[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skyrim: Stormcloaks or Imperials?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 34

So... it's that time of the day /v/. I started playing TES V: Skyrim for the first time a few weeks ago and I wanted to stall the civil war quests as much as I could, but now I see that it's just a matter of days until I have to decide wether to join the Stormcloaks or the Empire.

I wanted your opinion about it: who should I join? I'm a white, handsome Nord so I guess race doesn't have much to do in this case.

I've been inclined to join the Empire because their logic makes more sense to me, and because so far I feel Ulfric is a double standard SJW faggot, but at the same time I really fucking hate those dicksucking Thalmor shits. 2bh I really just want to Make Skyrim Great Again.
>>
>>379780935
>betraying your race and homeland
>>
>>379781528
>being a fucking commie
>>
stormcloaks #maga #altright #imnotwithher
>>
Stormcloaks if you want Skyrim to be independent and free. Empire if you want them to be ruled by people who don't even live there.
>>
>>379780935
>play femkhajiit
>skooma errday
>fuck over both sides of dumbass pinky war
>make deals with like 9 daedra
>gon die and start a daedra war over soul ownership
>even in death, this one blazes it, faggot.
>>
>don't pick a side
>don't become dragonborn
>install 200 mods
Game becomes 100x better
>>
>>379782068
>using mods
>>
>>379780935
Can a sexy voice truly lend you such power? To what extent?
>>
>>379780935
>I really fucking hate those dicksucking Thalmor shits
So does the empire, but they can't do much about it while their attention is focused on the Stormcloaks.
>>
>>379782598
couldnt anyway since todd redconned them into being the pussiest vaginas to ever take dick.
>>
>ulfric sucking thalmor dick behind scenes
>they just used him to at least kill the king and leave a very controlable notqueen in case ulfric loses the war
doesn't matter the outcome, just with the civil war happening those pointy ears faggots win by making perfectly capale warriors that could have turned on them together kill each other
the whole skyrim got jewed
>>
>>379782923
Which is all ulfrics fault because he started it, by killing the high king, this might not have even happened if he just tried talking to the king.
>>
>>379782692
This.
The empire capitulated when the war was still undecided. They deserve no loyalty or support.
>>
>>379782225
>Not using mods
>>
>>379782923

He is an uncooperative asset, aka someone that can be used against the empire by provoking him somehow. Like say keeping him in a jail cell when his father passed away.

Or being denied a glorious death after the Battle of the Red Ring.
>>
>>379780935
Imperials because the Stormcloaks are d&c.

Sorry stormfags, Ulfric is confirmed to be a Thalmor false-flag.
>>
>>379780935
>2bh I really just want to Make Skyrim Great Again.
Then you want Ulfric, because he's much like Trump - an arrogant, power-hungry, self-serving, moronic demagogue who was born into privilege and who will destroy the nation and perhaps the world if he's allowed to remain in power.
>>
>>379785576
And who's in the pocket of a hostile foreign power.
>>
>>379780935
Empire.
Ulfric is a self-aggrandizing cunt who'll get steamrolled by the Thalmor as soon as he's finished driving the Empire out of Skyrim for them.
>>
>>379780935
>I wanted to stall the civil war quests as much as I could, but now I see that it's just a matter of days until I have to decide wether to join the Stormcloaks or the Empire.
Unless you're roleplaying it, that's not actually true. You can put off the civil war as long as you want. You can complete the whole main quest without fighting in the civil war and still go back to it after the main quest is over.

That said, I say go with the Empire. They hate the Thalmor as much as anyone, but they're being smart about it and waiting until the right moment instead of stirring up pointless infighting that will only make things easier for the Thalmor in the end.
>>
>>379780935
Skyrim is for the Nords. Get those globalist Imperial faggots out.
>>
>>379780935
Ulfric is a greedy retard that is biting far more than he can chew. The game itself goes to great efforts to present the empire as the more reasonable choice after that little slip at the intro. Just look at the Jarls after every Empire/Stormcloack victory.

The only players that would think a bunch of snow niggers running around in bear hides are the best hope not only for humanity, but for all the races in Tamriel are those whose first TES game is skyrim.

Besides, the nords had an INT penalty on past games. They have retard strength, but dont know what's best for 'em
>>
Thalmor are gearing up for WW2, the empire is the stronger and more disciplined group and the leadership sees them as a threat despite temporarily enforcing the concordat. The stormcloaks are useful idiots of the Thalmor.
>>
I'm trying to play again with a side of roleplaying. Things like living like a regular jackoff while I save money. However other than asking the innkeepers for work I can't find anything else to do for work, any mods for that?
>>
>>379787105
>spend day and night mining
>spend day and night cutting wood at the mill
>get enough money to buy Honeyside and live off your crops, fish and chickens
>>
>>379786763
>Thalmor are gearing up for WW2, the empire is the stronger and more disciplined group and the leadership sees them as a threat despite temporarily enforcing the concordat.
And the Empire was never really enforcing the Concordat anyway until UIfric forced the matter by being an idiot.

