[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do yuo think of this guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 52

File: Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
what do yuo think of this guy
>>
Disappointingly simple fight.

Okay i guess / 10
>>
pure, unadultered kino.
>find yourself fighting him for no reason, just to survive
>summons himself, how about that
>cape physics
>lighting stage hazard
>>
>>379859504

I haven't gotten to any of the DLC, is it really worth slogging through the early game to get him?
>>
He would have been better as a character in the base game that operated in a manner like Solaire, helping you at certain parts and joining you in being the lowest of the low undead garbage and being a nobody
then with the first DLC they could have made it so that he discovered evidence of the painted world from the Grand Archives, setting up Ariandel
then The Ringed City plotline proceeds as normal
This would stop the general playerbase reaction of "Wait, who even is this guy" aside from red riding hood that sticks you in the painted world

I'd also have preferred his fight to progress as bestial warrior > bestial warrior with the dark soul bleeding out of him > proud, upright warrior just fighting you with all his tools instead of the dark soul, but that's mostly because I'm a massive Ludwig fanboy
>>
>>379860610
the cutscene where he sees the blood of the dark soul then steps his game up was very ludwig
>>
File: Old_Knight.png (464KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Knight.png
464KB, 598x369px
He's a literal nobody outside the first DLC and Iudex Gundyr is just about the only boss I can think of who is easier.
>>
Santa Clause walking past a hot girl so he puffs his chest up and walks straight/10
>>
>>379859504
>a fight with a guy who is basically the dark soul

was pretty rad, could have done without the Artorias nod though.
>>
>>379860970
I know, but I think it would have been better as the transition to the final phase. Going from a mad beast spewing the curse of the dark soul everywhere and flailing wildly to having a moment of realisation that he had fully imbibed the dark soul, standing up, and then fighting you as a warrior with just his summon tools like the crossbow/soapstone/WoW corona. Ending the soul series with two undead at the end at the world, long past the point where anyone would care, but both fighting on equal terms and as proud warriors.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for cliches. It doesn't help his second phase is the coolest and has the best music of the entire game, the looping of chorus really drives home the feeling of the end of dark souls.
>>
>>379861005
>He's a literal nobody

And so is the Ashern One. You're both literally who's that worked your way up to Lord of Cinder and Harborer of the Dark Soul, it was fucking cool.
>>
I like From's flashy presentation-heavy fights.
>>
File: 1492621334650.png (448KB, 650x665px) Image search: [Google]
1492621334650.png
448KB, 650x665px
>>379859504
Really liked the fight and his boss arena. But I wish there were more interactions with him throughout the DLCs. You only actually talk to him prior to entering the Painted World of Ariandel, and he doesn't say much.
>>
I wish the blood of the dark soul was an item similar to the kos parasite/beast claws with the runes. You should have been able to use some neat abyss magic with it or something, it could have been really cool
>>
>>379862009
That BSB is really cute anon
>>
I liked it because it reminded me of Chosen Undead vs Artorias. The music beats everything in the entire series as well.

Would've been cool if there was a transition into chosen undead vs artorias at the 3rd phase. Similar to the MGS4 fight with Ocelot.
>>
>>379862009
Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne were really good for introducing bosses that had either base game or DLC buildup, like Artorias/Manus/Laurence/Ludwig/Orphan. They dropped the ball with Gael though, does he even turn up at all through the city part of TRC?
>>
>>379862601
He leaves messages for you throughout TRC, telling you it's safe to fall. I guess his boss fight was meant as a surprise, if he appeared as an NPC it would be obvious he would be a boss
>>
>>379862601

I think you can find part of his cloak guiding you to a certain part of ringed city like he did in the dreg heap

but yeah that's about it. I'm not really sure what he even did in the city, did he waltz up to Filianore and punch the egg thing?
>>
>>379859504
Hand it over
>>
>>379859504
fun fight
>>
>>379859504
He helped a half man half Primordial Serpent paint a powerful, probably THE most powerful Painted World ever created: Yharnam,
with the dark blood, collected from his corpse by the Ashen One.
>>
>>379862601
>does he even turn up at all through the city part of TRC?
He doesn't. He only leaves those gesture messages throughout Dreg Heap to tell you where to fall and can be summoned for the 2bat boss.
>>
Favorite boss in the entire franchise from a gameplay standpoint. Dark Souls 3 is still like eugh though.
>>
>>379861560
So since your character is a nobody, it's okay that the last boss of the entire series is a nobody. Not anyone of actual importance or substance.

I don't really even know what to say if you sit there and say that a literal nobody is a great idea for the last boss of the series.
>>
>>379863310
>best bosses in the series
>no bonfire aescetics

what the H*CK where they thinking
>>
>>379862797
I suppose it works as a surprise but it's a bit underwhelming after the build up of the DLC.
>>379862830
His Executioner Blade is nearly broken from usage, with the item description saying it's the only thing he kept from beginning to end, and the Repeating Crossbow's description says it's brittle from age and was custom-made so Gael could fight mobs by himself.
This doesn't really explain anything about what Gael did though. Did he kill everyone in The Ringed City, or the entire world? Was he waiting thousands of years by that point? Why couldn't he just enter the Ringed City like you did, why did he have to wait for you to break the illusion trapping the city in time? I honest to God think he was meant to have more of a questline that got scrapped for time constraints since it's so open ended and unexplained about what happened to him between the breaking of Filianore's transposing kiln and meeting him among the ashen world.
>>
>>379863440
this. why the fuck dont all the games have the option to replay bosses without summons or souls gain.
>>
A duel between two simple undeads high on their dark souls was a perfect way to end the franchise if you ask me. It doesn't even matter who the guy really is (though his motivation is among the most noble ones in series as he gladly trades his life for a chance to another world to be born, free from the cycle), you're fighting against an embodiment of Dark Soul at the end of time and that's what makes the fight so impactful. His moveset is extremely cool too, especially white sign self-teleport and spinny combos from the last stage of the fight with crossbow shots incorporated into them.

I'd say thematically he was a better boss to end the game than Orphan in TOH.
>>
>>379860970
>music doesn't even transition
>>379861560
Woah dude he's a player analogue.....holy shit, wow it's absolute perfection I mean he's an analogue for the player! Jesus Christ never mind that he shows up only in the dlc and his role is fanfic-tier, he's a player analogue! God it fucking makes me think
>>
>>379862908
that thing
>>
>In base game you fight Gwyn
>In Ashes you fight an Ashen One
>In Ringed you fight an Undead

Pottery
>>
>>379863654
your Ocelotte
>>
>>379863616
You're pathetic.
>>
>Final boss is literally War from the Darksiders franchise
What did Miyazaki mean by this?
>>
he is the best boss in the series

also

DS3 > DS1 >>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS >>>>>>>BB
>>
>>379863121
>Yharnam
Shut the fuck up with shit
>>
File: tumblr_oo15agruow1unxlj8o2_500.gif (2MB, 500x194px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo15agruow1unxlj8o2_500.gif
2MB, 500x194px
>>379863750
You fight an undead who has consumed dark souls. It's a good send off to the series Imo
>>
>>379863891
And a nice Dark Soul to you, my man
>>
>>379863915
>h-hurting muh make believe fan-fic theory
>p-pa-pppa-pathetic
>>
>"Gael knew he was no Champion"
>steamrolls through the ringed city and reaches the end of the world before the actual champion with zero effort.
>>
File: 1496440381683.png (375KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496440381683.png
375KB, 700x700px
>>379863982
>DS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS >>>>>>>BB
>>
>>379859504
>guy is introduced in the second to last DLC
>somehow becomes the final boss
idk, I get the idea that it's just two literally-whos that survive to the end of time instead of the gods and shit, but it still felt like he came out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1496280172604.jpg (259KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496280172604.jpg
259KB, 1600x1200px
>>379860610
>Wait, who even is this guy"

That applies to like 90% of the bosses in DS3
>>
>>379863420
>last boss of the series
Doubtful this is the last in the series. Miyazaki said he was taking a break from Dark Souls, he didn't say it was the end. Also why do you faggots need closure on a series well known for never giving ?
>>
>>379864007
>Shut the fuck up with shit

Freedom of Expression.
>>
>>379864172
The final boss is Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>379864134
Gael didn't steamrolls through everything, it probably took him multiple tries. His defining trait is his determination to break the cycle.By the time he kills everything the world has already turned to dust
>>
>>379864271
what about my freedom to do this *shoves dick in your throat*
>>
>>379864143
prove me wong
>>
>>379859504
Good fight, aesthetics were on point.
I don't care enough about the lore faggotry to comment on that.
>>
>>379859504
First half should have been a regular, person-sized PvP encounter, with the second half being when he roids up. Also the DLC covenant should have been for the Gael fight not some gay church choir boys, with the requirement being you have to have been defeated by Gael once. The implication being he succed your dark soul and you become his eternal buttbuddy. If you decide to summon for this final fight, then Gael gets to summon for the second half of the fight depending on how many phantoms you have with you.
>>
File: gokarts.webm (984KB, 580x354px) Image search: [Google]
gokarts.webm
984KB, 580x354px
>>379859504
What do yuo think about this?
>>
>>379864235
Pontiff, Aldritch and Lothric Princes have some of the best lore build ups to their actual fights in the entire series
>>
>>379864613
shitty game
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>379859504
I liked him cause he was pretty much the same as you only the oldest being alive. Also his theme is god tier.
>>
can we all talk about underutilised the Dreg Heap was
>>
>>379864632
Lothric and Aldrich sure, Pontiff not even close
You have to dig really deep to until Pontiff goes out of Literally Who status
>>
>>379859504
Favorite boss in the series only rivaling Orphan. Best way to send off the series too.
>>
>>379861560
It had zero substance
>>
>>379865014
you don't have to dig that deep and he quickly blows into being the greatest souls villain across the entire series
>>
boring trite for a boring dlc in a boring game
dark souls 3 is all flash and zero substance
>>
>>379864632
>the best lore build ups to their actual fights in the entire series

what is nito / artorias / manus / seath
>>
>>379861560
>it's two literally who's and therefore it's cool
No. I get the theme, but they could have picked literally anyone and they chose a faggot that was introduced in DLC

Feels like they had no idea how to end it so they went with something completely new.
>>
he's the culmination and release of five games worth of berserk references
>>
>>379859504
Hilariously flashy and visually amazing, but mechanically hes a complete rehash of both Maria and Abyss Watchers
>muh double hit delay hits on every attack lmao
Marias fight did it better and had way more variety. Gael is great for the visuals alone but so ridiculously simple when it comes to actually fighting him.

