[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it going to be directed by Mikami himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: Workspace 1_001.jpg (194KB, 588x774px) Image search: [Google]
Workspace 1_001.jpg
194KB, 588x774px
Is it going to be directed by Mikami himself?
>>
>>379821792
I heard Evil Within 1 was going to the last time he'll be director.

He's strictly going to be a producer and adviser from this point on unless he decided to change his mind about that.
>>
>>379821792

Probably not. Mikami will just staple his name to it for extra goodwill while he goes on to one of the other half-dozen projects he has in the works.
>>
>>379821948
That's what he said years ago, but what do you suppose? Personally, I was hoping for him to return via Platinum, considering the latest Vanquish re-release and everything.

Jesus Christ, one have most of my favourite directors quit making games? Fuck the industry for driving the fuckers out.
>>
This better not be a shit show like the first with just awful optimization.
>>
>>379822153
Who cares about optimization when the game itself was fucking awful.
>>
>>379822180
I honestly didn't mind it. I had a lot of fun on my new game plus run, I can see why people hated it though.
>>
I don't mind.
The first one wasn't all that innovative but it was still a fun, well designed game and I trust Mikami enough to improve in the sequel.
>>
>>379822153
Worked for me.

>>379822180
Game wasn't amazing but at the time it was up against RE6 and in my opinion it came out on top. RE6 might have had better gunplay but I'll take TEW's atmosphere and spooks over that any day.
>>
>>379822153
I heard the 1st Evil Within's optimisation issues was due to Tango Gameworks having to work on ID tech 5 instead of whatever engine they wanted to use to make it because of Bethesda forcing it down everybody's throats. They had to use an engine with no japanese documentation which might explain why the game was a technical mess.

Considering Arkane Studios was allowed to license Cryengine for Prey, maybe the same could be said for Evil Within 2?
>>
>>379822498
Supposed leaker anon said they have a new egine for 2.
>>
>>379822108
I think even as a producer, he still has a very hands-on approach to his projects. I have faith in him as an adviser to steer the game on the right path.
>>
>>379822180
>it was bad
Care to elaborate, kiddo?
>>
>>379822613
Thank the fuck christ.
>>
>>379822613
That's brilliant then. Maybe it's ID tech 6 or Unreal Engine 4? I think UE4 was what they wanted to use for EW1 to begin with but no such luck.
>>
>>379822712

Not that guy but

>hey guys we're going back to the survival horror roots
>Director is fucking Shinji Mikami
>it's just an over the shoulder shooter with a clusterfuck of a story that doesn't know if it wants to be RE4 or Silent Hill.
>>
>>379821792
e3 is like christmass
why are you fucking cancerous little fucks from reddit shitting out spoilers left and right

you people are fucking cancer and everything wrong with gaming, like the little fucking cancerous fucks on pc who data mine patches and spoil future content. just fuck off and respect the process
>>
>>379822883
>a clusterfuck of a story
It really wasn't that hard to make sense of. Then again, I never played any of the DLC.
>>
>>379822712
It was just a dull shooter. When I say it's terrible I exaggerate, of course. It's a decent, competent shooter with stealth sections, but all of it is completely nondescript. It felt like one of these Kickstarter blast-from-the-pasts that feel completely hollow and secondary.
>>
>>379822883
The survival horror roots shit all came from Bethesda.
>>
>>379823204
You haven't played any bad games.
>>
>>379822498
I doubt that, its not like dishonored 1/2 or prey used id tech 5
>>
>>379823437
You'd be surprised at Dishonored 2. That uses a heavily modified ID Tech 5 engine. Arkane hated using it.

