[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Evil Within 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
So now that this is known to be happening, what are your hopes/expectations?

I'd like to see better performance and camera/gun control, and more varied enemies and bizarre enemy designs.

I expect none of these.
>>
>>379868932
>I'd like to see better performance and camera/gun control

But those things where the only good parts of the game.
I'd like to see better level design which actually feels like real places instead of video game levels stringed together by a lazy plot device.
Also a bit more gun variety and different ammo types for revovler and shotgun.
>>
>>379869849
I played it on the PS4 so I guess the controls and the aiming felt less responsive than if I had played it on the PC. To be honest I only played until Chapter 9, then I was in an open area with two of those chainsaw dudes and had no ammo so I uninstalled the game to clear up space.
>>
>>379870218
>playing shooters with controller

Don't do this.
>>
>>379869849
>My video games are too video gamey
I get you senpai. Lets go play a VN.
>>
more enemies and better levels at least least a quality of quantity approach for levels

I enjoyed the evil within alot and decided to replay it a few months ago
about midway through the game I realized my brain had done an amazing job of forgetting all of the slow boring levels and only remembering the good ones. there's alot of points in that game that drag.
>>
>>379868932
I hope it will be a bit easier this time
>>
>>379870642
I don't think you quite understood what I mean.
Read again and think a little about it.
>>
>>379870642
How retarded are you exactly?
>>
>>379870390
That webm is the part just before I uninstalled the game.
>>
>>379868932

Melee that isn't retardedly useless

Actual puzzles instead of segments where you have to defend an NPC solving the puzzle
>>
>>379870390

Its a tps though, garbage gameplay, they can easily be played on a controller.
>>
I expect a sequel to a game that nobody has asked for.

The first came and went with a thud.
>>
>>379869849
>I'd like to see better level design which actually feels like real places instead of video game levels stringed together by a lazy plot device.
I actually liked that, it sorta felt like a dream.
As for weapons i just hope they don't lock weapons behind collectibles. NG+ would have been a lot more interesting with the map pieces weapons. But you had to collect all those things to get the upgrades... gets boring real fast.
>>
>>379868932

Also no fucking weapons or ammo types locked behind a preorder wall for fuck's sake, it's retarded that the best arrow type in the game only exists in the preorder version
>>
>>379870960
>Its a tps though,
Switching camera position does not change the fact that it's a shooter and needs pinpoint precision which is usually compensated with bullet magnetism or auto-aim on controllers.
>>
>>379868932
Do we know if Mikami himself is the director?
>>
This is unironically the best horror (horror action) game of all time and the most underrated game this gen.
>>
>>379871251
I'm tired of this, you fags don't understand analog sticks at all. They are absolutely not lacking in precision, they're lacking in speed. One of the halo games in the master chief collection can be played with all forms of auto aim disabled and so long as you don't suck at using the sticks it's perfectly reasonable even on legendary.
>>
Must be more heavy on realism and have female protag, preferably woman of colour
>>
TEW is unironically my favorite horror game of all time
>>
Evil Within was such a messed up, broken game. You can just tell that it started as a straightforward RE4 clone and got stealth and crafting mechanics forced into it halfway through development because Last of Us became a hit. The result is a game with busted mechanics that doesn't know what it wants to do. On top of that it had the Bethesda quality control, meaning it would crash randomly and was almost unplayable on launch.

The really frustrating part is that it still had good parts, it just could have been so much more.
>>
>>379872128
>and have female protag, preferably woman of colour
Only because it makes the deaths more statisfying if its is a black woman.
>>
File: help_me.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
help_me.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>>379872128
Please stop, I just took my medication
>>
>>379868932
source?
>>
>>379869849

>I'd like to see better level design which actually feels like real places instead of video game levels stringed together by a lazy plot device.

Isn't that the point though? Whether they thought of it before or after the plot formed, it makes it pretty clear that what we're experiencing isn't truly real.
>>
>>379870390

That juke though. The cinematic black bars is probably the most frustrating thing about the game for real.
>>
>>379868932
Fuck you Mikami I want Vanquish 2 or at the very least a spiritual successor.
>>
>>379868932
>better performance

That might happen. Remember EW 1 was made on ID tech 5 which Bethesda shoved down Tango Gameworks throat. This wouldn't be so big of an issue if the engine had Japanese documentation which it did not.