Lore wise a massive disappointment and a complete deflation of my expectations for the ending of dark souls.
>>
>>379865352
i can use meaningless buzzwords too: your post is all flash and zero substance
>>
>>379864172
This
People expected something huge some major lore character.
But the truth is the worlds simply burned out
Theres nothing left
Before the ringed city everyone's dead dying or insane.
Really fits the whole "fool's errand, everythings hopeless" theme on dks3

Dlcs were their own sidestory and that pissed everyone including me off since a lot of lore was left unfinished.
>>
>>379864632
>best lore build ups
>these guys aren't sitting on their thrones, beat the shit out of them to convince them otherwise
That's it.
>>
>>379864632
Most of Pontiff's lore comes after you fight him, he's a literal who
>>
>>379865714
you didnt disproff anything though, you just sound like another butthurst fanboy
>>
>>379864134
>"the player character is no one special, just an undead/ashen fag among the heaps of others"
>proceeds to kill gods with zero issues and can wield retarded huge weapons and magic
>people still parrot vaati's "they were just 2 nobodies fighting in the end of the world" when they're both at god levels of strength
>>
>>379864134
Gael didn't go through the ringed city
He literally travelled the world until it was nothing but a desert collecting every soul.
Trc is trapped in the past, breaking the breaks the illusion and sends you to the present.
>>
>>379859504
A rock concert of a boss. There's so much flair and bombast that it really feels empty, it contrasts the substance of the character so much that it's honestly disappointing; a waste of a build up and fight.
>>
>>379859504

Now that the ashes have settled(get it?), can we all agree that Bloodborne + The Old Hunters is the ultimate Soulsborne experience? Dark Souls 3 may as well been called Dark Rehash 3
>>
>>379865893
>people think it's great that the final fight is "two nobodies fighting at the end of a barren world"
>and in the same breath say his theme is good outside of phase 1
People are fucking stupid
>>
>>379865414
>Feels like they had no idea how to end it so they went with something completely new.
It's this.
Clearly Miyazaki didn't know how to end the series so he just asspulled something.

The funniest thing is that there are people who defend him and consider it a great work of kino.
>>
>>379865714
sorry Miyazaki cocksucker. your idol has last his edge and his touch. maybe he'll get it back now that they're done with bamco, or maybe he's already too far gone

either way he's only made 3 good games, and one of them isn't even souls
>>
>BB and its DLC tie together meaningfully, the DLC expands, explains and enriches the lore

>DS3 and its DLCs go to a complete sidetrack, having characters, concepts, areas and themes no one has even fucking heard of
>has a final boss thats a literal who obese santa claus who wants the blood of the dark soul (what the fuck miyazaki) so some random little girl inside a painting can paint a painting where someone can maybe possibly live in someday

What the fuck happened
>>
>>379865981
>collecting every soul.
Huh? the pygmy lords had the dark souls between them, he didn't "eat" anybody else
>>
>>379859504
Thematically brilliant and a satisfying fight, but I prefer Friede.
>>
KINO
>>
>he shoots lightning xDd wow so f*cking epic definitely not a cheap copout cashgrab
>>
File: dark-souls-miyazaki-feature.png (328KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-miyazaki-feature.png
328KB, 640x360px
>>379866235
>a painting where someone can maybe possibly live in someday
But can't because the painting that she currently lives in is burning. Dark Souls 2 had better writing than this trash.
>>
>>379860610
>>379860970
Same voice actor, just like how Ariendel is Aldia.
>>
>>379866252

all of humanity have shards of the dark souls you nitwit. When you use souls to level up, you're also essentially getting a bigger piece for yourself. Gael killed everyone, or at least everyone who had the biggest shards, including the pygmy lords who probably had the largest chunks. At the very end, all that's left for him was you
>>
>>379865881
between vordt, the dancer, the outrider knight, and the pontiff beast you get the clear impression he's a maniac with abhorrent beasts, and he wants you dead
when you get to the fog wall in irythyl you suddenly realise you're about to fight sillyman and you have no idea what to expect
>>
>Hey you guys liked Artorias, right?

He comes across as a poor imitation. Artorias was a legendary knight who fought the Abyss. His gravestone is massive and in a prominent location so you know just how important and respected he was. Gael is some errand boy collecting fucking paint.
>>
>>379866714
Ariendel's VA is Benhart's, not Aldia's.
>>
>>379866720
dont forget that one ringed city knight that's just chilling out at the end of the world because
>>
>>379866473
A cheap copout would have been fighting Kaathe.
>>
File: 1486334451382.jpg (104KB, 395x324px) Image search: [Google]
1486334451382.jpg
104KB, 395x324px
>>379866720
Uh the reason why gael traveled to the ringed city was in search of the Dark Soul. It makes no sense that he killed everyone in the world. Besides the game tells you that the pygmy lords are the ones that have the shards of the dark soul, ence the reason why they were locked away far far away from everything in the world. The only thing that makes no sense in this DLC is really what happens when you touch the orb. Do you go forward in time or is it a pocket dimension? I like to believe the latter
>>
>>379866646
That one anon in this thread that thought about Gael being a prominent character in the base game already has a better story cooked up

Miyazaki just blatantly doesn't give a shit anymore
>>
>>379867098
Pocket dimension, waking up the princess returns the city to reality and thus, thr pygmy lords suddenly find themselves drained of strength and easy pickings for Gael.
>>
>>379867128
>>379866646
You guys are crazy,DAS2 had far worse writing.
>>
>>379867430
elaborate instead of just saying lol ur wrong
>>
>>379866981
obviously, since he's dead. I just hate the fact that they introduce all of these new concepts and world building pieces in the base game then do LITERALLY nothing with any of it and use a shoehorned npc to trick people into thinking it's some kind of deep narrative
>>
File: duty fulfilled.png (297KB, 639x452px) Image search: [Google]
duty fulfilled.png
297KB, 639x452px
>>379867430
Here's your (You) now please explain yourself.
>>
>>379867430
shards of manus and aldia were more interesting than any of the shit in dark souls 3
>>
>>379863585
>I'd say thematically he was a better boss to end the game than Orphan in TOH.

Nigga wat
The curse of the Orphan is LITERALLY the driving force behind everything in BB
>>
>>379863982
WRONGO
DaS3 = BB > DaS1 >>>>>>> DeS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS2
>>
>>379867430
At least the DaS2 DLCs offered us Vendrick to talk to, Aldia and a whole another ending.

DS3 ends the entire series with a line that boils down to
>"maybe someone will live in this painting someday"
>"I honestly don't know, I think it could be comfy though."
>"don't think about the house being in LITERAL FLAMES by the way :)"
>>
>>379867098
the ringed city is an illusion transposed from the dark soul itself, I think
>>
>>379859504
I loved it and if you didn't find at least 1 (ONE) enjoyable boss in DaS 3 you're a fucking tasteless pleb.

>2Bat
>Undead Santa Claus
>Gwyns Scaly Son
>Chosen Undead/Gwyn 2
>Twin(k) Princes
>Maria with Ice Scythe
>Champ

Fucking love this game. Not even kidding right up there with DaS 1 and I don't give a good god damn how much people bitch about it having fan service.
>>
File: 1474162548455.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474162548455.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
Can I be Frank West with you for one minute?
I don't even know who that is. Is he the guy from New Londo Water Park? I didn't finish the DLC because it was bored me and didn't do anything new. What a shame to drop the ball so hard after the orgasmic The Old Hunters expansion. Did Miyazaki go hollow after returning to Bamco's payroll?
>>
>>379867880
Gael is a completely new character, hes not the New Londo guy
Hes in DLC1 and DLC2, thats it.
>Did Miyazaki go hollow after returning to Bamco's payroll?
Its clear as day that BB was the game he truly wanted to make, while DS3 is the game he had to make.
>>
>>379867880
i felt the same way, i was about to drop the dlc but i got to him and he was a pretty fun fight

this dlc has made me glad these games are no longer being made though, it was a chore to play through (just like the base game)
>>
>>379867717
pathetic drone shill
>>
>>379867308

I'm not so sure about the pygmy lords part, I think the pygmies are naturally just really sunken looking fellows. Just check that pygmy NPC out at the beginning of TRC. When undeads die and become hollow, I always assumed that they were getting closer to humanity's original form ie pygmy abyssal creatures. The reason people lose their minds is become of the dark sign, or the seal of fire imprinted onto humanity by gwyn
>>
My favorite big guy with a sword. Not saying it in an insulting way, I love humanoid fights.
>>
>>379867514
>>379867550
>>379867612
>>379867750
>all this asspain from people going BUT THE DLC AND ALDIA

Aldia was a bandaid slapped on DaS2's writing because the base game did such a shit job of motivating the player. His first two appearances are good and his third is horrendous, culminating in a meh fight. The shards of Manus stuff is neat but meshes horribly with the vanilla game, which clumily switches from killing four guys with zero backstory and lore to guesting after the throne.

