[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay for devs to ask how to make games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 25

Is it okay for devs to ask how to make games?
>>
yes you retard
>>
>>379834790
They aren't asking how to make games though because the devs are putting all that stuff in the game. The survey is just to see what fans want to see first, so they're just using it to gauge priority to do the thing fans want the most first.
>>
This game is such a mess.
>>
>>379834790
Game took about a decade to make and its not even finished

I ask my white overlords to nuke us again since it seemed we learned nothing
>>
>>379834790
Yes, devs should be taking into account what fans want, otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>379834790
Yes it is completely ok for devs to listen to their fans. That's how you get good games.
>>
>>379835197
>sidestory content and additional playable characters
The game already has a start middle and end with the main story told and resolved, all this stuff is is side stuff or additional info.
>>
>>379834962
No it isn't.
>>
File: 1468878300532.jpg (66KB, 462x388px) Image search: [Google]
1468878300532.jpg
66KB, 462x388px
>>379834790
Absolutely.

The fans are the ones who helped the company more than others. They're the ones who helped make their games successful in the first place.

And if the company shows how much they care for their fans, the number will keep rising. So the sales will rise even higher.

Win-win for both in the long run.
>>
>>379835994
>That's how you get good games.

Then how did we get XV?
>>
>>379834790
Yes and no
>>
File: simplejack.jpg (34KB, 300x397px) Image search: [Google]
simplejack.jpg
34KB, 300x397px
>>379834790
No, the company should completely ignore and insult their fans. They should never, and mean NEVER, bother making games FOR the customers.

What could possibly go wrong?

The buyers don't matter at all, duh!

/s
>>
>>379834790
Yes, and I'd love too see all of that so I'm glad they're listening.
>>
>>379835197
Hello nippon-kun ^^
>>
>>379836216
Then how did we get such amazing updates and DLCs, with even better ones that will follow in the future?
>>
>>379836421
>such amazing updates
Like shitty limited time hunts?
I'm not pleased until it's all complete and I can assess it, I'm not sucking dick until I see if they're compotent with the new changes.
>>
>>379834790
It's not.
>>
>>379836421
>get such amazing updates and DLCs

It's all fluff, and Gladio's 45 minute DLC was shit.
>>
>>379836216
Because the devs listened and we got a great game.
>>
This is basically them admitting that they didn't have time to get this stuff in the game but it was originally planned to be.

Anyway, I voted Noctis' dissapearance because I want to see the bros life in the ten year time gap. Ifrit Betrayal and Ardyn's past are good picks too, and world of ruin.
>>
>>379834790
They could add everything on this list and it still would not be enough. These are additions to something rotten to the core.

>Gameplay needs revamping hardcore from someone competent enough to design action combat and Tabata should get no say on how it works with his awful philosophy on combat. And I mean from ground up, new animations that actually are flashy as it should be for someone who can conjure up swords from thin air, more variations and combos per weapons, more weapons slots to switch between, an aerial launch for enemies, way more warping options, the whole fucking lot.
>Need more emphasis on Aerial combat and warping around big monsters without it being a cake walk with meh animations covered up by pretty particle effects.
>Movement needs to feel more fluid.
>More weapons with unique traits, Royal Arms should flat out have way more unique assets considering how special they are supposed to be.
>Areas need more thematic diversity instead of just A desert, a forest a swamp in the corner and some planar, linear cut off sections.
>Need way more mobs to fight out in the open world.
>World needs to be smaller with more linear areas that serve as levels which are actually well constructed.
>Tenebrae should NOT be a glorified balcony and be an actual levels
>EVERY SINGLE BOSS FIGHT needs a revamp to be far more interesting, they were all pretty shit. Only cool one was maybe Ifrit for those moments you could fight him and warp battle him in the air.

>>379835197
Dev time was actual two the three years, everything before that was literally just a concept.
>>
File: XV.png (62KB, 665x320px) Image search: [Google]
XV.png
62KB, 665x320px
>>379836617
>we got a great game

Try mediocre.
>>
File: 8t7t787.jpg (2MB, 2102x1366px) Image search: [Google]
8t7t787.jpg
2MB, 2102x1366px
>>379836216
Because the devs cared we got one of the best FFs, one that they continue to support putting things in that fans want.
>>
File: really.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>379836525
>I'm not pleased
Does anything ever please you?
>>
>>379836732
Hey XV-kun
>>
>>379836421
Yeah there is some nice updates coming up like the offroad driving everyone has been requesting for months, new story scenes and general qol improvements. It's good to see devs that care as much about their game as these devs do. I mean they have no reason to even do any of these updates because the game is already out and broke even, plus making profit. So anything they are doing now is purely for the fans so it's great to see devs who actually still listen to their fans, especially for a AAA studio like on FF games.
>>
>>379836525
>ignoring all the other stuff they did

>>379836609
Gladio DLC was great, what does being 45 minutes have to do with anything? That's like average dungeon length and for the price it was it was more than worth it just for the boss fights against Gilgamesh and Cor alone.
>>
>>379836883
>It's good to see devs that care as much about their game as these devs do

Yes it's great to see how all this wasn't in the initial release, and we paid for an incomplete game.
>>
>>379836789
DOOM wasn't as bad as it seems. Wolfenstein was alright.
A Way out looks alright despite being EA shit.
OST from XV was pretty good.
So, yes.
>>
>>379836724
>metacritic somehow matters
Still trying to desperately shitpost huh

>inb4 you pretend everyone cares about metacritic because you bring up some month old thread where a handful of people discuss it
>>
File: neko gab.gif (200KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
neko gab.gif
200KB, 600x338px
>he already here

christ

>>379837015
>metacritic somehow matters

It mattered when you kept spamming threads when it initially had 86.
>>
>>379836732
Glad it was a success, my goty of 2016 personally.
>>
>people actually defending XV

christ video games really are dad
>>
>>379836724
>it's a lets pretend metacritic matters episode
>>
>>379836980
What does not being in the initial release have to do with anything? These things are improvements to the base game.

>literally crying because devs are improving the game
>>
>>379837195

Again it mattered when there were constant /v/ BTFO threads circulating before it plummeted to 81.
>>
>>379837060
But I never did that, but hey keep doing exactly what I just said you would do.