Seeing how Bethesda has let Arkane use Cryengine 3 for Prey, it's likely they allowed Tango to use whatever engine they wanted to use for EW1.
>>
>>379873408
I mean EW2 goddammit.
>>
>>379868932
How was the first one? Something iconic in terms of Story etc. like Resi or Silent Hills?

I am a huge caredy cat and I still didnĀ“t played resi/sh. Should I play the first one?
>>
Did anyone actually care about Evil Within? How is it getting a sequel?
>>
>>379872957
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-the-evil-within-2-ads-are-popping-up-on-reddit
>>
>>379873585
Because bethesda can?
>>
>>379871339
Mikami announced that TEW1 was his last directorial title and made it very clear in interviews. Though he also said that THREE FUCKING TIMES BEFORE.

That said, the director is one of three people.

Ikumi Nakamura, the game's lead concept designer. She designed all of the creatures and did a lot of concept art for Bayonetta.

John Johanas, who was a level designer for the first game, and then went on to write/direct the DLC chapters as Kidman.

Shigenori Nishikawa, who was the director of MadWorld and the DLC as The Keeper.
>>
>>379873581
Did you like RE4 gameplay? Then you'll enjoy The Evil Within. Don't expect to give a shit about story, character, are the horror aspect though.
>>
>>379868932
I'd love to see it not fucking happen 'cause the first one was a piece of fucking garbage.
>>
>>379874081
What are your hopes for it?
>>
>>379868932
How about a plot that makes even the SLIGHTEST fucking sense this time.
>>
>>379875152
the gameplay was fantastic, the fuck you going on about?
>>
I want likeable characters, comprehensive plot and writing.
Remove quicktime events
>>
Make melee not complete trash or don't let me upgrade it

Also, I don't particularly think that the stealth was really that refined so maybe make it less of a thing
>>
>>379873581
Give it a go, i found it pretty decent. It's not super scary though, think RE4.
Aside from that one mansion, fuck that shit i'm too much of a pussy for being stalked.
>>
No more linear level profession bullshit. That's where survival horror goes to die. Mikami needs to dial back and realize why people liked the original Resident Evil and the REmake in the first place.
>>
>>379877071
Melee was only ever meant to be used to make them stumble back to give you space to shoot or to flee. Having it do more damage is just icing on the cake.

I'll give you the stealth complaint though.
>>
>>379877432
>IT SHOULD BE JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL RE

I want survival horror fags to leave. Evil Within is NOT a survival horror game.
>>
>>379872985
>it makes it pretty clear that what we're experiencing isn't truly real.

Removing all tension and point from the game.

There's a reason why all the beginner writing courses tell you to never use "it was all a dream" as an ending.
>>
>>379877547
>Evil Within is NOT a survival horror game

It clearly is, whether you like it or not. It's just not a very good one.
>>
>>379877547
>Evil Within is NOT a survival horror game
That's exactly why it's such fucking garbage.
>>
TEW should have had the double barrel in the game and not a pre order bonus from fuck knows. Less convoluted story (maybe im just retarded).
>>
>>379877547

>LEAVE EVIL WITHIN ALONE! IT'S NOT EVEN A SURVIVAL HORROR, I SWEAR! PLEASE!!

Well, this is a new level of pathetic apologist behavior.
>>
Also the ps4 version was UNPLAYABLE. Shit ran between 16-24fps and was an absolute mess.
>>
>>379877783
You're not retarded. Some things are outright not told to you like how Sebastian and crew were already in STEM even before Ruvik kills the cops in the hospital.

The DLC didn't help much in explaining the story, just added more questions really.
>>
>>379876581
It makes perfect sense. But the ending to the DLC is still horseshit.

>>379877783
>bought the PS3 version at launch, didn't end up getting a PS4 until last year
>Bethesda has yet to put the Flame and Poison Bolts and the Double Barrel up for sale yet
>so unless I want to shell extra money for a code or a launch copy, AND THEN BUY THE DLC ALL OVER AGAIN, I'm stuck playing the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version or even PC

asdfg
>>
Since I just started TEW, what shoul I spend my green goo on?
Also, which weapon should I prioritize?
>>
>>379871694
>you fags don't understand analog sticks at all. They are absolutely not lacking in precision, they're lacking in speed.

yeah, we're the ones who don't understand analog sticks...
>>
>>379878241
The ringing was proof they were already in STEM, correct? Since the ringing is first heard even on their way to Beacon.

