[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GTA IV>>>>>>>>>>GTA V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (607KB, 1044x1302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
607KB, 1044x1302px
>GTA IV>>>>>>>>>>GTA V
>>
GTA SA>>>>>>>>>>GTA IV
>>
>>379864693
GTA V feels just like they took IV, chopped bits off of it and streamlined it.

For one thing, driving cars in V isn't fun or challenging, things don't have the feel of weight.
>>
GTA 5 feels like GTA 4 for underages
>>
San Andreas > GTA V >>> GTA IV

Sorry, I like my GTA games to have actual customization and map variety.

San Andreas
>fly warplanes, jets and attack helicopters
>drive literal tanks
>customize cars (fenders, bumpers, spoilers, exhaust, etc)
>bicycles
>use crazy weapons like chainguns, flamethrowers and dildos
>get haircuts
>cities, deserts, wildernesss, backwoods, secret military base, etc

V
>fly warplanes, jets and attack helicopters
>drive literal tanks
>customize cars (fenders, bumpers, spoilers, exhaust, etc)
>bicycles
>get haircuts
>big city, desert, mountains, backwoods, secret military base

IV
>can't fly any planes
>can fly two aircraft with weapons
>can't customize cars at all (just hope you get the paintjob you want and PnS)
>can buy generic clothes from three shops
>no bicycles
>no haircuts
>no crazy weapons
>generic industrial map with highrises
>no map variety
>>
I think GTA IV and V were both great in their own ways and bad in their own ways. Its the case with almost every GTA game. I don't like Vice City, but I get why people like it. Why can't we just, like the games.
>>
>>379864693
yea
>>
GTA V was so easy, probably the easiest GTA if you don't include IV DLCs.

STOP MAKING EASY GAMES IT MAKES ME ANGEY
>>
Man you guys don't know how much I miss pushing people into on coming trains, or down stairs. It felt so satisfying. I can't even remember the last time I booted up GTA V.
>>
>>379867392
GTA V's ending was so fucking lackluster compared to GTA IV's.... the final mission in GTA 5 is LITERALLY the hitman missions you had to do in GTA 4 (Go to the payphone and receive your target).

"Woo! this last target is gonna be pushed off a cliff in the trunk of a car! EBIC!" what a crock of shit....
>>
GTA IV multiplayer was way more fun. It was the embodiment of 'less is more'. Just 16 people on the map with no organised activities so you had to make your own fun.
>>
>>379867254
Maybe you're just really good at video games anon :^)
>>
>>379866851
It's the simple fact that when people have a preference of one thing over another, they act like their thing is superior to another. So, so many people just HAVE to bring up and shit on GTA V whenever they boast about how great IV is that I think it's more of shitting on V than loving IV.
>>
GTA IV sucked ass compared to San Andreas. It was like a barebones world with nothing but bowling minigames and 40 less missions than SA.
>>
>>379867704
>it's a bring a random character back from one mission because he was an asshole during said mission and kill him episode

Stretch just felt like cut content and I'm suprised they even had that Tanisha bitch crackhead tow truck girl, Lamar, and from that random email appear towards the end of the game. They had to have cut Franklin's story before he meets Michael.
>>
I disagree, but i respect your opinion.
>>
>>379868449
Preposterous
>>
>>379865059
Fuck off - the handling of cars in IV was shit and you know it.
>>
>>379864693
said no one ever
>>
I wish they would release a version of IV where the story plays out in chronological order with EFLC. Like how when you kill the biker as Niko in his story then it transitions to Johnny with Billy starting the war with AoD.
>>
>>379868334
Franklin is supposed to basically be the blank slate character of the 3 guys which makes him the most boring one that never really pisses off anyone at all.
>>
>>379869147
...which was ruined by giving him a voice, which is what made the blank slate character Claude work 12 years prior.
>>
Absolutely Yes
>>
Aside from the driving physics IV felt better to me gameplay wise. In an attempt to polish what they had made going from IV to V it felt like they cheapened a lot of the mechanics. The story in IV was trash though as was the post game because there wasnt anything there. Overall V is better.
>>
IMO:

SA
>full of LOLSORANDUM
>but has so much content that you really don't care
>missions are really varied and there is a shitton of missions to do.

IV
>worthy successor to III, The setting is just great.
>combat is really fun, the new physics could carried the game alone
>less missions, but I feel the missions were better quality
>the 2 expacs were really great.

V
>graphics didn't feel like a real advance, they look better on some places, but worse on other.
>physics all fucked up for no reason, makes combat and driving very dull.
>even though you control 3 characters, the game feel railroaded as hell.
>the only cool missions were the heists, but there are only a few, everything else feels like those DBZ filler episodes.