I guess enough devs complained that Bethesda had to change their minds.
>>
Do they still use megatextures for idtech?
>>
>>379823204
The apartments, the mansion (after Ruvik's bullshit), and the boss fight against two Boxheads at once were great.
>>
File: 1311416170764.jpg (25KB, 295x454px) Image search: [Google]
1311416170764.jpg
25KB, 295x454px
>>379822712
It was dull and uninteresting. The trailers and the first couple of minutes were about a detective escaping a city that was literally falling apart.
That shit was interesting and I honestly wanted to play something like that to see where it went with it. But then its back to your beloved villages and catacombs you "loved" in RE4.
To top that off the game started giving strong implications that none of this shit is real. At that point I just lost all interest in it. That's the biggest fucking copout up next to "it was all a dream". They could set up an amazing fight with some eldritch abomination coming into our world to consume it and I wouldn't give a shit because thats ok, none of that is actually happening.
>>
>>379822108
I wouldn't worry too much.
You can't keep a guy like Mikami down, he'll want to be back.
I'm with you anon, RE4 is one of the GOATs. And he produced Killer7, and directed God Hand and Vanquish jesus fuck.
>>
File: GeneJustRight.png (460KB, 550x605px) Image search: [Google]
GeneJustRight.png
460KB, 550x605px
>YFW it's actually God Hand 2
>>
>>379824430
If you die inside Stem you die in the real world. How is that having no stakes. And now Ruvik is actually out and he can do his mumbo jumbo in the real world.
>>
>>379824430
>Wahh, I didn't do proper research before buying this game
>I also lack the brain power to determine what is going on with story
Either you're an absolute moron, or you watched a few jewtube videos and got pissy because they didn't match your precious trailer.
>>
>>379824430
I would argue that the game really wasn't trying to make the whole dream shit a secret. It was pretty upfront with that and used the narrative element to do some neat level transitions and have an excuse to ping pong the protagonist through a variety of levels (except for the city, those were terrible stages).
>>
>>379824596
He's right, the story makes sure that you don't take any of it seriously because during the course it's heavily implied that most of it is in the protagonist's imagination. It's even called "Evil Within". In the end it's about nightmares spilling out into the real world, which isn't too exciting either, but throughout the game it's logical to expect the main character is a mental patient (there's even a nurse tending to him).
>>
File: 1496939914033.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496939914033.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
Reminder that

Sebastian's wife is working with Mobius either brainwashed or working to bring her daughter back via STEM somehow to live a comforting lie.

Joseph isn't dead and was taken by Mobius. Likely to be brainwashed too.

Kidman is actually a good person who made it possible for Sebastian to wake up out of "STEM". Still no idea how she got the mark cut into her hand.

Sebastian and crew were already in the machine even when they were driving up to the Mental Hospital. That was never in the real world as there was no people in the streets at all and the world only became nightmarish when Ruvik became aware of them. Sebastian waking up in the Mental Hospital and passing the dead cops Ruvik killed means he's still in STEM.

Basically, the whole thing is a STEM inside a STEM. I think.
>>
File: mikami shoots you.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
mikami shoots you.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>379821948
No. He was going to but after working on TEW he changed his mind and said wants to make more and would love to make a Godhand Sequel.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/29/shinji-mikami-admits-hed-like-to-revisit-dino-crisis-and-god-hand
>>
>>379826114
>dino crisis
MUH DICK
>>
File: 1494110860281.png (199KB, 350x442px) Image search: [Google]
1494110860281.png
199KB, 350x442px
>>379826114
Fuck yeah, you made me happy to hear that anon.
>>
File: mikami.jpg (117KB, 786x1049px) Image search: [Google]
mikami.jpg
117KB, 786x1049px
>"Once I said The Evil Within would be my last game, but I love this job too much", Mikami confessed. He added that he wants to create smaller games, and that which makes a product successful is the people who work in it. Looking back, he admitted too that he would be interested in going back to Dino Crisis or resurrect the God Hand franchise as a role-playing game.

>resurrect the God Hand franchise as a role-playing game.

