[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open world MH confirmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: nhANQ5Y-1024x464.png (266KB, 1024x464px) Image search: [Google]
nhANQ5Y-1024x464.png
266KB, 1024x464px
A moment of silence for this series, for it has fallen to the open world meme
>>
After the shit show that was X, anything would be better.
>>
No just make 5 and forget Gen was a thing.
>>
to be honest open world would be a perfect fit for monster, all the problems open world games tend to have monster hunter games already have
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 1024x576px
>>379783167
>World is also a PS4 exclusive
>>
>>379785329
why would they do that when their mission statement has literally already been seen as
>we want the western audience
>>
>>379785442
...Because Sony is more popular than Nintendo in the west?
>>
You fags will lap that shit up if it had arts/styles lol
>>
>>379785329
>Conputer games in the form of cartridges

I don't think so tim.

even if it is, it isn't true monhun
>>
>>379785704
youre dumb, they trademark everything dingus
>>
>>379783167
This is just the localized name of Monster Hunter XX.
>>
>tfw emulating MH3portable at 30fps because the lack of MH for PC
Its kinda fun to see how it looks way better than MH 3DS and it runs at better, stable framerate kek.

>this game is like 7 years old
>>
File: astalos being a little bitch.jpg (33KB, 391x315px) Image search: [Google]
astalos being a little bitch.jpg
33KB, 391x315px
>>379786504
STOP PLAYING NON-XX TITLES YOU HERETIC AAAAAAHHH
>>
File: lion.jpg (44KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
44KB, 419x600px
>>
File: wt.jpg (66KB, 530x378px) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
66KB, 530x378px
>>
>>379783167
It's not a game. It's a film. >>379783167
>>379783167
>>379783167
>>
>Open world MH AND MH gengen

This is a good timeline.
>>
If they do open world MH, it would just be a spinoff anyway.

They won't stop making the main games, I think Japs basically want their "formula". they know what theyre buying. like DW.
>>
File: lol capcom wtf.jpg (123KB, 906x586px) Image search: [Google]
lol capcom wtf.jpg
123KB, 906x586px
>it's actually real

>>379787670
>film
>registered as a "computer game software"
>>
So slower Dragon's Dogma 2?
>>
>>379785165
I can see it. Keep the maps the same sort of design, just make them more seamless with no loading screens to get hit into. My only issue would be the sheer verticality the maps have sometimes where they simply teleport you to the next map after barely climbing up it, it's convenient.

If they keep the same type of regions, still keep timers on the kills, typically keep mobs in that one region and not really allow them to deviate to new ones except in rare cases it could work but it's kind of unnecessary.

They would likely do more with it like radically change gameplay and mechanics to accommodate an open world title. Fuck that, make a new franchise.
>>
>>379785165
Yeah, I guess.
You fast travel to the desert dunes and have to track the monster down. Paint ball it so you don't lose track.

As long as they don't actually connect the regions and make you 'transfer' over to the new regions and walk freely on them, it would be great.
>>
>>379786504
The only thing that looks better on that game, even in emu is the resolution. The sound is ass too.
>>
Unless the open world exists to facilitate actual hunting (Following tracks, not waypoint minimap bullshit) then I don't want it. Nor do I want a streamlined "More action-y fluid combat system"
Capcom, just give me an actual Monster Hunter on the PS4 for fuck sake.
>>
>>379788091
I just realized we could see the return of free hunt with an open world MH game. Imagine being able to go between towns through said free hunt area, allowing you to go to other free hunt areas and hunt other monsters in those different areas,
>>
>>379788615
I kind of like the idea of having some elusive monsters that will travel all over the place. Snow region, desert region, everywhere. You'd have to have really good tracking on something like that. A monster that will tend to try and get away. You'd need lots of paintballs, traps, tranquilizers, and a good sense of where the monster is headed if a paintball wears off.
>>
>>379788615
Reading this I just realized
>MHXX you have four or five villages
>you travel around the world
It might be just MHXX translated.
>>
>>379783167
Monster Hunter is terribly designed. Maybe it worked for the first two games but outside of that they never really updated the engine or the system mechanics, and it is harshly a product of its time and that time was over 10 years ago.

Series could use a drastic update. It's questionable if the current MH dev team could deliver on that though, given they actually literally never have.
>>
>>379788546
The actual Monster Hunter died with the numbered series. You'll be getting XXX instead.
Who cares about having a detailed and immersive setting like Tri again, let's shill more of those arts and styles, and our new cat loli.
>>
>>379783167

> "Downloadable Computer Games"
>>
>>379789276
that was already in MHX. The amount of extra content in XX over X is actually fairly fucking shit and not worth a full retail price. 4G had a lot more content over 4 and we never even got 4 so it shined even more outside of japan.

Basically there is in no way enough content in XX to consider calling it "world"
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.