I think the biggest fucking kick in the dick about that is the DLC explains AYYYY SEB AND JOSEPH WEREN'T MEANT TO BE IN THERE AND THEY'RE EXPENDABLE, ALSO SEB'S WIFE MYRA IS THE HEAD OF MOBIUS, SEE YOU IN TWO YEARS.

>>379878669
Not Melee. Use them on accuracy, critical, and how much ammo you can carry. Then use it on stamina. Only use it to give yourself more life if you're low on health.
>>
>>379878669
M A T C H E S

Matches are the most important thing in the game
>>
>>379878945

>ALSO SEB'S WIFE MYRA IS THE HEAD OF MOBIUS, SEE YOU IN TWO YEARS.

What the fuck?
>>
>>379878669
More sprint is very useful. Spend it mostly on critical, damage and ammo capacity. Don't spend any on melee attacks or bolts you don't use much.

Also some general game tips. If you use a flash bolt or throw a bottle at a haunted's head, it'll stun them allowing you to stealth kill them from the front. Also matchsticks don't work like in RE Remake. They should be used in combat and timed correctly so any enemies above/near the corpse catch fire which are easy kills.

Prioritise pistol and it's ammo capacity, it'll see you through for most of the game.
>>
>>379879161
Ok so, in the main story you learn from journal entries that Sebastian had a wife and child. His daughter dies in a fire (which is alluded to being related to Mobius), his wife, who also worked for KPD ends up going missing after getting into the case. This causes Sebastian to become a drunk.

In the DLC they explicitly show you how hard it hit Seb, when you go inside KPD. Now, while the DLC shows that Sebastian got out and Joseph is still alive (check his pulse), it also drops the bombshell that Myra, Sebastian's wife is the person in charge of Mobius. It also explains that she was willing to allow Sebastian to die to get Leslie out of Mobius.
>>
>>379870390

I was passed this until I figured that I can hold down fire to charge the shot.
>>
>>379878241
I felt like the stealth dlc had way too much story and talking to not get head spinningly boring. The other one was a bit better but still eh. I found the environments kind of bland and full of noise if that makes sense? Something that REmake and Re7 still amazingly is that a few rooms could take up a lot of time just because of all the small details and exploring you want to do. A third person like TEW just cant give you that same feeling of exploring and environments like science labs and offices are just general computer set ups copy and pasted with no immersion.
>>
File: 111111111111111.jpg (230KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111111.jpg
230KB, 1600x900px
>>379878669

Be a real nigga and just wing it buddy. The game shines when you're struggling and you're cursing every misstep.
>>
>>379880196
I hated the stealth focus of the dlc.

As for environments, I didn't mind. They made up for it with variety. I really didn't expect the range of locales you go to when I first played through it especially when it got to the city chapters which I enjoyed alot apart from the bus and turret section.
>>
>>379880392
I will never beat AKUMU and it haunts me.

The trophy for beating the game in under 5 hours can suck it too. Trying to get it whilst playing a no-upgrade run was a mistake.
>>
Really liked the first one, hope they add more SH style shit.
>>
>>379880465
city and construction sites were the best. I actually liked the game in full daylight weirdly.
>>
File: KidMan EW2.jpg (71KB, 478x683px) Image search: [Google]
KidMan EW2.jpg
71KB, 478x683px
>>379868932
>what are your hopes/expectations?
Moar Juli Kidman...give me NOW
>>
>>379880813
literally Lady from DMC3

not that I mind
>>
>>379877558
That doesn't really apply when what happens in that "dream" has real consequences
>>
>>379880392
>The game shines when you're struggling and you're cursing every misstep.
100% agree with this. The tension is a lot higher when you suddenly realized you missed or screwed up something 5 steps back and are forced to compensate and restrategize.
>>
>>379868932
I hate games that rely on handicapping the controls and obscuring vision, which is what TEW does incessantly

they should make the game scary because of the content, not because it plays like ass

Mikami had this shit in the bag for the initial couple of hours of RE4, all he's gotta do is apply similar game design for this game's sequel

fucker
>>
File: TEW_big_Tatiana_Gutierrez.jpg (201KB, 1423x1658px) Image search: [Google]
TEW_big_Tatiana_Gutierrez.jpg
201KB, 1423x1658px
>>
>>379883883
So who the hell was Tatiana anyway because some poor lady who worked at Beacon?
>>
>>379881007
>literally Lady from DMC3
except they have nothing to do with each other?

