[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times /v/ was wrong (which is most of the time)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: diablo-3-reaper-1200x675.jpg (54KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3-reaper-1200x675.jpg
54KB, 960x539px
>/v/ says Diablo 3 is a completely shit game with no redeeming features
>the gf buys it for me and wants me to play with her
>we just finished act 1
>it's actually really fun
>>
>Times /v/ was wrong
You first.
>>
>>379866971
>leveling
if you want to enjoy the game only for 5 hours, that's fine by me
diablo 3 has no engaging endgame or ladder scene
>>
>>379867185
no ARPG has engaging end game or ladder scene dont fucking lie bitch
>>
>>379866971
If you're playing it right now, the game is fine and /v/ knows it is.

The problem was that the game was an awful, unplayable piece of garbage on release. The expansion did a pretty good job of making it fun.
>>
>>379866971
If you're talking about D3 post RoS then you're basically talking about a different game.

D3 launch was a complete piece of shit.
>>
That's fine and all but please post my waifu Li-Ming.
>>
>>379867298
so Diablo 3 isn't good then?
glad we can agree on that
>>
File: 1486391719260.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1486391719260.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
I'm sure you would find Diablo 3 fun, if you didn't play 1 and 2 prior.
>>
You won't die, I played on the hardest difficulty available when you first play and I didn't die once this game is disgustingly ez and the file is really big for what you're playing
>>
>>379866971
what a gay post

that said the game isn't "bad" in itself, it just didn't meet the expectations of the core fanbase since its pretty shallow and a lot of people like digging deep into a games mechanics and customization options. Afaik this one doesn't hold any water to the alternatives, but the gameplay itself feels really good and flows very well, so its at least worth playing through once
>>
It's honestly not a bad game. It's just worse in every way than D2, save for maybe graphics.
>>
>>379867298
>no ARPG has engaging end game
This. The endgame is always going to be repetitive shit, there's only so much content.

Ladders are just a dumb incentive for replaying the game over and over.
>>
>>379867554

It gets boring really fast. I also fucking hate that it removed the use weapons and added these shitty resource generators. I want to smack shit with my weapons for fucks sake. It just looks weird for my monk to never use his big ass sword.
>>
>>379866971
I liked D3 too and I also played it with my ex. She always liked watching me play video games but she was kind of an autist with shit reflexes and could never get into console shit herself. D3 was manageable for her and she loved it. I guess you could say that that in and of itself is a sign that it's a bad game, but whatever, it was good times. Witch Doctor best class.
>>
>>379867359
>The problem was that the game was an awful, unplayable piece of garbage on release.

I think this is subjective. I had quite a comfy time on my Blizzard/Hydra Wizard farming up yellow items to sell to retards on the RMAH. Get a piece of shit yellow staff that has 1k DPS? That's 50 bucks right there, easy. I built myself a brand new PC before they took it down.

After it went away though I lost all drive to play.
>>
File: 1442302584117.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442302584117.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>379866971
>>/v/ says Diablo 3 is a completely shit game with no redeeming features
it is.
>>the gf buys it for me and wants me to play with her
not vidya.
>>we just finished act 1
twitter.com
>>it's actually really fun
you're actually a cuck
>>
>>379866971
>Makes a thread about times /v/ is wrong
>It's actually a thread about how OP is a faggot once again
Woah.
>>
Only APRG that has actually good gameplay. Graphics are still shit but can be sort of salvaged, and story is lmao.
>>
>>379868330

This is the truth. Get mad PoEcucks
>>
>>379866971
It's definitely a fun game. The problem is that the fun doesn't last because everything is RNG grinding and there is a huge hurdle between T2 and T4 that needs either incredible luck or massive grinding. This wall is for your first character only because a higher torment character can farm for materials for a new character at a much faster rate but the wall is used again and again because of seasonal play which is the focus of the game right now.

PoE is an objectively better ARPG from a mechanical point of view.

Still excited for necro though, even if the top level play is mindless.
>>
for me d3 is no longer enjoyable because legs and sets are really easy to obtain, build diversity could use improvement, and blizz is barely supporting the game now.
>>
>>379868330

PoE atmosphere is great, but holy shit I just cant stand the character models after coming from Diablo 3. I think Grimdawn had better models. Monsters are fine though
>>
>>379866971
Diablo 3 is a dead game

only 37 people world wide playing it right now
>>
File: IMG_9521.jpg (95KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9521.jpg
95KB, 1024x576px
>binged hard on D3 with a barb, gave up at rift 50 solo
>binged harder in PoE with a marauder, got bored shortly after reaching maps
>got Grim Dawn going as a soldier but got burnt out on arpgs together
>trying D2 with a zeal pally but gave up at act 2

These aren't for me.

I'll give PoE another shot when it's updated but its character animations are gay, shit, and moreso retarded at high move speeds.
>>
>>379868612

I hear only 3 people are maintaining the game right now. Talk about abandoned.

