[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this game with my PS4. Is it any good? How come Sony is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

File: UnchartedTrilogy[1].jpg (610KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
UnchartedTrilogy[1].jpg
610KB, 1280x800px
I got this game with my PS4. Is it any good? How come Sony is always shilling it but /v/ never talks about it?
>>
>>379839201
They're worth a single play through, but after that you won't touch them again. They're more narrative driven, lacking depth in everything else. Fun experiences, just poor games. Plus Drake is best boy.
>>
The first one is eh

The second and third are amazing if you're looking for a game that is heavy on setpieces and scripted sequences and the gameplay equivalent of a popcorn muncher. Not too much depth, but each campaign is a well-paced jaunt through a bunch of action scenes with likeable characters and on-the-fly dialogue that takes place between characters without interrupting the gameplay.

Honestly pretty good if you're not someone who needs a super complex set of mechanics to enjoy a game. In terms of video game storytelling and characters the series is among the best.
>>
Honestly the Uncharted games have aged terribly.

They basically popularized the whole cinematic set piece thing with U2 but since then it's been done to death. Back then it was cool but now it just becomes hilariously obvious how boring the actual gameplay is.
>>
>>379839201

your enjoyment of the series is inversely proportional to how much you like video games
>>
>>379839201
Uncharted does the bare minimum mechanically. The main draw are it's set pieces and narrative. Gameplay is very simple and outclassed by many of it's contemporaries. It's certainly not a bad series, but it's something you'll maybe play once and forget about; it's like a popcorn flick in video game form.
>>
1 was bad
2 was good
3 was meh
>>
File: 1457651650350.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457651650350.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>379839201
the perfect example of sony lies
>>
>>379839201
The first one is meh
the second one is really good
the third one is good
the fourth one is really good
>>
>>379839201
>>379839478
The multiplayer is fun
>>
>>379841669
This. People saying otherwise are microsoft fanboys that want to play the game but xbox is shit and doesn't have it.
>>
>>379839603
Even Uncharted 2 is a hot mess.

>Narrative Driven
>Narrative is broken into a series of pointless flash backs and flash forwards for no reason when teh linear structure would actually work way better

>Action Setpeices
>Mostly just sitting behind cover because you're fighting literal armies

Honestly, what Uncharted needed to be was have less combat with fewer enemies, and made the encounters really memorable and really cool. They tried to do this in Uncharted 4, with the grappling hook, but it just didn't work, because they just throw too many enemies at you. Even on very easy if you run out of cover for a few seconds you're toast.
>>
>>379842416
I don't think the games are bad, but you're a fucking console warrior. Only a brain dead retard would take your opinions to heart. After the frogposters are dead, you console war fagboys are next.
>>
>>379842491
This.

The games always devolved into fighting a division of soldiers.
>>
>>379839201
Playing Uncharted 2 is worth it for Donut Drake, the rest can be ignored.
>>
>>379839201
1 is pretty mediocre/bad
2 is good
3 is fun, if not good (shooting got fucked up)
4 has way too much influence from Last of Us and no longer feels like an Uncharted game, but is still good
>>
>>379842416

I thought you could watch youtube on the xbone
>>
>>379842732
True. After all, that's what xbox users do the most: watch youtube.
>>
1 has aged pretty badly.
The other 2 are alright. Very basic third person shooters.
>>
>>379842491
>uncharted 2
>flashbacks and flashforwards
>>
>>379839201
If you like Indiana Jones style movies/ media you'll probably love it.

I have the platinum on all 4 games and I love them/ replay them yearly but I wouldn't rate any of them more than a 6/10.
>>
>>379842940
Also 3 > 4 > GA > 2 > 1

I love the arabic atmosphere and levels of 3. The OST is also a legit 10/10.
>>
>>379842940
>He replays "6/10's" yearly
>>
>>379839201
It's really fun, feels like playing motherfucking Indiana Jones. But its very normalfag tier, has no depth or anything interesting to it, you just unplug your brain and enjoy the action and eye candy. Multiplayer is alright too. Just don't expect too much from it and you should be able to enjoy yourself.

And be sure to bump up the difficulty, not that the game is easy but the AI and shooting mechanics can create some very tense moments.

