[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guess I'm not getting the true end then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1422.jpg (19KB, 350x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1422.jpg
19KB, 350x361px
Guess I'm not getting the true end then
>>
>>379839942
Is that a new Pokemon?
>>
File: Dark_Souls_dailyhollow.png (253KB, 679x632px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_dailyhollow.png
253KB, 679x632px
He isn't that hard. He just has a lot of things going on, and healing if you choke is really really hard unless you praise the slug.
>>
>>379839942
Literally me, but only because the palace broke my will. I can't think of ever losing so much good will for a game so quickly. Before the palace this was easily my GOTY. After the palace I was numb. I felt nearly nothing, even at the death of X. I couldn't give a fuck. When I saw this fucker I just shrugged and grabbed the bad ending because fuck this.

>inb4 casual
I'm bad at platforming and HK never had a lot of that in the first place. Nothing prepared me for THE HORROR.
>>
>>379840121
>tfw used the secret slug combo and still couldn't heal in time
>>
>>379840294
Well, thats sorta that happens when the only "safe" time to heal is when he lasers.And even then its risky, since lasers can repeat their pattern.
>>
>>379840294
What's the secret slug combo?
>>
>>379839942
I couldn't beat this guy, then stopped playing for a week. When I came back I somehow had an easier time of it.
>>
>>379839942
The worst fights in this game are the ones where you have to dodge random projectiles. There are just occasions where no matter how well you dodge you will end up in a shitty situation and take a hit. Pair that with lack of healing oppertunites makes Radience the least fun boss fight in the game.
>>
Take a break and return to it a day later.
>>
File: Hollow_Knight_ShapeofUnn.png (71KB, 880x444px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow_Knight_ShapeofUnn.png
71KB, 880x444px
>>379840557
He most likely means Charms that interact with Shape of Unn.
I.E Quick Focus or Baldur Shell
>>
>>379839942
>make a game with tight controls that teaches you to fight methodically paying attention to enemy telegraphs and your surrounding
>the last fight is entirely RNG where your only chance of winning is whether you luck out with the attack patterns in the second phase

Why do so many devs shit the bed at the finale?
>>
>>379841072
Ah that's cool. I used baulder's shell + unn for a bit but never noticed the little shell.
>>
>>379839942
EZ mode: Lifeblood Heart & Core + Shaman Stone + Spell Twister, and spam Abyss Shriek until it's dead.
You can also use Joni's blessing instead of Lifeblood and throw some other charm in the last slot.

>>379841192
Another cool bit is that shape of Unn + quick focus makes you move faster while healing than even your regular walk speed. It's practically like dashing and healing at the same time.
>>
File: 1494729651380.gif (898KB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494729651380.gif
898KB, 470x360px
>>379839942
>tfw extremely long sword
>git er done with 1hp
I'm sad that that it's over. Be happy you still have things to do.
>>
>tfw died on the final stage where his aim gets shitty

