[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 20170610221821_1.jpg (95KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170610221821_1.jpg
95KB, 800x600px
I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
File: 20170610221830_1.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170610221830_1.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
>>379793030
Are Ventrue even good?

I would play as Brujah but I'd prefer to play a diplomatic character.

What skills do I pick, /v/?
>>
Name your character Dean.

Dean Ventrue.
>>
>>379793106
if you want a diplo character than you cant go wrong with Ventrue. toreador would also be fine.

focus on upgrading persuasion for a diplo character.

seduction is okay for females but not males.

intimidate is generally considered useless.

use melee as an attack. ranged gets better in the late game but melee is good throughout.
>>
>>379793106
Brujah is perfectly fine for diplomacy. Their disciplines are so strong in combat that you get to spend a bit more points into diplo over combat.
Especially celerity, celerity is the most op ability in the game once you hit level 3 and higher.
>>
>>379793428
Got it.

>>379793518
Thank you for the insight.
>>
there's an unofficial patch that adds character backgrounds to character creation and fixes some bugs that you should grab before starting. You could do a ventrue as your first play though, I did it and it was a lot of fun. Just make sure you aren't useless in combat or you won't be able to finish the game. You might be better off going gangrel or tremere. Malkavian is best for a second playthrough but you could do it if you want WACKY dialogue with some extra lore packed in there
>>
Ventrue is the weakest clan in game, right?

Them and Malks.
>>
What game fags
>>
>>379793951
Physically, it's traditionally Ventrue and Tremere, but Tremere have their magic to even the odds. Malks can/should go either way. One of the classic character concepts is a guy who's totally friendly, open, but has a second personality that's an absolutely vicious killer.
>>
>>379794289
I meant play wise. Tremere's discipline is probably the strongest in game, alongside Celerity. The Malk and Ventrue disciplines are shit for anything but regular humans.
>>
File: 1451742475350.gif (2MB, 359x414px) Image search: [Google]
1451742475350.gif
2MB, 359x414px
>>379793951

Malks are overpowered if anything. Dementation is essentially domination (including the dialogue prompts), Auspex is top-tier, and Obfuscate breaks the fucking game if you get it to level 4-5.
>>
File: 1354859854166.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1354859854166.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>379793030
>800x600
jej

first off:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/eye-replacer
download these two, the first one is very easy to use patch, the second one requires you to replace a couple very light files on the install folder

after that, play a Gangrel on your first playthrough, get Protean discipline to 5, and also have at least 3 str/dex/stamina, as well as decent brawl and stealth, then keep these in mind:
-when you crouch, you enter stealth mode
-brawl increases your unarmed combat and also makes it easier to bite people
-if you stealth behind an enemy, left click to activate the insta-kill prompt
-if they're alone, feed off of their blood
-never kill someone who hasn't started attacking you, or you'll lose humanity
-social skills are cool, but you have to be really beefed up in combat to start fucking around with experience points
-even if you refuse to play Gangrel, do NOT play Malkavian or Nosferatu on your first playthrough, as they're more fun if you already played through the game with one of the other clans
-if they haven't nerfed it yet, Bloodbuff gives you 2 extra str/dex/stam temporarily, so you can use it to increase your dex to reach the level of lockpicking you need for some doors, but your max str/dex/stam never goes above 5, which is why I recommend you keep them at 3
-when you can, go to the hospital and try to get in to find a dying woman, feed her blood, she's missable

I think that covers pretty much everything I wish I knew the first time I played through the game.
>>
File: ISOLATED.gif (3MB, 222x180px) Image search: [Google]
ISOLATED.gif
3MB, 222x180px
ISOLATED
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.