[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the wild is a perfect ga- >8 minute stealth tailing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: htzlvd0le4ltjkjx2unq.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
htzlvd0le4ltjkjx2unq.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Breath of the wild is a perfect ga-

>8 minute stealth tailing mission where detection is insta-fail
>speed of target is irritatingly slow
>target turns around and runs back to induce said insta-fail
>target gets attacked by a wolf in the last minute and cries for help, defending him gives you insta-fail

Together with the framerate issues, the overabundance of sexual innuendos and some extremely low quality textures, I honestly don't understand why everyone gave it a 10/10. It's a great game, but it's a flawed masterpiece kind of thing.
>>
N O G A M E I S P E R F E C T
>>
Didn't you post this exact thread earlier?
>>
did it first try
>>
you use the bow retard

also,
>overabundance
>sexual innuendos
fucking bait
>>
>>380003213
Just play it on PC in 4K and a more stable framerate
>>
>>380005398
cemu desperation everytime.
>>
>the part where the wolf attacks
>says SAVE ME HERO
>figure he knew I was there all along
>run out and kill wolf
>didn't see where korok scurried off to
>he says "thank you hero"
>think this is it
>he sees me
>EEEEEEEEEP

FUCKING WHY NINTENDO THIS WAS SO INFURIATING
>>
>>380003213
>Complaining about one - completely optional - shrine out of 120 shrines.

Weak ass bait thread. You already made this thread a few hours ago.
>>
>>380003213
>people actually had trouble with that part

Oh my god
I don't even
>>
>Nintendogaf now defending tailing mission
Just confirming my suspicion that Nintendo can do no wrong here.
>>
>>380006201
I'm complaining about the sidequest. The shrine is LITERALLY a staircase with a chest. My blind demented grandmother could finish it.
>>
The X/10 rating system is inheretly flawed.

0/10 should only be given to games with no effort, but as a game can not exist without any effort being put into it, this rating is not aplicable. It's not a school test where we expect an effort that may not come. A game either comes into being or it doesn't.

Additionally, the score 10/10 is highly problematic because there is no consens on what it means. Does it refer to a perfect game as we have the highest possible score? If so, then no game should ever receive a 10/10, as games are products of flawed human beings and as such are never flawless themselves. Or is a 10/10 a rating for games which get as close to perfection as we can imagine? If that is the case, how close do we need to get to perfection to allow a 10/10 rating? How do we know how close we are to perfection if we never experienced perfection as it is impossible? Do we simply look at how little flaws a game has? Is perfection in a work simply the lack of flaws? Do we not take spirit, ambition, creativity into account?

Last, but not least, a X/10 ratings simply hasn't enough range to accurately describe a video game. You may thinkg BoTW is not a 10/10 because you wouldn't consider giving it a 100% score, but as a "flawed masterpiece" you may consider giving it a 95% score, which would still round up to 10/10. Considering we are talking about games which are nearing perfection, there's a huge leap of quality between a 95% game and a 99% game. Additionally, it is confusing to have a 94% game drop off into the 9/10 range, which is much more common than the 10/10 games. As such the 94% game may seem like not such a big deal, even though it actually graced the level of quality only the best of the best can provide.
>>
>>380007129
The sidequest IS the shrine. Shrine blessings just have their puzzles on the outside. In this case it was a stealth puzzle.
>>
>>380007882
This reply was wasted on a shitpost thread
>>
>>380008893
T-thanks.
>>
>>380003213
10 out the of ten for game reviews means high recommendations.

It doesn't mean perfect game.
>>
>>380009572
you should keep it as pasta for later
>>
>>380003213
It's a 6/10-7/10 game.

Fans deluded themselves into thinking it was good while Nintendo paid off the actual reviewers.

Can't wait for people to wake out of their honeymoon phase and realize how garbage it truly was.
>>
File: queensblade-menace-1.jpg (90KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
queensblade-menace-1.jpg
90KB, 1333x1000px
So hey since we're here, and I never played it, are there any like, real Zelda dungeons in it, or just those shrines?
>>
>>380007882
I grew up with a Dutch gaming magazine that used a 1-100 scale, and I really liked how much nuance it gave. Metroid Prime was a stunningly good game, got a 98. Metroid Prime 2 was mostly the same game and head and shoulders above the vast majority of other games, just not quite as good as the first so it got a 97.
>>
>>380010226
BotW features 120 shrines. Additionally, we have 4 titans. These can be seen as dungeons equivalents. Keep in mind that a dungeon equivalent is not the same as a dungeon. But we're getting close. There's also Hyrule castle, which feels like a dungeon, just not a Zelda dungeon. It's simply part of the open-world-map and can be freely explored. But you'll be able to scavenge through so many rooms, tunnels and caves that it makes you feel like a true dungeon crawler. Alternatively, you can just climb to the end boss and skip all there is to Hyrule castle.