>this one fag who keeps going on about "b-but you cared when it was 86"
Are you going to post the screencaps to the two threads from months ago about that that you could find on the archive, and still accuse it of being me?
>>
>>379837060
Why are you shilling metacritic?
>>
>>379837225
>What does not being in the initial release have to do with anything?
>it's okay for video games to be released half baked

what a time to be alive
>>
>>379837172

After his fiasco this morning I wouldn't be surprised if it's XV-kun resetting his IP every few minutes.

He's ascended.
>>
>>379837225
>fuck up the base game so bad that you need to spend some years having to fix it
>base release and first impressions
Just like XIV but least the upside is that it will be a better game at least.
>>379837319
You're not a hard person to find dude.
>>
>>379836993

I thought I was gonna rant because of how entitled many users are around here, but you're a good lad.

By the way, Doom was a really good game. Multiplayer could have been better, but other than that it's great.
>>
File: IMG_20170527_204819.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_204819.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
>>379836883
This. We already got a strong base game so I'm excited for the new stuff. PC version can't come soon enough.
>>
>>379836732

Yeah, it's not like FFXV is an unfinished mess and they know they fucked it up so hard they have to complete it post-release.
>>
>>379837172
Wow maybe because people like XV or something, shocking I know.
>>
>>379834790
>Is it okay for devs to ask how to make games?
yes, it is very bad, however do not confuse it with feedback
>>
>>379837463
>entitled many users are around here
I sure hope we aren't going to go into an arguement about consumers and shit but whatever.
That's the thing DOOM had poor first impressions due to multiplayer focus but it turned out to be quite decent with the main focus of single player, I like that.
>>
File: galo.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
galo.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>379837454
>He's ascended
>>
>>379837251
>Two people made threads months ago mentioning metacritic for XV that means metacritic matters
Holy shit you're so desperate

>>379837363
Good thing it wasn't.

>>379837457
But the base game was well done and everything else is improvements, the majority already loved XV so not sure what bullshit you're trying to pull.
>>
I just don't get the appeal of this game. World itself is extremely bland. There's only one city, and it's smaller than fucking Gran Soren. Everything is a fetch quest, and the main story is just uninteresting.

It gets even worse once you leave for Altissia.

I just don't understand how anyone can like this game. It falls flat on it's face on so aspects.
>>
>>379837363
>>379837457
>it's halfbaked because I don't like it!
>>
>>379836732
>Because the devs cared we got one of the best FFs
yeah back in 1997
Square doesn't give a shit after the merger, you shit eating retard.
>>
>>379837691

No it's half-baked because they're adding shit that should have been in the base game.
>>
>>379837523
XV is a finished game with a start, middle and end that has a strong conclusion and ends the main story. Anything they are doing now is side story stuff or just additional info, and playable side characters. But hey you gotta shitpost about something because you can't deal with it being a great game.
>>
>>379837454
What fiasco?
>>
>>379837790

>>379790054
>>
>>379837646
>But the base game was well done
Now why go and try to downplay it? If the base game was well done then there wouldn't be those enjoying the game still complaining about plot, combat or content? Hence why outside of the episodes DLC we're getting so much that was mostly lampshaded or argued about?
I mean they're improving it, if it turns out good then I will be fine with that result.
>>379837790
Started an OP complaining about some prior post in a different thread about how fucking nomurafags and stunlocking.
Does he sleep?
>>
>>379834790
>playable Lunafreya
>Playable Iris

yes plz
>>
>Kings of Lucis.... Come to me!

Name a more kino moment in FF history, I challenge you.
>>
>>379836096
>development by committee
>and the fans are the committee

This won't end well.
>>
>>379837713
XV is one of the best FFs, stay in denial.
>>
>>379837682
Because the world feels large and diverse, there's a lot of different places like the dungeons to the outposts to the towns to the different areas, cool monsters and enemy ecology. No everything is not a fetch quest, the sidequests are the same exact thing as FF1-9s sidequests are, and the main story is very interesting.

And it ramps up the intensity once you leave for altissia. Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
>>379837960

Let's mosey.
>>
>>379837857
>>379837883
Holy shit
>>
>>379837643
>>379837454
>he's the true chosen warrior of light
>shitposting for 10 years will awaken his true power to remove the starscourge
>>
FFXV was a mistake. In fact, every main FF since and including XIII was a mistake.

Let FF die already. Stop raping its corpse with these abominations.
>>
>>379838004
>No everything is not a fetch quest,

Are you fucking kidding? Literally every sidequest is a fetch quest.

>And it ramps up the intensity once you leave for altissia

Yeah it ramps up being shit.
>>
>>379837789

Yeah...can you remind me when did they explained major plot points like Ifrit, the Scourge, the Meteors, and Ardyn?
>>
>>379837760
>Adding side story stuff and playable side characters
It doesn't make it half baked, the main game has its story told from start to finish with Noctis's story coming to an end, all this stuff is side story stuff or just additional info.

Do you also cry when FF7, FF8, FF10 international added in new scenes and enemies and stuff? When KH1 and KH2 and KHBBS FM added in new scenes and enemies and stuff?

>b-but those were finished
As much as XV is.
>>
>>379834790
>tfw all those things should have been in the base game

Amazing developing technique tabata
>>
File: mwee.jpg (70KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
mwee.jpg
70KB, 554x554px
>>379837789

>finished game
>>
>>379837991
I guess you hate the modding community, huh?
>>
>>379834790
Yes, Amplitude does it all the time.
>>
>>379836096
>>379836303

/thread
>>
>>379837883
>Now why go and try to downplay it?
If anyone is trying to downplay the game here it's you.

XV has one of the best realized FF worlds yet with the best animation and environments as well as models and graphics we've had in an FF, the atmosphere from just wandering around and exploring, stumbling upon dungeons off the beaten path feels great.

Also I don't even know what the fuck you are trying to argue because people complain about plot, combat and content in every single RPG ever. even for Chrono Trigger people complain.
>>
Depends on the context, and in this instance it's not okay as all of this should have been in the game itself. I'm glad they're being pro-active but it doesn't excuse releasing a half-assed game.
>>
>>379837991
Depends if they control feedback to a reasonable level and have the still have the skills to implement it reasonably.
>>379838216
What does that have to do with the level of XV's changes? Mods are by choice without much dev moderation on what mods are acceptable meanwhile you got things that pretty much will alter the game permamently.
>>
>>379838109
Nice lack of new IP. I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>379836303
>No, the company should completely ignore and insult their fans.