Lady is a cuhrazy professional demon killer with a tomboyish collegue student design while Kidman is some depressed cop with avarage battle capabilities.
>>
>>379881126
It hurts the gameplay experience, it doesn't feel like "ooh the levels are morphing into one another", it feels like whoops I fucked up some variables so now you get teleported to a random level. Like,the game doesn't feel like it was designer around dreamlike structure, the difficulty, enemies, intensity and tone is absolutely all over the place.
>>
>>379882240
>they should make the game scary because of the content, not because it plays like ass

never understood what was people's problem with the game's controls

It was literally RE4 just better because you could actually move sideways. The only reason I can think people found the controls difficult is because you had to use a lot of different equipment/commands and you could easily press the wrong buttons at times or couldn't switch weapons quickly enough, but it's not like that's the game's fault, it was a more complex game than RE4 and you needed more time to get used to the controls.
>>
>>379884193
Mobius agent. You can see her walk by in either the ending or the DLC ending, but her clothes and hairstyle is different and she's only seen in the background.
>>
>>379868932
I honestly didn't like this. It was basically RE4 but without any of the stuff that made RE4 good.
>>
>>379885352
What made RE4 good?
>>
>>379885138
Oh hey, that's right. Her hair was down, wasn't it?
>>
>>379885530
Midgets in castles.

Bingo.
>>
File: 190.jpg (218KB, 817x1024px) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
218KB, 817x1024px
>>379877558
>There's a reason why all the beginner writing courses tell you to never use "it was all a dream" as an ending

>what is A Nightmare on Elm Street

what you don't get if you are TRAPPED in a nightmare like state where the consequences are real then there is literally no difference than if bad things happened to you IRL, because you can't wake up, you can't escape the torture or death.

>>379884930
>It hurts the gameplay experience
yeah, if you are a casual who wants the story to be showed down your throat. The "clusterfuck" story and artstyle was part of the game's design and if you actually put things together it made the story way more satisfying, otherwise if you actually gave a shit it had a completely understandable and good story and "universe".
>>
>>379885612
It's been a very long time but yeah, pretty sure she's wearing her hair down and a suit. I think she actually stops walking and looks at Kidman for a moment, that's the only reason why I figured out she was Tatiana.
>>
>>379880652
I beat AKUMU. Outside of that stupid burning building in Chapter 6, it's doable. Frustrating but doable.
>>
>>379886814
What changes on Akumu?
>>
>>379884998
fuck off

it had wobbly asf controls, low FOV because with the player-model taking up most of the screen, slow and clunky movement animations, and I'm not even talking about the fake black bars and the capped 30fps which plagued the game like a year before they finally decided to patch those out

nothing about that cunt controlled smoothly.

as a comparison, see the Dead Space games as an example where the player-character has solid controls, but also feels appropriately capped in his abilities
>>
>>379886814
Chapter 10 is always an endurance run for me.

Especially the...
>Trauma
>Two Trauma
>LOL LAURA FIGHT
>Oh hey, hope you're not out of ammo, because here's Amalgam
>>
>>379887004
>one hit deaths from everything
>bear traps everywhere, explosive trap disarm windows nearly non existent
>more enemies with weapons in the early game
I think there are more enemies in general but I can't remember. If you double up the AKUMU run with finding all the locker keys it makes things quite a bit easier
>>
File: j.webm (729KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
j.webm
729KB, 960x540px
>>
I expect more of Rubin's gruff and sexy voice while he blogs about murdering people.
>>
>>379868932
Definitely would want to see more varied, bizarre enemies and stuff.
I'd like to see a focus on more long-term exploration and survival.
I liked the over the top surreal structure of the first, but I felt like it changed shit way too frequently. Right as I was getting really interested in an area, wanted to explore it more, it would bring me to some totally different place.
>>
>>379887064
>black bars
that's a right complaint

>it had wobbly asf controls,slow and clunky movement animations
now you fuck off. The controls played exactly like RE4 just better, which were also a bit "slow" but this shit is part of the survival horror genre. Didn't played DS much but the game definitely didn't had any controls you couldn't get used to under 30 mins.
>>
>>379887064
>fake black bars and the capped 30fps which plagued the game like a year before they finally decided to patch those out
how long were those actually there? i feel sort of lucky that i never experienced them because i got the game after the patch. i feel like that would sort of fuck up my first impression of the game
also i personally never found a problem with the controls. i might want to try directly comparing it to dead space though and see if i prefer dead space's...
>>
>>379873581
Made me nauseous. Heavy head bob, weird FOV, stuttering, etc made for a pretty bad experience.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.