If you NEED dungeons in your Zelda, I'd say skip BotW or play it for free using CEMU so you won't regret your purchase and instead only have to invest time instead of money into it.
>>
>>380010573
I think that a rating system based on percentage is a much better approach than the rather broad and vague X/10.

I absolutely loved the rating system of the german video game magazine Computer Bild Spiele. I don't know if they still used it, as I don't read magzines any more (thanks internet!), but what they had back then was really impressive.

They had an established system which dictates how much influence a certain part of the game has to the rating. For example: If the publisher made the effort to include a colored printed manual in the game's case, that would always influence the rating positively. Now you may think that it's dumb to have the manual factor into the rating of the game, but the system dictates that the manual can only influence the final score to a degree of let's say 0.4 %. So it's absolutely impossible for a shit game to have its rating saved by a nice manual ; or have a great game's rating destroybed by the lack of packaging materials.

Every single aspect of the game in review was considered that way. Some categories even had sub-categories. Graphics were for example subdivided into aspects such as "Resolution" "Framerate" "AA" and so on.
>>
>>380008540
Why don't people realize this? I see so many complaints about blessing Shrines but the whole point is the challenge being in the open world rather than ANOTHER test of strength.
>>
>>380003213
>sexual innuendos
>censors head-patting
Choose 1.
>>
>>380010226
No not really.

There's the divine beasts - but the dungeons are so pathetic that they might as well be enhanced shrines.

And that's it.
>>
It does feel like Nintendo has lost their "innocence" in a sense with the abundance of waifu pandering even in their flagships like Zelda now. Fire Emblem Awakening really was a mistake.
>>
>>380003213
>framerate issues
I thought those were fixed with a patch two weeks after release?
>>
>>380003213
git gud
>>
>No sheikah armor plus stealth potion
>gets spotted
>
>>
>>380010147
Has Nintendo ever paid off reviewers?
>>
File: 1380845403289.jpg (729KB, 1312x974px) Image search: [Google]
1380845403289.jpg
729KB, 1312x974px
>>380012126
Nintendo is a shit-tier company now and this became apparent for me with the Wii-U.

Can't believe I used to be a Nintentard who actually respected them as a company. Then again, back in the pre-Wii days, they WERE a passionate and respected company, and rightfully so. Now everything the develop in-house feels so... samey and soulless now; just following the motions. BoTW included. The blatant waifu-pandering you mention doesn't help. Especially when the rest of the game feels like I'm following the motions of a safe saturday-morning cartoon when it actually came to the game's tone, narrative, character and story.

I wonder where it all went so, so wrong.
>>
>>380012385
Yes, they blackmail them too. Especially e-celebs, thanks to their totalitarian censorship and youtube policy practices.
>>
>>380011068
That sounds incredibly shit
>>
>>380013005
I disagree, but I respect your opinion.
>>
>>380012713
most of the story scenes are about how Zelda hates herself and in the present all of your friends are dead. Very saturday morning cartoon game
>>
>>380012385
https://twitter.com/danryckert/status/533378453911785473?lang=en
Nintendo doesn't care what you say about their games as long as you give an honest opinion, they're far too much of a honorable Japanese company to bribe people.
>>
>>380013272
It sure is, because I never fucking interacted with any of them or the pre-cataclysm world in the actual game. There's no fucking gameplay-based substance to back their deaths or the """"""tragedy"""""" of losing of it all, so why the fuck would I care or bother. If those collectable memories were actually playable flashbacks instead of stupid anime-fan service 3 minute cutscenes, then maybe I would have a different opinion on the matter.

At least I actually interacted with the sages in OoT before seeing the world go to literal shit seven years later. But BoTW couldn't even do that right.
>>
>>380006227

It was just annoying that they put in two sections that could royally fuck you over. I managed the wolf with a spear, but that walk took so long and I failed when he "saw the ghost"
>>
>>380012971
Utter fucking delusion. I bet you think 9/11 was an inside job too.
>>
>>380007882
Fuck off, retard. The -./10 system is based off of school grading systems.

Anything under 6/10 is automatically a failure, but the severity of the failure is up for debate. 9/10 - 10/10 aren't perfect, but they are so beyond the pale that their imperfections are ignored in favor of all of the good.
>>
>>380003213
>Breath of the wild is a perfect game
Said nobody. Being a 9/10 game doesn't mean being perfect.
Hell, being 10/10 isn't perfection. The perfect game doesn't exist.
>>
>>380014764
Thank you, nonautist. Its outstanding how many people cant fucking get this. It's always in an attempt to sound smart too.
>>
>>380014912
Tetris Attack.
>>
You can just run past him and go straight to the shrine. Idiot. What game do you think you're playing?

By the way, I figured out how to traverse the Lost Woods by trial and error. How were you supposed to do it?
>>
>>380013324
That was old-Nintendo though. They were honorable back then, Yakuza ties aside.

Nu-Nintendo is fucking corporate scum.
>>
>>380015561
I had a local nintendo magazine which never gave any games lower than 7/10. Antz Racing on the GBC got a raving review.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.