SA and IV have different strengths, V is just a huge wasted potencial, I blame consoles since the game feel like a beta version of IV
>>
>>379864693
Sorry but GTA IV still runs like complete ass on PC.
>>
>>379864693
the driving was shit
>>
>>379870028
you're shit
>>
>>379870001
The only problem I ever had with it was Games for Windows live, or whatever the fuck you call it. It was a hassle to start, but after that in ran smooth as fuck on my laptop. But Windows Live was such a hassle to do I never played it again on pc. You honestly best of pirating it, so you dont have to deal with DRM.
>>
>>379866851
the best part about Vice City were all the different money earning side missions you could do

>ambulance
>cab
>police
>pizza
>bus
>firetruck

you could actually work for a living in Vice City, which made the game actually feel like a real life game
>>
>>379870345
A huge problem was that the in game memory would lock itself at 100mb and the whole world wouldn't load, plus the new problem jumping through loads of hoops to bypass GFWL if you are on W10.
t. windows 10 user
>>
>>379864693
>GTA IV>anything
Objectively false
>>
>>379865059
This post feels just like some kid who played GTA IV as his first GTA and thought that's what it was supposed to be like: shit.
>>
>>379864693
Correct.
>>
>>379870516
Yes, I wish GTA IV was like this. V isn't even the same either, they should have looked back on side missions.
>>
Dude shitty driving mechanics and a grey boring world lmao
>>
>>379871118
>waaah why can't I take a 90 deg turn at 50mph in a 4 ton barge
>>
>>379866660
Definitely agree about customization, but the story evolution and characters in V are way weaker than IV's.
>>
File: parking shootout.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
parking shootout.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379864693
But that's just flat out wrong your gremlin.
>>
>>379865059
Driving cars in V is very fun, and it shouldn't be challenging. In real life, cars don't handle like they do in IV, so how is that more "fun"?
>>
>>379868334
Definitely agree, they should have set up Franklin for the entire first act doing ghetto shit and kept Michael on the sidelines as a mysterious mob boss/contact/father figure for Franklin for as long as possible until Trevor shows up.
>>
>>379868840
No it fucking wasn't V cars handled like shit
>>
>>379868840
Just master the handbrake and you'll appreciate it much more.
>>
>>379865059
Bigger map, more vehicles, more guns, more side-activities, more mission variate.

But because they changed the vehicle driving mechanics they "streamlined". People like you are cancer.
>>
Are San Andreas and Vice City still worth playing if you never played them?
>>
>>379867254
>playing gta for difficultly
what the fuck?
>>
>>379870028
The driving is my favourite part desu.
>>
Is this a meme or is it just another franchise affected by the Zelda Effect? Now it's undeniable that IV does some things better, most notably DLC, gun effects, and a more believable, lived-in world. However, it also has a boring as fuck map, was a disgusting brown and grey eye rape, had no storage for cars (I don't count parking spaces), some of the worst driving in gaming history, small as fuck weapon selection, no weapon customization, half-assed friendship mechanic, and toll booths.
>>
>>379872728
What setttings?
>>
iv is worse than v in every aspect expect for plot elements
>>
File: 1371867577275.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1371867577275.gif
3MB, 400x300px
to be honest I miss the sense of progression that III, VC and SA had.

You'd romp around in a part of the map, getting to know the local gangs, cars, streets and characters and then you'd move to a new part and essentially the game would start anew since you had a new area to get familiar with and so on...

In GTAIV they still had the city sectioned off but the Jersey part was total shit and there were no real gangs. even the mobsters were just some second-hand guys and you never dealt with the top brass

and in V it's even worse in that regard. the main story is diluted between three characters, no gangs whatsoever (just singular pricks) and the map is all there to explore but it just comes off feeling bland that way
>>
People are complaining that IV has less content but it's actually streamlined in a better way. In comparison SA had a lot of unnecessary garbage like the stat system and a lot of dumb, gimmicky missions. IV is a much more focused game than SA or V. I guess it takes a certain mood to appreciate. I like how it doesn't have random shit in the missions like parachuting or scuba diving, it's mostly just shooting guys.
>>
>>379867254
Every GTA game is piss easy. At most they have one bullshit missions that's more poorly designed than it is genuinely difficult (Train in SA, RC Helicopter in VC)
>>
If IV had more meaningful interiors it would be a god tier world. I still think it's one of the most fascinating, detailed over worlds gaming has ever seen, every block just seems so curated. Would be perfect for some kind of dating or life sim. I loved just walking around and absorbing it in, but it wasn't tied in with the gameplay much at all.
>>
>>379873061
Find out yourself
>>
>>379873868

GTA V would be amazing if there was a medium-sized city up on the north part of the island.

Instead effectively everything north of Trevor's house is useless.
And the pacific highway just loops around on itself.
>>
File: 1483165577333.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483165577333.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Why do we never talk about Chinatown Wars /v/? Why do we never talk about Scarface The World is Yours?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.