[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAID MODS ARE BACK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: modding_D.jpg (347KB, 940x1400px) Image search: [Google]
modding_D.jpg
347KB, 940x1400px
What did I fucking tell you /v/. Mods are going to kill gaming once and for all
>>
File: the truth.jpg (791KB, 1790x989px) Image search: [Google]
the truth.jpg
791KB, 1790x989px
Mods are a bad thing. I think we can mostly agree on that.

Shitty lazy developers get away with selling broken, low effort games. Then the community fixes it and picks up the pieces of the lazy developer. Community patches, big fixes, more content, etc

Paid mods are a good thing. Just think about it for one moment-

Instead of the grubby lazy dev doing no work and getting all the money and credit, now the people who are ACTUALLY working to fix these games get their own credit and payment. It will keep them motivated to produce even better mods and content down the line.

Let's say you buy a shitty game
>>
File: 1446689393402.jpg (32KB, 540x547px) Image search: [Google]
1446689393402.jpg
32KB, 540x547px
>>380000785
BUY MY MODS
>>
>>380000785
*you reposted in the wrong neighborhood starts playing*
Heh... , epic
>>
>>380001293
Every time I see him I remember the picture of his vagina
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-11-23-49-09.jpg (169KB, 768x760px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-11-23-49-09.jpg
169KB, 768x760px
>>380001627
NO
>>
>>380000785
What do you have against buying mods goy? Are you some kind of racist?
>>
>>380001293
> Mods are a bad thing. I think we can mostly agree on that

Spotted the console peasant
>>
>>380002163
how about you argue some of my points instead of responding like a fucking retarded person would
>>
>>380001293
Paid mods will accomplish none of that and just encourage broken and limited games further to make more money, because then it's just DLC all over again, and we know what DLC has done to the business. At least free mods are free and there's no guarantee that the community will make up lost ground for your broken game, because at that point the fact that they're not being paid and there's no money in it means you have to rely on their passion and interest, and without that, there's no mod. Once you make them paid, there is then the incentive to create a broken game and make a mod to fix it, because that'll be a way to profit from your game even further.

Paid mods are the exact gaming equivalent of infomercial pitches: inventing a problem in order that they may sell you the solution. And you can be certain that it will work, Apple's been doing it to their consumer base for decades, it's a proven system.
>>
>>380002353
You want less from your game.
Thus you are an idiot.
>>
>>380000785
>Mods are going to kill gaming once and for all
actually it is BETHESDA and ZENIMAX that are trying to kill gaming.

BOYCOTT AND KILL OFF THOSE STUPID CORPORATIONS!!!
MAKE THEM FEEL OUR WRATH!!!
NEGATIVE REVIEWS FOR ALL THEIR GAMES!!!
MAKE THEM BURN!!!
>>
File: BTFO.png (12KB, 831x96px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
12KB, 831x96px
>>380001952
>>
>>380002851
Bethesda on suicide watch, how will they recover?
>>
>>380002690
No. I don't want less from my game. I want more from the game developers.

Don't buy skyrim just to mod it with pedofile anime sex mods. Don't buy it to install gameplay mods. Don't support something that you don't like on its own.

Use your money, support developers and games who don't need the community to pick up the pieces for them. Bethesda is giving everyone the middle finger right now, and telling modders to make DLC for them. This is not okay in any way, shape, or form. Mods are a cancer upon this industry, Bethesda got rich because of misinformed people like this, now they think they're above it all. It happened, and it will happen again unless we stop supporting this behavior.
>>
>>380001293
So I get to buy the broken and shit game, and then also buy the mods to fix it? Thanks Bethesda!
>>
>>380003567
People will be buying the broken shit game regardless. Just look at how 90% of skyrim's launch gear sales were on Xbox 360/ PS3

However, now mods are on all the platforms. That's why it's time to make it stop.

Buy the paid mods, and support the people working to actually fix these games.Bethesda takes a cut but it will show them what out standards are, maybe send them a wake up call.

Don't use free mods, it only lets Bethesda get away with more horrible garbage, lazy development, and fucking of their fanbase.
>>
File: 1488312931555.jpg (539KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488312931555.jpg
539KB, 1400x700px
>last time it was less than 30% of the price to the creators
>now they're going to select mods for a "full development cycle"
>there are people who will be working for Bethesda to improve their games and get fuckall paid for it
Bethesda fans.
I want the revenue split, anyone have it?
>>
>>380004095
Look at it this way: before, people would fix up Bethesda's game for them. Alright. A shitty situation, Bethesda being lazy, but I suppose they did it out of passion.

Now, Bethesda wants to charge for these. This is good because the mod creators get paid for their work. This is also very bad because it will entice a LOT of the big modders out there to join up in this system. And will risk Bethesda getting even lazier, because they get a cut of the profits, definitely the largest cut. They will now PROFIT off of other people fixing their games.

That's a bit scary.
>>
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I'm super excited.
>>
>>380001293
>Instead of the grubby lazy dev doing no work and getting all the money and credit, now the people who are ACTUALLY working to fix these games get their own credit and payment
Except they're still selling the game at the price they would've sold it for regardless of whether or not they gave a shit enough to fix it or not so I doubt they give a shit.
Have you seen the steam paid mods page? Literally a bunch of faggots looking to make a quick buck by shelling sword reskins for 4.99
>>
>>380005769
50 credits have been deposited in your Bethesda account
>>
File: brody_hoodward.jpg (34KB, 337x346px) Image search: [Google]
brody_hoodward.jpg
34KB, 337x346px
>>380005769
I agree. They will see a Full Internal Development Cycle and see Full Studio Support. The Quality Control will never be as high, after all Quality is a Bethesda trademark.
>>
>>380004095
>Buy the paid mods, and support the people working to actually fix these games.Bethesda takes a cut but it will show them what out standards are, maybe send them a wake up call.

how much of a liar with an ulterior motive do you have to be? where do you get off from lying to strangers online?

Bethesda won't change, they won't fix their games. Modders fixing their games and taking money from it means they can take a cut of that money, which means an extra source of revenue for them.

Who the fuck were you attempting to fool here?
>>
>>380005769
Posted too soon, we saw this already
>>
>piss off PC market
>go to consoles instead
>make even more money
Consolefags will pay for these without hesitation, mark my words.
>>
>>380006854
I'm a consolefag and I will never pay for this.
>>
>>380005769
See >>380002681
>>
>>380000785
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
>>380007719
Go look after Tood, Pete.
>>
>>380007719
This is around the fifteenth time I've seen this exact same post in the past hour.
>>
>>380007719
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0D7Az2LWq1m
>>
>>380007719
I unironically think it's a neat idea

It's all curated. Has to be new content. Only a few modders are going to be accepted, they're not taking everyone away or stealing free mods. I don't get why everyone's so freaked out about it, maybe Bethesda should have taken longer and explained it better for your stupid minds
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25KB, 891x187px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25KB, 891x187px
>>380001952
It's still moving.

Also, best meme: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0D7Az2LWq1m
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.