For fucks sakes, look a Nashandra and say that she's well written. 60% of her dialogue was cut from the game.
>>
>>379868214
I mean it's commendable that DaS2 prettt much immediately realized that the cycle meme was terrible and introduced Aldia, DaS3 goes full retard
>>
>>379867828
The bosses are the only thing universally agreed to be good in dark souls 3
>Both forms of Gundyr
>Vordt
>Curse wood (first time)
>Abyss Watchers
>Pontiff
>Yhorm (without stormruler)
>Nameless King
>Dragonslayer Armour
>Lothric Princes
>Soul of Cinder
>Demon Prince
>Midir
>Gael
all excellent bosses
>>
>>379868214
Heres the part where you explain how DAS3 does anything better at all.
Seriously, what the fuck is the story even about other than
>muh lords
>muh linking the flaem
>muh lords
>muh not linking the flaem
>muh lords
>muh becoming one of the muh lords, whatever that means because we never get to see londor anyway lmao
>>
>>379868381
DaS2 introducing cycles was just the most retarded thing ever.
>>
>>379867880
sleep snug smug
Gael is a slave knight from before the chosen undead's time. He just happened to survive to the end of time by hiding in a painting and then going on a journey to collect the essence of the dark soul as pigment for a little girl's painting.

Can anyone remind me how many swamps there are in Dark Souls 3?
>>
File: Ariamis.jpg (725KB, 1280x1694px) Image search: [Google]
Ariamis.jpg
725KB, 1280x1694px
Gael doesn't really feel like a "grand ending" to me. More like a victory lap, or something along the lines. Same thing with Midir really.

Rather than THE FIGHT TO END ALL FIGHTS, THE CLIMAX, THE PEAK OF SOULS, it's more along the lines of "Hey, we've had a lot of fun all these years. I hope you guys keep all that fun you've had, and take it with you forward" kinda thing. Kinda like a final "greatest hits" concert, or medley would fit better.
All of From's triumphs, and fuck ups too, for that matter, considering earthen peak's there, all celebrated in one place.
Especially with the whole painting sub-story, the whole idea that Ash will remain, even after all the world fucks up, this cold, dark, gentle sanctuary will stay safe forever.

I dunno. It's mushy bullshit, and it's probably just me rationalizing how I like it when, according to the consensus, I'm not supposed to,
But I really do like it. Granted, there's a bit of emotional weight there as well, this being the final souls thing, at least by Miyazaki and his crew, and that might've sullied my judgement, but eh.
I had fun.
>>
>>379868495
Compare the writing and lore behind the lord of cinders and the writing and lore behind the four great ones in 2.

Fucking Yhorm shits all over them. Yhorm.
>>
>>379867828
Abyss Watchers are my favorite fight in any of the Dark Souls games, though Ludwig is still better at the end of the day
>>
>>379868395
>Vord
first phase is beaten by simply walking below him
second phase is fine
Wouldn't say he's excellent
>Curse wood (first time)
One of the least fun bosses
>Yhorm (without stormruler)
The fight is too long if you fight him without the stormruler.
>Demon Prince
The Demon prince yes. But the first phase with 2 demons is just terrible. It was never fun fighting 2 bosses at the same time.
>>
>>379868395
>listing gimmick joke bosses
Come on now
>>
>>379868582
You have cruxifion woods, the fire lake, farron keep, a couple of small areas in Irythill and Profaned Capital, ruins of earthen peak and Ringed city. Those are all that come to mind, don't really know if there are more
>>
File: 1464924385803.png (253KB, 680x460px) Image search: [Google]
1464924385803.png
253KB, 680x460px
>>379868691
Dark Souls 3 ruins the canon because now whoever sacrifices themself to the Flame will somehow be alive in the next cycle good as new.
>>
>>379868582
4-5 depending on what you define as a swamp. Might be missing some since I don't remember the shitfest AoA all that well

crucifix woods
farron keep
interior cathedral
dreg heap
ringed city
>>
File: 034-480x319.jpg (22KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
034-480x319.jpg
22KB, 480x319px
>dudes in armor
>>
>>379868990
Dark Souls 2 ruined the lore by saying all the lord souls regen and also by giving Seath a lord soul. So yeah, Dark Souls 2 is still worse.
>>
>>379868691
not even remotely true and you simply have a selective memory
>>
>>379868829
>>379868998
Some anon hammered the point that most of Dark Souls 3 was in fact swamps while trying to find a reason why they're not having as much fun as they should. The list was massive. The anon stated that if you hated swamps in souls games you won't have as much fun with 3 as anons who don't mind them.
>>
>expected a conclusion to a story
>didn't get one
>>
>>379869159
Actually my memory is great, given that I've been playing SOTFS all week.

Feel free to tell us the backstory behind The Rotten. I'm sure its way more fleshed out than Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>379859504
>hehe member artorias OwO
>he even has the same intro as artorias
>its another 2 phase im so powered up and my second phase is just me shitting as much garbage on the screen as possible to look EPIC for epic gamers like me
simply epic my fellow mizayaki friend........... or dare i say.......... EPIC FOR THE WIN!
>>
>>379869231
Dude the blood of the dark soul lmao
something something painted world

Speculation for everyone
>>
File: Lapp.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Lapp.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>379859504
Completely overshadowed by Patches. The only character to canonically survive all the way from Dark Souls 1 till the end of the world.

We finally even got a bit of a heartfelt moment from him at the end there.
>>
>>379869075
>all the lord souls regen
They are the great souls of power born from first flame. They won't just die and go away forever.
>>
>>379869332
this

i'm so sick of fucking popcorn movie fights in these games, make your games actually interesting to play you lazy cunts
>>
>Artorias is somewhat of a Guts reference.
>Gael is an even bigger Guts refence.
BRAVO MIYAZAKI
>>
>>379868998
actually just realized I forgot like 5 of them like the Profaned swamp and irithyll. Christ what a dull game

everything is a castle rampart or a swamp, doesn't help that it's strictly linear too. hate on dark souls 2's level design all you want, at least it had distinguishable and memorable levels
>>
File: failed invasion.png (186KB, 543x427px) Image search: [Google]
failed invasion.png
186KB, 543x427px
>>379869075
>giving Seath a lord soul
Seath was given a soul by Gwyn.
>>
>>379869460
Then why didn't the soul Gwyn gave the four kings come back? Why did Seath get a lord soul when he never had one in 1?
>>
IT'S. NOT. THE. FUTURE.

Why do I Keep seeing this. You walk all over a destroyed Lothric at the beginning of the DLC, but you can see an intact Lothric in the background. Gigantic city kingdoms don't reassemble themselves over the course of thousands of years.

Argo tells you what it is - it's the Abyss. And just like in Berserk, the Abyss is the afterlife - so Gael has to go the realm of the dead to get the dark soul.
>>
>>379869579
And yet it became his soul somehow in DaS2. When was the last time you all played 2? I feel like I'm talking to people unfamiliar with it.
>>
>>379866920
Felt more like a ripoff of Orphan than Artorias. Half suspect they straight up re-used the wing/cape that orphan had and edited it a bit for gael.
>>
>>379869568
>Profaned Capital is a swamp
It has one swamp room. You guys are getting silly.
>>
File: 1496674457568.jpg (177KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1496674457568.jpg
177KB, 960x955px
>>379869436
>Patches remembers who he is after being a really nice and generous guy in the dreg heap
>Kicks you down the path of progression for old time's sake, laments how every age is beset by man's greed, says he'll always be above such things and wishes you good luck in getting the dark soul
It's like saying goodbye to an old friend. I know Patches will always be making cameos in from soft games but it feels final this time.
>>
>>379869694
It was Seath's soul only in terms of possession.
>>
>>379869627
Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Of course you don't because lol dark souls lore. Maybe leprechauns actually did it.
>>
>>379869825
That's bullshit, why didn't it return to Gwyn like the other piece they forgot about. Its such a handwave to give Dragons souls in 2, especially Seath.
>>
File: disappointed undead.webm (81KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed undead.webm
81KB, 500x300px
>>379869627
>the Abyss is the afterlife - so Gael has to go the realm of the dead to get the dark soul
>>
>>379869775
which is exactly why I said PROFANED SWAMP as in, the swamp in the profaned capital. yes it still counts even if it's small because it's still nearly half the fucking area because profaned capital is like 20 paces across from start to finish
>>
>>379870015
Its not nearly half the area you fucking drama queen, its one large room and a side room.
>>
>>379870086
and the other half is a straight walkway down to the boss fog
>>
>>379862401
Or even just give us some boss weapon items related to the Dark soul itself instead of just Gael's weapons.
>>
>>379859504
Imagine the end of DaS1, stepping through the Kiln to see... Slave Knight Gael. Gwyn was good but imagine how fucking perfect that would be. A nobody like you at the end of a dying world. He had been waiting for you, he needs to collect the lord souls and has already eaten Gwyn. During the fight he gets injured and the blood of the lord Soul empowers him.
I get chicken skin just thinking about it, it's so fitting it fucking hurts. I'm glad we still got Gael in DaS3 though, but seriously missed potential
>>
File: 1489198516174.png (445KB, 551x548px) Image search: [Google]
1489198516174.png
445KB, 551x548px
>>379869040
>DaS2 gets shat on for this
>woah dude soul of cinder dat music and player moveset!!! who else cried manly tears???
>woah dude gael you're like equals and shit!!! who else cried manly tears???
>>
>>379869953
Seath wasso mighty that the soul latched itself onto him. The Four Kings were just faggots that wanted power and they got fucked up for it. Think of them like the Ring Wraiths from LotR.
>>
>>379869850
>Spear of the Church, turn back.
The Abyss runneth deep. Thou'rt sworn to protect our mistress's slumber.

