[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did anyone else watch the xbox today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (55KB, 920x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 920x448px
I noticed the only time the audience seemed genuinely excited was when they brought up backwards comparability. they even gave a standing ovation. why is the ability to play games from older generations the most exciting thing from this generation?
>>
>>379932653
because new games are fucking bollocks
>>
>>379932653
Because name a single game you're interested in in their showcase today
>>
This gen is mediocre
>>
>>379932653
Nostalgia goggles
>>
>>379932963
That blade runner game looked cool
>>
>>379932653
>backwards comparable
Are you saying its shit nigguh?
>>
Were you not listening to that fake crowd howl. And I don't mean all the unconvincing and out of place cheering, I mean the times they LITERALLY HOWLED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GUY TALKING
>>
8th gen is/was easily one of the worst in recent memory, too many re-releases and games designed by focus-testers and checklists of elements and mechanics marketing told them is popular.
>>
>>379933267
Fuck i almost forgot about it. Only shows that they showed a lot. The last night had a great artstyle best retro/2.5d look i have seen yet.
>>
>>379933275
no, I'm just having trouble figuring out these new controls

-sent from my XBOX One X
>>
File: 1495768875171.gif (2MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1495768875171.gif
2MB, 350x263px
when you pay 500 dollars to upgrade hardware you expect it to run your old software as well
>>
>buy no-games xbone for $500 so I can play xbox and xbox 360 games, and Windows 10 games at much lower quality than if I played them on my PC
or
>buy used xbox 360 for $100, then turn 360 degrees and buy original xbox for $30 and use leftover $370 to upgrade my PC so it's far better than XboneX

hmm
>>
File: 1467833977287.png (12KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1467833977287.png
12KB, 405x414px
>>379932625
>There is actually no good reason not to own an xbone now since it will play the entire library of past and present.

WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE GETTING THIS?! NOBODY SAID "IT WILL PLAY ALL XBOX GAMES" ITS GOING TO PLAY """"SELECT"""" HITS THAT MICROSOFT DEEMS WORTH PORTING. DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE IT REQUIRES LICENSING RIGHTS AND GIVEN OKAYS FORM MICROSOFT TO PORT ANYTHING THAT ISN'T "A MICROSOFT IP"???

JSRF IS SEGA. OTOGI IS SEGA. GBTG IS RARE. EVEN THIRD PARTY LIKE DEVIL MAY CRY OR SOUL CALIBUR 2, IS NAMCO AND CAPCOM, /THEY/ HAVE TO SAY ITS OKAY. WHICH WONT HAPPEN. IT NEVER DOES: SEE THE ALL THE NAMCO/CAPCOM 360 EXCLUSIVES THAT GOT "OKAYED" FOR XBONE, 0. ZERO.

YOU ARE GOING TO GET A WHOLE LOT OF "NOTHING" FOR 499, AND YET YOU'RE WILLING TO THROW ALL YOUR MONEY OUT THE DOOR WITHOUT A CRITICAL ANALYSIS? COME THE FUCK ON /v/ YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS.

THINK. BEFORE. YOU. BUY.
>>
>>379932653
Confirmed Xbox Games

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Confirmed Xbox 360 Games

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Aegis Wing
Age of Booty
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alien Hominid HD
Altered Beast
Anamoly War Zone
Aqua
Arkanoid Live
Assassin's Creed
Assassin’s Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Babel Rising
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Battlestations: Midway
Bayonetta
Bejeweled 2
Bejeweled 3
Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Bloodforge
Blood Knights
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Bomberman Battlefest
Boom Boom Rocket
Borderlands
Bound By Flame
Braid
Brain Challenge
Blue Dragon (requires disk)
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3

>etc
>>
>>379932653
It's because Sony gave a very anti-consumer response to backwards compatibility just a few days prior.
>>
>>379933969
sonybro shill detected. $499 for the same hardware as a $3,000 alienware PC WITH XBOX AND XBOX 360 EMULATION (impossible on PC) is a great deal!
>>
>>379934361
I've literally never heard of any of those games lol
>>
>>379934361
>Confirmed Xbox 360 Games
is even a single one of those not available on PC?
>>
litearally what games? its just gaylo
gears and forza came laters si they had no games back then as well
>>
>>379932653
Because the original xbox was a decent console that actually had some cool exclusives. Basically Dreamcast 2.
>>
>360 backwards compatible
>No Vesperia
>No Oerlord
>No Ace Combat 6
>No Katamari

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Backward_Compatibility_Game_List

There is literally NOTHING of note or exclusivity on this list, The best games that aren't LIVEarcade crap, are multiplats found on older systems, and or PS3.

What makes you tihnk "Original Xbox" will eb any different? It's going to be Halo and whatever shovelware they can purchase rights to.
>>
>>379934589
How big of a faggot can you be?
>>
>>379935241
I don't know, but Tales of Booty sounds enticing
>>
>>379934578
>Emulation

Theres that fucking word again, if you read my post and didnt deflect to the "LOL SONYSHILL" treatment (I don't even own a fucking ps4) You'd realize, NOTHING there states that this is an emulator, only "You will be able to play Xbox games" You seem to be interpereting that as an all purpose emulator that can play anything, which it wont be. Just look at 360's "All purpose emulator."
>>
I'll shit my pants if I'll be able to play BLACK at 1080p or higher.
>>
>>379932653
it was the only big surprise microsoft had
>>
>>379936198
That's how you know they're out of ideas

>you got any games back there?
>uhhh...
>fuck it, we'll just open up the xbox library
>>
Only one way I will cave in and buy an XB1:
>Make Vesperia B/C you fucking faggots so I can toss my 360 in the garbage when ir belongs
>B/C with Xbox DISCS I already own

Do those and I'm sold, and only reason is because I hate Hueg and I want a smaller console.
>>
>>379936424
yeah I just find it ironic that the main appeal right now on the newest console is the ability to play old games from an old console
>>
>>379932653
>OP traded all his shit in
>>
>>379932829
FPBP
>>
>>379933267
Probably not exclusive though. Indie games are rarely exclusive. Timed maybe.
>>
>>379933267
Man, I wish they'd rerelease that old PC Blade Runner game. That game was fucking awesome.
>>
>>379935658
does it not work in pcsx2?
>>
>>379933969
Explaining complicated stuff such as licensing on 4chan is a lost cause my man.

It will end up as PS2 classsics on the PS3 did mark my words.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.