[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people still buy consoles in 2017???!!??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1476401389858.jpg (19KB, 320x318px) Image search: [Google]
1476401389858.jpg
19KB, 320x318px
Why do people still buy consoles in 2017???!!??
>>
>>379876821
These threads are so very low effort but they always get replies.

Remember, newfriends, if you are only posting in a thread to call the OP a faggot remember to put "sage" in the "options" thread in your reply, that way you don't bump his silly little thread.

OP is a fag. Remember to sage.
>>
>>379877050
>assblasted consolefag
>>
>>379877050
Anti-sage bump
Keep the good work, OP.

Because they're cheaper and more practical than gaming PCs. Unlike /v/, people's lives don't revolve around a computer.
>>
>consoles will never, EVER have a higher framerate than 60
>>
>>379877407

>humans will never, EVER have eyes capable of seeing over 28fps
???

what's the point in going higher than 60?
>>
>>379877315
>people's lives don't revolve around a computer
a computer is an essential tool in everyone's life unless you're in a third world country
>>
>>379876821
Games playerbase last longer, cheaper, games work, not dominated by neckbeards....
>>
>>379876821
I really dont know, the only thing I can imagine is that they like split screen which does not appear in many pc games.

But even then you can just run something like Aster and get 2 pc's/users running from one rig. Which opens up far more to play than consoles have.
>>
>>379876821
They're comfy and I don't want to have to run Windows or spend double or triple the price of a PS4 building a PC just for the one or two modern games I play a year. Literally 99% of what I play in a given 12 month span is either on a modded PS2 or a modded PS3.
>>
>>379876821
a better userbase
>>
>>379877606
/This

How many people own both a console AND a PC. For the price of both you could have a PC capable of beating a console.
>>
>>379877606
Exactly: tools.
Even in third world countries computers are everywhere and are needed to do a lot of jobs.
But, for all of those people said computers disappear from their lives when they get out from the workplace, unlike /v/ whose live starts and ends in front of the screen.
>>
>>379878027
>How many people own both a console AND a PC
Not as many as you want to believe, especially in the age of smartphones.
Why do you think PC sales, both desktops and laptops, have been in freefall for the last five years?
>>
You can get a PS4 for £200 these days
Try building a PC that'll match it at that price.
>>
>>379876821
You want a real answer? It's because in the mind of normies, video games == consoles.

Two years ago when I was in college, I was in one of those bullshit "let's just talk about stuff" classes, and somehow the topic of Rollercoaster Tycoon came up. Almost the whole class had played it when they were kids and pretty much everybody had RCT nostalgia, but when I referred to it as a video game, someone unironically said "but anon, it can't be a video game because it's on a computer". When I asked why that matters, they said because it's a computer game. Pretty much the whole class agreed with this except for me and the one other vidya guy.

This is the kind of thinking that is going on in the minds of the majority of people buying video games, and it's a big part of why console games tend to dominate the sales charts. The fact that their PC could play a video game simply doesn't even occur to most normies.
>>
>>379879030
>normies
You need to go back.
>>
>buy 2000 dollar pc for gaymen
>buy new early access game
>get 15 frames
>>
>>379876821
because they don't invest time and effort into learning about what their highest entertainment threshold could be. They get a console because its a 1-2 step procedure plugging it in and playing.

PC isn't unified by any brands or anything so it doesn't have nearly as big of an advertising base as consoles do
>>
>>379877572

I'm a console guy and I don't really care about frames as long as they're over 20 but this is BS. I can easily tell the difference between 30 and 60.
>>
File: 1496265149470.gif (2MB, 189x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496265149470.gif
2MB, 189x392px
Because why even bother with PC "games" when Denuvo is a thing?
>>
File: 1459031880282.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1459031880282.png
2MB, 1064x983px
PC is nothing but shovelware and ports.
>>
>>379876821
I bought a PS4 Pro so I can use it as a Netflix machine
>>
>>379882410

I bought a PS4 Pro so I can use it as a Prime Video machine
>>
>>379877050
>a fucking console fag
>>
>>379876821
Low IQ
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.