What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>379826513
>resurrect the God Hand franchise as a role-playing game.
DO NOT WANT
>>
>>379821792
He can do far better than just generic survival horror. It's sad to see that this man doesn't have the ressources to do his own thing.
>>
Mikami had his run. He hasn't made a single great game since RE
>>
>>379823028
The DLC actually makes the story understandable, and makes you realize that nothing Sebastian was doing in the main story actually mattered at all.
>>
>>379826513
Sounds interesting
>>
>>379828592
fucking Vanquish?
>>
>>379821948
Oh, cool, maybe TEW2 will actually be good.
>>
File: 1432658765432.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432658765432.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>379828592
>Godhand
>Not great
Kids today.
>>
>>379821792
i told you last week
the amount of shilling of the game here was the confirmation

we are getting a new AYY:LMAO too
capture this
>>
>>379822712
>Every enemy is just just a guy covered in barbed wire
>Burning corpses had no use after chapter one
>Game heavily, heavily limited your ammo and items but made it impossible to run from enemies, because most of the time there was no way to progress without completing an arena of generic baddies
>Bosses were awful and repetitive, and the final level was a fucking gauntlet of them
>Pants-on-head retarded story that wanted to be the next Inception but ended up just being convoluted and dumb
>Level up perks were uninteresting and didn't add much
>Crossbow was OP
>HEY GUYS REMEMBER RE4

TEW was absolute trash and so is your taste.
>>
>>379821792
i bought the first game hearing it was good but then i remembered that i didn't like horror games so i haven't played it
>>
File: 20170204165004_2.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170204165004_2.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>379830462
>>Every enemy is just just a guy covered in barbed wire
So?
>>Burning corpses had no use after chapter one
You don't even know the use for matches do you? Also I doubt you even played on harder difficulties where the mechanic becomes even more useful.
>>Game heavily, heavily limited your ammo and items but made it impossible to run from enemies, because most of the time there was no way to progress without completing an arena of generic baddies
The games gives more than enough to handle enemies. You just didn't make use of everything you can do. There should be no excuse why you don't have matches, crossbow arrow parts or bottles to handle whatever the game throws at you. It's not the games fault that you wasted your resources when saving and using resources effectively is the whole point of the game.
>>Bosses were awful and repetitive, and the final level was a fucking gauntlet of them
How so? Each boss had different ways fighting them.
>>Pants-on-head retarded story that wanted to be the next Inception but ended up just being convoluted and dumb
It's not. They wanted it to be tied to the mind so anything could happen. The story makes sense if you pay attention, even if it's poorly and deliberately told.
>>Level up perks were uninteresting and didn't add much
Except giving people a different way of completing the game or adding benefits based around how the player plays the game.
>>Crossbow was OP
Yes
>>HEY GUYS REMEMBER RE4
Nothing wrong with that. It was suppose to be familiar. The game is very self aware.
>>
>>379830462
your first 4 pont was either false or was something RE4 did the exact same way yet you would call that game a 10/10 goat for it.

>story was retarded
no, you were retarded for not being able to figure out what was the story about. It was completely clear if you put things together.

>crossbow was OP
are the people shitting on this game really this fucking retarded? Of course it was stronger than a basic gun, like how a granade is stronger, the point is that you had very limited ammo from everything and had to spare it and use it tactically.

>Level up perks were uninteresting and didn't add much
you could literally leve lup anything to be twice or three times as strong. It never suppodes to be more like that, just some extra currency management.
>>
File: _Névtelen.jpg (484KB, 1630x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_Névtelen.jpg
484KB, 1630x1000px
>>379824430
>"it was all a dream"
you have a really shallow sense you know that?

Your reality is what you sense, YOU are your mentality, not your body. If your mind gets trapped in a dreamlike state that feels like reality and gets tortured there is literally no difference in how bad you feel than if the torture was done through your physical body. It was also stated that dying in the STEM is equal to losing your consciousness and becoming the same things as the enemies in the game have became.

>>379825142
>It's even called "Evil Within"
originally it's called Psychobreak
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.