[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Risen games any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Risen-3-Patty.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Risen-3-Patty.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
Are the Risen games any good?
>>
>>379862584
I enjoyed them. If you played all of the gothic games, this is the closest you've come in terms of gameplay. Quality-wise it is as far from gothic as possible, obviously.

I personally enjoyed all of them. Risen 1 is the best.
>>
>>379863040

So would you say the whole Risen franchise to be worth $10?
>>
>>379863263
Totally. I will guarantee, that you will have fun with it.
>>
>>379863347

Alright then. Was really hoping for a new timekiller and I liked the first two Gothic games so I figured I might as well give this one a try.
>>
>>379863497
Don't expect Gothic and you will have a good time.

Go in thinking this is a gothic sequel and you will be utterly disappointed.

Have fun, Anon.
>>
>>379863263
Not the guy you responded to but.
Risen 1 alone I found worth that money. It really felt like another Gothic game and has some parallels to it (enemy times, fighting system). Would play it again. The 2nd one is TOTALLY different and pretty bad really, sometimes it has its charm though. Risen 3, havent played it yet.
>>
Risen 1 is like Gothic 2 except that most of the content is in the first half. The second one is more empty.

Risen 2 did a few things different. It's the worst Risen game but overall still enjoyable. Mainly because the world kinda suffers from it being divided into multiple islands which kills the Gothic-feel in terms of exploration.

Risen 3 still has islands but managed to do it better than Risen 2. And the game is less of a pirate adventure and overall feels more Risen1/Gothic again.
>>
>>379862584
MOMMY
>>
>>379862584
Those boobs are a blessing.
>>
>>379862584
Not really.

/thread
>>
>>379862584
Risen 1 is the best for me. It's similar to Gothic.
>>
So Risen and Gothic are some Europeans thing?
Where should I start, and what's the best game of these?
>>
>>379865382
It's from Germany.
Buy the Gothic Universe Edition on steam and play it in chronological order, first Gothic, then, if you enjoyed it, try Risen.
If you're interested in Gothic 3 (which is far worse than its predecessors) make sure to install the community patch and stay the fuck away from the expansion pack (which is NOT included in the universe edition, and that's a blessing).

Gothic 1&2 are almost equally good and the greates RPGs ever made
>>
>>379865840
Ok, will do.
>>
File: 1496598667510.jpg (36KB, 660x474px) Image search: [Google]
1496598667510.jpg
36KB, 660x474px
>>379865840
>gothic 1 and 2 are the best rpgs ever made

Kys you stupid nazi.
>>
>different MC for risen 3
I'm still mad
>>
>>379862584

>Risen 1
Good game, feels a lot like the Gothic titles. Unbelievably difficult and unfair especially in it's combat. Has a gorgeous world despite not being that big and has one of the worst endings in gaming history. Wonderful dungeon design.

>Risen 2
Goes 100% pirate theme, great jungles, basically 0 dungeons, odd yet alright story, combat isn't as brutal as 1 but is still quite unfair. Overall an ok game if you don't mind the pirate theme.

>Risen 3
Looks pretty but has major issues. World design has great ideas but crams them into tiny islands so everything feels squished, combat is way easier and becomes a joke lategame. Story makes abso fucking lutely no sense.

Personally i had fun running through all 3 but each game has it's own ups and downs.
>>
>>379865026
>/threading yourself
How pathetic :^)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.