[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that can be played on mute for when I wanna listen to new album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Games that can be played on mute for when I wanna listen to new album?
>>
>>379966086
Speedrunners is good for that. Keep the SFX on for sound direction purposes obviously but the ingame music is repetitive and bland. The game itself is a little shallow in comparison to a lot of multiplayer games but it's non-derivative, fast-paced and fun.
>>
Pretty much any roguelike or action game.
I'm using Vagante, Risk of Rain, and Dark Souls currently.
>>
>>379966086

Play something you are familiar with but perhaps don't do everything in every time. Play Super Mario Bros. 3 without warp whistle, as an example.
>>
>>379966086
I like to listen to my Ipod while I play fighting games. It actually makes me play a bit better
>>
ARPGs or chill drivan games

Diablo III and Elite: Dangerous are my favorite podcast/music games.

Just turn your brain off for a while, chill out, and click on things.
>>
>>379966086
What kind of game do you like, anon?
>>
>>379969332
Haven't been too into games as of recent, just been playing Overwatch for the most part as of recent. So honestly I'm down for any recommendations.
>>
>>379969890
Okay, videogames as a medium are extremely broad and it's easy to dislike a masterpiece simply because it's a flavor of "different" you don't like, and it's equally possible that a tasteless plebeian will recommend mediocre garbo.

So what do you like to see more out of a game: Substance? Style? Creativity? Gameplay depth? Accessibility? Good stories? Ludonarrative? Easy games? Hard games? Good atmosphere? Scary games? Exciting games? Weird games? Happy games? etc.
>>
>>379971115
I guess a game with minimal to no story, that doesn't require a massive amount of focus. A lot of replayability would be great as well. It has to be something that I can play on full mute.
>>
File: Wipeout-Omega-Collection.jpg (67KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
Wipeout-Omega-Collection.jpg
67KB, 300x381px
>>379966086
>>
>>379971115
Also would like it to be accessible, but doesn't necessarily have to be easy.
>>
>>379972402
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
Warcraft 3
Diablo 2
Rune Factory
Harvest Moon
>>
>>379972161
>on full mute
Generally sound direction plays an important role in videogames and, while music is often optional, sound effects are not. The best thing to do, in this case, is play a game that doesn't require sound direction at all. The problem is that most of these types of games aren't accessible because they focus more on having gameplay depth.

Based on your taste I'll recommend the following games from most accessible/easiest to least accessible/hardest:

>Minecraft (You should know what this is)
>Speedrunners (A game where you race your opponents on a 2D plane, very easy to get into.)
>FTL (A roguelite that involves managing a space ship and going from one place to the next)
>Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (A roguelike)
>Liberal Crime Squade (Another roguelike centered around being a political terrorist)
>Space Station 13 (A massive online space station community simulator that requires vast knowledge on the job class you decide, derived from real life like chemistry, security, head of management, medicine, engineering, etc. It can range from easy to extremely hard, but it's not very accessible.)
>Dwarf Fortress (Don't play unless you want to spend years learning how to play)
>>
>>379974562
In addition to everything listed, I'll also recommend:

>Postal 2 (america simulator)
>Terraria (Like minecraft but 2D and more complex, but equally lethargic)
>Any racing game
>Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing/Rune Factory/Stardew Valley (Any of these are just comfy farmlife sims)
>>
>>379974562
Does Speedrunners have a healthy online player base?
>>
>/mu/ likes artic monkeys
I thought they were shit
>>
>>379975806
It's usually 500 people at a time, which range from people who are terrible to people who will rape you. You can just cycle through rooms until you find someone whos just as good as you or play with AI
>>
>>379966086
Binding of Isaac
Ziggurat
Downwell
Cloudbuilt
Luftrausers
>>
>>379972161
Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Path of Exile, really arpg's in general
>>
>>379975830
>thinking /mu/ likes music
>>
>>379974562
>SS13 on full mute
Have fun not noticing your coworkers being beaten to death
>>
>>379977180
Is that not realistically what would happen if you were an asshole listening to music and muting everyone around you out?
>>
Civilization
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.