[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game made for children >less handholding than the witcher 3 hmm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (254KB, 1179x622px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
254KB, 1179x622px
>game made for children
>less handholding than the witcher 3
hmm
>>
BumparooniMcNiggee
>>
>>379831546
It's so simple that it doesn't need hand holding.
>>
>>379831857
this

worst zelda
>>
>>379831927
Like the other Zeldas are less simple?? There are like, 900 game mechanics that the game will literally never fucking tell you about.
>>
File: wrektttt.jpg (79KB, 682x197px) Image search: [Google]
wrektttt.jpg
79KB, 682x197px
nintendo always wins baby
>>
>>379832401
Man I fucking loved BotW, but 97? Thats a bit too high imo. It was a solid 9/10 game that could have been much better with more enemies, less weapon aids, more temples and more creative shrine design. Its a near 10/10 game if you only play for like 5 hours and shit out your review.
>>
>>379831857
Witcher 3 literally shows you the path to the next objective AT ALL TIMES, your eyes are glued to the minimap, once you reach the objective you activate witcher senses and look for red glowy stuff, then you deal with the worst melee combat in any modern RPG ever. Literally auto-pilot: the game.

Meanwhile, while Zelda does have quest markers, it doesn't guide your way to the next objective like witcher does, you need to find your own path, climbing towers also doesn't reveal literally every sideqest and secret like Ubisoft games, you need to explore the world yourself.

Puzzles aren't highlighted by some stupid witchervision-esque thing, while the puzzles aren't hard to figure out they are still miles ahead of any of the bullshit Witcher pulls.

There are dozens of game mechanics which are never explained and up to the player to find out, depending on where you go there can be enemies that one hit you in the first hour of the game, it's literally the least casual open world game made this decade.
>>
>>379832719
>worst melee combat

have you even played the game? its much better than zeldas
>>
>>379832784
Yes, it felt floaty, unresponsive and shit all around, this isn't something controversial.
>>
>>379832848
Nah the combat itself is fine imo. Its just too easily broken.

I currently replay the GOTY edition for Witcher 3 and I honestly use nothing else besides Igni in most fights. It damages enemies, burns and stuns them and kills them faster than my sword. There is no reason to use the sword for any enemy that can burn.
>>
>>379832719
I haven't played BotW but I like the fact that it does all of this and players' feedback on it is positive. It can only mean good things since devs can now be rest assured that even console players aren't as dumb and simple as they thought and can actually handle a game that doesn't need constant hand-holding.

This is by no means a rap against Witcher 3 either, I love that game to death and it did what it set out to do (let you play as a witcher, taking on contracts and carrying them out in an open world) very well. But it did simplify the alchemy and combat a little too much for my comfort and it's a good thing there are mods now that manage to salvage them somewhat. Both games have high production values and definitely set a higher standard for what to expect in an open world game; Zelda allowed for a lot of gameplay mechanics to complement each other very well along with pretty nifty physics and material simulation and Witcher 3 brought a shitton of meaningful content to a standard open world formula, proving that you don't need necessarily need to sacrifice quantity or quality in quest design simply because you go open world.
>>
>>379831546
I have only played Zelda for like 3 hours and I must say that the game is really good and if the map really includes 100 % of the Zelda world then the game is definitely a 10/10 candidate for Zelda fans. But for me the game is just too boring. SO many open spaces where there is nothing but a few enemies. The beginning with "MUH CASTLE" was not bad, but as soon as I saw this stranger I knew pretty much the whole story he then told me.

I personally like The Witcher 3 much more. It has a better graphic and you can play the game with 4k and 60 fps. Also the story of the Witcher 3 was much much much darker than the Zelda story.

In Zelda everything is cut down to a bit of edginess. In The Witcher 3 Witcher get flocked, people get killed just for fun, and a lot of other things (many such cases).

I thing Zelda BOTW is a little too late. The game should have been out since the release of the WiiU. But I don't like how the weapon works in this game. I want to have different swords and equipment, but not this retarded "your stuff is damaged" bullshit.
>>
>>379832719
literally: the post
>>
File: 1496852335421.jpg (257KB, 2053x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1496852335421.jpg
257KB, 2053x1429px
>game made for children
>Ganondorf is not a blood thirsty demon revived from his bones, that only talks in both ancient hylian and gerudo and wants to conquer Southern and eventually Northern Hyrule just to devirginize more girls as possible

missed opportunity Kimishima
>>
File: 1496972604101.jpg (63KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1496972604101.jpg
63KB, 576x432px
>>379831546
Why do guys like to force rivalries against everything?
>>
Only thing I hate is how cryptic some of the side quests are. I literally have no idea where to go or what to cook and the game gives no clues at all.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.