If you want more substance the Last of Us is what you should play.
>>
>>379839478
This. I had fun with them, but there's just not that much to talk about them.
>>
>>379842882
Poor guy didn't play past the jungle level with Sully, looks like.
>>
>>379842882
>start "in medias res", aka a flash forward to the train, about 50-60% of the way in the game

>flash back to heist

>flash forward to avoid showing Nathan in prison

In medias res ruins the fuck out of story telling. Everytime Lazaravich shows up you know nathan's not going to die. This really irked me because it's like "oh he's going to be fine" then sure enough, shoots the camera man leaves drake around.

It's an awful way to do your game. Uncharted 4 is even worse because it's constantly flashing back.
>>
File: U4.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U4.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>379840131
i assume that is Uncharted 4, my Drake looked pretty good in game and fucking amazing in cutscenes.
>>
>>379843052
3 is awful and narratively incoherent.

2 is the undisputed best. Perfectly balanced action set pieces and popcorn serial adventure
4 is also quite good but turns into an apologizing to your wife simulator.
1 is a solid first attempt.
3 is trash. Literally just a vessel for action setpieces without any sort of competent narrative or characterization.
>>
>>379843323
>Finally! We have everything. We have drake's journal, and laurence's journal.
>And Marlow has NOTHING.
>Marlow and Talbot literally beat you to every single location
>>
>>379843074
>You can't enjoy a flawed game that for some reason you still really like
>>
>>379843534

>replaying crap instead of something good
>replaying FUCKING UNCHARTED, the game full of fake tension and segments that straight up play themselves

i dun get it
>>
>>379843074
Yeah, they're fun, I can finish them in one sitting and I genuinely enjoy the characters.

>>379843323
>incoherent
You might be a little too dumb for a video game story.

>2 is undisputed best
It's the same story beat for beat as 1, the characters don't show any sign of development, gameplay is objectively inferior to 3 and I don't think the Himalaya setting of the second part is as interesting as Rub al Khali. Also the second game drags so much after you return with Tenzin to the town.

4 is the one with a good story.

1 is ok.

3 tries to do more with its characters than 1 and 2 combined.

Also

>Uncharted 1 and 2
>characterization
don't make me laugh
>>
>>379843207
>Flash forward to avoid showing nathan in prison
that's so much of a stretch for constituting a flash forward
>>
>>379840131
why even compare promo renders to in game footage
>>
>>379843732
>REEEE STOP ENJOYING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEE
>>
File: bugs_aint_amused.jpg (11KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
bugs_aint_amused.jpg
11KB, 298x292px
>>379843734
>You might be a little too dumb for a video game story.
>doesn't even understand what characterization is
>or what "beat for beat" means

Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>379843756
Literally no reason to have nathan getting caught.

He may as well have gotten away and just met up with Sully.

Getting caught by the police was literally meaningless to uncharted 2.
>>
They are okay but WAY overhyped.

The games feel like they have been made by artists and writers who came up with set pieces and story first and then added the gameplay as an afterthought. The games are very linear and the gameplay is monotone and tedious.

There is no exploration as there is always just one clear path. The platforming requires no skill because all you have to do is point to where you want to jump and press the jump button. The character makes the jump automatically no matter how impossible it seems. From time to time a platform will be unstable so you will have a time limit for your next jump but that's not really a challenge.

For whatever reason all the villains have an entire army with them so after every step you take you have to battle like 10-20 enemies. This quickly becomes a chore as there are only few enemy types and they all can take quite a few hits.

The """puzzles""" are an insult because all you do is just follow the instructions written in your diary. Like if there are some statues you have to rotate in some direction the diary spells it out so all the puzzles are basically just legwork.

So what remains is the story. But while the motion capture and voice acting is good the story is generic and forgettable.

The set pieces are indeed great though. Very large and detailed. The music is fitting. Just feels like it's all wasted on that mediocre gameplay.

Overall I give the series a 6/10. If it wasn't for the set pieces it would be a game you would find in the bargain bin.
>>
>>379843909
Nice argument.
>>
>>379843207
Why would you ever think Nathan was going to die in the first place? Are you a fucking simpleton? It's about watching to see how he escapes, because he's literally unkillable.
>>
>>379843732
Some people replay the original Resident Evil every year despite how much the game has aged and how even at the time it arguably wasn't that great. Guess why? The answer is not nostalgia by the way.
>>
>>379843734
>3 tries to do more with the characters than 1 and 2 combined
>A literal rehash of Uncharted 2's Nathan and Elena Drama, a brief look at "Sully's old and you're going to get him killed nathan"
>>
>>379843207
Well obviously he won't die since they made 2 more games you dumb fuck
>>
>>379843914
Maybe it was to show Harry flynn was a traitor and his betrayal had legit consequences
>>
>>379843981
As substantive any discussion could be had with somebody who doesn't even understand writing enough to analyze simple action adventure serials.
>>
>>379839201
It's fucking Uncharted.

