[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you give a fuck about cards any more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cards.png (31KB, 316x372px) Image search: [Google]
cards.png
31KB, 316x372px
Do you give a fuck about cards any more?
>>
my ocd autism forces me to idle and sell all cards, but I save up to 10-20 batches because I cant be bothered to login idle master everyday
>>
I loved the concept and still do. But the way they work is just kind of unsatisfying at this point.

Unless you're extremely high level it seems like you'll never get card packs at random. Which means if you don't go to the effort of spending money on cards on the market, all you get is the half a set when you get and play a new game.

So unless you spend money it's essentially nothing 99.9999% of the time.

It would be nice if you got one card every week or two from just signing in or playing so many hours per week or something.
>>
you would make more money mining for cryptocurrency than mining for steam cards
>>
i still dont understand how cards and gems and badges work.
>>
>>379854006
I idle on the achievement manager, then keep the cards, trade to reduce duplicates then wait for packs to drop

The whole thing is fucking stupid though

Only 5 or 6 card sets really feel worth it, since you just the first 3 then one pack to complete. And you only get 3 cards entering the system with a game purchase by other players.

Anything else, especially bigger than 8-card sets, feel so fucking pointless... you've got to have multiple packs to finish a single set. So over time, the amount of cards in the system gradually decreases since packs are always fixed at 3 cards
>>
>>379853663
i just use it to mine for backgrounds and emotes

free shit best shit
>>
>>379854118

I had no idea you could even randomly get packs until a few weeks ago. I like the concept but it's not very fun to engage with, you actually have to put a real effort in to make headways into it and why would you want to do that unless you're just an autist completist?

Fuck it.
>>
>>379853663
Never did, I'm not a lobotomized zombie.
>>
>>379854912
Same.
>>
I hate idling in games and no matter how much I play I never seem to get any drops unless there's an event going on.
>>
Not since they made steam market require a mobile confirmation.
>>
>>379853663
I sell my cards on the reg
it is easy money
>>
Literally all cards are good for is letting a ton of them build up over time while I'm just playing video games, and then selling them all off on the market en masse for like 5ish bucks and picking something up on sale.
>>
>>379854118
What do you mean by extremely high level? I'm 45 and I get about a pack a week.

I did it to make money at the beginning, but now I only get and sell the cards to sustain cards. I like supporting developers but I like the idea of actually getting /something/ in return even if it's just useless digital garbage. I don't want to just Paypal Ray-k 20 bucks, but I'm fine crafting all the Love at First Sight badges, for example. Especially with VNs and Japanese games, since there's very little way to show support to things like that as a westerner. I don't know about VN companies, but anime companies explicitly don't count international BD sales in their figures.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.