>Sinister vessel made from the skull of a noble king. Placed on the altar within the catacombs, but its origins are unclear. An ominous air emits from the chalice, gripping the hearts of those who peer at it as if determined to drag them to the world of the dead.

>Cursed leech.. I... await you... in the Abyss.
>>
Demon's Souls had 4 starting area you can choose from

Dark souls had 6 starting areas

Dark Souls 2 only had 3

Dark souls 3 only had 1.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>379870283
Dark Souls 2 had mostly shit bosses though. At least vanilla did.
>>379870296
Nice fancanon, better than any of the BUT PERHAPS, WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING WHY garbage present in 2.
>>
>>379870382
Wait DS2 had 4 starting areas if you count the gutter
>>
>>379869332
Unironically this. Gael just felt pretentious. It was like a 12 year old watched LOTR and wanted to design a boss fight that had to be EPIC and FLASHY.
>>
>>379870382
>Dark Souls 2 only had 3
Technically 2. You can't go to the Shaded Woods without a Fragrant Branch.

>>379870501
You can't start with the Gutter. You'd need at least 22 VIG with the cat ring.
>>
>>379859504
Just beat him for the first time last ngiht with my friends, we great chaos fiereball/Soul spear'd his face till he died. It was honestly disappointing for $15
>>
>>379870283
>>woah dude soul of cinder dat music and player moveset!!!

i hated this so much, i can't believe people list this as one of their favourite moments in the game when it's one of the most fanfictiony things they could have done

fighting the final boss of dark souls 1 at the end of dark souls 3 is the game implicitly admitting it has no reason to exist
>>
>>379859504
Basically guts.

So I like it.
>>
>>379870382
dark souls 2 had 2 but opens up to like 6 if you kill dragonrider as your first boss
>>
>>379866981
>An actual meaningful character to the series
>Well established in the original Dark Souls, multiple cameos and references in later titles
>This is somehow a copout for a final boss

No, of course. You faggots think in complete shitpost logic.

Gael has no history. To be completely and totally subjective, pasting over his entire character with Andre and making it his story instead would have had more impact. Because it is at least 100% confirmed he has existed since the age of fire and the fact he is still alive in DaS3 could always be turned into a testament of his strength.

Gael allegedly has existed since the beginning and is infamous to pigmy lords, and none of that is actually felt or seen, and the latter is barely shown at the end of Ringed City.

How about Patches. Another character who has been there since the beginning. This is someone who embodies the darkness of humanity more than any other character in the series and could have been the holder of the Dark Soul all along without even needing an explanation because his character is just that well-established.

Even Bearer of the Curse, despite being a total retread of the player from a previous game being the final boss like Soul of Cinder, would at least have credence as the last person alive at the end of the world, because last we saw of him, he walked away from the Throne of Want with complete power over light and dark and sought to rid the undead curse from everyone. It would be interesting if they wrote this into the DLC as how unkindled are created.
>>
I was always curious if the forlorn enemy from two is gael, they do have similar armor, and the description of the forlorn makes it sort of make sense.

Born of Aldia's Obsession with the First Sin, the Forlorn lost both their corporeal form and a world to call their own. Now they drift into other worlds, ever in search of a home. But without self, one has neither beginning nor end, and so the Forlorn have only to wander.
>>
>>379863420
All the most important figures in the lore are already dead by thousands of years, there is no one else to fight
>>
>>379859504
He was a great boss fight and I liked how he was foreshadowed with his soapstone signs guiding you throughout the DLC. He also uses roughly the same moves he does in his non-boss form if you summon him in the first DLC for Friede fight (f.ex. the circular saw miracle), which is kind of cool. The battle BGM, especially the second phase one is probably my favorite in the game.

If not for the titular Dark Soul itself being a whole load of "wow it's fucking nothing" and the game actually finishing the painter subplot people would like Gael a lot more I think. Fuck, it's not even a case of unanswered previous lore questions, the DLC don't even have the decency of finishing their own fucking plotline.

>>379870382
Yeah, that's also one of my biggest peeves that kills DaS3 replayability. The game is no doubt great, but also just so linear compared to previous ones. At most you get early Painter, but she's geared way towards higher level characters.
>>
Discount Artorias. A shitty, insignificant, creatively bankrupt copy paste character. The random ass red skulls and lightning strikes and the "summoning himself" retarded nonsense are just the icing on the B team cake. What a fitting final boss in a series with two shitty, insignificant, creatively bankrupt sequels.
>>
File: disappointed druid.jpg (152KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed druid.jpg
152KB, 900x900px
>>379859504
>Dark Souls 1
>Fight the pygmy after he went Berserk

>Dark Souls 2
>Lol jk that wasn't the pygmy
>There were a bunch of pygmies
>See this original character (do not steal)? He ate them all.
>He's the true pygmy

Disgusting.
>>
>>379870631
you can start with one if you want
>>
File: w123468.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
w123468.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>379870323
oh shit
>>
>>379868729
>it was never fun fighting 2 bosses at the same time

And yet every single fucking DaS fan had a good time with Beavis and Butthead.

As many times as they've tried to recapture that initial feel, the 2 demons felt like a fair fight again even if you were outnumbered.
>>
>>379870913
That is some backwards logic. They could have picked literally anyone else to be the last guy standing but they picked a literally who that no one has any attachment to. It's lazy as shit.

This guy gets it >>379870808
>>
>>379870979
what?
>>
>>379870808
>>379870808
Not even arguing this, you're wrong. A serpant as an endboss would be retarded, especially since Kaathe is dead (you'd know this if you cared about the lore).
>>
File: 1461893784722.png (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1461893784722.png
11KB, 321x322px
>>379870875
>Gael is praying to the goddess of the Forlorn when you first meet him
O shit
>>
File: boss.png (18KB, 274x662px) Image search: [Google]
boss.png
18KB, 274x662px
Souls bosses are hit and miss, and the only good ones are the "human" ones who actually fight/know how to parry

DaS:
Gwyn
Artorias

DaS2:
Looking glass knight
Vesdalt

DaS3
Gundyr
Pontiff
Abyss watchers
Soul of cinder
Nameless
Freida
Gael

>Bloodborne
Bloody Crow
Lady Maria
Orphan

Everythign else is fucking boring, or giant monster, get under it and whack it where it cant hit you tier.
>>
>>379870875
Dark Souls 2 has essentially been written out. DS3 has some references to it but you can literally play DS1 -> DS3 and not miss a beat.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 450x360px
>>379871242
I never said he was alive. I said he'd be a more impactful final boss.
>>
>>379871021
You can't.
>>
>>379871021
No you can't, it isn't one of the gifts.
>>
>>379871193
I meant DS3, my bad.
>>
File: 1442085233705.jpg (16KB, 387x387px) Image search: [Google]
1442085233705.jpg
16KB, 387x387px
>>379870661
>i hated this so much, i can't believe people list this as one of their favourite moments in the game when it's one of the most fanfictiony things they could have done

Agreed. Before DaS3 came out you had retards saying shit about how "great" it'd be if the final boss read your save data from DaS1 and made the final boss based on your character.

Never did I imagine that From would pretty much do this.

