008872

That's why the tagline switched to Espionage Operations for MGS 5. Playing from the antagonist's pov they turned it into a half-hearted base management sim that pretty much is Pokemon with Russian soldiers.
>>
I wish they never whitewashed waging war on America when people literally spend the game building a terrorist state essentially.
>>
>>380012836
Is that what ISIS play in their spare time between getting shot at by US military and blowing shit up?
>>
>>380010367
>he thinks fultoning soldiers is grinding
ai boards and codenames. those are the real grinds, scrub
>>
>>380013498
You recruit to increase your base level which lets you research more, you moron.
>>
>>380013838
Yes but that is not what grinding is.
The other anon is correct, when you have to fight over and over again same AI just for those boards that is grinding.
Not that you return once in a while to an level to futon few soldiers away.
>>
>>380013838
unless you are playing the same missions over and over again to get a specific soldier, that's not a grind. and even if you are doing that, that is nothing compared to some of the other grinds in the game. casual

also if you're the guy defending PO, the recruiting in that game really is a grind. tedious as fuck
>>
>>380014283
There's no point in recruiting in PO. You're forced to in PW.

>>380014041
>forcing a halt on progress while you increase your stats isn't grinding
(You)
>>
>>380014424
>There's no point in recruiting in PO. You're forced to in PW.
and it's the easiest and most fluid shit in the world. all you do is walk up to a soldier and press a button. you're acting like the game is asking you to do the dishes every time you want to recruit a soldier
>>
>>380014424
The same as not picking up better weapon in any fps right before the boss battle.

Again, there is difference between picking up soldiers you want and repeating same battle over and over again.
>>
>>380013087

I'm just referencing what was apparently the original script for TPP before they switched stuff around to the current final one with a later rewrite (America essentially becomes "Cipher" and only gets direct reference through Huey).

But there is an obvious parallel in the depiction of something like BB's little band of somalian pirates->Outer Heaven and any rogue state or terrorist group with a cause; especially one formed from a ragtag bunch of literal pirates.
>>
If they'd finish it off with an MG remake and round out the whole package we really would have our little ISIS simulator wouldn't we?
>>
>>380014678
>>380014740
Yeah you only have to do it hundreds or thousands of times!

Fuck off you drones you're just arguing for the sake of it. You can google "peace walker grinding" and you'll see hundreds of threads talking about it.
>>
>>380015117
>thousands
the max staff is 300. and the grinding is just to get level 99 in all sectors, which is completely unnecessary if you just want to beat the game. it's like getting all the dogtags, or kerotans, or mgs4 emblems

>you're just arguing for the sake of it
and you're not? by the way, welcome to 4chan, you'll notice everyone does that here
>>
>>380015775
>the max staff is 300. and the grinding is just to get level 99 in all sectors, which is completely unnecessary if you just want to beat the game. it's like getting all the dogtags, or kerotans, or mgs4 emblems
You have really good reading comprehension.

Fucking mong.
>>
>>380005978
Only autistic casuals refuse to play MG1 and MG2.
>>
>>380016363
yeah i do. because you said you "have to do it". and you don't "have to", because the grinding is completely fucking optional. if you don't want to do all the optional filler postgame missions, then don't. that's what you need all of the good staff for

i'm going to apply an insult to the end of my post because i'm insecure and don't actually have a point to make
>>
>>380016614
I actually am planning to

I just felt bad because I know I should've played it before at least Snake Eater
>>
>>380016813
It's a symptom of autism to not grasp hyperbole and sarcasm.
>>
>>380017181
it's a symptom of mental retardation to think that hyperbole and sarcasm are a good basis to an argument
>>
>>380017410
There's that reading comprehension again. You really are fucking stupid.
>>
File: Tying Venom's shoes.png (367KB, 342x628px) Image search: [Google]
Tying Venom's shoes.png
367KB, 342x628px
>>380003532
PW's story is shitty and dumber. If you can stomach the game mechanics, give it a shot.
>>
>>380017580
there's that non sequitur again. you really are bad at this
>>
>>380017181
would you rather game have no input because from how youve argued it seems you think a simple input after doing something is grinding, is moving grinding? is shooting the enemies with a tranq grinding? it seems like movies are more for you pal.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.