[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your thoughts, PlayStation Bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-06-11-00-01-50.jpg (142KB, 768x481px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-11-00-01-50.jpg
142KB, 768x481px
Your thoughts, PlayStation Bros?
>>
File: DSP.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
DSP.webm
1MB, 600x338px
>>379817528
>tfw sonyfags will never ever stop getting BTFO
>>
he is right. Normies don't buy a console to play PS1/PS2 games
besides it's better to have a CRT TV than play PS2 games in a 40 inch LCD screen

P.S: PS1 2D games can be played on xbox 360(emulation), PC and PS3.
>>
Xbox one: Play your old Xbox 360 games with the discs you already have in your collection, or purchases you made on the digital store. Not all games work, however, the library is constantly updated with more games

Ps4: pay a monthly fee to stream games from classic PlayStation systems. Bad side, you probably owned many. Good side, maybe you can play some you didn't own.
>>
>>379817528
Obviously for SONY it's better to not have backward compatibility.
It adds to the HW/SW complexity and raises console cost.
It also makes harder for devs to sell latest HD REMAKE for the crowd that didn't get to play the original or people who want to reply but lack the old hardware.
He's partially right about people not using it that much but that's mostly stupid statistics.
If you buy PS4 you're not going to do it so you can play Ridge Racer Type 4 or Grandia on it so from his POW the feature is underutilized.

That said if there was full backward compatibility people would use it but that's not going to happen for complexity and business reasons.
>>
I keep my old consoles because I know there won't be any backwards compatibility in the future, which means I end up not using it if it's ever introduced. It's a sad cycle.
>>
>>379818516
Xbox is taking the "forwards-compatible" approach and making sure all future systems will use similar architecture and run old games. Obviously this means on the Xbox 2020 or whatever we can still play out Xbox one and 360 library. Fingers crossed for original Xbox compatibility eventually as well.
>>
>why dont people wanna play old sports games?

GEEE I DUNNO
>>
Considering the average consumer is lacking in PS1 and PS2 games, the statement makes sense.
PS3 is still recent enough that I'm not happy about the lack of backwards compatibility.
>>
Backwards compatibility is the best because I can unhook my older consoles from the TV. My Wii U is basically Wii U and all the Nintendo consoles before it.
>>
File: IMG_1015.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1015.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>you can play ps1 games on literally every sony console except ps4
what did they fucking mean by this
>>
>>379817528
>These look ancient, who'd want to view these?
What does age have to do with things? Did we burn all the picassos since modern art is so much better?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.