That's actually what they did with XIII, and it's a better game despite being a hallway.
>>
>>379838126
I was very disappointed with this desu. I know there was some notes in Zegnautus Keep in chapter 13 that explained that the scourge was basically a cloud of bacteria blocking out all light, but then I hear from the Ultimania or some shit that it was actually Ifrit who brought it to Eos after having a fallout with the other Astrals. This is why Ardyn and Ifrit are even aligned, they both hate the Astrals. This is why he is the penultimate boss!

How the fuck, I mean how the FUCK did this vital piece of plot information not make it into the main game? Why the fuck am I searching for mythril, or rescuing my car, or supposed to give a crap about a family serving the Amicitia's which were not important to the plot, when actual relevant plot points are not mentioned?

How did they focus so much on filler story content when there was legitimate plot relevant content needing to be explained?

For Tabata to give the ok on this, he is a complete fucking hack.
>>
>>379838112
>Literally every sidequest is a fetch quest
So racing Gladio on the beach is a fetch quest? Taking photo's of Cidney is a fetch quest? Helping Ignis cook is a fetch quest? So fighting a ghost painting is a fetch quest? Tracking down Behemoth to kill it and unlock chocobo's is a fetch quest? So all the sidequest dungeons are somehow fetch quests?

You don't need to lie this desperately.
>>
>>379838325
>One of the best realised worlds
>needs fixes to expand it from the base game
You're losing me here.
>Even from chrono trigger people complain
And people have the right to then, but if it's going to the point where we're getting this level of revamping this soon then it says a lot about the frequency of said complaints and the urgency for Square then.
I hope for the best with the fixes.
>>
>>379837790
He started shitposting yesterday and did it for 18 straight hours. Started a thread to bitch some more after the one he was died and then did it again a couple hours later
>>
>>379838575

Fetch quests and hunts.

Those passtime events are just bland padding.
>>
>>379838672
Did he even sleep
>>
File: cmon.jpg (35KB, 602x376px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.jpg
35KB, 602x376px
>>379838575

Those events with the crew aren't quests though.

The ghost in the painting is a hunt, not a sidequest.

The sidequests you get from NPCs are still all fetch quests.
>>
>>379838126
The meteor came down during the old astral war and Titan caught it, it was sent down by Ifrit who is called the betrayer
Ardyn tells you exactly who he is and Bahamut tells you in more detail too
The Cosmogony books scattered around inform you of who the saviour was which subverts that once you learn the savior in the books was Ardyn
From Ifrit being known as the betrayer and being said to be not fond of humans, we can already surmise why the scourge was let out
>>
>>379838732
Don't think so
He's most certainly a neet from the way he acts
>>
>>379838823

easily a NEET who gets autism bux - it's easy to get in australia
>>
Where the fuck is the bestiary Square?
>>
XV Complete on PC when?

I feel bad for the people who bought it already.
>>
>>379838619
>needs fixes to expand it from the base game
Uh what? You might want to expand on this because what does this have to do with XV being one of the best realized words?

>but if it's going to the point where we're getting this level of revamping this soon then it says a lot about the frequency of said complaints and the urgency for Square then.
First of all XV already broke even and sold well, and it also received well and had more GOTY awards than other FFs, SE have no reason to do any of these updates other than because they want to.
>>
>>379838368
>What does that have to do with the level of XV's changes? Mods are by choice without much dev moderation on what mods are acceptable meanwhile you got things that pretty much will alter the game permamently.

Mods themselves makes the games a lot better. The reason Skyrim sold millions of more copies is because of the huge modding community. Fans love games which are actually made for them.

Yes, many mods are totally stupid and gamebreaking. Which is why I'm glad the developers will have a final say of what will and will not be implemented in the game. Don't ignore that there are many mods which actually enrich the game, make the world bigger and more complex. And best of all, they make the games superior and more fun.
>>
>>379838686
So not only were you full of shit but you have no idea what a fetch quest is. Only a few of the sidequests are even fetch quests and they are all optional anyway, every single FF has fetch quests.

>>379838772
>Literally called On-Tour Quests
Yes they are.

You have a sidequest from Vyv about the ghost painting, which you can only do by taking the hunt to battle it.
>>
>>379834790

>Our game is unfinished
>But guys we will make it all better
>We have no artistic vision whatsoever though so we can add whatever you want!!! Just pick one and only one!

Also, this "games as a service" idea is fucking retarded if it's a singleplayer game. Most people will get through it and forget about it.
>>
>>379838810
>The meteor came down during the old astral war and Titan caught it, it was sent down by Ifrit who is called the betrayer

This is never explained ingame

>Ardyn tells you exactly who he is and Bahamut tells you in more detail too

Ok my bad, I was refering to Ardyn plotting with Ifrit. Never explained ingame.

>The Cosmogony books scattered around inform you of who the saviour was which subverts that once you learn the savior in the books was Ardyn

Oh those little books scattered acros the whole fucking planet that gives you 4 lines of non-sensical info with no context?

>From Ifrit being known as the betrayer and being said to be not fond of humans, we can already surmise why the scourge was let out

And how many youtube videos of pitioss and how many reddit threads did you need to understand all this?

I'll tell you a thing, if I have to surf the whole fucking web so some autist that played a 60h games more than 500h studying every damn pixel explains me that he found clues about a hidden story behind the non-story of the game that means the game is fucking shit storytelling wise. Ifrit, the scourge and Ifrit x Ardyn were the major plot points of the game and they are never talked about ingame, or explained ingame, or told anything ingame.
>>
>>379838449
The only reason you think XIII's better is because because your waifu is in it.
>>
>>379839175
>Yes they are.

They're not quests, they're events. Running on a beach in the morning is not a quest.
>>
>>379839180
>>We have no artistic vision whatsoever though so we can add whatever you want!!! Just pick one and only one!

But they are adding in all that stuff and all the survey is for is to see what fans want to see first.

See >>379838159
>>
>>379839196
EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED INGAME
>>
>>379839229

I actually don't give two fucks about Lightning. I just think XIII's combat is much better than XV's.
>>
>>379838993
And I feel bad for people with your mentality of thinking.