It's among my top 10 most embarassing vidya moments.
>>
>>379842481
Some free content soon as well as some additional character campaigns (At least Hornet) eventually.
>>
My friend gifted me this 2 days ago and the difficulty is something I'm really appreciating
I haven't had such a satisfying bossfight as the Mantis Lords in many years
I just beat Broken Vessel and now things are spooky
I have absolutely no clue where to go next and I feel a bit overwhelmed since there's so much secret stuff all over the place
After some exploring I got Isma's Tears but I have no clue where to go next. Apparently I'm supposed to kill the dreamers but I can't seem to find the way to the one in the city
>>
>>379846816
Well if you got Isma's Tear then you can get into the rest of the Fog Canyon from the Mushroom Wastes near Leg Eater. You should be able to reach the city dreamer pretty easily too though.
>>
>>379846816
You have to go to the tower between King's Station and the Nailsmith, the one with the elevators and husk nobles. You're supposed to use the doublejump there.
>>
File: sweat.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>tfw doing a Steel Heart run
I've almost died like 5 times now.
>>
what game
>>
File: EfjKmhPr[1].jpg (286KB, 1456x1029px) Image search: [Google]
EfjKmhPr[1].jpg
286KB, 1456x1029px
>>379847683
Hollow Knight
>>
>>379840215
>White Palace
>hard
wew lad
>>
>>379847735
I'm still waiting for the fucking switch version
>>
>Joni's blessing
>lifeblood heart/core
>quick slash or mark of pride
Wow so hard.
>>
>>379848813
I used Quick Slash, Quick Focus and Soul Eater. Shaman Stone is arguably a better choice than QS, but QS cuts down the Hollow Knight fight to a minute instead of three.
>>
>>379850228
I found healing to be pretty worthless in the Radiance fight. So I just brute forced it with blue hearts. Made it pretty easy.
>>
>>379847585
Fragile strength is boss for steel soul, since you're not expecting to die anyway. Also helps if you know where all the life shards are ahead of time, I had an extra heart even before fighting Hornet r1.
Also helps if you round up charms and notches asap so you can have both fragile strength and mark of pride early, and tack on QS once you have 9 slots.
>>
I got to 99% but will probably never bring that flower across the map
>>
>>379839942
this game is boring garbage where it's hard only because it has "le darksouls dropped souls" shit and respawns are just trash
controls and artstyle is literally garbage, just like showel knight
I'm glad i smart enough to pirate everything first
Nothing will ever top Ori for me
>>
>>379851251
If you can beat the Colosseum you can get through that shitty sidequest.
>>
>>379851251
But that one is easy. I did 100% on my first run, pretty easily. Try 100% on steel soul mode.
>>
>>379850549
That's what I tried, but I kept failing. I beat it with quick focus + deep focus and still somehow found it pretty easy to heal.
>>
>>379851251
Same. Probably would have done it just for the completion but I was missing another mask shard and I don't know where it is.
>>
>>379851586
I got hit right before the end twice and just don't want to do it anymore
with the colosseum I could just retry instantly
>>
>>379851994
Just sit and the bench and quit out if you fail. You'll get teleported right back there.
>>
>>379839942
What the fuck is is problem anyway?
>>
>>379852104
You can't do that on the current patch.
>>
>>379851251
That wasn't so bad. Just go crypts>blue lake>crossroads>down to fungus>through queen's station>that bit of fog canyon. Up to that point it's basically a nice little stroll, then you get to the manti in queen's garden and it's a little difficult, but they can just be avoided. Get past them and there's a small dash platformin part and then you win! EZ
>>
>>379851251
It's not as hard as it seems. Put on fragile strength, glubberfly elegy, quick slash, and whatever else you want.
From the mourners place go across the lake, along the bottom of crossroads to the lift, and go down. Once you're in the city you'll have to get back to the main gate, which is down a room of platforms with flying guys, you can avoid them entirely by jumping two platforms to the right and using dive spell off the right edge (else you'll land on spikes).
From the city entrance go through fungal grove via the shortcut path straight to queen's station, and take a short climb up to the gardens.
Once you're in the gardens just go left and then up through another shortcut that you've likely activated earlier, the gravestone room is just above the stag station from there.
Taking this path is the safest as there are almost no dangerous enemies, outside of the flying dudes in the city.
>>
>>379851386
>this game is boring garbage where it's hard only because it has "le darksouls dropped souls" shit and respawns are just trash
Idiot spotted. Money is never a problem past the first few hours.