Fuck having a meaningful final boss fight, let's just throw in some literal who with a generic as fuck design, a moveset that's a glorified NPC invader and le sad Gwyn music to really hammer the nostalgia in.
>>
>>379865006
>no locations from DkS1
>lothric castle used as an area again
>no other locations from DkS2 besides earthen peak
>not enough returning items from previous games that could've shown up in the dreg heap
>no dark wood grain ring

I loved the dreg heap's design and layout but it seriously has a lot of wasted potential. Hell I would've loved if instead of 2 dlcs we got three with one of them being an expanded dreg heap.
>>
>>379870661
I thought it was a cool way to fight the Chosen Undead without actually saying it outright.
>>
>>379871531
Soul of Cinder was already a great boss that was basically that, you twat.
>>
File: severe anger.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
severe anger.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>379865006
All the fallen structures from previous games in the series and all they could think to add was 1/3 of earthen peak before heading to Ringed City.

what the fuck
>>
>>379871786
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>379871308
Amygdala and Watchdog were cool
>>
From-went-nuts-and-put-Guts-in-the-game/10
>>
>>379870593
what's your idea of an interesting bossfight?
>>
File: Soul of Cinder.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Soul of Cinder.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>People dislike the Soul of Cinder
It's know it's a dark souls 1 reference at the end of a game that was heavily criticised for being too referential but I thought the transition from varied fighting styles archetypal of the player characters was really cool and was a good way of showing how many heroes over the years have sacrificed themselves without blatantly shoving it in the player's face. I also thought the use of Gwyn was a nice touch as it retreaded his fight but actually made it difficult while showing the finality of the game: You've got the very essence of the first flame on the ropes, so in desperation it channels the very first being that ever linked the fire.
>>
File: 1497131232111.jpg (106KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
1497131232111.jpg
106KB, 600x718px
>>379873303
>You've got the very essence of the first flame on the ropes, so in desperation it channels the very first being that failed to protect the essence of the first flame.
>>
The untended graves is in the future.
>>
>>379874482
Literally impossible.
>>
>>379873303
I would have preferred him to change appearance
>>
>>379859504
3 Hits with a greatsword for stagger, wait for his reset, repeat forever, boring.
>>
File: tfw.png (80KB, 529x327px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
80KB, 529x327px
>>379859504
Lame boss fight, I almost lost though, had to use my divine blessing
>>
>>379871531
>An amalgam that represents every person to ever link the flame in history.
>Literal who
What would have made a more meaningful final boss fight. Some even bigger Who that appeared out of nowhere like Pontiff?
>>
>>379859504
>A literal nobody meant to make people cream over an artorias 2.0
Nothing.
>>
>>379864143
>thinks ds2 is good
oh anon, how retarded are you?
>>
>>379875735
I was quoting the other person with an image to imply disgust at his opinion, Einstein
>>
File: gael bingo.png (36KB, 449x495px) Image search: [Google]
gael bingo.png
36KB, 449x495px
>>379859504
>>
>>379863982
>he thinks DaS2/3 aren't at the very bottom
>he thinks DaS3 is good even though its mediocre just like 2
>he thinks DaS2/3 are anything above 7/10
>>
>>379873303
I love the concept, but I'm not a big fan how the Gwyn phase is JUST Gwyn. I would've loved it if instead of turning into Gwyn, it started to incorporate Gwyn into the moveset, or have the Chosen Undead stuff intertwined into the Gwyn phase.

It's just kinda jarring.
>>
>>379875678
>An amalgam that represents every person to ever link the flame in history.

He's an amalgam of literal whos. There's no real build-up to the fight and the act of linking the flame is no where near as ingrained into the story of the game as it was in DaS1 nor is there any real reason for the thing to fight you in the first place. The only person who linked the flame that we know anything about is Gwyn and I guess the Chosen Undead.

It's a retread of shit that happened in DaS1 for no reason other than fanwank.
>>
>>379863420
>two nobody's battling it out at the end of all things

Fits pretty well if you ask me.
>>
I like champion gundyr because he was just a dude who was really good. Plus his firekeeper was dead, so he was essentially still at his starting level. You essentially invade his world as an overleveled invader and he still can fuck you up
>>
>>379866023
Sonyfag quit trying to justify your purchase of a Ps4.
>>
File: 7e629de3e28f0fb5b5ef9d9f0be7acdd.jpg (301KB, 1280x924px) Image search: [Google]
7e629de3e28f0fb5b5ef9d9f0be7acdd.jpg
301KB, 1280x924px
>>379859504
Don't get the whole "literally who thing"

Artorias is mentioned like twice before the DLC. Same thing with Ludwig. The only difference between them and Gael is that their powerlevel and reputation dick size is much bigger in-lore.
>>
>>379878983
Artorias is extremely overrated. The most important points of his character are:

1) He's one of gwyn's four knights
2) He traversed the abyss

However the DLC retcons point 2 by making the traversal of the abyss our unsung story instead (btw this retroactively means the abyss traversal ring used in the 4kings fight makes no sense) so now we're just left with point 1. His entire character is literally that he was a knight who got btfo by the abyss.

Oh, and he had a dog.
>>
>>379861005
>he had trouble with Wolnir
lmao
>>
>>379877768
i agree, gundyr is just a big guy who's strong as fuck, it's a great fight
>>
>>379877220
>He's an amalgam of literal whos
THAT'S NOT
A FUCKING
ARGUMENT
>>
>>379868582
>slave knight
I will never not cringe at this
>>
>>379870283
DaS2 gets shit on because all of the dudes in armor fights played exactly the goddamn same and were boring as fuck. "Three hit combo, two hit swings, overhead, aoe blast."
>>
>>379864034
Honestly I like it.

You're a literal who who is strong because of the Dark Soul, last boss is a literal who who became strong thanks to the Dark Soul
>>
>>379878983
Artorias' lore had actual significance to the base game, and the lore around the 4 knights was something discussed by fans prior to the DLC
Gael is introduced in DLC part 1, and by DLC part 2 he's now actually a super badass ultimate boss. It's like those shitty final bosses in older FF games who are only introduced at the very end. I don't give a fuck about Gael, I want some CLOSURE to many of the unanswered questions this series has.
>>
File: gael.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gael.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
great music, yuka kitamura is god
>>
>>379859504
pretentious as fuck and a literal nobody, but still a very good fight, his power up kaioken phase was cool
>>
>>379873303
Wait until das4 in 10 years, then /v/ will start slurping 3's dick, like what happened with 2.
>>
>>379879981
No, that's just Smelter Demon.
>>
>>379868729
>wait till one is burning and one is not
>fight the burning one and dodge the toxic attacks
>both burning? Just run till one goes toxic again
>cause you can literally outrun them
There is no fight with two bosses that is more easy.
>>
File: breeee.png (196KB, 688x371px) Image search: [Google]
breeee.png
196KB, 688x371px
>haven't played any souls game since the first one

am I really missing much?
>>
>>379880452
What is that symbol under your health bar? Never seen it.
>>
File: ludwig.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ludwig.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>379880417
>Gael is introduced in DLC part 1, and by DLC part 2
why is this a bad thing again?
things that should be part of the main game shouldn't be locked behind a paywall. dlc should be side content. same goes for retards that wanted the dlc to provide a new ending.
>>
>>379880814
it shows up when you set a password for multiplayer
>>
File: 1463729642613.png (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463729642613.png
2MB, 900x900px
The people whinging about Gael not being lorewank fanservice are the exact same kind of retards that were pissed off MGSV wasn't a canonical check-list.

There's more important shit to games than just ticking off autistic continuity boxes and cumming over DBZ tier lore power levels.
>>
Unforgettable bosses possess qualities that may not show up on paper but always show up where it matters most -- in the minds
>>
>>379879676
That would be why my post consisted of more than that one statement.
>>
>>379880753
Yeah, ds3 is pretty great. But if you're asking this on /v/ you probably already hate it and you're false flagging.
>>
pro
>absoluetly loved the built up - filianore, end of the world area, the crawling decapitated pigmy king
>absolutely loved the boss theme (those fucking violins in the last phase man)
>absolutely loved the visuals and the concept of the fight
>difficulty was good

all in all a memorable and worthy last boss and probably my favorite in the series

Big minus though for everything afterwards: you defeat him and then... nothing happens. Not even a short cutscene or outro. I was running around for 15 minutes trying to figure out if the game is over now or not. That was weird and disappointing.
>>
>>379870246
Isn't that literally the original plan for DAS1? Oscar was supposed to be your rival nobody aligned with the opposing snake?
>>
File: pigeon talks to kid.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pigeon talks to kid.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>379881532
I'm not though
>>
>>379880753
ds3 with its dlcs is a really fucking great game m8
if you liked ds1 then you are indeed missing out on sth
>>
>>379881412
What? But it is literally lorewank fanservice, it's yet another f*ckin epic artorias reference, hope u remember dark souls 1 XD
>>
>>379881412
>There's more important shit to games than just ticking off autistic continuity boxes and cumming over DBZ tier lore power levels.

This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that Gael is a dull boss who is essentially a rehash of Artorias/Orphan with a shitty Guts design in a franchise already crammed full of Berserk references.
>>
>>379881412
it's not the same, mgsv was bad for many other reasons, like repeated missions, shitty fob system, and a dead motherbase. not to mention its own story is incomplete.

people wanted to fight the dark soul as the last boss, and from had to create a character with the proper motives to assemble (most?) of the dark soul and fight the player. but people still cry because they wanted "answers" (never was gonna happen in these games) and because the final boss wasn't "the furtive pygmy, daughter of the velka, who is also gwyns wife, and bearer of the pendant"
>>
File: 1464187478410.jpg (160KB, 603x900px) Image search: [Google]
1464187478410.jpg
160KB, 603x900px
>>379877220
>There's no real build-up to the fight and the act of linking the flame is no where near as ingrained into the story of the game as it was in DaS1 nor is there any real reason for the thing to fight you in the first place

Well except for the fact that the entire setting of Lothric is based around the linking of the flame process, and you're explicitly told the nature of your character's existence and the reason you've been brought from the grave is for the sole purpose of linking the fire. The bosses you all fight exist and you must kill them so that you can link the fire. The hub world is again entirely centered around the linking of the flame, and the penultimate cutscene makes it clear what you're about to do. If you've played Dark Souls 1, you know there's going to be something at the kiln, whoever linked the flame last.