If no one bought FFXV already, then there would never be a PC release. You would bitch about no one making games, and then you'd beg for consoles to return.
>>
>>379839347
>turn based combat is better

Get off my board grandpa
>>
>>379839313

WHERE? Where did they explain Ifrit unleashed the scourge across the planet? Where did they explain Ardyn was just Ifrit's PAWN? What 99,99% of players got was a rushed clusterfuck from ch.9 to 13, suddently nonsensical Ifrit battle, Ardyn Battle, and final boss Killed by CGI. No story, no explanation.

>B-but muh pitioss cavern

Fuck you, random statues on an optional POSTGAME dungeon is not the way to explain major plot points of a game you just finished.
>>
>>379839196
>This is never explained ingame
Yes it is. During chapter 4 you learn that while you're driving on your way to TItan. Ifrit is called the Betrayer/fickle as fire in the Cosmogony book too you can find at Galdin quay as early as chapter 1.

>Never explained ingame.
From that you can already guess, because ifrit is the betrayer/fickle as fire, we know at that point that Ardyn is was a chosen king, and we know that only those of royalty can summon, so it is not out of left field to see that Ifrit had sided with Ardyn, while the other 5 astrals had sided with Noctis.

>Oh those little books scattered acros the whole fucking planet that gives you 4 lines of non-sensical info with no context?
But they all give you important lore info pertaining to the world with explicit context about what they are pertaining to, but hey keep desperately try to downplay that because you didn't explore the world or read them.

>And how many youtube videos of pitioss and how many reddit threads did you need to understand all this?
None, all of that can be surmised from teh game alone. We already know Ifrit is the betrayer and Ardyn literally says he's not fond of humans, plus you can just see from how Ifrit acts alone like when he's sitting on his throne like he doesn't give a shit about Noctis, then holds Noctis and tosses him aside like he's rubbish, all gives you more than enough context to see how Ifrit feels about humans.

Just because it wasn't done is massive detail doesn't mean it wasn't there. All they are doing now is adding in more details for those things.
>>
>>379836303
lol

Nice post.
Sadly is wath they completly do every fucking time.
>>
>>379838449
>and it's a better game despite being a hallway.
It isn't even remotely in any capacity.
>>
>>379839136
Yeah but this is simply asking what do people want them to work on first. The mods themselves won't detract from the base game, which people are mostly concerned about if things include story events.
I get your point, but I still disagree at some level.
plus Tabata has interest in modding tools if XV comes onto the PC platform anyway.
>>379839670
And people eat their shit gladly in cases of AAA, it's a cycle.
>>
>>379839538

Better than XV'x combat which is centered around a parry prompt.
>>
>>379839616
You know stuff you're saying aren't even that important to understanding the main story, you already know that Ardyn is now the current source of the scourge which he got from taking in all the daemons 2000 years ago.

Asking minute details like that is like asking "why did Jenova want to blow up Gaia specifically", which is never explained in FF7 or any FF7 material.
>>
Message for XV-kun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-p-l8pYQH0
>>
>>379834790
I wish I could somehow round up all the people who whined that Square "didn't listen enough" and force them to defend themselves now.
>>
>>379839872
No it isn't. You have control over what you do in FFXV, while you just do autobattle everything in FF13
>>
>>379840003
Jenova didn't want to blow up Gaia specifically you tard, She was a force of nature that flew through space destroying planets as she passed them. This is all definitely explained thoroughly ingame from the temple of the ancients onward.
>>
>>379840180

Is this supposed to look impressive?

You have as much control over your party in XIII as you do in XV, but XIII's combat is actually engaging.
>>
>>379834790
Not when the shit isnt even fucking finished
>>
>>379840291
Yet that is at odds with what Jenova actually is shown to be, so no. Why didn't she destroy the other planets right next to Gaia? Saying Jenova is a force of nature is a copout, she's shown being sentient
>>
>>379840168
They didn't because they have to ask another survey to gague people's opinions on what to fix? :^)
>>
>>379839664

So it all depends on tinny pieces of little info scattered across a giant world. Pieces that maybe you find with more than 100 hours of diference or maybe you don't find so players will end the game withouth any kind of context of what's happening.

Yeah, it was all in the game. But never explained ingame. This is Final Fantasy not Dark Souls. There's a reason why they are adding it now, because it was bad, real bad.

>>379840003

You are right, but the main story felt so poor and bad paced.

>Noctis you have to find all the Royal weapons
>Oh you already have 6 of them? FORGET ABOUT THE WEAPONS!! Summons are the new shit! Go get all them
>Obligatory reminder of DAT RAMUH TRIAL about searching 3 fucking trees
>"Oh you got 3 summons? FORGET ABOUT THE REST TOO! Now you have to avenge Jared, this random Old man nobody gives a fuck about.
>Oh finally we are visiting the empire. But there's no empire, no imperials, no emperor, no generals, nothing of the content they have been showing us in trailers for the last 10 years.
>Reminder that the emperor was a random demon you killed on Ch.13
>Prompto suddently "Hey Noct I was born here" as if it was some major shit or we gave a fuck.
>10 years timeskip
>Reach home
>Suddently Ifrit, because of no reasons.
>Ardyn battle
>Ardyn dies on CGI withouth the usual "not even my final form" of every FF game.
>The end.

Add LOADS AND LOADS of "Feed the kitty", "search for tomatoes" and "Take pics for the fat guy of Lost" between every plot point and you have the mess that is this game.
>>
>>379840180

I can't that sort of auto-aim automatically glide to the enemy shit in this game.
>>
>>379840292
No that is simply just basic combat.

You have less control of your party in 13 than anything in XV, and XV is far more engaging because you have direct control over everything you do because you can actaully move in battle, attack, jump, dodge, warp and block in real time. While in FF13 you just pick a word then watch the cutscene play out for every single input you make, and all you would do is autobattle because that's the most effecient way to play. You also can't give commands to your other party members in combat in FF13, while in XV you can.

>>379840673
>autoaim
You mean lockon which works the same way as the lockon in nier automata and KH0.2?
>>
Depends. Plenty of games have been ruined because the devs listened to their retarded playerbase instead of adhering to their original vision.
Other times the devs are so incompetent it's almost like they don't even play the game they are developing.