>showel knight
>showel knight
>showel knight
>>
>>379852464
He's a piratefag who thought shovel knight was hard, don't even bother.
>>
>>379846816
Just to be sure. You did check the room where a mantis locks the door on you after beating the mantis lords right? There's a really good charm in there.
>>
>>379847735
I want this in the highest possible resolution.
>>
Get the grub laser charm and just spam that shit upwards.
>>
>>379852464
The death mechanic itself isn't a problem unless you're horrible at games, and even then you have rancid eggs to summon your shade back.
>>
>>379852838
damn right I did, I love the extra range
>>
File: Grub.png (24KB, 136x327px) Image search: [Google]
Grub.png
24KB, 136x327px
>>
>>379852914
I honestly felt like the death mechanic added nothing. It was just there, pointlessly, not good or bad.
>>
>>379853078
Such a great enemy. I love that they are erratic enough to actually damage you.
>>
File: B_Soul_Twister.png (49KB, 270x234px) Image search: [Google]
B_Soul_Twister.png
49KB, 270x234px
>playing through the colosseum and this guy shows up
>>
>>379853692
>charge up great slash with nail master charm
>dies almost as fast as it spawns
Not really the hardest segment IMO
>>
>>379846816
Every now and then I get the itch to do that mantis fight again. Legit the best boss fight in the game imo.

I would pay $5 if team cherry included a boss rush mode or something.
>>
>>379852860
I should have the full pic on my home computer, I'll check it out and post in a little bit.

>>379854062
And add more intensified dream-version fights as well.
>>
>>379854062
Dude what? It was like a tutorial fight. Pretty slow and predictable.
Now the fucking Soul Tyrant on the other hand...
>>
>>379854062
just more dream bosses would be good
>>
>>379851251
Pro-tip: if you don't rest at a bench, enemies don't respawn. Just take the trip backwards first, killing all enemies you come across, then have an easy trip back.
>>
>>379839942
I just rushed the fight and used the Up Black Soul attack underneath to hit him for max damage and spammed it, got some magic back, and repeated. I went full offense with charms and the fight lasted about 30 seconds.
>>
>>379854229
I know it's pretty easy once you learn all the telegraphs, but everything about it just feels so good. The speed, music, the way it teaches you the fight with the first mantis then ramps up the difficulty by doubling them. Everything about it is just fantastic.
>>
>>379854748
this the upwards soul attack is probably the strongest thing in the game
>>
>>379854954
Assuming the thing you're attacking is actually above you...
>>
>>379851251
you can also just kill every enemy without carrying the flower, then do NOT rest, get the flower and just stroll through it
>>
He gave me a lot of problems at first too, but he's actually not that bad. The game conditions you that it's ok to take hits as you can just heal them off, but that's not the case here. He hits too hard and there's too much shit on the screen to get a heal off in most situations. Play smart and punish when you can, but your main focus should be just playing defense and avoiding damage. You'll get into a groove eventually.
>>
>>379857697
The game also teaches you that Dream Events can be repeated without any punishment. Radiance throws that out the window and says "If you die in my dream, you die 4real!"
>Which has the implications of breaking Fragile Charms, making you lose your Shade, even if it is just right there, and game-over if playing on Steel Soul
>>
>>379858306
Dream Events are with punishments. Just not a lot of them, because most Dreamers are too weak to do shit.
Meanwhile Radiance is a fucking bug god, and one so extreme that he is THE FUCKING DREAM SUN.
>>
File: HK Plot.jpg (804KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HK Plot.jpg
804KB, 1800x1200px
>>379858945
Fair enough, I suppose.
>>
>>379852464
>>379852610
>>379852914
>oh you're new to the game, got lost and died to random shit?
>AHAH YOU HAVE TO GO THERE AGAIN TO RETRIEVE YOU MONEY
No wonder it sold like 150k, what a piece of shit, just like every game that panders to """"""hardcore""""" audience that think bad game design is a sign of masterpiece. Funny that it gets praised so much on the most trashy board on 4ch
fucking neckbearded faggots
>showel knight
When i started playing shovelshit i almost puked because of how horrible everything looked. Literally like some retarded famicon game. Controls and gameplay were also clunky as fuck JUST LIKE in hollowtrash
Typical indieshit, nothing more
>>
>>379859516
>controls and gameplay were also clunky as fuck
Why are you even on /v/ if you can't play video games?