The Lords of Cinder are a very well established concept throughout the game. Not just in the opening intro but in the actual narrative itself, and it's well established that there have been absolutely countless generations of people giving themselves to the fire. The flame is even implied to have some limited form or sentience considering that it bends time and space to keep itself going, hence the setting.

There's a hell of a lot of buildup, and the linking of the fire is far more integral to the game's setting and narrative than DaS 1. Don't talk shit.
>>
File: 17-06-11.jpg (2MB, 1166x6284px) Image search: [Google]
17-06-11.jpg
2MB, 1166x6284px
>>379873303
>>People dislike the Soul of Cinder
What is it?
>>
>>379882510
Reminder there's literally nothing wrong with fanservice if done in small doses, especially if it's at the end of a series.

It's hardly like it's out of place either.
>>
File: Gael vs Ringed Knight.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gael vs Ringed Knight.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Fun fight, but the final boss of the series shouldn't have been some literally who. I was really hoping for a fight against the Primordial Serpents.
>>
File: 20170328223755_1.jpg (315KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170328223755_1.jpg
315KB, 2560x1440px
The real ending of Dark Souls.
>>
>bow to the fire keeper
>she also bows
That's a nice touch to the game
>sit down right next to her
>she twirls
HOLY SHIT, i didn't know that i need this in my life.
I can't stop anymore.
>>
>>379882510
>that pic

fuck me i'm so glad these games are dying

you just know that if dark souls 2 had pulled the same shit they would have been talking about how it just didn't "feel right"
>>
>>379883360
>A fine dark soul to you
What was that even supposed to mean? It sounded dumb.
>>
>>379883753
>Try gesture, and then, time for love
>>
>>379884093
>What was that even supposed to mean? It sounded dumb.
The surviving Ringed knight at the end of the world is patches, he was the only one left to stand challenge to gael
>>
>>379882510
Are the youtube comment sections the most autistic and cringy parts of the internet?
There is a chance i helped one of those faggots with a boss. Kill me.
>>
If Gael was a character that had featured more in the game and assisted the player, then Patches' speech about every age being beset by the greed of man would have been a lot more appropriate
>>
>>379881081
Gael makes for an unimpressive closing boss, because he isn't tied into the canon of the base game. And the DLC doesn't spend enough time building him up as a character.

>things that should be part of the main game shouldn't be locked behind a paywall.
What should be part of the main game is entirely decided by the devs, by your logic tOH should have been free because it expands on characters referenced in the base game.
>>
>>379884093
he's wishing you luck in finding the dark soul within the ringed city
>>
>>379860123
This. I was just playing and then an easy fight happened and then suddenly it's like "you've defeated a lord of cinder." How the hell did this guy ever get to be part of the big bads is beyond me. I think I beat him at level 12 or something.
>>
>>379882180
>The Lords of Cinder are a very well established concept throughout the game.

Yeah, but not the flame having some kind of sentient avatar thing that mindlessly charges anyone who tries to link it despite this benefiting the flame in every possibly way.

Let me guess, it's a test of strength? Please. It's obvious that very little thought went into any of DaS3 beyond how they could use nostalgia and fankwank to blind people to the fact that the whole game is a low effort cash grab where all the "good" things about the game are just holdovers from the other games in the franchise.
>>
>>379884537
yeah, ludwig should have been in the main game with how much he's mentioned, or he should have been the cleric beast
the maria/kos bits were separate enough though
>isn't tied into the canon of the base game
i don't believe this to be an issue
>the DLC doesn't spend enough time building him up as a character
this is 100% correct, and the real fault with his bossfight
>>
>implying ANY boss would have been good to you niggers
I like how you guys pretend that there was a way to satisfy you.
>>
>>379885224
Maybe a fight with the primary villain of the series, the Primordial Serpents who as of yet still got away with it.
>>
>>379884692
I figured the Soul of Cinder was meant to be a symbol of how fucked the world is that by the time the dreg heap has formed, the soul collective born from the first flame is trying to stop anyone from linking it because even the first flame knows how pointless and degenerative linking the flame is
like the universe itself is trying to speed up the collapse because of how bad things in the souls universe have got
>>
>>379885735
Serpents are too stupid looking.
>>
File: 1464148995348.png (397KB, 757x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1464148995348.png
397KB, 757x1123px
>>379885997
>>
>>379885735
Peopel would have screeched:
>muh DaS1 fanwank
>muh stupid looking snake
>muh why is he attacking me
Again: there is no way
>>
>>379886276
It still would have been 1000x more fitting, and it would have felt a 1000x better to kill.
>>
people who wanted to see a primordial serpent, would you have been happy if Gael's arena was surrounded by the corpses of the primordial serpents?
>>
File: 1490791018489.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490791018489.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>379886178
hi unkingled one lets start ebin fightenings
woof xDD
>>
>>379885142
Nah, the expansions in DaS and BB expand on existing lore and the universe by allowing you to experience or witness things mentioned during the base game. It has continuity, it's relevant to more than just the events of the DLC. It also gives those characters more depth, and builds them as universally important because they're introduced earlier to you.
Orphan is an example of them not doing that, but it's linked to a major character in the base game that has unexplained problems until that point. Gael is strictly DLC relevant, and to be the final DLC of not only the DaS3, but possibly the Dark Souls franchise entirely, was underwhelming due to that lack of relevance to more.
>>
>>379863616
He is an undead who survived till the end. That is his deal.
Perseverance, willpower and all that... It doesn't matter who he is or where he comes from.
>>
>>379886768
neck's too short to be an accurate depiction of a Serpent
>>
>>379885224
Literally anyone from a past game with any sort defined character traits, yes.
>>
>>379886276
>>muh DaS1 fanwank
Literally 99% of the fanbase wanks DaS1 though.
>>
>>379884363
so hes like the neville longbottom of dark souls
>>
>>379879417
Forgot he was even a boss.
>>
>>379863982
First playthrough
BB>DaS>DaS3>DaS2

Subsequent playthroughs:
DaS>BB>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>>379887415
This, actually. Although I'd make the distinction between DaS2 and SotFS.
>>
>>379887764
I've never played vanilla DaS2, so I just ignored the difference
>>
File: nV1LQ0a_d.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nV1LQ0a_d.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>379859504
Cool lore.
>>
>>379886178
The Berserk reference we deserve
>>
>>379886881
And then the game fucks it up by having Patches survive completely unfazed all this time, literally putting him on par with the grand ultimate boss fight of the entire franchise.
>>
>>379880612
and velstadt
and ruin sentinels
and dragon rider
and the throne duo
>>
>>379879853
Why?
>>
Final boss should have been a hundred primordial serpents and you fight them in a ballista turret sequence and when you kill them black goo comes out of them and then when they're all dead the black goo forms the player character with the current equipment and stats and you have fight one on one with yourself the true Dark Souls.
>>
>>379880753
>>379881629
ds3 is really good at being a fun ass fuck good feeling videogame with cool shit and excellent fights
Linear in your general path through the game and not as solid writingwise as ds1, but fuck does it feel good to play and boy the bosses are the absolute best
>>
Is Mizayaki a footfag?

Series has so many fuckin barefooted waifus it makes my dick spin
>>
>>379889047
The slave is the lowest member of society, a person without free will.
Knight is a honorary title given to people of great value.
How can he be both at the same time?
>>
>>379889608
Maybe.
The witches high heels with those frilly socks make me hard. Thanks mizayaki.
>>
>>379888963
Patches goes hollow before you touch the egg of the princes.
>>379889831
Solaire was ridiculed by everyone and he is still called a knight. Kirk is a darkwraith who is a knight. Knighthood is not an honorary title in ds universe.
>>
>>379890936
>Solaire was ridiculed by everyone and he is still called a knight. Kirk is a darkwraith who is a knight
It's likely that they were both knights before they became undead and went to Lordran
>>
File: pogchamp.jpg (8KB, 153x172px) Image search: [Google]
pogchamp.jpg
8KB, 153x172px
>yfw from makes a spin-off game where you play as gael through his journey
>yfw it's a hack and slash with cool feral combos and shit
>>
>>379889036
none of those bosses have aoe blasts
throne duo and dragonrider do not have overheads
ruin sentinels and velstadt do not have three hit combos
idk what 2 hit swings means? like an attack where if the first one hits you then you'll always get hit by the second? only throne duo has that i think
>>
>>379859504
A literal rando unless you were a good goy and bought the first DLC.
I don't understand how people can say this is a good fight when he has little to no presence outside of the first dlc and can be hardcore cheesed with any ranged attack.
>>
File: 1493990687258.jpg (309KB, 1300x825px) Image search: [Google]
1493990687258.jpg
309KB, 1300x825px
>>379888963
Dont forgot the chick with the crucifix of the mad king being a-ok fine and chilling at the right side of the arena.
Not to mention the Ringed Knight admiring ash dunes to the left of the arena.
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>379879981
All the dudes in armor in DaS3 have exactly those moves, except the combos are seven-eight hits.
>>
>>379886178
>ending the series with a stupid as fuck whack-a-mole hydra fight
No thanks, those sucked in DaS1 and having bullshit like that be the capstone of the franchise would have been a kick to the teeth
>>
>Final boss of the DLC for the first game in the series is a semi-human abomination warped by extreme negative emotion or circumstance that is the source of the horror seen throughout the game, and is crushingly hard
>Boss before that is a human like you who gave up the fight and 'joined' the final boss as a vanguard to his area, which is not an area he controls but merely an incidental zone filled with the creatures his curse spawned

Now, which game am I talking about?
>>
>>379896896
i think the main trick of dark souls 3 is that the bosses have animations and effects that trick you into thinking more stuff is happening than there actually is
>>
So in the end, what does red skull magic like how Gael and the rat bros of Farron use, mean? It's dark-affiliated obviously, so curse magic? Curses have been historically associated with the Dark in this series and curses were skulls in Bloodborne.
>>
>>379880612
My guy, Smelter Demon's moveset was copied a ton throughout DaS2
>side slash - side slash - overhead/stab or delayed attack (all with the exact same timing)
>leap/sprint attack to punish distance
>delayed overhead
fucking yawn. I remember playing Smelter, Pursuer, Rotten, Velstadt, Dragon Rider, Flexile Sentry, etc on autopilot because once you learn one of their movesets, you've practically learned all of them since only very minor adjustments need to be made at that point.