Basically: you can't win, because the worst option will always happen no matter what.
>>
>>379834790

As much as a turd as the base game is, I can appreciate that they're actually trying to improve upon it.
>>
>>379840528
>Yet that is at odds with what Jenova actually is shown to be
And what exactly is that?

>she's shown being sentient
She's sentient but she's about as intelligent as a parrot. She's pure instinct, more like the starscourge with the ability to speak.

>Why didn't she destroy the other planets right next to Gaia
She destroys planets with life on them, if Gaia is supposed to be earth which Sephiroth's super nova showed to be true then she didn't really have much options nearby.
>>
>>379836732
The only people happy about XV are shareholders. Maybe you're one XVkun
>>
>>379838325
The plot is always nonsensical japanese nonsense. XV is the first FF with a full boyband line up of homos.

It is like final fantasy was taken over at some point by obese homo loving fanfiction writing women.

It is blindingly gay.
wandering around and exploring, stumbling upon dungeons off the beaten path with your boyband feels great. to you.
>>
>>379841006
>XV is the first FF with a full boyband line up of homos.
As opposed to lesbian jpop group in x-2
>>
>>379837484
>>379836883
If Naivety had mass these two posts would swallow the earth I share with you two troglodytes.
>>
>>379836883
>>379837225
>>379837484
These additions are small and are band aids to a bad game, to quote one post earlier this game is rotten to the core. I fucking hate customers like you who think its okay to be served what is essentially a big Luminous Engine Tech Demo, and because of that Square gets a pass on cutting this game short on time, money and talent because they know morons like you exist that would buy it regardless of all the cuts with the worst complaint being "Non the less, despite all the cuts its alright". People like you are literally, not figuratively, literally, the what makes this medium ever more shittier.
>>
>>379840654
>So it all depends on tinny pieces of little info scattered across a giant world.
Why do you keep trying to downplay them as "tinny"? Just because they are text passages scattered around doesn't mean they don't inform you of the greater scheme of things and the lore in the world. It's entirely up to the player to find it so if you didn't find it it's your fault for not going off to find them, and it's not like they are even hard to find since they all show up in areas with NPCs around.

Basically you just want cutscenes instead of being able to understand what happened through inferral of the lore and history and through regular conversation.

And no the main story didn't feel any more "poor" than FF7s story did.

>Cloud you have to find Sephiroth
>Oh don't worry here's some random cross dressing minigame
>Oh don't worry just go ride chocobos and play minigames
>Oh don't worry about that giant meteor in teh sky just go play snowboarding
>Jump up on this dolphin for some reason
>Oh so shinra isn't the bad guys but they are but they aren't
>Oh and shinra is dead
>none of the summons even matter to the story
>Tifa suddenly cares about Cloud even though they weren't even friends
>Cloud thinks he's Zack because that's how mako poisoning works for no explained reason
>Cloud was put in mako for 5 years for no reason
>Cloud could somehow beat Sephiroth when just a grunt for no explained reason
>But he struggles to beat him when full power
>Sephiroth is suddenly one winged angel but he has 7 wings for some reason
>fast forward 500 years with the ending left open to your interpretation

But apparently there being 2 "feed the cat" quests like 8 chapters appart is a bad thing, even more so when those type of quest are a JRPG staple. Never mind that FF7 has fetch quests too.
>>
>>379837960
you spoony bard
>>
File: 152614256.jpg (5KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
152614256.jpg
5KB, 199x200px
>>379837484
>a strong base game
>>
>>379840998
>And what exactly is that?
A humanoid alien, not a "force of nature"

Again where is that even explained in FF7 that Jenova is just instinct? Telephatic communication and shapeshifting is far more that just instinct.

And where is it explained that there isn't any other nearby planets with life on them?
>>
>>379837857

good fucking lord
>>
>>379841006
So you havn't actually played FFXV is what I'm getting from your post.

Literally gay is Cloud getting in a bathtub with other naked men.
>>
>>379836724
So it's better than ARMS?
>>
>>379841330
That's a nice lack of a new IP you have there. I wonder who could be behind that post.
>>
>>379841478
No, the game is fantastic and is a strong base to build upon further. XV on Luminous both looks better and performs better on console than any UE4 open world game, it also looks and handles better on console than W3 does too. People like you who are triggered by great games ad actual improvements to the franchise are what make the medium shittier. From the way you talk I doubt you've even touched XV.
>>
File: hurrdurr.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurr.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>379842224
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV_20161204194440.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV_20161204194440.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>379841764
Yes. It does.
>>
>>379842296
See what I mean?
>>
>>379841000
Gotta recoup that loss
>>
File: 1489764830122.jpg (245KB, 1200x707px) Image search: [Google]
1489764830122.jpg
245KB, 1200x707px
>>379834790
I don't think so.

Games should be created by visionaries with a strong idea of what they want to make already in hand.
Fans should naturally arrive at the games they are interested in.

I've seen a lot of games and series go to shit because the developers or publishers listened to what the fans think they wanted.
>>
>>379842438
What does this image prove? Nice Graphics?

In that fight your entire fucking team dies and you get bored of the same aerial combos you consistently do unless youre an insufferable XV defender. .
>>
>>379834790
Does the playable characters mean we'd get a story DLC of them or they'll just simply add them in the multiplayer?
>>
>>379842131
Nice lack of ability to see shit games made by a director who thought going on road trips and eating food enriched a game that originally showcased a dark setting and better combat.
>>
>>379843204
Road trips were a thing since versus
>>
>>379842224
Want to have another argument with an animator XVkun? Whats it like knowing a website dedicated to studying game mechanics went through FFXV and the author titled it "Why FFXV is not good for an action game."
>>
>>379843031
That it has a strong base because that is a good dungeon with solid visuals, and it's part of a larger who of a good looking world with good animation, monster design, presetation, combat, music, characters and more.

If it wasn't a strong base then people wouldn't be begging for more of Aranea or Cor or Ardyn en masse. If no one cared then no one would even be asking SE for those things yet we already know countless people do.
>>
>>379843624
>good dungeon

subjective
>>
>>379843204
The roadtrip has been there since Versus, and Versus isn't any darker than what XV is. Unless you watch to show me something in Versus darker than Ardyn hanging the dead rotting bodies of Noctis's dad and fiance from the ceiling?