>>379787105
You can also make money by chopping wood, mining, and picking crops.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Making_Money
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Gather_Wheat
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mine_Ore

I'm certain that there are also mods for more stuff like that, but I haven't looked into it.
>>
>>379786714
>snow niggers
Fucking kek
>>
I wonder if the Empire was actually waiting to wipe out the Stormcloaks to begin attack on the Aldmeri Dominion. If this is the case, would their plan go to shit after the Dragonborn assassinates the Emperor for the Dark Brotherhood?
>>
Doesn't matter. You're a Dragonborn, cannonically one of the toughest fuckers on the continent, and there's a shitload of tough fuckers lurking around. One Dragonborn and a guy who just had the voice, like Ulfric, were only stopped by the combined armies of the Chimer and Dwemer, who were led by Nerevar and his posse. Whoever you side with is going to win, unless the Nerevarine crawls out of an Oblivion portal and decides to go against the Dragonborn.
>>
>>379787419
>>379787789
Cheers, I suppose I'll try incorporate them all in. chop wood one day, slay a bandit leader another day
>>
>>379787105
install this
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?
and this
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70959/?
>>
>>379787995
If you want to get really into the roleplaying, you might also want the iNeed mod so you actually have to eat and sleep.
>>
>>379788018
>can start directly as a stormcloak or imperial
not him but I should really get to mod this game of things like this exist, and let me guess, there is a nsfw version of that one where you start as a slave, right?
>>
>>379788018
Have them both thank you very much!
>>379788279
I've got Realistic needs and diseases, I'll look into the sleep one but I usually keep a decent sleep pattern.
>>
File: 50b125bf86811.jpg (423KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
50b125bf86811.jpg
423KB, 1680x1050px
>>379787419
>tfw I actually did that
>traveled by foot to Markarth because you can chop wood and mine there
>spend entire days doing that
>gather some money to buy house in Riften
>also have a few jewels and shit I've found or mined
>travel by foot to the other side of Skyrim with a shitty iron dagger just to defend against wolves
>won't buy expensive weapons or armor because I'm a cheap bastard
>run everytime I encounter a troll or a sabre cat on the way
>thief on the way
>takes my jewelry because I know I wouldn't be able to kill him
>finally arrive in Riften
>fucking guard wants me to pay an entrance toll
>can't intimidate him or persuade him because my skills are shit
>takes more of my hard earned money
>he lets me in
>talk with the Jarl and manage to do what she asks me to do
>still not enough money to buy house
>back to the fucking mills
>spend an eternity chopping wood
>going back to the Jarl to finally buy house
>fucking thief trying to rob in broad daylight in the middle of the market
>mychance.jpg
>try to stab the motherfucker with my shitty dagger
>stab a Riften Guard by mistake
>go to jail and lose money again
>everybody hates me anyway because I'm a fucking Khajiit
>currently considering committing sudoku
life in skyrim sure is though man
>>
>>379788774
Probably, but you'll have to go to LoversLab for it, since they don't really allow mods like that on the Nexus.
>>
>>379780935
>2011 me
>IMPERIALS STORMS FUCKS
>2017 me
>SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS BUILD THE WALL
>>
>>379780935
Ulfric is fucker who wouldn't give two fucks about you if you weren't dragonborn, specially if you aren't nord. Also it is heavily implied that the empire is coming up with a way to deal with the Talmor so breaking it up will only make both the empire and "Free" Skyrim even more vulnerable to the elves. How long do the stormcloaks think they'll be able to maintain their "free" land before the talmor come knocking on their door.
Ulfric is probably a talmor agent for helping destabilize the empire even more.
>>
>>379788912
Didn't know people actually did that wood chopping shit. The key to big money in this game is enchanting iron daggers with petty and lesser soul gems. You make thousands of gold easily.
>>
>only 23 posters out of 38 posts
There is one seriously assmad imperialfag samefagging this thread.
>>
>>379781824
Stormcloaks if you want the humans to balkanize so that they can be genocided by the Thalmor one by one in a couple decades. Empire if you want the realms of men to stay united and recover their strength so that when the Altmer fucking shits return, they'll each get a Tamriel-sized greatsword up their asses.
>>
>>379788912
>can't intimidate him or persuade him because my skills are shit
How the fuck? I can persuade him at level 1
>>
>>379789202
>Ulfric is probably a talmor agent for helping destabilize the empire even more.

Technically yes. In that document in the thalmar embassy they state they caught him once already but let him go because they knew he was going to destabilize the region making it ripe for the plunder. He was thier bottom bitch the entire time.
>>
No way the Thalmor could stand up to the Skyrim army with the Dragonborn at its head. The Thalmor couldnt even stand against the Redguards. Got their asses kicked by CURVED COCKS.
>>
>>379786415
This desu
>>
File: 1495618371269.png (395KB, 1350x2128px) Image search: [Google]
1495618371269.png
395KB, 1350x2128px
>Stormcucks

Literally falling into the knife ears' hands
>>
>>379780935
Ulfric wouldn't shut the fuck up everytime I entered the castle so imperials.

I literally disabled him on another playthrough.
>>
>>379789683
That's assuming the Dragonborn doesn't just vanish after the events of Skyrim, which is a pretty big assumption considering that that's what all the other TES protagonists canonically did.
>>
>>379789334
>Empire if you want the realms of men to stay united
>loses the argonians, khajit, high, dark, and wood elves
>throws redcloaks under the bus
>pulls defeat from the jaws of victory by fucking surrendering to the elves that literally want to destroy the world

