[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC HEADSETS!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Hey /v/ old lurker here,

Did the right decision and switched to PC gaming last year. Never looked back since.
I'm here because I need your autistic knowledge and experience to help me buy a new PC Headset

Budget: Max £100

Has to have: 7.1 surround and Mic
Great fucking base. Crisp acoustics, just a generally badass headset

Mainly play: Battlefield 1, DayZ, Miscreated, but I have Rocket League, CS:GO, looking to get Rainbow 6 and GTA 5. Also wanna make some friends here to play any other game you have thats team/squad based, also MMORPG's

Add me I really need to make some friends now: I'm 23, British, Conservative, racist (but just for the banter, I treat everyone the same at the end of the day), also gay but I never talk about it and I sound straight :^) But yeah gay banter is hilarious sometimes

Origin: Gottfried-Lutz (went for the most german sounding for BF1)

Steam: jonny_gb

Also post your headsets :^)
>>
Kill yourself my man
Sage
>>
>>379956992

Don't be alarmed, I'm just Islamaphobic and I hate Jewish supremacy in general.

I'm just very edgy sometimes, not autistic just very very weird, you are warned, I am slightly insane.
>>
>>379957127

I see /v/ is still cancerous since 2010

This place use to be really nice and friendly with no console pleb wars. Kys console pleb.

Inb4 "I have a PC"

No, you're an American Xbone faggot probably 13 and retarded or 15 and lonely. <3
>>
File: baba-fumika1.jpg (75KB, 1118x742px) Image search: [Google]
baba-fumika1.jpg
75KB, 1118x742px
>>379956992

Bump
>>
File: 1496833599876.jpg (63KB, 698x692px) Image search: [Google]
1496833599876.jpg
63KB, 698x692px
>>379956992

Can somebody help me out please.
>>
>>379956992

Plez can someone help me. And also add me for BF1
>>
>>379956992
>Has to have: 7.1 surround and Mic
7.1 is a marketing gimmick. Real 7.1 - as in multiple drivers in each ear cup - doesn't work because each driver is small and low-quality, and they're too close to your ear to give a real 7.1 soundstage. Virtual 7.1 - done through software - sacrifices a LOT of sound quality.

Gamers will recommend a good pair of stereo headphones, usually open-backed, instead of a headset because they will almost always sound better. Additionally, the effect of a 7.1 setup you're looking for - namely the wide sound stage and accurate positional audio - are accomplished by the recommended headphones having high-quality, crystal-clear sound. And in the case of open-back headphones, the sound leak inherent in the design gives the audio a more natural tone and usually gives that impression of a wide soundstage, all because the back of the earcup is ventilated and not solid.

So here is what I'm going to recommend for you

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LDTRJG4

It's a gaming headset made by Sennheiser, one of the biggest brands in audio. Lots of people were using their HD555 and 595 headphones for gaming as well as music, so they stuck a microphone and a volume wheel and started selling it as a headset. Every advantage of using regular stereo headphones for gaming I mentioned above, with the convenience and functionality of a gaming headset. And as a bonus, the mic is actually pretty good, unlike the trash mics you'll find on most other headsets, because Sennheiser makes microphones too.

That's my recommendation.
>>
>>379958689

Thank-you thank-you thank-you!!!

Thanks for a greatly detailed response, I would have been ripped off by the first 10 pages (((Google))) comes up for my search if it wasnt for you!

Feel free to add me on PC

Also, what Headset are you currently using?
>>
>>379958689

Its much more expensive in UK unfortunately, could you recommend another under £100
and one under £80, cheers mate
>>
>>379958689
>buying Sennheiser
Don't, they are overpriced shit
Just get some Sony MDR-7506 or some Audio Technica M40X/M50X and a $10 Zalman ZM-MIC1
>>
>>379962739

Yeah I also read that open backed headphones create too much echo and aren't particularly great for positional accuracy. They are how ever good for ambiance
>>
>>379959557
UK pricing makes this tougher. Look up prices for Philips SHP 9500 and V-Moda BoomPro. The former is another really great pair of open-back headphones and has a detachable mic that just uses a standard 3.5mm port, the latter is a high-quality add-on mic that uses that same 3.5mm port to connect. The result is a headset mic with just one cable, unlike say a ModMic, which can be used with any headphone but adds a second cable and becomes a headache for that reason.

>>379962739
>shitting on Sennheiser
>give MDR-7506 and M50x as alternatives
This can't be a real post.
>>
>>379963164
Well they don't create echo. What can happen is similar to the virtual 7.1 issue I mentioned. The audio quality doesn't drop, but there is a balancing act going on between having a wide, ambient soundstage and having accurate positional audio, AKA imaging. And some of the best imaging to be found in headphones is with Audio-Technica's ATH-AD series, which are all open-back, though those do have a narrow soundstage.
>>
>>379964206
>Audio-Technica's ATH-AD

Ok thanks anon
>>
What are some good quality earbuds/headphones for listening to music?
>>
>>379967792
I really like my Sony MDR-V6. They sound nice and balanced and are practically indestructible. They aren't too bass heavy if that's what you're looking for though.
>>
>>379967792

From my experience Seinheiser or those Bob Marley ones.

I use to steal loads of earphones from HMV in the UK, stole about 15 including headphones.
I don't steal from family companies btw just large shit holes.

The best pair that stood out was a pair of Bob Marley earphones, their Zion series.

For the price, they were £80.00 but that was 6/7 years ago, they are much cheaper now.

Seinheiser is you have money, try and get a pair that has a thicker cable not the thin ones, as they knot really easy and mine actually broke because of it. But they were the best I ever had
>>
I literally just bought a Sennheiser set and a Modmic 4.0.

It's miles better than any other headset I've owned and the ModMic sound quality is actually really good. only complaint is the extra cable
>>
>>379956992
I use an audio technica msr7 but I hear the mx40 or 50 is good for a bit less. Use any good headset really and a mod mic/desk mic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.