It's 6/10 game for first playthrough. And after first playthrough you simply forget about it.
>>
>>379844013

but re4 had gameplay
>>
>>379844032
>He was supposed to know this at the time of uncharted 2's release, unless he was a time traveller
the only dumb fuck is you
>>
>>379844101
the games would be pretty good if they all had the uncharted 4 gunplay from the start and they removed the climbing and replaced it with something fun
>>
>>379844000
Because it's bad story telling.

There should always be the potential for a character to die. In Red Dead Redemption I didnt expect John marston to die. But it happened.

They could've done the same thing in any of the uncharted games. It's unlikely, but possible. It just removes any tension from the scene. It's the same thing in the Order 1886 when Izzy gets her back broken. You saw her fine in the intro, so she's not going to die, so who fucking cares?

It's the worst from a story telling scenario.
>>
>>379844204
>he actually believed a video game protagonist would fucking die in the second game of the series
Name 1 game where this happened
>>
>>379844029
The young Drake and Sully chapters had more characterization than U2 and 1 combined. You're a literal retard if you think otherwise.
>>379844072
Yeah, I guess you're not qualified yet. Damn shame.
>>
>>379840131

Left is from the multiplayer, which runs in 60fps.

Pic related is a screenshot I made during singleplayer gameplay
>>
>>379844034
>had legit consequences
Clearly it didn't, because Drake got out.

The betrayal is fine. Theres nothing wrong with it. The getting caught part is pointless, because the next scene he's broken out no worse for wear.
>>
File: RE.jpg (48KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
RE.jpg
48KB, 640x639px
>>379844158
>reading comprehension
>>
>>379844305
>more than 1 and 2 combined
Counterpoint: People don't give a shit about Drake.

Drake is a vessel for one liners and an adventure. He doesn't need internal conflict or drama to be a good character.

Just like Indiana Jones. He's a fucking hat.
>>
>>379844294
Infamous 2
>>
>>379845098
>He didn't fight an entire army by himself head on.
Uh...Bond get's pretty ridiculous and does have big action and shootouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-MKdRwhHs
>>
File: 1496532776465.png (62KB, 146x195px) Image search: [Google]
1496532776465.png
62KB, 146x195px
>>379844967
The exception to the rule my boy
>>
>>379845259
Lufia 2.
>>
>>379839539
I agree and would argue the second is the best. Plus best villain, first one was okay but the 3rd was blegh and 4th was meh too.
>>
They're like Indiana Jones movies in playable form
I know /v/hates walking simulators but after finishing the games I personally like to just walk around some of the areas. It's relaxing after a hard day at work.
Nate's house in 4 is especially comfy
>>
>>379845346
>literally who game from 1995
>>
>>379845098
gameplay is non canon
>>
>>379845443
>get 2 examples
>DONT COUNT
>>
>>379845493
Your examples count but I could easily name 20 game series where the protag doesn't die in the second game so still, it happens but it's rare and you shouldn't expect it
>>
I think the gameplay, although simple, is actually quite satisfying. It's got a degree of challenge to it.
>>
>>379845590
It's not about that.

It's about tension in the scene.

If you know Nathan's going to be fine becasue you've SEEN it, there's no tension. There are tense moments in movies like James Bond or Indiana Jones where you know he's going to be fine, but the scene still has tension.
>>
>>379845708

nigga it's gears of war with worse weapons but you can roll around

and that only covers half the game at most, the other half is platforming and climbing to scripted and easy it makes gone home look hardcore
>>
>>379839201
Yeah. They're a lot of fun and improve every game. If you liked Indiana Jones or the Prince of Persia games growing up as a kid, you'll probably enjoy Uncharted.
>>
>>379845798
>There are tense moments in movies like James Bond or Indiana Jones where you know he's going to be fine, but the scene still has tension.
Well yeah and that's how I felt about Uncharted too, I guess you overanalyzed it or something?
>>
>>379846069
>uncharted
>anything like Prince of Persia

fuck you, those actually had platforming with actual hazards, not the fucking fake shit in uncharted
>>
>>379846224
No, it's not over analyzing.
>>
>>379839539
>evil russian man
>best villain
kek
Rafe was the only good one/
>>
>>379839201
>press forward on the joystick to win

uncharted 2 was alright
>>
>>379846251
I used it as comparison. Playing the game reminded me of it..im not saying their identical games.
>>
>>379846759
>Rafe
>Good
>Motivation is literally to find treasure
>When he's already rich