The empire needs the nords. The nords do not need the empire.
>>
>>379785730

Aren't you democrats supposed to love commies though? Why the Russian hate? Just because it's not Hillary in the pocket?
>>
>>379789876
Im thinking theyll keep him around this time and have him take a cannon side. I cant remember there being any huge decisions in the other games that would have a lasting effect on the whole continent. Either have him crush Ulfric so the next game can ignore Skyrim, or have him destroy the Thalmor when Bethesda realizes that they took a neat idea and made it into a 2D villain.
>>
>>379782068
What about the Dragonborn DLC? You have to be recognized as Dragonborn in order to play it, or am I wrong? Are there any mods that remove this condition?
>>
The first time I played I sided with the Empire, but I regretted it. The only reason I chose the Empire was because as the last Dragonborn, I am the rightful Emperor. Why would I split up my own Empire? With a descendant of Akatosh back on the throne, the Empire would rise to its former glory and kick Thalmor ass. But that never happened. The Empire were still slaves and Thalmor were again free to murder nords with impunity. At least give us DLC with the Dragonborn becoming the King of Skyrim.
>>
>>379781824
Correction:
Sotmrcloaks if you want Skyrim to be independent and free until the far superior forces of the Thalmor turns Skyrim into giant open grave because they have far superior power, number and resources and the only thing between them and Skyrim was the Empire.
Large parts of Skyrim literally depend on the Empire for food, protection and resources, since it is a world of harsh environments and horrible monsters.
>>
File: 1488628868357.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488628868357.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
Only normalfags chose Stormcloaks because "wow the first Imperial I met was mean, that means the entire Empire is wrong politically"
>>
>>379790607
Yeah, cause the Redguards, Imperials and Bretons would really allow that. Regardless of the choice for Imperial or Nord, Man will have to stick together, with or without the Empire.
>>
>>379780935
Imperials to fight elves, otherwise I wouldn't care.
>>
>>379790607
Hamerfell seceded. Yeah they starved for a bit, but the Thalmor couldn't conquer them.
>>
>>379790372
You only have to be recognized as dragonborn if you want to do the main plot of the DLC. You can travel there and finish 95% of the content without triggering the DLC's main plot. I go there before i start the horn of windcaller quest from the greybeards so i can harvest most of the dragon souls without that fag Miraak stealing them.
>>
>>379783298
Because the war was being fought on Empire lands, not Thalmor. Even if they won the war, the damage to their people and resources would be devastated, while the Thalmor would still have their territories free of damage, and when the rest of the Thalmor forces arrived, they would be fucked.
A drawn out battle was not in the Empire's favor. Especially one that razed their land.
>>
>>379780935
Imperials is the better choice because it fucks the elves over more. Stormcloaks keeps mankind weak and divided.
>>
>>379790607
>Sotmrcloaks if you want Skyrim to be independent and free until the far superior forces of the Thalmor turns Skyrim into giant open grave because they have far superior power, number and resources
And mages.
>>
>>379790853
>the Thalmor couldn't conquer them
In large part because they had tons of Legion soldiers there to help them unofficially.
>>
>>379787789
>And the Empire was never really enforcing the Concordat anyway until UIfric forced the matter by being an idiot.

This. The Thalmor told the Empire to ban Talos, but they never pursued it. They still let people keep their little shrines to Talos or secret meeting spots. It was one of those laws that is only there on paper and everyone pretends to follow.
But then there comes Ulfric kicking up a shitstorm, which made the Thalmor decide to send in agents to enforce the law violently.
>>
>>379791023
Literally WE WUZ DEFENDERZ N SHIIIEEET for taking credit for the Imperial Legion's victory
>>
>>379788962
Guess what? You're a susceptible meme loving fuck.
>>
File: 1490819262166.png (193KB, 397x547px) Image search: [Google]
1490819262166.png
193KB, 397x547px
Stormcloaks are literally the only choice

Only lefty scum choose Imperials and sell out their race and homeland
>>
>>379787938
Except that the Protagonist in every elder scrolls game always disappears at the end. I am hoping this is some big conspiracy and those "legendary heroes" are being snuffed out, kidnapped or are teamming up somewhere to fight some big bad in a later TES game.
A whole secret war going on in the post-game.
>>
>>379791176
It's funny because Trump is pretty much a good goy for furthering Wahhabi/Saudi agendas in Syria. Gotta bomb the people fighting the Wahhabis so that the whole place could become a nice Saudi style shithole.
>>
>>379790875
Delaying the main quest and the greybeards seems like a dumb move, the dragons never trigger until you do the first quest and you won't get many souls.
>>
>>379791306
>I am hoping this is some big conspiracy and those "legendary heroes" are being snuffed out, kidnapped or are teamming up somewhere to fight some big bad in a later TES game.
Or they're all actually the same being, reincarnating when they're needed to save the world and then leaving the people to rule themselves when they're not needed anymore. A guardian angel of sorts. I have a similar headcanon about the Ace Combat protagonists.
>>
>>379790883
Elves recover population far slower than men, and regardless of how bad cyrodil was getting fucked, once the aldmeri armies were broken there wouldn't have been anyone left to stop the empire from reclaiming everything and pushing into the isles.

That's ignoring the fact that the empire didn't sign a peace treaty as if they still were in the fight. They flat surrendered, rendering the sacrifice of all the people defending it worthless. The emperor betrayed his people because he was a coward and a weakling, and propping up the rotting corpse left after the war is a waste of treasure and manpower.
>>
File: Side Quests.jpg (195KB, 796x743px) Image search: [Google]
Side Quests.jpg
195KB, 796x743px
>>379780935
Both
>>
>>379791023
Where is that stated?
>>
>>379789921
>The nords do not need the empire
Except for all the food, resources and protection that a large part of skyrim receives, right? Because their land is largelly a frozen piece of shit where a shit ton of monsters and undead live.
The Empire always took care of Skyrim. It is like when parents raise and support their neet neckbeard son while he is 30 years old and screams about how he is gonna move out or is independent.
>>
How do I be the master sneaky thief/evil rogue?

