[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: tesvi.jpg (176KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
tesvi.jpg
176KB, 1280x834px
>>
>>379819706
f
f
f
fake
but thats cool artwork, ive seen it like 15 times
>>
>>379819706
haha faggot, everyone knows the new Elder Scrolls will be set in Skyrim due to commercial success of Elder Scrolls 4
>>
Skyrim 2 baby
>>
If it were to happen it would be the most generic lord of the rings shit ever made. An entire game about hippy elves trying to save the forest. There won't be any giant migrating trees either.
>>
File: rmzwk7sg5qyy.jpg (199KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
rmzwk7sg5qyy.jpg
199KB, 2448x3264px
>>379820483

>4
>>
It's gonna be TES VI: AkaVIr

Anything in Tamriel is obvious

They already cashed in Romans and Vikings

Now is the age of the samurai
>>
Not happening this year or the next
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4zQBw3KNLg
>>
>Giant walking tree cities
>In Gamebryo
Nope. Or they'll retcon it.
>>
>>379820589
If anything Valenwood is where they could go full high fantasy again. Skyrim and Oblivion were generic, but there's so much possibility for greatness in Valenwood.
>>
>implying bethesda will do anything with TES so long as that fucking trash-tier MMO garbage still exists

everything will be funneled through that fucking game
>>
>>379821291
your video is fucking pathetic bait. why are you sourcing that shit
>>
File: 1418863145965.jpg (56KB, 382x299px) Image search: [Google]
1418863145965.jpg
56KB, 382x299px
WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE A NEW ENGINE DESIGNED FOR BOTH TES AND FO FROM THE GROUND UP THEY HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379820868
I think something set in Tamriel with the backdrop of another Akaviri invasion would be pretty interesting.
>>
>>379820589
>An entire game about hippy elves trying to save the forest.

Nah, even ESO managed to insert Bosmer cannibalism into the game. Bethesda's Valenwood wouldn't be that sanitized.
>>
please no voiced protagonist
>>
>>379821557
well, it would be like tearing up the entire road network of a country to lay it back in a more reasonable way
its dumb
its more effort than gain

besides its much easier to modify an existing engine than to build one from scratch. Its like writing a research paper. Overall its good enough but with some flaws. It having flaws doesn't mean that the whole paper has to be written again from ground zero. One can just edit the flawed part and ensure that all shortcuts and links still lead to the correct places.

source: I am a software dev.
>>
>>379821557
Cause the current engine works for them. It'd be a shitload of work to get the new engine to work with modding again.
>>
>>379821528
How is it pathetic bait you retarded faggot?
>>
>>379822008
I think a better analogy is that it's like renovating a house, the foundations are the engine, you could tear everything down and start from scratch digging new holes and pouring new concrete, or you could just leave the foundations and work on the internal layout, interior finishing, cladding, and roof
>>
>>379822468
I don't know shit about game engines, but I've heard that Bethesda's has a lot of trouble with player animations? Like it was impossible for them to animate the player to climb up a ladder in Skyrim. Might be bullshit though idk
>>
>>379822674
Kek
id believe that given how janky all the rest of their animations are
>>
>>379821393
Yeah but that is the point, Skyrim and Cyrodil weren't supposed to be generic. Cyrodil was supposed to be a mix of China and Rome with some Templar stuff and ancient pre-human ruins. It was also supposed to have long bodied dragons and a lot more creatures than depicted in game. Skyrim wasn't as blandified as Cyrodil but the problem there was that they didn't really do much with the viking setting to distinguish it from similar shits and the other races were played so stereotyped it was almost time to call racism on these fictional depictions.