His motivations were easily the weakest in the series.
>>
>>379846892
Y-yeah, Lazarevich's motivations were better!
>I am bad! I want power!
kek
I fucking laughed out loud when he tried to pull the "We're not so different, you and I"
>>
>>379846892
Not him but he wasn't in it for the money. He was in it for the fame, glory, and that he was able to be successful without his family's fortune.
>>
>>379847079
All of the uncharted villains are shitty and one dimensional.
>>379847092
>muh family fortune isn't good enough for me
>I gotta find this treasure that could be at the bottom of the fucking ocean for all I know.
>>
>>379844364
Drake getting caught raises the stakes and establishes the fact that even he, a veteren treasure hunter, can be outsmarted in his own game and hammers home the idea that he is indeed amongst thieves.
Admittedly, it should've left a bigger impact on him beyond becoming briefly distrustful of Chloe, but clearly you can see where they were going with this narrative progression.
>>
>>379847357
Rafe wasn't about the money. It was about making a name for himself. Satisfying his ego and pride. He cared more about how people viewed him, as opposed to being more rich.
>>
>>379847868
>clearly you can see what they were going for
That doesn't fly. You don't get a pass because you can see what they tried to do. You either do it an succeed, or you failed.
>>
> but /v/ never talks about it?
Because everytime it's mentioned /v/irgins shitpost about it.

First game is probably the worst of the series, it was ok for it's time, but aged terribly and very repetitive shooting , but pretty difficulty if you're into that sorta thing. Play for the story on easier difficulty or just watch a youtube cutscene movie.

Second one really put the series on the map and btfo the competition for it's time. Has a more interesting story and the gameplay has been polished.

U3 was sorta a mixed bag, but I thought it was ok. Story is pretty good, and the gameplay is slightly better imo since you can finally melee without qtes and better setpieces.

Also, Drake is pure husbando material.
>>
>>379848709
nice spacing, now fuck off
>>
>>379848709

The correct answer

2>4=3>1
>>
>>379839201
Once you finish it, you put it in your closet and never touch it again, so there's not a lot to talk about.
>>
>>379848127
Your argument was that Drake getting caught had "literally no reason", that it's "literally meaningless" and "pointless", and not that it hadn't been executed well. Stop moving goalpost and admit that I've defeated your argument.
>>
Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece. Everyone should play it.
>>
>>379849292
It did have no reason.

The betrayal was Nathan's motivation. Getting locked up is inconsequential. If that whole section was removed nothing would be different.
>>
What if they made a spin-off with Drake and Sully going on adventures? With much more exploration, puzzles without handholding and without constantly throwing tons of enemies at you?
>>
>>379849634
It would be a better game.
>>
File: 8031d7f11632f1b7d033e7e9e7439611.png (797KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8031d7f11632f1b7d033e7e9e7439611.png
797KB, 864x1080px
>>379848925
>nice spacing
You jealous ?
>>
>>379839201
They are good, simple action games that clearly draw from Indy movies. You could describe them as your typical corny adventure romp and you wouldn't be wrong.
That being said, they're fun games. UC1 aged the worst though and is a little harder than the rest. UC2 has great controls and gunplay, plus some very memorable levels such as the train battle or crawling through a war-torn city. UC3 is a series of massive set pieces loosely strung together by the plot, but the gameplay is still good. And as for UC4, it's got more gameplay mechanics for sure, but it's hard to enjoy them when 70% of the game is walking simulator and cinematic cutscenes. The fucking black woman who serves as secondary antagonist routinely beats Drakes ass as if building up to a boss fight where you finally one-up her fair and square, but then the game ends and she fucks off undefeated. Everyone else on /v/ bashes UC4 for being a 'movie game', but I feel it's biggest crime is hyping up a boss fight that never comes.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.