Limited Elder Scrolls experience here, I just want to run around and cut throats and steal stuff. Advice appreciated.
>>
>>379791589
why wouldn't righty just cut out the middleman and go with lefty from the beginning?
>>
>>379791589
Left and Right were made for each other.
>>
>>379791653
crouch and use a bow
>>
>>379791696
Because yuri is a shit fetish
>>
>>379789921
Yeah, almost all of those happened either during that whole hell-is-literally-invading-our-whole-planet crisis, or the almost 30 year period afterward when Cyrodiil was tearing itself apart over the lack of an emperor caused by the aforementioned crisis (aside from the Dunmer, who basically had an apocalypse happen during that crisis and cracked into a bunch of bickering houses. It's hard to keep your provinces together when you're in a multi-decade civil war.
>pulls defeat from the jaws of victory by fucking surrendering to the elves that literally want to destroy the world
It wasn't a surrender, it was a very one-sided peace treaty which did suck. However, if you look at it from a perspective other than from Skyrim, the safest and most untouched province of the war aside from maybe High Rock, the reasoning for not pushing the advantage after the retaking of imperial city makes more sense. Cyrodiil as a province got assraped during the war thanks to the Thalmor blitzkrieg. People were dying left and right, the vast majority was still under Thalmor control, and manpower pools were running low. Mede's highest priority was getting the thalmor out of his homeland and ending the war as soon as the Thalmor lost their biggest bargaining chip i. e. the capital. The recapture of the city was the whole reason they were able to negotiate in the first place.
The empire needs everybody, and if you think the nords can take the thalmor on by themselves, you're sorely mistaken.
>>
>>379791604
In the in-game book "The Great War":
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_War_(Book)

>In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.
>>
File: 798798.jpg (50KB, 387x550px) Image search: [Google]
798798.jpg
50KB, 387x550px
>>379781640
This really activates my patriotism chip.
>>
>>379789876
>the protagonists canonically vanish into thin air as soon as you're done playing

...woah
>>
>>379791795
But if all girls start loving each other
Then all boys would have to start loving each other
>>
>>379780935
>Entire conflict is engineered and pointless and is basically just the Aldmeri playing both factions against each other to keep inflicting casualties on the Empire and Skyrim without technically being at war and taking none themselves.
>Even the people playing divide themselves down the line of Empire vs Stormcloaks and debate which is right instead of looking at the bigger picture and realizing that the whole thing is basically just two sides taking out their frustration at the Dominion on each other and destroying their ability to rally against the Dominion in the process.
Face it, we deserve to be enslaved by the Elves for being this fucking stupid.
>>
>>379791604
It is literally the reason why hammerfell was so mad. Because the Empire pulled out their legion when the Thalmor started hitting them, so they needed their legion back to protect themselves.
>"How dare you take back MY armies that you were lending to me so you can protect yourself" - redguard
>>
>>379780935

If you break into the thalmor embassy up in the mountain and knock out their coastal outposts, you can find documents in every government establishment saying they're using the nords as agents of their agenda to weaken the Empire.

Nords are literally pawns and only one trying to help them is the Empire.

Civilization comes at a cost and with elves out there trying to put their foot on throats of men, even an imperfect weapon is better than none.
>>
>>379780935
When did Ulfric ever torture and murder innocent people?
>>
>>379791534
I trigger the first part of the main quest on Skyrim proper so the dragons show up. The delay going to the greybeards until after i got to solstheim and finish most of the content there including harvesting as many dragon souls as possible. You don't recover the ones Miraak steals so it's best to get them before you meet him the first time
>>
>>379789921
Yeah, because the racist as fuck nords would surely gain their support. The stormcloaks under Ulfric literally brutalize and abuse the other races on their own "HQ".
>>
>>
>>379790551
There's nothing saying that won't happen canonically once bethesda makes the next game and actually clarifies the fucking story.

I also support the dragonborn becoming emperor. If you do all the dark brotherhood quests, the seat is vacant for a convenient heir to take.
>>
>>379791589
>Taking advantage of right girl's kindness
That's wrong. I'd be happy just living with the right girl. Left girl seems like a bitch.
>>
>>379792057
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bear_of_Markarth

>Every official who worked for the Forsworn was put to the sword, even after they had surrendered. Native women were tortured to give up the names of Forsworn fighters who had fled the city or were in the hills of the Reach. Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him
>>
>>379791653
It's actually pretty easy to do that in Skyrim. There's a reason that the stealth archery meme exists.
>>
>>379791653
>Get shittiest bow and arrows you can (iron)
>Goto dungeon
>Climb on top of rubble in dark corner and stay still
>Stay still and snipe enemies
>You sneak and archery will level quickly.
>>
>>379792057
>>379792057
>>379792057
Fake news, Ulfric is a good man who loves children and puppies, he would never harm anyone other than an elf or an imperial.
>>
>>379792234
Reminder that the forswarn are literally cannibals that ritually murder people and rip out their hearts.

If anything ulfric didn't go far enough.
>>
File: 1362641758326.jpg (25KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1362641758326.jpg
25KB, 288x288px
>>379792234
>Heathen primitives and their sympathizers
>People
>>
>>379785319

I've lurked for a long time and I still can't figure it out so I'm gonna be a huge faggot and ask: what does d&c mean