I'll give you the respawning shit though, it's really antithetical to what makes metroidvanias fun
>>
>>379854229
You can stand all the way right for Soul Tyrant, most of his attacks will hit the wall and his downward smash can be easily dodged. False Knight dream fight though, fuck he's an absolute madman.
>>
File: Hollow Knight Map of Hallownest.jpg (4MB, 4183x2955px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Knight Map of Hallownest.jpg
4MB, 4183x2955px
>>379852860
>>379854202
Here you go fampai~
>>
>>379860486
Great, thanks.
>>
>>379860486
That's fucking awesome Anon, thanks.
>>
>>379860114
The Knight is pretty simple, he's just fast and hits hard. Jump over the shock waves, dash under him when he jumps. That's all there is to the fight.
>>
Sooo whats the lore for this game?
>>
>>379862301
The Sun is a disease and Gwyn used his body to seal it away but he regretted his decision and doesn't like being a door anymore
>>
>>379862301
bug god ruled over bugs, bug king was born and was all smart and was like hey fuck you bug god and made bugs smart and bug god got mad and cursed bugs with a plague
>>
>>379859516
Money becomes literally worthless halfway through the game anyway.
>>
>>379862301
The Sun is a dick
The King decided to do something about it
The King actually failed to do something about it twice
"The" Hollow Knight fails at sealing due being incomplete. Hollow Knight II succeeds in the bad ending. Good ending is epic
>>
>>379862301
In the beginning the bugs of hollownest (presumably before it existed as such) were ruled over by a deity known as the Radiance, and from we understand they existed in a very primitive, if not feral manner. Possibly even being subjugated as a hive-mind by it's overwhelming power.
At some nondescript point in the past, a great wyrm erupted from the earth which started wreaking shit up, but was eventually put down and the remains of its body cast out to the land's edge. What the purpose of the wyrm was isn't clear, perhaps it sought to challenge the Radiance through brute force and lost, but it wasn't entirely destroyed, because from its remains emerged what we know in the game as the "Pale King", who is sometimes also referred to as "the wyrm", whether this is because he was a reincarnation or spawn of the wyrm isn't clear either.
This time he took another approach to overtake Radiance, this time by doing the thing you would to kill any deity - by stealing their followers. Using his powers he gave the first bugs sentience and intelligence, who then became his loyal servants and spread his knowledge abroad. At this point in time the kingdom of Hollownest as we know it began to form. Even the moth tribe who were most devoted Radiance and were presumably their creation eventually forgot about it.
What happened next is the formation of the kingdom and the various things that happened within it, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things and I'm not going to bother explaining, except for the Pale King's relationship with Herrah, as it resulted in Hornet's birth, and that ties into the main story of HK.
>>
>>379865990
So while the plan seemed all well and good, Radiance didn't exactly take this issue lying down, and began to force its way back into the minds of the bugs of hollownest, which is what we know as the plague. The king may or may not have foreseen this, but either way his solution was to create a perfect vessel that would once and for all contain the Radiance. With the power of the void, himself and the queen, he began countless experiments, sparing no cost in creating a being that could contain the plague, which culminated into what we now know as the Hollow Knight. Even so, aside from the Hollow Knight, it seems that many vessels continued to exist in the world, or perhaps broke free after the fall of the kingdom, which also includes you the player character.
How the kingdom fell to ruin is uncertain as the palace is said to one day have simply disappeared from existence, king, subjects and all, and this is perhaps one of the reasons why Radiance began to break free from its prison again, regardless of whether or not the HK was truly a "perfect" vessel.
What happens next is the events of the game proper, but you could probably learn more just by playing it yourself, talking to everyone and reading all the flavor text.
>>
>>379865758
The Hollow Knight couldn't contain the infection because apparently to do so, one needs to be entirely hollow, as in completely devoid of emotion. It's suggested it wasn't given how it looks towards you in the flashback.

You too are not completely hollow but the sealed siblings endings implies with the void heart, you were truly hollow and could contain the infection proper. Maybe.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.