Or are you going to just say because Noctis stabbed that one faceless soldier in the 2006 trailer, who by the way were already changed to being magitek troops by 2011, is somehow dark?
>>
>>379843423
I want to see some dude with experience working on action games argue with him, see how that would go with it or how hard would he sperg
>>
>>379843423
Just so you know I am an animator, and I have explained multiple times how XV is good for an ARPG.
>>
>>379834790
depends on the game & company

but this is fucking Final Fantasy and this title was in development for about 10 years. Shit like this is inexcusable for XV
>>
>>379843887
Only 3 years with this current dev team, engine and budget. Nomura is the one who wasted 7 years.
>>
>>379843330
I am talking about the actual team themselves, there are documentaries based on XV's ingame driving and Tabata driving IRL and going on pointless road trips with the team.
>>
>>379843974
>Only 3 years with this current dev team

but 10 years overall
>>
>>379843974
And they couldn't even make a good gameplay system.
Least aspects are getting fixed.
>>
>>379844007
You know that is called real world research which good animation teams and devs should be doing right? Disney do that for almost all of their movies going on research trips to actually have a grounded basis to expanded upon.

Those trips they took were to study animals and animal behavior, to study military bases, to study caves and nature, to create photogrammetry based assets. I'm not sure you know how game development works.

>>379844152
Saying it's 10 years is unfair to the actually current devs who have only been on it for 3.

>>379844214
The gameplay is good.
>>
>>379843974
>3 years
2012-2016 is not 3 years
>Nomura is the one who wasted 7 years.
More like 3. The first year no work could be done at all as crystal tools wasn't finished and then everyone important had to finish xiii. mid-late 2009 to mid 2012 is all nomura
>>
File: 1385877693701.jpg (138KB, 665x694px) Image search: [Google]
1385877693701.jpg
138KB, 665x694px
>should we add this stuff that was supposed to be in the game in the beginning?
>>
>>379843624
>good animation
Im studying game design, maybe you don't know a lot about animation but these are not good, they are jumpy, eratic, too fast at certain points, too slow on most points and are all unresponsive due to inputs being reliant to holding down a button. Use the spear and see how miserable it is to use that thing full combo

>Monster Design
I agree, wish there were more.

>presentation
A pointless weasel word that means virtually nothing, clarify "presentation" otherwise you're just making your list of pros artificially lengthy.

>combat
Holding down combat is not good, I cannot be bothered to list them all here since I will be here all day so I will just link this. These are ALL objective. factual, short comings with this game and these only touch upon 1/3 of my issues I see with this game since I live for action combat.

>music
I agree.

>Characters
Some of them are, but a lot are INCREDIBLY under developed

>More
Another pointless platitude

No one asked to Play as Aranea, Cor, Ardyn, maybe have them in your team but why the fuck would anyone want to play as characters that are CONCEPTUALLY BY DESIGN worse or similar to Noctis? I would rather them expand gameplay instead of making another shitty Episode Glad.
>>
>>379844332
>2012-2016 is not 3 years
Tabata took over as director in December 2013 and that is when SE restructured the entire company to form the business divisions.

>More like 3.
No 7. He could have at least gotten plot and characters done in the first year, yet the first time we ever heard anything of Versus's story having a finished draft for a script was in 2010.
>>
File: Joe Rogain.jpg (172KB, 819x683px) Image search: [Google]
Joe Rogain.jpg
172KB, 819x683px
>>379844618

>should this stuff been in the base game to begin with?
>>
File: 1482384697392.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482384697392.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>379837857
Imagine being this autistic. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>379844626
>Im studying game design, maybe you don't know a lot about animation but these are not good
I know a lot about animation because I've been studying it for years. And these are fantastic, fluid and some of the best blended animations in any 3D game to date, especially one on the scale of XV. They feel responsive, they have weight behind them, there is clear buildup, anticipation and follow through, button holding has no bearing on it because the attack is done through pressing attack button, all holding does is repeat the input for the duration you hold it.

>A pointless weasel word that means virtually nothing
No it means how the world is presented and shown, which someone who claims to know about game design you should know about.

>Holding down combat is not good
Then don't fucking hold down a button, tap instead because you are better off doing that because you can get manual finishers that way, plus directional inputs, aerial combat, warps and warpstrikes, dodges, blocks, counters, etc Nothing you have said is objective, and you've shown you fail to understand anything about the game just from the fact that you honestly think you only hold down a button and nothing else.

>No one asked to Play as Aranea, Cor, Ardyn
You must either be new or not use any sites that have game discussion, because literally sincce it was released people have been saying they want to play as Aranea, Cor, Ardyn, etc. People want to play as them because they all have their own individual elements to them, and someone like Ardyn can do everything Noctis can do and more.
>>
>>379844636
And 2012 is when it became xv, it got the type-0 team and lumionus teams, started making it's transition to the lumionus engine, and tabata was brought in to get xv out the door
>No 7
>He could have at least gotten plot and characters done in the first year
You seem to have this misconception that versus was a high priority title at the time
>>
FFXV-kun will be here all day.
>>
>>379843885
Post your animations. Holy shit XVkun you are such a disgusting, disingenuous liar, this is a new low.
>>
>the amount of same fagging in this fucking threat
Holy fuck, go see the doctor, you psycho.
>>
>>379843624

The base was ok. What fills the base is what sucks.
>>
>>379845251
>arguing with the nigga who argued over the definition of canned animations
I'm interested, if he is an animatior, is he a shitty freelancer who barely gets work, hence why he is on here 24/7?
>>
>>379845210
Yes I know that, but it was still under Nomura's management until December 2013, which is when the entire company was reshuffled and it was a proper new starting point for XV onwards.

>You seem to have this misconception that versus was a high priority title at the time
No, it wasn't but it should have been. It wasn't any more "priotiy" in 2010 than it was in 2006 so why did it take 4 years for Nomura and Nojima to even get a 1st draft script? I mean that's just words on paper too.
>>
>>379843885
Are you going to talk again on how the animations are better than Nier Automata a somehow better game with a smaller budget and dev team?