Bliz should just make the game offline so that people can mod it.
>>
>>379868743

Same. Playing Marvel Heroes at the moment. The thing with ARPGs is when you hit that moment where youre pretty much exploding everything around you, the game quickly becomes boring.
>>
>>379866971
You're currently playing the fourth version of Diablo 3. First was release D3, second was latest major patch D3, third was release RoS and the fourth/current version is latest patch RoS. They all have significantly different secondary mechanics.
/v/ is/was right about both versions of vanilla D3. RoS release I'm not really sure about and RoS current version I can't tell.
>>
>>379868639
Grim Dawn was nice enough to not make me fall asleep, but holy shit the engine handles large number of enemies badly. That's another thing D3 does well, fuckhuge hordes of enemies and particles and still runs on a toaster at max settings.
>>
>>379866971
Let me give you a resume
>until level cap it's training wheels, nothing you do matters
>after that you grind the same maps indefinitely to get item sets that we picked by the developers for you
>after that you grind on the same maps for ancient legendaries
>after that you grind on the same maps legendary gems upgrades
>level scaling ALL the way through you will never feel more or less powerful
>monsters fight the same, it's all a gear check
>story is so bad it's laughable the main core of the game is adventure mode
>bounties are repetitive unoptimized shit
>item sets bottleneck all possible builds behing handpicked ones by the developers
>itemization is still shit because you're relying on picking a specific item to complete your build instead of items with good stats
You have no idea what you are talking about OP.
>>
>>379866971
Took them only 4 years to ""fix"" :^)
>>
>>379869063
>reeee I want the game to force me to make a new character if I want to try a different build
This is how retarded you are. Stopped reading there.
>>
>>379869031
I can't stand the arstyle and the skill mechanics.
I wish it was closer to d2.
>>
>>379866971
I always wanted to get in to Diablo and you just convinced me. If I get this game for the 360, can I play it offline??
>>
Gentlemen, how do we revolutionize the ARPG genre?
>>
>>379866971
Yeah, it was shit. Now it's okay after a few years. Took them a while to get rid of the stupid pay2win shit from the auction house.
>>
>>379869427

Yes. It has offline mode for consoles. Beware of you picking up items dropped by players when you go online though. It could corrupt your save.
>>
File: 1483825061171.jpg (61KB, 501x434px) Image search: [Google]
1483825061171.jpg
61KB, 501x434px
>>379869215
I talked with a lot of retarded people today, but you get the prize of the most retarded reply. You didn't even read what I wrote.
>>
>>379866971
>gf
all i've learned is that you're an embarrassing normalfag casual with shit taste, not that /v/ was wrong about anything.
>>
>>379868330
Grim Dawn
>>
>>379868671
When Necromancer drops I think a lot of people will come back.
>>
>>379869729

I'm waiting for NM.
>>
>>379869729
Depends on the price tag
Depends on what content they put on the game
Atm it's still lacking content, even more than many F2P games.
>>
>>379869675
this

>>379869729
>7 skeletons
lol
>>
>>379866971
It was shit though. They fixed it with the crusader expansion. Its pretty good now.
>>
>>379866971
>Judging an arpg game with 3 hour gameplay
>>
>>379868671
That isn't even remotely close but there is a noticeable problem with how you find groups now.

Players are divided by difficulty and type of play (bounties, Nef rift, grift etc.) So a person who is looking for T2 Nef rift grinding will not be allowed to play with T2 players who were doing bounties but would probably do a rift or T4 players who are doing nef rifts.

If they really cared about keeping the game alive they would introduce subjective scaling so a brand new 70 can get put in with a paragon 500+ player and they are both roughly on par when together because mob damage and health is based on the players stats.

The P500 player still gets better drops and their leaderboard positions are vastly superior to the fresh 70 but when together they can both contribute.
>>
>>379870430

Yeah. This is why even people who should be playing at T7 are still stuck at T4 because thats where most players go.

That said, my party runs in D3 were all pretty fun to say the least. Especially if one of you makes a mistake that almost leads to a party wipe out.
>>
>>379870154
Not really. The expansion felt just as tacked on as it did in diablo II. Once again its "Now that you've defeated diablo again, here is this other slightly more powerful motherfucker who also wants to take over the world, but we've only decided to bring him up now."

How about an expansion where we finish off diablo in a more permanent sense so he stops fucking coming back.
>>
>>379869536
Thank you. I keep my 360 for fishing trips where there's no internet but I need something to do at low tide
>>
Diablo 3 is a great game. The only ones who decry it are those who are salty it wasn't literally D2 HD.

>Endless Baal runs are just better than endless rift runs! You D3 babies could never understand!
>>
>>379869704
more like Grim Yawn
>>
File: 1496289346398.jpg (32KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
1496289346398.jpg
32KB, 244x295px
>>379867185
>>379867298
btfo lmao. It's true arpg's don't fucking have endgame. I turned on poe stream for the beta and it's literally the same thing at launch, spam one skill that rapes everything. Same thing for Diablo.

Reminder Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies. casuals don't care about endgame, POE is so boring that 80% of the players didn't even finish act 3
>>
>>379870746
I just started this season and I am trying a crusader but all specs that use haedrigs gift are thorn barrage specs. I am missing the belt and the shield to make the spec viable before finishing chapter 4 and getting the 6 set which skyrockets my damage. Basically at 4 set with thorns damage on everything else i get packs down to 1/3 health instead of killing them outright on G20 so I waste a lot of time sweeping up at the end. My closest time was 40 seconds over.

Worst thing is I had two maces drop but there is a bullshit rule for set conversion so that it doesn't work on items with only two pieces.
>>
I gave it an opportunity after dropping it in act 2, five fucking years ago, and holy shit, it's worse in each act after that. And defeating Diablo is the most antihype shit ever
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.