Thanks
>>
>>379791380
I didn't say anything about supporting/rejecting Trump's politics, I was directly insulting you. Please don't reply to me ever again.
>>
>>379792391
Even murdering his own for not being as badass as he is?
>>
>>379792461
I'm not that anon, but you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>379790794
>implying any of them will feel like making friends with an isolationist state that just fought them in a war and made it clear they don't want to cooperate with anyone who isn't a nord.
>>
>>379792440
>nords calling someone primitive
>>
>>379792461
Or else what? You're gonna complain to /r/the_donald, post shadilay or try to use meme magic on me? Your so called god emperor is a tool that is used by the Saudis and Israel to further their agendas in the Middle East. Completely and utterly goyim.
>>
>>379792391
>That much is true, but what the bards often fail to tell in their stories is that the Forsworn Kingdom was quite peaceful for those 2 years they were in power.
>True, some crimes were committed against former Nord landowners (often those accused of being the harshest towards their native workers), but on the whole the Forsworn ruled their lands fairly, and were making overtures to be recognized by the Empire as a legitimate kingdom.
>>
>>379790665
I wanted to join the stormcloaks until I realized that I had to extra shit bc I was a kajhit
I joined the imperials after that
>>
>>379791863
>It wasn't a surrender, it was a very one-sided peace treaty which did suck. However, if you look at it from a perspective other than from Skyrim, the safest and most untouched province of the war aside from maybe High Rock, the reasoning for not pushing the advantage after the retaking of imperial city makes more sense.
And even though they have the most left to lose and probably didn't need the Empire as much as the Nords did, the based Bretons stayed loyal. The Empire can certainly use a bunch of magic-resistant sorcerers to not only tank Thalmor fireballs, but use them to feed their own retaliatory lightning bolts.
>>
>>379792592
Forsworn are like the west virginian inbreds of cyrodil. Literally everyone else is smater than them.
>>
>>379792742
>Kill everyone who was there originally
>wow 2 years of peace!
>>
>>379791983
Actually, pretty much everyone who supports the Empire realizes that the whole war is a Thalmor plot to weaken the human races, but that doesn't magically make the Stormcloaks disappear, so they want to kill Ulfric and end the war as quickly as possible.
>>
>>379792829
Thank you Bretons, you are greatest ally

Although to be fair, I think that's mostly because the empire usually doesn't do much to bother anyone in high rock, and most Bretons are too busy with their political intrigues to care about an independence war.
>>
>>379792448
I'd like to know this as well. Googling it gives me results on some kind of surgery for miscarriages.
>>
Neither. I did what I'd do if I were really there. Used whoever can get me out of the situation, took what I could, and split.
>Captain, his name is not on the list
>Who cares, cut his fucking head off
OK so fuck this cunt and her Imperial Army. This stupid bitch trying to climb the rank ladder or impress her boss is going to execute me for nothing.
>Hey, prisoner, follow me! I'll help!
>Oh by the way, we're storm cloaks and we stand to make Skyrim great again. And by great again I mean preserving the Nord way of life. Customs, tax free of the Imperials, etc

Aw man that actually sounds pretty cool I mean I'm starting off as a traveling Imperial whose own people were trying to kill me for no reason, sure I'll join...
>Oh and Skyrim can only truly be great again by getting rid of every single race not Nord. SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS!

Whelp. Fuck all of you. I'm going to become a traveling Daedric champion, punch dragons to death and literally eat their souls, and explore Dwarven ruins
>>
>>379793383
Highrock also is the birthplace of the battlemage. Having the toughness of humans and the magic of mer means they're one of the few races that can go toe-to-toe with a altmer and come out on top.
>>
>>379782225
>playing an unfinished game
>>
It really doesn't matter since the Dragonborn is OP as shit and whoever he sides with is guaranteed to win whatever war they get into. However, throwing the Dragonborn out of the equation, the Empire is the last hope for mankind. They're the only ones able to fight off the mer, but won't be able to unless Skyrim is working with them. After they rape the elves they can work out the Skyrim independence stuff.
>>
>>379792196
>once bethesda makes the next game and actually clarifies the fucking story

Bethesda won't clarify the story. It will obscure it so much that whichever side you chose, it won't matter. That's how lazy game companies write sequels. Your choices never matter.

At the end of the game, the head of the Blades won't even listen to me. Fuck that shit. I'm the motherfucking Dragonborn. When I tell you Blades to jump, you ask how high. Bethesda won't even let you kill that bitch. That's how little they care about player choice.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>379782225
The only reason to buy a Bethesda game is for the modding.
>>
>>379794101
>the head of the Blades
One out of two. Fuck bethesda for not letting us kill those idiots and just start over.
>>
>>379794084
>The Empire are the only ones able to fight off the mer

But that's a lie, Hammerfell broke away from the Empire and they were able to repel the Thalmor.
>>
>>379794207
>child mods

why do you perverts have to ruin everything?
>>
File: 1427995704118.jpg (8KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.jpg
8KB, 241x245px
what a very nice discussion we have here. so, everyone in here ready to buy Elder Scroll 6 ?
>>
>>379793797
I started with a similar mindset for my first game, and I was also playing an imperial. Except when Hadvar and Ralof confront each other and you choose which one to go with, I just kinda went straight for the door without knowing about the choice you had to make. Ended up with Hadvar, and he was just so fucking bro-tier that I couldn't not join the empire.
That and also because I would never betray Jarl Balgruuf "trapping dragons and emptying flagons" the Greater.
>>
>>379790607

>implying the thalmor dont do the same shit with the empire.

the empire is a cocksucker of then altmers and left them do anything than they want, fuck i hate this shit elves this all my force every altmer be need stack in the fucking ass and burned his shit ears and heads.
>>
>>379794652
Gib trailer first, then maybe.
>>
>>379794652

i do, i dont give a fuck about you todd but i wanna TES 6
>>
>>379794378
>they were able to repel the Thalmor
Only because the Empire helped them: >>379791898
>>
>>379780935
the empire.
the thalmors goal is to destroy the universe, and those knife-eared fucks started the whole storm cloak rebellion to weaken the empire.
while the empire is currently in a political mess with the thalmor, they need to be as strong as possible so that they can eventually kick the thalmors asses, and supporting the stormcloaks just makes them weaker and helps the elves.
anyone who goes stormcloak is a dirty elf sympathizer who wants literally everything to be destroyed.
>>
>>379794378
>In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.
>The truth of that assertion can, of course, never be known. But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventually Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.