Tell me what is the base software used for XV's animations?
>>
>>379845510
>No, it wasn't but it should have been
I agree. Blame square for not thinking things through when they announced the FNC project
>so why did it take 4 years for Nomura and Nojima to even get a 1st draft script?
Like I said it wasn't a priority and square let nomura work on a bunch of different titles when they should have said: Focus on this title
>>
File: KyoAni.png (27KB, 642x1083px) Image search: [Google]
KyoAni.png
27KB, 642x1083px
is there an XV-kun version of this
>>
>>379845072
Link me three links where people unanimously are calling to play as Aranea, Cor and Ardyn. Ill wait you insufferable cunt.
>>
>>379845251
It's all 2D animation work and most of them are still in animatic format.

>>379845536
I don't think you understand how 3D animations work, you can use Maya or in engine software to create your animations. XV also has cloth simulation and all the stuff to do with the hair, enemy muscle movements, IK, blending, weather effects etc. Look at automata's enemis which are robots, tell me how that's somehow required more animation than something like the Behemoth or Iron Giant in XV.
>>
>>379846558
>It's all 2D animation work and most of them are still in animatic format.
Not even comparable at this point.
Might as well show the storyboards then.
>>
>>379846554
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5i0vpm/anyone_else_want_to_play_as_aranea_and_cor_maybe/
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/867726960868413441
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1379280
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/378204721/#378205197
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/365915521/#365918018
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/362943028/#362946529
>>
>>379846558
I love whenever someone talks about automata with you, you instantly jump on Automata's shitty enemies. We are talking about the characters you play as and their animations compared to Noctis. Also what in that post indicated I know or don't know how animations work?

And who cares about all those little details in animations when they cannot even get swinging a sword to look or feel right with Noctis taking these Long strides.

Also post your work. I want to see how little you know how to animate.
>>
>>379846709

hmm
>>
Did xv-kun even go to bed? It's been over 24 hours now
>>
File: M1.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
M1.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
>>379846715
here is one part of an animatic for a scrapped thing I did a few years ago.
>>
>>379847068
You understand how basic critical fucking thinking works right XVkun. The main premise relies on posts asking to play as these Characters BEFORE the survey since we are talking about why the survey options for them even exist. The only one that was before the survey was the fucking sub-reddit post, the biggest hugbox platform for this game that exists outside of the comment section of tumblr gif posts, and only three people in that post considered it, given the score and upvotes it has this is not a crying cause that people desperately wanted in this game.

Jesus christ do a debate class or something.
>>
>>379847210
Why am I not allowed to point out how simple the animation in the enemies in automata is compared to XV, when the subject is animation? Even talking about character movement I failt to see how 2B has better animation than Noctis, her blending isn't as good as Noctis's is, for 2B everything feels more choppy. Noctis's swinging sword animations feel right and are good so I don't know what the fuck you're on about.
>>
>>379847876
You know there is countless twitter posts directly to SE on any of their random posts they make saying "make luna playable" "make aranea playable" ," give us more cor" "give us more ardyn" etc. Countless forum posts in discussions here, on reddit, neogaf, gamefaqs and wherever the fuck else saying how people want to have all the things, and the reason why SE are even doing these specific things is because they've heard the fans requesting them so much. There has been interviews where they've even stated that they've been getting a lot of demand for stuff like Aranea, Ardyn and Luna DLC

How about you do your part and post proof of people somehow saying they don't want to play as those characters?
>>
>>379847732
He has transcended such mortal desires
>>
>>379847927
>I failt to see how 2B has better animation than Noctis

These kinds of people must be biologically engineered. There is no way something like you is naturally created from Human beings that were capable of attracting to one another.
>>
>>379848459
Seriously you must be blind or something. Just go and look at how 2B does sword attacks in the air, like she does multiple swings in a row yet none of them have any momentum behind them, it's like she swings and comes to a stop, but then swings a gain with no buildup or anything, it just looks jarring, while using aerial combat for Noctis in XV looks really smooth and fluid, even more so because of how well airsteps are blended.
>>
>>379847927
What the fuck does "Blending" mean to you exactly? The unnecessary amount of drag and swing frames before an attack connects?

Also you understand you are taking Squares in house team and saying they are better than platinum. Platinum, a company definitive known for action combat animations who literally hire out their staff members via contract to work on games all the fucking time? Even ones that are not even co developed by platinum.
>>
>>379848629
Im curious how do people like you exist?
>>
>>379847748
So you ever completed an animation before, or is it as unfinished as FFXV
You've also gotten me interested, you did any illustrations or drawn something before? You have any prior learning in animation or you self taught?
>>
>>379848180
So basically you're full of shit because you have gone blisteringly full retard and asked me to prove a negative.
>>
File: XVPS4_duscae.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
XVPS4_duscae.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379848652
See here for example, there is 4 different walking animations being blended seamlessly here for Noctis depending on the incline he's walking on and the degree to how fast you're actually walking from pushing the L stick, it all has perfect blended that feels consistent, smooth and fluid. Now that's just for walking animations, factor in how attack animations and whatever else all factor in those things, for different weapons too.

And I don't know why you are dicksucking Platinum when they put shit out like Korra, TMNT and the Transformers game. SE have the best animators in the industry for 3D.

>>379848785
I noticed you didn't make an argument and just crawled up in a little ball there.
>>
File: chara3.png (3MB, 4336x2555px) Image search: [Google]
chara3.png
3MB, 4336x2555px
>>379848821
I have some but they are from even earlier, I havn't done much animation recently, mainly just drawing.

Pic related was the three characters I did a few years ago for the scrapped animation for this >>379847748
>>
>>379848924
So you ignored proof then moved your goalposts and now you can't back up your own assertion.
>>
>>379849142
Because I cannot argue with you anymore. You go beyond my comprehension.
>>
>>379834790
>FFXV is literally early access except you paid fulll price for it
>>
>>379849771
See >>379834923

No it isn't.
>>
>>379849995
Just a question, did you even go to sleep?
>>
>>379849394
Again how did you learn? Self taught?
So how long have you been doing animation or at least interest then?
Do you not mind showing your best work then?
How long was this scrapped animation from? what year?
You ever publish things on newgrounds as an animator at one point then?