The kicker: these were also the exact same movesets for half of the normal enemies in the game. They didn't even bother to make the bosses feel all that different from normal enemies, they just bloated their HP and damage.
>>
>>379868395
>Always have a really fun, hard fight with the Lothric Princes, use most of my vials up and feel a nice amount of tension
>Always, in the three times I've played and going up into every NG+ cycle, beat them the first try

I don't get it, but it sure is fun.
I also beat the Nameless King on my first try in NG++, same with the Pontiff and Aldrich and the Dragonslayer Armor. But somehow that cunt Oceiros always gets me.
>>
>>379871308
> Demon of Song bad
>>
>>379898171
I hope that you aren't trying to talk about BB because some very important facets of your first bullet would be wrong if you were
>>
>>379886695
I would have been happier if, after you kill him, you just see them surreptitiously watching from the distance, and close in on Gael's body (which they could have programmed to just lay there) as the scene fades to black.
>>
>>379900740
maybe they're hidden in some level like mario galaxy does with the alien "trees"
>>
>>379886695
I would have liked it if there was reference to Midir eating them.
>>
>>379871308
>Forgetting Gerhman

I'll fight you, I swear to god. Even if this is just a list of the good human fights, and if so I have no idea why the fuck Pontiff and his stand is on this list, Gehrman is phenomenal.
>>
>>379877220
>There's no real build-up to the fight and the act of linking the flame is no where near as ingrained into the story of the game as it was in DaS1 nor is there any real reason for the thing to fight you in the first place.

The act of linking the flame isn't hammered in because you can count the amount of people who want to do it on one hand, because either they know it won't fucking work, or because they have vested interests in the flame going out. It's the theme of the game, the Abyss has won and Kaathe, at this point, is in full keikaku mode. That cocksucker got what he wanted, and every single Lord of Cinder who maybe still has the Flame? And thus is more valuable as a dude and not a corpse? Who the fuck knows, they just wanted a fire boss is in league with him now, and you can either join him too for a place at his feet as the Hollow Lord of Lothric, or try to kindle yourself, in a 100% repeat of Dark Souls 1 except taken up to 11 with the nihilism. Or you could usurp the flame entirely and keep it for yourself, which also falls into his plan and is the only real foreshadowing of Gael's plan to do the opposite with the Dark Soul.
>>
>>379903760
Kaathe is dead, he isn't in full keikaku mode, he got his ass beat off-screen. Letting the flames fade gives Kaathe a posthumous middle finger because doing so guarantees the existence of new fire at some unspecified point in the future, and the only way to truly carry out his wishes is in the Londor ending. Furthermore, picking the Flames Fade ending does not let the Abyss win, since Darknes =/= the Abyss and TRC shows you that the Age of Dark is dominated by the resurgence of the Deep, which is a totally different thing.
>>
>>379868829
>>379868998
I wouldn't count Crucifixion Woods, Smouldering Lake or that one part of Irithyll since it's just shallow water and doesn't alter the gameplay or your movement at all and is just there for aesthetic purposes.
But you are forgetting the two toxic swamps in the Profaned Capital and the Consumed King's Garden.
>>
File: 1459157178743.jpg (62KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
1459157178743.jpg
62KB, 614x614px
>Before the Ringed City came out in /dsg/

>LOOK THESE ARE KNIGHTS WHO USE THEIR DARK SIGN! THEY GET THE POWER FROM DARK SIGN AND HAVE UNLOCKED THE POTENTIAL OF IT!
>THIS GIVES THEM SUPER SAIYAN STAND POWERS SO THEY CAN FIGHT REAL GOOD AND CONQUERED THE RINGED CITY AND EVEN THE GODS ARE AFRAID OF THEM!!
>YEAH! I LOVE THE DARK! DARK FOR LIFE! I WANT TO BE COOL LIKE THE PRETTY BOYS IN MY VIDEO GAME TOO!

Thank god the DLC came out and showed these faggots the what-for.
>>
>>379905676
and then DLC came out and established that ringed knights are super saiyans even under the fire seal
>>
>>379906049
They're strong because they ate a lot of souls, not because they're tapping into the latent power of the fucking curse like some retards thought.
>>
>>379905246
>since Darknes =/= the Abyss

I have literally never seen any evidence of this. The Dark coincided with Manus creating the Abyss, and they have identical effects. In addition, the New Londonians tried to exact same thing that the Oolacilians did, and they had a very similar outbreak of Dark shit. Unless you're going to tell me Darkwraiths, who wield the Dark Hand and use Lifedrain to acquire the Dark Soul and thrive in the Dark, are actually aligned with the Abyss instead. It has always seemed like Kaathe created both for his own selfish-ass needs to cause the end of the world because he was buttmad that serpents are just incomplete dragons or something.
>>
>>379900642
>The Orphan is semi-human in appearance, even taking on Gerhman's voice. In addition, in the Nightmare, he is a direct parallel with how they're both trapped protecting Great Ones The Doll is a Great One btw, this is practically confirmed and are cursed to suffer forever, wizened, with their bodies long since dead in the real world
>The Orphan's true form is more similar to the thing that emanates out of Kos's body; in the real world he was stillborn, as all children of Great Ones, and all that was left when the Hunters slaughtered Kos's people and defiled her body was the rage and despair that became the Hunter's Curse and eventually formed the Nightmare, trapping Maria in the same way Gerhman had been trapped willingly in the Hunter's Dream

Where am I off?

Also Gehrman had a plan with Laurence to get something out of the Dream,
which obviously failed when Laurence became a firedoggo and couldn't rescue him, however Laurence was also hanging out with Wilhelm when he was still an old-ass man but slightly younger by virtue of being able to talk, so the timeline of Bloodborne is all weird and from the Fishing Hamlet massacre to the Moon Presence's hunt is like 20 years
>>
>>379907370
>the Dark coincided with Manus creating the Abyss
No. Did you think that darkness, or humanity, as a concept LITERALLY DID NOT EXIST before Manus? Think about what it is that you're typing for a moment before you click "post." Darkness existed since the First Flame sprung into being, while the Abyss was an artificial creation of men, eons later. What did you think the world was like in the untold hundreds of years before Oolacile caused Manus to explode? Humanity wasn't a thing? That darkness, shadow, etc. weren't around? They very obviously were, don't be daft. The concept of Darkness is independent of whether the Abyss exists or not, since it is an inherent construct of the disparity that Fire sustains.

Furthermore, the existence of the Deep, as a concept, was meant to thrust through your skull that the Abyss is not the end-all-be-all of Darkness. It exists to give explicit form to the "peaceful, gentle" Dark as described in DaS2, and by the firekeeper at the end of DaS3.