They were fighting with Imperial Legion veterans and against a weakened Dominion
>>
>>379794960
>The Empire helped them by letting the Redguards natives free to defend their home country

Well this certainly merits the continued support of a corrupt and incompetent central government.
>>
>>379794471
Yes, because two mods that give them high res clothing and unique hair/faces is pervy.... You fucking retard.
>>
>>379794652
I'll let you know in 2020, when you actually release it.
>>
>>379795153
Point still stands: you faggots ruin everything you touch.
>>
>>379795326
>Point still stands

You're just suffering from severe projection there M8. You should have actually looked up the mods before you sperged out and shown everyone what a degenerate your are. Nobody but you was thinking and assuming that.
>>
>>379790049
speaking as a democrat so far left i bleed blue donkeys, communism can go fuck itself.
the system has never not resulted in massive human rights violations, and while capitalism has a whole lot of issues, its at least built a mostly functional society, and will take less work to fix than communism.
>>
>>379795445
>Pedophile calling anyone else degenerate
>>
>>379795150
You didn't read the greentext at all, did you? The Legion commander left a lot of his soldiers behind to unofficially help the Redguards, and it was those soldiers, not the natives, who were crucial in driving the Thalmor back.
>>
>>379795445
>pedo
>>
>>379795501
>RS overhaul is pedo content

Wew lad.
>>
>>379795493
This
The best system is how Teddy Roosevelt put it:"Capitalism protected from its own excesses"
Just have a broadly capitalist system, but put protections in place to stop human rights abuses and monopolies and other shit like that.
>>
>another skyrim thread
>another wave of pedophiles

it's like clockwork senpai
>>
>>379780935
for me.. it's the stormcloaks, the best fast food sandwich
>>
>>379795801
>I just want to stare at children in unique outifts, that doesn't make me a p-pedophile
>>
>>379791792
>>379792331
>>379792339
Will the whole sneak thing work out as well with daggers? Daggers is more along the lines of what I had in mind for my character. Or like a crossbow or something.

I don't want to be a fucking peasant running around with a hunting bow or some shit.
>>
>>379795905
teddy roosevelt is one of my personal heroes, and it makes me damn happy to know he felt the same as me on this.
>>
>>379796115
>Will the whole sneak thing work out as well with daggers?

One you get a few perks in sneaking you can
>>
File: 1420329212873.jpg (42KB, 647x435px) Image search: [Google]
1420329212873.jpg
42KB, 647x435px
I'd rather kill both and take Skyrim for myself.
>>
>>379796264
And like almost everything else, there's a mod for that:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41087/?
http://imgur.com/gallery/6Zl7k
>>
>>379794247
>Fuck bethesda for not letting us kill those idiots

Remember when player choice and stats mattered? If you have a high speech score, you should be able to order the Blades to arrest her. Like a professional military. That's the rpg game that I want to play.

Dragonborn: Blades! Degain is insubordinate. As the Dragonborn, I am reliving her of command. I order you to confiscate her weapons and take her into custody until trial.
>>
The Empire has lost its divine mandate. Skyrim wouldn't even be the first country to secede should the stormcloaks win; not only that, but the stormcloak victory and imperial withdrawal would be the quickest end to separatist violence (whereas an imperial victory only martyrs ulfric and encourages continued pockets of resistance).

As leftie scum, of course I'm not ok with the xenophobia and bigotry Ulfric allows to run rampant in the spheres of his influence, but as a red-blooded elf hating human being, a quick stormcloak victory (and prospective alliance with Cyrodiil) bears the quickest and surest path to victory over those yellow fucks with their magnus fascination and auriel dakimakuras
>>
>all these empirefags
skyrimbabbies get out. if you played at least 1 of the other games, you would understand there's no saving the Medecuck dynasty.
>>379791629
Skyrim is an agriculatural powerhouse though. THEY probably import more to Cyrodiil than vice versa.
>The Empire always took care of Skyrim.
Except they didn't. In fact they're doing the exact opposite in the time of Skyrim by letting the Thalmor roam free there while they sit comfy in the capital.
>>
>>379797140
look upon the thalmor agent and laugh, children
>>
>>379797140
>Stormcuck telling other people to fuck off and play other games when they're the faction that first appeared in Skyrim
>>
>>379797235
>anti-empire makes you thalmor
put a trip on so I can disregard you for the rest of the thread
>>
>>379797140
>In fact they're doing the exact opposite in the time of Skyrim by letting the Thalmor roam free there while they sit comfy in the capital.
The only reason they're doing that is because they have to, and the only reason they have to is because of Ulfric's stupidity.
>>
File: Imperial_Trigger.jpg (79KB, 465x726px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Trigger.jpg
79KB, 465x726px
>>379780935
Stormcloaks. Ulfric is Trump with less superpowers.
>>
>>379796264
This. It's not like they wouldn't be willing to dragon break you into some nobody warlord who ruled for like a year before whatever canon they actually want takes effect
>>
>>379797424
So a goy used by foreign forces to manipulate the gullible goys? Sounds about right
>>
>>379797325
>implying I'm a stormcuck
this is the problem with you empirefags. you're so narrow-minded. "yerr either with us or yerr against us." Ulfric's a fucking moron but at least he's not 100% incompetent like Mede. Stormcloaks are the least worst decision, you just have to choose them if someone makes you pick one or the other because the Empire is completely irredeemable in every way. Same reason why you would vote for Trump.
>>379797351
Actually they don't have to. They're just spreading their cheeks and letting the Thalmor impose their will.
>>
>>379791696
Maybe she only likes hugs from guys.
>>
>>379794652
God damn me, I'll buy it at full price and probably not even regret it.