>>379849538
It's not comprehension, it's just trying to stop every arguement with "no you or not an arguement" with any point anyone brings up.
>>
>>379836947
>Gladio DLC was great,

no it wasn't, should've been part of the base game and FREE, fucking jews I bet they'll make playable aranea a 5$ DLC and get away with it because you are all cucks starved for pussy
>>
>>379834790
Not if you do it the indie way, which is releasing a barebones early access title and then just adding in stuff that the players talk about on forums. Doing that just means you had no original vision to begin with and are in it for the money. The best you can achieve is mediocrity.

It's a bit concerning that big name devs are doing something similar.
>>
>>379850117
I've been drawing since I was a kid, self taught, anyone can draw. Been doing animation since my teens when I discovered flash.
My animations are all old and shitty, but I've been studying animation in more detail in the recent years rather than making them, most of what I've done recently is just drawings.
These scrapped animations were things from uni.
I used newgrounds but never submitted anything there.
>>
>>379849481
What was the proof sorry? Because I debunked the links you gave then you said "Just go look on twitter" and asked me to prove a negative.
>>
>>379836421
Jesus Christ XV-kun, this is getting pathetic. What would your mother think of this behavior?
>>
>>379849394
I remember when I was 15 I would draw and say shitty work I did recently was work I made 3 years ago when it was like an hour before the upload. Given how pathetic you tend to be I would not put that past you.
>>
File: KH3 launch.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KH3 launch.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>KH3 has launchers
>FFXV doesn't
How does this happen?
>>
>>379850732
>debunked
>moving goalposts is debunking now
You didn't do shit, you ignored the links I posted showing people saying they want to play as Aranea, Cor, Ardyn etc. Meanwhile you can't even back up your own statement, not to mention the reason why these things are being propsed as things they are gonna is because so many fans have been asking SE for this stuff. Just after the game was out there was a written survey people took saying what they liked and didn't like in them, and in that was a space where people could write things they want to see added to the game. So tell me, what the fuck do you think people wrote in that space asking SE for things?

Even just here you can see people saying stuff they asked SE to put in.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343228
>>
>>379850923
That is from a scrapped animation I was doing in 2014.

>>379850974
No one cares.
>>
>>379850974
Neat
>>
>>379836698
This. At it's very core, the combat is interesting, but it's not fleshed out properly. The animations can look good but the controls are poor even after you become acclimated and there is no uniqueness to any weapons. It's a real shame, but that's the biggest thing that needs to be fixed. The plot can come after.
>>
>>379850974
Why would it need them when enemies get vulnerable on the ground anyway? Not everything needs launchers.
>>
>>379850610
>anyone can draw
Well yeah, but can everyone draw well? The whole hard work v talent meme.
So your uni course was related to animation? You graduated then?
So what have you worked on recently then as in last two years? I'd be surprised if you have worked on something recently, but whatever.
You ever thought of drawfaggin then on this site? You ever thought of doing commissions to get money then?
>>
>>379851748
I draw whatever I feel like, sometimes fanart, sometimes lifedrawing for practice. Some people are naturally talented, lots of the people in my course were better drawers than me but lots were also not as good as me, it's really an individual thing.
I did commission stuff a while ago, even did that Stella r34 pic back then, not recently. I've been studying Japanese recently.
>>
File: kub.jpg (61KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
kub.jpg
61KB, 850x400px
>>
In related news it seems FFXV is getting a manga adaption

https://twitter.com/obidamaxgoof/status/873785657973284865

I wonder if it will be like the FF12 or KH manga.
>>
>>379849142
>talk about combat animations
>links walking webm.

Brilliant
>>
>>379853308
That guy was asking about animation blending and I told him what it was by showing a webm that blends four different walking animations for Noctis seamlessly.
>>
>>379853280
THe KH manga is pretty good. But i don' really have muhc hope for XV media, the movie was rather bad except for one scene, the anime was kinda forgetable and i didn't even listen to the drama cds
>>
>>379849142
"Guys look at the animation, there are FOUR layers of walking to captivate even the most miserable aspects or realism, GOTYAY"

Movement in a game where there are different speed dependent on what terrain you are on is miserable, consistency in this game is fucking awful.
>>
>>379834790
devs already do this whether they ask you or not. they look at trophy/achievement history for all players of their game and base feedback off what players accomplished and what they didn't accomplished. if more players cleared X content than Y content, then the sequel will focus more on X content.
>>
>>379853534
The movie's strongest parts where the intro scene in Tenerbae invasion, the stuff with Regis and the part where the kings are summoned and wreck shit. The anime was more of an SOL thing, the drama CD just has Noctis packing up his things before leaving.

Whatever the manga is it would most likely be an adaption of the overall story including the games story, rather what the other things were.
>>
Could someone point me to where's the character growth happen in XV?
I'm not seeing it or it just happen so fast.
>>
>>379853690
Maybe you failed to read or understand what is happening, the speed is affected by how fast you yourself decide to walk, depending on how fast you walk you get faster animations, walking slow on an incline has slow walk, walking fast on incline has fast wast, and so on.
>>
>>379853879
During the game with there being a few turning points during chapter 10-14.
>>
>>379853468
Go fuck yourself. I am reading down it now and it specifically is in reference to combat, which is shit in this game btw. 2B handles Noctis' own sword better than what he does.
>>
>>379853879
There isn't any. It all happens in outside sources of the game like the movie and anime. Amazing design.
>>
>>379834790
>You are now aware this is all cut content

That being said, i'm interested in Ardyn's history and the line of lucis, even if they're all dicks.
>>
>>379854084
That guy literally asked me what animation blending is and I told him. The combat in XV is great and the animation is much better than what's in automata, Noctis handles swords better than her, while she flails around more.
>>
>>379854110
There is, see >>379854067
>>
>>379849142
Explain why they fucked up the walking up stairs animation then if they spent so much time on it.

It's pretty jarring.
>>
>>379854921
what do you mean? They have different walking up stairs animations depending on if you're running, brisk walking or sprinting
>>
>>379855117
Ehh it's pretty minor

But these guys are nimble acrobats but when you hit a set of stairs it looks like they are about to trip and hit their face on the floor
>>
>>379854536
>the combat in XV is great and the animation is much better than what's in automata

I can pretty much assume eery hack and slash fan out there would disagree with this comment, and I am way more willing to judge some of the comments I have already seen from then than what I am someone who took a uni course in art who doesn't seem to be very good at it and has defended this game almost every day on 4chan for at LEAST 7 hours a day. .
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.