[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Odyssey General: For Fans of SM64 and Sunshine Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Upon reviewing the Odyssey trailer, I noticed a small mechanic Nintendo brought back from 3D Land/World games. Watch .gif related. Mid-air turning has returned, and friends, this is not good. This could mean the physics engine is a "floaty" mess similar to Galaxy/3DLW.

Aside from that, I am stoked for the game, but I remain skeptical, seeing as they can't for the life of them make a proper physics engine anymore.
>Brawl/Tr4sh
>Modern Kirby games
>modern Yoshi games
>>
kirby is good. havent played a yoshi game besides the original though
>>
>>379969607
Kirby was good, but after Squeak Squad, everything else was incredibly slow and just not worth playing at that speed frankly. God damn how naive I was to think Return to Dreamland would be GOAT. And good. Don't play Yoshi past Yoshi's Island (SNES).
>>
>>379969361
It will be good.
Mario games are always good.
>>
>>379969361
fuuuuck, I didn't see that when I first watched it
>>
>>379970603
yes, except everything past Sunshine aka 2002
>>
>>379969361
3D Land and World felt really tight and precise, like I was playing SMB3 but in 3D. Didn't feel floaty to me.
>>
>>379974951
Wipe that shit out of your mouth.
>>
>It's bad because it's "floaty"
t. meleefag
>>
>>379969361
How does the Plant go flat if Mario just bounces on his head but not stomping it to the ground? Lol, logic defies this game.
>>
>>379974951
>All games I didn't play are bad

Fucking peasant>>379975372
>>379975372
>>
Mario 3D Land was not floaty unless you're talking about the Tanooki suit.
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (287KB, 2048x1142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.jpg
287KB, 2048x1142px
>>379969361
inb4 I'm the only one who knows the name of this place
>>
>>379976624
Btw I work at Nintendo and the name of this place is Mt. Volbono, I'd say more but that would get me fired, also hats will play a huge role in this game, you use several different hats during the game to solve different puzzles
>>
>>379970243
Except that Woolly World is fucking fantastic, and the 3 RtDL-like Kirby games are great. You just have shit taste in everything like >>379974951. Of course, he is probably you, too.
>>
>>379969361

This is the only scene from the trailer that scared me.
But when you watch the gameplay footage it looks like it plays just like a traditional 3D Mario game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9aToh0vPk&
>>
>>379978069
>liking slow kirby games with shitty bosses
loving every laugh
>>
>>379978482
>>379969361
>I Have Never Played 3D World: The Thread
3D World has 10/10 platforming and precision.
>>
>>379978683
>slow
So all of them.

>shitty bosses
Crystal Shards?
>>
>>379969361
>Modern Kirby games
Holy shit terrible tastes modern Kirby games are excellent
>>
>Having more control over your jump is now bad
Wew lads
>>
Guys why can't I get a switch that isn't in a $500 bundle?

;(
>>
>>379979806
"More" control is not necessarily "better" control. Being able to turn around completely for a jump offers a completely different feel to jumps that can only be slowed.
>>
>>379979913
Go out to an actual store.
>>
>>379979395
>So all of them.
Super Star, the guys behind the RtDL type games want to be Super Star, but do it very poorly.
>>
Is there a health bar as big as 64/Sunshine?
>>
>>379979051

I 100%ed it with Mario. Precision doesn't automatically make Mario's acrobatics fun.
>>
>>379981068
Superstar is still a slow paced game, sorry to burst your nostalgia bubble.

>>379981804
No, but the acrobatics being fun do.
>>
>>379970243
Squeak Squad is where Kirby games took a dip in quality. RtDL was great, but it was a letdown when it wasn't the same build from the 2005 trailer and Triple Deluxe was the same thing.
>>
>>379980574
Oh I have dude.

It really sucks because I need something to play when I'm at work
>>
donkey kong country blew kirby out of the water and it probably pissed sakurai off
>>
>>379982020
>Superstar is still a slow paced game
Uhhh no. Absolutely not. Just saying it is to try and justify the new games doesn't make it right.
>>
>>379976238
sorry I forgot to beat NSMB2, you caught me
>>
>>379979395
>Kirby intentionally being more slow in the new engine doesn't mean that the games are slower than previous installments
>>
>>379983096
DKC has consistenly maintained a focus on a solid physics engine. DKC SNES-DKCTF are all just great.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.