I'm looking far more to the toddposting though tbqh.
>>
>>379797485
There can't be any more dragon breaks, Lorkans heart is destroyed. The only other thing that could trigger one perhaps (the eye of Magnus) is with the psijic order
>>
File: 1496943417539.jpg (81KB, 615x850px) Image search: [Google]
1496943417539.jpg
81KB, 615x850px
>>379780935
Imperial any day
To bad this decision is mostly irrelevant in the game
Should have been a epic civil war of magnitudes in game,nope,just some 4v4 Stormie's vs imp.
>>
>Empire could have let Skyrim secede just like Hammerfell did
>They could have remained allies albeit separate unions like Hammerfell
>This wouldn't have violated the Concordat
>This wouldn't have wasted men and resources
>This wouldn't have weakened both provinces for the next war
Defend this, Empirefags. Explain to me how Titus Mede II is NOT an absolute retard.
>>
This thread is in desperate need of waifus.
>>
>>379797712
Lorkhan's heart isn't the only thing that can cause a dragon break. The numidium has done it before with more or less a knockoff heart of lorkhan, using a shezzarine soul. It's not been explicitly called one in lore, but those fucks who sent Alduin into the future used an elder scroll to cause an event that matches the MO of a dragon break.
>>
>>379798102
>Empire could have let Skyrim secede just like Hammerfell did

Except the high king said Skyrim was to stay in the empire, and what he said goes is meant to be obeyed. Ulfric should have honored the old ways and respected the high king but instead betrayed him in an attempt to seize power for himself then proceeded to hide in Windhelm while the Thalmar marched unopposed through Skyrim. Ulfric was a coward.
>>
File: le trustworthy mer ally.png (30KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
le trustworthy mer ally.png
30KB, 550x585px
>>379798102
>Let the goy divide and conquer themselves, that way A-riel's chosen people will easily conquer the weak and fractured goyim and rise as effendis
>>
>>379780935
>I'm a white, handsome Nord so I guess race doesn't have much to do in this case.
Than you join the Stormcloaks you fucking race traitor.

Though with that said I'd never roll Nord in Skyrim. I think the Stormcloaks are just a bunch of asshurt angry savages that can't just grow up with the rest of the world. And that's true considering how much shit they give every single non-Nord character.
>>
File: 1495680176445.png (23KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
1495680176445.png
23KB, 450x532px
>>379788962
>having to greentext "me"
>ever siding with stormcloaks
yikes
>>
>>379798207
>but those fucks who sent Alduin into the future used an elder scroll to cause an event that matches the MO of a dragon break.

No, there was no splitting of the timeline in that case, Adluin was just sent forward.
And the Mantella gem was shattered and its pieces scattered in aetherius, the only ones who knew how such a thing might be constructed are now long dead.

If they're going to add another dragon break into the mix they'd need the intervention of a deadric prince, Sheogorath would fit the bill considering his power and love of messing with people.
>>
>>379798314
Wasn't it stated that the king highly respected Ulfric, and would have probably followed his lead if he made a big fuss over leaving the empire? Instead Ulfric decides to assblast him using the single tonal technique his chad brain had the attention span to learn, then take his followers and tear the country in half. He could have rallied a sovereign, legitimate political effort to secede; instead, he decided to kill the king and literally tear the country in half. The empire didn't have much choice but to step in and support the rightful liege in the civil war.
>>
>>379798314
The high king was a boy drinking the Empire's koolaid, and Ulfric challenged him to a fair duel in the old Nordic way. He's not "hiding" in Windhelm. Hell, you find him captured in the beginning of the game because he's in the field with his men, and he's in Windhelm the rest of the time because he's the fucking Jarl (also game mechanics for you to start the CW quest).
>>
>>379798102
That was the high kings decision, Ulfric could have tried to convince him (which it was implied that he could have) but he chose to kill him instead, causing the war when it didn't even have to happen.
>>
>>379781640
ethnic nationalism has nothing to do with communism you retard
>>
>>379797093
>(and prospective alliance with Cyrodiil)
Tbh I don't really see any alliance with cyrodiil being an option. If the stormcloaks force the out of skyrim, the empire is most certainly going to be butthurt at them for a while.
Now Hammerfell, THEY would probably be very happy to ally an independent skyrim.
>>
please post waifus
>>
>>379799146
High King is dead, Ulfric is the rightful king now. Not only is the Empire wasting their time trying to reclaim a kingless Skyrim, but they are blatantly disregarding the country's tradition and custom.
>>
>>379799046
>Wasn't it stated that the king highly respected Ulfric

Yep. That's how Ulfric got close enough to kill the high king in the first place. He promised him it would be an honorable duel then fus-ro-dah'ed his ass into pieces before he could even draw his sword.
He calls himself a true Nord but ignored the single most important aspect of Nord traditions, fighting and dying honorably.
>>
File: 1484417273050.jpg (90KB, 680x645px) Image search: [Google]
1484417273050.jpg
90KB, 680x645px
>>379799243
Not like they need the shell of the former empire on their side anyway.
>>
I don't know whose decision it was to have the Empire try to execute your character at the beginning. It skews the civil war choice in the Stormcloak's favor

Almost nobody is going to side with the guys that treated you like dirt and tried to kill you unless you're some autistic lorefag role-player
>>
>>379799342
What's dishonorable about dying to the Thu'um? Torygg was young and inexperienced, but he didn't say no to the duel.
>>
>>379798102
>Explain to me how Titus Mede II is NOT an absolute retard.

