[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STALKER VS FALLOUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1470487350586.png (868KB, 900x366px) Image search: [Google]
1470487350586.png
868KB, 900x366px
Discuss
>>
Russia vs Murrica
No Mods vs Mods
Scary vs Not Scary
What's there to discuss?
>>
STALKER
>>
>>379831291

>Stalker
>No mods

You mean Gameplay Overhauls vs Dickgirl Mods.

Anyways this is no contest win for Stalker. Unless you are talking about the classics Fallout 1 and 2, but you aren't. Bethesda era Fallout loses to Stalker in every single way.
>>
Unrelated, but opinions on Escape from Tarkov?
>>
>>379831524
Keep dreaming filthy slav, stalker is fucking bland un-inspired garbage.
>>
>>379831196
>Stalker is older but still manage to look better than new vegas

really makes you think
>>
>>379831623

Nu Fallout is bland uninspired garbage.

>Stalker
>Bland
>Uninspired

Someone never played it.
>>
File: Capture.png (185KB, 543x458px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
185KB, 543x458px
>>379831196
both great
>>
File: 1492583062520.jpg (42KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1492583062520.jpg
42KB, 541x498px
>>379831291
>Stalker
>no mods
>>
they arent similar and I hate it when retards compare them
>>
>>379831623
>Todds trying to bait people during e3
the mad man
>>
They're really not all that similar to compare despite muh apocalypse setting. I love them both but for different reasons.
>>
File: FalloutNV 2014-11-16 18-08-57-79.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FalloutNV 2014-11-16 18-08-57-79.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
Why not both?
Yeah yeah, save the reply for the UI, I know.
>>
I bought all the STALKER games and i'm currently 2 hours into the first one. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the appeal yet. How much longer do I need to play before it starts to get good? I really want it to start getting good
>>
>>379831764
They are both RPG shooters set in a post nuclear environment anon
>>
I played STALKER and then heard that Fallout 3 is another great apocalyptic First Person game.
Oh boy I was disappointed. SoC for me is basically 10/10 with like 2-3 minor mods, 8.5/10 standalone, next entries get 9/10. Fallout 3 was prised like 10/10 GOTY and for me it feels like 7/10 at best. Gameplay is retarded child of both RPG and FPS genres.
>>
>>379832183
Yeah same. Maybe it's just not for us. I completed call of pripyat but never really understood why everyone says its so good. I felt it was more boring than fun if I'm honest
>>
STALKER wins by a considerable margin because it doesn't bother itself with shitty and wonky RPG elements that having nothing to do in a FPS.

>shoot at something
>LOL NO YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POINTS IN LUCK

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea ?
>>
>>379832325
>STALKER
>RPG shooter
It has RPG elements, but it's nothing like a RPG shooter like Fallout
>>
>>379832140
It's not the UI the problem. It's your pants on head retarded ENB.
>>
Apples vs oranges
>>
>>379832597
Thissss
>>
>combat
stalker
>immersion
stalker
>writing and characters
new vegas
>worldbuilding
new vegas
>challenge
stalker
>fun
new vegas
>>
>>379831196
>FPS vs RPG
What's here to compare, anon? They are two different genres.
>>
>>379831581
looks very promising
>>
>>379831291
>No mods

FUck off, Misery Mod was fantastic
>>
>>379832183
This. I don't know how many times I've tried playing a STALKER game, I always end up quitting after a few hours.
>>
>>379831196
I want a Fallout game with tke Anomalies from Stalker. It would justify the stupid magic weapons from Fallout 4
>>
>>379831581
Looter shooter with zero depth, like The DIivision.

It will be forgotten in a week.
>>
>>379833498
>Misery Mod was fantastic
DUDE 50000 RUBLES FOR CHOCOLATE LMAO
>>
>>379831196
STALKER is far superior.

At least in STALKER being a low level doesn't make your weapons do no fucking damage. In fact, there is no levelling in STALKER, which is great because it's a retarded concept that just means that skill doesn't actually fucking matter in a game that has it. In STALKER, your gun does a certain amount of damage, and that's that. You might be able to upgrade the accuracy or clip size a bit with a few very limited upgrades, but they don't matter that much and you can still reliably beat the game without every finding any upgrades at all. Many people do. It's not like killing a certain amount of enemies randomly suddenly means that your gun does 5 times as much damage or stupid bullshit like that in fallout.

The closest thing STALKER has to levelling is getting better equipment, and you can beat the game with a pistol if you are good enough anyway. Besides, most equipment, at least in COP, is pretty worthwhile and there's usually no clear best option, just preference.

Plus, STALKER has really good music, and a lot of cool little features and stuff.
>>
>>379832183
Are you following the plotline?
Stop that.
The joy of the game comes from the atmosphere and the ability to explore.
>>
>>379831581
there's still a Ray of Hope friend
>>
>>379835894
>ray of scam
yeah thanks no
>>
Literally apples and oranges.
>>
>>379832183
I despise the first game but love Call of Pripyat.
If you ever play Pripyat play it with Arsenal Overhaul (more guns and fixes) and stay away from the Complete mod series (it's shit).
If you liked CoP I suggest you try out Call of Chernobyl. It's basically all of the maps from the three games added into the CoP engine.
>>
>>379835537
No need to tell lies. The equipment in the first areas can't hit the broad side of a barn and does practically no damage.
>>
>>379836380
I couldn't find myself enjoying the CoC mod, as there's no real goal to accomplish when playing it except doing really stupid missions for NPC's like "go get me 3 bottles of vodka" or "collect this artifact" and stupid shit like that.

Even the story mode doesn't actually work well enough and doesn't give you any information regarding what sort of protection you need to get through certain areas and stuff. It's literally just like Free-Play in CoP, which I never really enjoyed it.
>>
>>379836564
Grab the doctorx questlines mod. It's like CoC's story mode but better.
>>
>>379836509
that's why I said "at least in CoP". People have still beaten all 3 games with shit like only pistols and stuff, at least if forums are to be believed.

Granted, pistols were trash in SoC, but there were some pretty great ones in CoP.
>>
>>379832751
>worldbuilding
>new Vegas

Retard alert
>>
stalker is less trash
>>
all CoP needed to do was buff 9mm and 45
>>
>>379836664
Pistols are low range and mid damage, 1hit headshot on bandit. Really not that hard to beat the game with one.
>>
>>379836664
Whoops, didn't notice that you were talking about CoP
This is one of the main reasons why I can't enjoy SotC. The guns are absolutely worthless but you still have to fight 6 enemies at once everywhere.
>>
>>379836880
Hardest difficulty is the key to play STALKER if you don't want sponge enemies, but this also make you wournable thus makes gunfighteing actually fun
>>
>>379837047
Having a Vintorez is the only way to make vanilla SoC fun m8.
>>
>>379837047
I was playing on master (only mod I was using was zrp) and I still had to empty one magazine into an enemy to kill him (literally) but they on the other hand kill me with just one burst
>>
>>379837171
that's not how to spell VLA
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.