Morrowind is by no means a perfect game but the land described was an alien land much different from our own and what we got was an alien land much different from our own with a lot of what was previously described about it hitting the nail on the head perfectly.
>>
>implying it won't be Skyrim Part 2: Electric Nordaloo
>>
>>379820868
Akavir is irreverent to the lore.
There's no towers. There's no stones. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>379819706
Holy fuck. Stop pushing for shitty locations.
The next Elder Scrolls game needs to either go back to the Iliac Bay area or be set in Summerset Isle.
>>
>>379823107
>Summerset Isle

This would be the shittiest location of all as it would make zero sense for any non-Altmer to be on the island.
>>
File: 8601706-3x2-700x467.jpg (52KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
8601706-3x2-700x467.jpg
52KB, 700x467px
>>379819706
na we are getting skyrim 2 because the normies know about skyrim more than elder scrolls
>>
>>379821557
Shareholders
>>
>>379823217
It'll be just like Morrowind handwaved all the different races being there and somehow holding positions of power in most of the factions.
>>
>>379823217
You're right but what makes you think they won't pull some shitty retcon or some stupid plot contrivance to justify all the races being there?
>>
>>379819706
It's gonna be a long time. They still got a lot of money to bleed out of ESO on consoles.
>>
>>379819706
>voiced main character
>dialog wheel with one word choices
>spell schools reduced to Destruction, Restoration, and Conjuration
>spells from other schools are shoehorned into the above three
>cutscenes
>QTEs added to kill animations
>>
>>379823107
Being able to lead the invasion of the Altmer homeland and eventual extermination of the Altmer is the exact opposite of shitty anon.
>>
>>379823008
Akavir is the future
>>
So I guess we will never get a game set in the Black Marsh or Elsweyr.

Not a furry but I'd like to see it.
>>
>>379823632
I wouldn't mind cutscenes. At least you can skip a cutscene if you don't want to watch it. That's better than Skyrim's unskippable walk-and-talk pseudo-cutscenes. I probably also wouldn't mind if they made the dialogue interface more like Dragon Age or NWN, but I definitely don't want a voiced main character. All the other things on your list would indeed be terrible.
>>
>>379823008
Akavir is strongly related to the Elder Scrolls considering Moth Monks and their reading methods are from that land, akatosh and the divines have a strong connections too.
It might not have Towers but Akavir is as important as Tamriel to Nirn and it would be about time to have a TES focusing on it
>>
>>379822008
>well, it would be like tearing up the entire road network of a country to lay it back in a more reasonable way

let's take this analogy a bit further, to see what's actually happening here.

they have a road network in a mountainous area. the mountains have names like ANIMATIONS and COMBAT, instead of putting the effort into building efficient, easy to maintain tunnels that go through the mountains, they go around these mountains with shitty, slipshod backroads that are horrible to work on and are horrible to driver over.
>>
>>379824187
>I probably also wouldn't mind if they made the dialogue interface more like Dragon Age or NWN, but I definitely don't want a voiced main character.
No one-word answers, either. Forgot to mention that.
>>
>>379823710
Summerset Isle IS the Altmer homeland you fucking dolt.
>>
>>379819858
This. You can only see real things once so that image is obviously fake.
>>
>>379820750
>implying Oblivion counts
But he's still wrong. Elder Scrolls 5 will be set in Hammerfell.
>>
>>379822674
>>379822786
This isnt true, there isnt ladders because they couldn't get pathfinding to work
>>
>>379824317
Taking yours one further, along the road you can artificially build more mountains as mods but you couldn't if you had the tunnel
>>
number one thing holding me back from playing elder scrolls is how sluggish and unresponsive feeling the combat is

fucking fix it bethesda
>>
>>379825143
I don't understand. how does a good engine preclude mods from being made?
>>
>>379826002
It doesn't but not only do they allow mods but it also allows many interactions between the mods themselves and the game, even overwriting data from mods depending on load order.
>>
>>379823217
They will justify by saying the Second Great War started and the Empire managed to push the altmer back all the way there.
Now the Empire is trying to destory the Thalmor while the Thalmor are trying to destroy the world in some faster and asspulled way that makes their entire campaign of conquest possible while third parties are taking the chance to make some profit.
>>
>>379823782
It wouldn't work for elsewyr way too complicated lore-wise.
>>
>>379825917
>playing an rpg for combat
>ever
m8
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.