Also, there is no such thing as "New Londorians tried the same thing that the Oolcailians did at a a later point in time." The Abysses of New Londo and Oolacile are one and the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQ86Aet_7M

>Unless you want to tell me that the servants of Kaathe, Primordial Serpent who rules over the Abyss, hunted by Artorias the Abysswalker, who gain the special ability to survive the Abyss among all other Men (who are inherently Dark-affiliated creatures to begin with and thus have no inherent weakness to Darkness) are actually aligned with the Abyss
huh really made me think
>>
>>379908853
The Curse of Beasts (the main cause of suffering and strife in the BB) was not caused by the Orphan of Kos. Beasthood is not Blood-Drunkenness. The Orphan is responsible for the latter, which solely affects Hunters and causes them to go rabid upon consuming the Old Blood. Otherwise you would explode into beasthood almost at random, despite being (reasonably) lucid even moments before, like Vicar Amelia. Blood-drunkenness makes you "at risk" for contracting Beasthood, because it stimulates the beastly urges within you.
>>
File: 1496608277825.jpg (81KB, 528x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496608277825.jpg
81KB, 528x512px
>>379870382
>Dark souls had 6 starting areas
But only one path you're meant to go down. The Catacombs are rough if you don't have a divine weapon and don't immediately know where to go, you can't damage the ghosts of New Londo enough to kill them before getting gangbanged and can't drain the place. You can head into the Garden (only with the master key) but there's not much reason to kill the Butterfly so early and you probably won't have enough souls for Arty's Seal and a reason to kill Sif so early anyway. Valley of Drakes is a nothing area. Blighttown (also only accessible through the master key) is only useful just to skip the damn place (and the Depths) when you reach that point of the playthrough, but no new player is going to kill Queelag with a +0 weapon.
I feel like DaS1's open-endedness is a bit overrated. A new player will never go anywhere other than the Burg for their first level (god help them if they pick the master key, got lost in Blighttown on their first character and quit the game out of frustration) and once you're experienced the optional areas are nothing more than a checklist of items to do some suicide runs for before setting foot in the Burg.
Linearity isn't a bad thing by any means and I don't understand why people lose their shit so hard when any part of a Souls sequel becomes a bit more linear than the original.
>>
>>379859504
A really fun fight with my favorite non-BB boss theme in the series.
>>
>>379908943
>The concept of Darkness is independent of whether the Abyss exists or not

The only time before the fire that we know of, is the Age of Stone. In the Age of Stone, fucking TIME wasn't real. Nothing aged, or died, or changed. Dragons were born, and then continued to be. You can't have darkness before light. Besides, The Dark is different from 'darkness'. Turning off the light doesn't make a bunch of horrible monsters appear in the void. The Dark is some manifestation of the Dark Soul gone wild, possibly similar to demons spawning from a piece of the First Flame that got fucked with, right down to mutating anyone who gets too close. Except because Dark is theoretically limitless and can reproduce rather than just divided like the flame, it's much more dangerous.

>Furthermore, the existence of the Deep, as a concept, was meant to thrust through your skull that the Abyss is not the end-all-be-all of Darkness.

Except the Deep is a shithole full of monsters that Aldrich specifically wanted to stop, and he only gained a perception of it after he decided not to link the flame and let it snuff itself out. And the evidence suggests that Aldrich was being manipulated by the Pontiff, who wanted to bring about the fucking Dark so it stands to reason that The Deep might just be another alias.

>Unless you want to tell me that the servants of Kaathe, Primordial Serpent who rules over the Abyss, hunted by Artorias the Abysswalker, who gain the special ability to survive the Abyss among all other Men (who are inherently Dark-affiliated creatures to begin with and thus have no inherent weakness to Darkness) are actually aligned with the Abyss

Not a single thing here contradicts that Dark = Abyss, and in fact supports it. Kaathe isn't the Abyss Stalker, yet he wants to make the Dark happen. The Dark Wraiths are in the Abyss and serve the thing who masterminded its creation. The Abysswalker, in your own words, hunted them as creatures of the Abyss. Like, holy fuck.
>>
>>379912465
>the Dark is the manifestation of the Dark Soul gone wild
No, the Dark is just the Dark Soul. Hence the name: Dark Soul. Because it's the manifestation of Darkness in general, in the same sense that Gwyn's soul symbolized all that was light. The Abyss is the corruption of Darkness. It doesn't exist naturally, you have to force it to spring into being by driving humanity (Darkness) wild. Humanity, and thus the Dark, existed long before the Abyss ever did.

>Aldrich wanted to stop the Deep
*decided that the Deep was rad and that linking the flame was for chumps, and so nommed on Gwyndolin while waiting for it to show up.

And no, Aldrich knew about the Deep from the get-go, not only after linking the fire. His entire religion, which was founded before he ever linked the flame, was based on his visions of the Deep. Please learn your continuity. And it's not like Aldrich went willingly to link the fire. He was MADE a Lord of Cinder by his subordinates. He did not go by himself.

And no, the Deep is not the Abyss. Why people still cling to this dumb ass meme when the Deep and Dark infusions are two distinct things is beyond me. Why don't you also try handing me your 2deep theories on why chaotic and regular fire are one and the same thing?

>the Dark = the Abyss
Ah yes, that's why the Abyss instantly kills any human, creatures of Dark, despite their innate connection to the Dark, and their carrying of the Dark Soul within them. Get the fuck out of here.

This also makes total sense as to why the Dark isn't fatal in DaS3 when you visit the Untended Graves, which is a bona-fide World Without Fire (aka the Age of Dark, what happens when the flames die out). Oh wait, it doesn't, because that clearly isn't the Abyss and it's not fatal to you even though the Dark has consumed the world.
>>
>>379909568
>The Curse of Beasts (the main cause of suffering and strife in the BB) was not caused by the Orphan of Kos. Beasthood is not Blood-Drunkenness

""The eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter. Its pupil is collapsed and turned to mush, indicating the onset of the scourge of beasts."

The Beast Plague is caused by a combination of curse and Old Blood. Healing Saints are people who had their immunity built up so they could give their healing blood to people safely rather than the public risking getting Old Blood directly and becoming fucked up, which is what you see in the Cathedral Ward with Saint Adelline and all the other victims. Healing Saints are treated mostly with the blood of Ebrietas, it seems, who is a completely benevolent Great One who, true to the word, is sympathetic to humans and seeks to enlighten them.

Now, the Pthumerians became supermen thanks to blood. People get high of blood in Yharnam, and use it for a cureall. It's ingrained into society so deeply that it's used for everything, with mostly okay results. Only when the moon falls for a long night of the hunt, IE when the curse is strongest thanks to Great One fuckery, do beasts start to emerge. It just so happens that the player showed up, and was forced into becoming a Hunter and thus having the ability to see the Nightmare, the night that Mergo and the Moon Presence were altering the fabric of reality and fucking with dimensions.
>>
>>379909852
You seem to be talking about this from the perspective of a first playthrough while most people make the point that openness greatly improves replayability. Personally i really enjoyed the openness my first time because it let me feel like i was getting genuinely lost in the world and was somewhere i shouldn't be, which is a feeling the later games never managed to recapture.

In dark souls 1 when you start a new playthrough you can go through the game in many different paths to pick up specific equipment, play parts of the game you enjoy, access covenants etc, meanwhile in dark souls 3 you play through the same areas in the same order with the same fighting style at roughly the same power level every single time.

A more specific problem with Dark Souls 3 is that it doesn't really use its linearity for anything. Other than a few vistas in the game (e.g. exiting the catacombs and seeing irythill for the first time) the game doesn't really benefit from its linearity. The only thing i can really think of is the fact that it allows the developer to know exactly how powerful you'll be for each area (in terms of equipment and level) so they can tailor the levels for a player of that power level but this just left me wondering why there's an upgrade system in the game at all. If i can never have a boss weapon above +2 for irythill for example then why not just remove the upgrade system and streamline the process?

Also you can access most of those areas without the masterkey from the start of the game by killing ingward early.
>>
>>379915306
There is one big problem with the idea that blood drunkenness == beast: blood drunk hunters like human Gascoigne, Bloody Crow, Henryk, etc. are NOT counted as beasts by the game. You can tell exactly what is and is not a beast by whether or not serration, fire, beast gems, etc. work on them. They do not work in these cases. Therefore, we conclude that the game is trying to say that these people have not yet fallen to beasthood, despite their blood-addled condition.

Conversely, Ludwig, after (partially) recovering his sanity, is still counted as a beast by the game. Go ahead, try these things out for yourself. Clearly, one's state of mind is independent of your status as "a beast." All that matters is how furry your body is.

The greentext can be interpreted as
>Eye of a blood-drunk hunter, who is also about to succumb to beasthood.
as opposed to
>Eye of a blood-drunk hunter, and therefore someone afflicted with beasthood
>>
>>379914409
>No, the Dark is just the Dark Soul. Hence the name: Dark Soul. Because it's the manifestation of Darkness in general, in the same sense that Gwyn's soul symbolized all that was light. The Abyss is the corruption of Darkness. It doesn't exist naturally, you have to force it to spring into being by driving humanity (Darkness) wild. Humanity, and thus the Dark, existed long before the Abyss ever did.

The Dark comes from the Dark Soul, just like Fire comes from the Lord Soul. It doesn't mean they're literally one and the same. In addition, I can't overstate enough how much "The Dark" as a phrase is used as a synonym with "The Abyss" as a phrase. The nouns are interchangable.

After doing some reading I've come to the conclusion that the Deep is something entirely different to The Dark, it's just an unrelated nightmare apocalypse thing, so moving on.

>Ah yes, that's why the Abyss instantly kills any human, creatures of Dark, despite their innate connection to the Dark, and their carrying of the Dark Soul within them. Get the fuck out of here.

Like it killed all the humans in Oolacile, right? And New Londo? And didn't turn any of them into horrible monstrosities?

>This also makes total sense as to why the Dark isn't fatal in DaS3 when you visit the Untended Graves, which is a bona-fide World Without Fire (aka the Age of Dark, what happens when the flames die out). Oh wait, it doesn't, because that clearly isn't the Abyss and it's not fatal to you even though the Dark has consumed the world.

Then where are all the people? You meet hollows, you meet a cursed Gundyr who is stuck in some sort of time paradox and eventually gets to the past with the fire stuck inside him in the Coiled Sword, and you meet soulless Black Knights. Not a single fucking human is there. The Unkindled, by the way, is distinct from a normal human in that they don't have even a shard of the Dark Soul left, and yet experiences no differing reaction from interaction with the abyss.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.