[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk, is this game worth getting into? Is it still alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: overwatch.png (83KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
83KB, 275x275px
Real talk, is this game worth getting into? Is it still alive or is community already shrinking?
>>
>>379878632
You made it this far without getting into it. Why break the streak. Unless you want to be cool. All the cool kids play overwatch.
>>
>>379878632
I love it. I don't have much time for games, but jumping on Overwatch for 30 minutes is a blast. People love to hate shit, but the game is fun, nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>379879269
>I don't have much time for games
This ruined WoW, also ruined many other games.
>>
>>379878632
i logged into overwatch today and have 3000 less credits. does the game take away credits for leaving games?
>>
I regret buying this piece of shit so much
>>
Community is still VERY alive. Not to mention a big new update, with a new map and possibly hero soon.
It is fun. Just play Pharah and Lucio only and you will enjoy the game.
>>
>>379879701
>Community is still VERY alive.
No it isn't
>>
File: IMG_20170426_184134.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_184134.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
I won the game in a raffle the day before I left for boot camp and haven't gotten my old pc back yet.
>>
File: how to not die to Roadhog.jpg (186KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
how to not die to Roadhog.jpg
186KB, 728x1092px
It's okay, but the fact that there is no movement acceleration pisses me off, especially against those thin bitches. No wonder they made the projectile hitboxes larger again.
>>
>>379879776
Play the game and stop shitposting.
>>
>>379878632
>30 million players
>is this community still alive, guys?
>>
>>379878632
It's LoL tier but with a vocal chat
>>
>>379878632
If you didn't buy the game at release don't bother buying it now.

Game is also dead
>>
ded geam
>>
>>379880095
>muh 30 millions
activision is really desperate
>>
>>379879573
No. You sure you didn't spend your credits on things? The only thing you can lose for inactivity is SR if you're in Diamond or above.
>>
>>379878632
>Real talk, is this game worth getting into? Is it still alive or is community already shrinking?

> No
> Yes
> Does not seem so.
>>
>>379878632
>I like jumping to a game and having some cheap fun
its worth it, the gameplay is barebones but if you dont play it too often you wont get bored
>I like dedicating my time into getting skilled and becoming an amazing player
its not worth it, there is no room to improve after you play a hero for more than 15 hours.
>>
This game is heralded as a tactical, team-based game but when I play it it's just a clusterfuck.

I only ever play McCree unless I'm in a defensive position, at which point I use Mei.
>>
>>379879937
It really is though. Didn't most of the competitive scene drop this game last week? I thought I read on the OW forums that the pro scene is basically dead.
>>
>>379878632
Yeah its a good game. It has more depth than /v/ gives it though, but you have to get to the higher tiers to really see that depth.
>>
>>379878632
Don't play it unless you have friends, the community is a bunch of shrieking preteens
>>
it's a shitty game. all you do is huddle together, run into a chokepoint, use a few ults at the same time, and repeat further down the map. this may seem like i'm oversimplifying the game in order to trash it, but i'm not. that is the entire game.
>>
>>379880521
The pro scene is mainly waiting for Blizz to do their official tournament thing. Its nowhere near dead though.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>379880286
i think the person i share this account with bought that crappy zarya skin (i don't play zarya he does) because i only play quick play and he's definitely not in diamond now i'm tempted to buy loots even though i hate that business practise.
>>
Is fun but stay away from the community. Blizz is cucked by the SJWs worried about muh gays and muh race appropriation
>>
Go for it, it'll make you appreciate TF2 much more.
>>
I'm personally not fond of the way it doesn't want you to main characters as a fighting game player.

Everyone plays so differently so I approach the game like a fighting game where I want to pick a character who most complements how I would play the game. However Blizzard expects you to be able to adapt and change to the evolving structure of a match, so to me that's incongruent with what I would expect to do as a player.
>>
>>379878632
It's fun if you can get a decent group around you, but a majority of the community is dogshit.
>>
The only reasons people ask whether or not the community is shrinking is because they worry they won't be able to get into matches in a reasonable amount of time, which really isn't a concern for this game. There's always people on at every hour, and there's a large enough pool that you won't be running with/against the same people.

Also, /v/ is apparently second only to the actual fucking /r/Overwatch subreddit based on how many Overwatch threads are going on at any given time. There's what, 703 million impressions on 4chan every month? I don't know what slice of that pie /v/ is, but fuck there must be at least a million of you talking about Overwatch all the time. Look at the fucking catalog.
>>
>>379879908
>iamagreatmagician.jpg
>>
>>379881035
Thats cause your mentality isn't suited for a game like this. You're viewing it like as a 1 v 1, where as its a team based game. You need to be able to work with a team, otherwise you're not really going to win outside of the wins the game gives you.
>>
>>379880984
If only.

At least sjws would be willing to switch characters because of their need virtue signal. This shit is just pure cancer.
>>
>>379880502
How does it feel to be silver?
>>
>>379881342
Not really, Soldier, Tracer, Genji, Pharah fit into any comp and can be picked indiscriminately.
>>
>>379881164

>Look at the fucking Blizzard marketing team

ftfy
>>
I've never seen people get as assmad at a game as I have playing comp Overwatch.

Literally screaming over the mic about dying and everyone on the team being terrible, etc.

It would be hilarious if I didn't have to keep turning my speakers down because some babby wants to throw a hissyfit over a literal videogame
>>
The community alone makes it not worth playing. The game itself is pretty mediocre as well; just play something else that fully rewards growth in your own individual skill unless you're okay with playing the matchmaking lottery.
>>
>>379881514
When in doubt go with soldier, that's why they made a character that's pretty much a 1:1 to a standard fps layout.
>>
>>379881514
Not really, if you have already 2 DPS, a third or more is generally not going to work out well for you unless your team is built around it and is communicating well.
>>
>>379878632
Its great, just get it senpai. One of the most populated multiplayer games right now and its constantly getting free updates and balance patches.

Or you could listen to /v/irgins and call it shit because you cant handle how its destroyed TF2
>>
>>379878632
Yes and yes. Real talk. Obviously there's gonna be lots of people shitting on the game 'cause it's popular, but yes it's worth it.
>>
>>379881612
Real talk, very few developers/publishers would invest spending money into marketing on 4chan. It's just not a viable acquisition or retention strategy; CPM just wouldn't justify the dollars. Far better to throw your advertising budget towards known influencers with millions of subscribers rather than rely on whether or not a bunch of autistic screeching monkeys parrot interest in your game enough that MAYBE you see some traffic from it. Perhaps if people on here actually studied marketing they might pick up some useful life skills.
>>
>>379878632
Don't do it. Quick play is dead and the game revolves around being a Comp shitter. I reiterate that Competitive Overwatch is an oxymoron. It's like saying Competitive T-Ball. Just go learn to play an instrument or something instead of wasting time at this daycare of a game.
>>
PC community is pure cancer, just be aware of that. At least with consoles it's not as apparent because there's no chat and few mics.
>>
>>379881682
>I've never seen people get as assmad at a game
>Literally screaming over the mic about dying and everyone on the team being terrible, etc.
People getting mad and screaming about others being terrible at games? Everyone on /v/ should feel right at home, then.
>>
>>379881682
Did you lost the mute player button?
>>
>>379878632
It's the "I don't really play video games" video game
>>
>>379880521
Pro scene is 0.000001% of the population of any game (with some exceptions for old dead games), so who the fuck cares.
>>
File: 1491565461798.gif (142KB, 1221x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1491565461798.gif
142KB, 1221x1007px
>real talk
Kill yourself nigger.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.