Did you not finish the Dark Brotherhood questline? Guy begs you to kill the person who hired you to kill him, he's a complete moron.
>>
>>379799259
>High King is dead, Ulfric is the rightful king now

No. Without confirmation of the moot Ulfrics claims to the throne are hot air, no true nord is going to back a man who fights and runs like a coward.
>>
>>379799259
Ulfric could have just told the high king that the thalmor are killing whoever they want and the people of skyrim don't feel safe and that they should separate from the empire until the next war starts when they can ally with the empire, if the high king wants to secede than all the other Jarls will follow, no civil war needed, but because Ulfric is a braindead fuck he thought that murdering someone for no reason was the right thing to do, I don't know how you can defend his actions when things could have turned out much better if he tried to talk instead of just mindlessly killing.
>>
>>379797712
>>379798768
Use your imagination anon. Dragon breaks don't have to be caused by something related to Lorkhan, the only real requirement for one is that something powerful enough makes reality not make sense to such an extent that time breaks until things start making sense again. Like, for instance, a mortal idiot with an aedric soul and effortless access to tonal techniques (the dragonborn).
>>
>>379799438
Torygg ended up in valhalla, so i can't see him being all that butthurt about the duel.
>>
>>379799532
>who fights and runs like a coward
You keep saying that, but there's no truth to it. Only Empirebabs say there was no fair duel because they're pissy about losing their cucked king.
>>
>>379799259
Killing the High King doesn't make you High King.

Without a High King, the jarls would need to convene for a moot to decide the new High King. Ulric just would have been first in the running.
>>
>>379799556
>Ulfric could have just told the high king that the thalmor are killing whoever they want and the people of skyrim don't feel safe
Actually, Ulfric couldn't have told him that, because that shit didn't start until after Ulfric killed the High King and started his rebellion.
>>
>>379799613
Ulfric also ends up in Sovengarde, so the fact is neither of them was wrong or right.
>>
>>379799696
It started happening right after the markarth incident, which was a while before his death.
>>
>>379799664
>Ulric just would have been first in the running.
Which in this case means his word is the closest thing there is to law. If he and half the jarls say they want to secede, the Empire had better fucking listen.
>>379799696
Not true. The stormcloaks were around far before Torygg was killed, and waaaay before that there was discontent among the Nords about the Concordat.
>>
>>379799259
there is no rightful king, because ulfric killed torygg before he had a child, and is too busy tearing the country in half for the jarls to convene a moot
>>
>>379799574
Like i said a deadric prince could do the job.
However, If they dragon broke the plot of the next game though it would be unoriginal and lazy as all fuck.
I bet bethesda will do it that way though since they've ran out of good ideas.
>>
>>379796867
>not the better version
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79490/?
>>
>>379799438
>what's wrong with wielding the ability to rewrite reality around you in a duel with a muggle who can't even cast a fireball
>>
>>379781910
>Even in death, this one blazes it, faggot
Underrated
>>
>>379799953
A lion uses all of its strength even when hunting a rabbit.
>>
>>379799849
>Ulric just would have been first in the running.

Nope. Torygg's wife is next in line, that's why she is sitting on the throne while Ulfric isn't. And if Ulfric hadn't murdered him he would have had a son that would have most likely gained the throne.
>>
>>379799613
Well, it does mean he'll be separated from his wife for several decades, but decades probably feel like hours in the afterlife, so it won't matter that much.

>>379799754
Actually, if you talk to him in Sovngarde, Ulfric says he *was* wrong.

>>379799806
>>379799849
>Not true. The stormcloaks were around far before Torygg was killed, and waaaay before that there was discontent among the Nords about the Concordat.
But in both those cases, it's still Ulfric's fault, and the High King should logically say "That shit's only happening because you had to be a fucking idiot!"
>>
>>379799876
They did it for both daggerfall and morrowind. It's kind of what they do when elder scrolls games have multiple endings.
>>
>>379780935
>Empire so bloated it can't be bothered to kill 50 city guards and crush a rebellion and leaves the regions capital defended by 20 people.
>Jarldom so incompetent that it relies on happenstance to stop the execution of its leader and randomly appoints you as their chief lieutenant after you show a minor amount of competence.
How are you suppose to feel invested in this shit show?
>>
>>379780935
You literally walk through an imperial torture chamber in the first hour of the fucking game.
>>
>>379780935
In an Empire, only the capital profits
>>
>>379792448
divide and conquer, goy
>>
>>379800030
>A lion uses all of its strength even when hunting a rabbit.

The entire point of the duel was a test combat prowess in an equal and honorable fashion. Using the voice against an opponent he knew didn't have the same training in is a cheap tactic. That would be like challenging someone to an arm wrestling match, shooting them in the stomach, then declaring yourself the winner.
>>
>>379800030
But if the lion pretends to be a rabbit himself to trick the real rabbit into thinking he's getting a fair duel, then it isn't exactly fair.
>>
>>379780935
too bad you can't side with the khajit and kill them all.
>>
>>379786262
Nah, the wisest decision would be to avoid war, the thalmor profits with any side winning
>>
>>379800130
Exactly, they've already beaten that horse dead.
>>
>>379780935

To start out Bethesda are assholes and neither matter. Fuck you Todd. Fuck you with a rake.

On the other hand you should pick Imperials because it's the union of the Empire that matters. Not Skyrim as it's own country. All the lore leads to this. The young Nords of Skyrim literally built the Empire. To go with a retarded "leader" that was a plant by filthy fucking Thalmore is spitting in the face of Lorkhan himself. He who sheltered humans and is basically according to lore the only reason humans exist.
>>
>>379800243
>it's unfair that one guy is athletic and combat trained while the other is a fat neet
Why are empirefags so stupid?
>>
>>379800065
It's common tradition, not just in Skyrim, that losing a duel forfeits the throne to the victor and not your family in waiting. It's not explicitly stated, just an assumption on my part, but I think it's a fair assumption. If the Empire didn't step in and support Elisif, she would not have had any power to retain the throne.
>>379800102
>It's Ulfric's fault that the Concordat is unjust and all the true Nords are understandably upset.
Okay.jpg
>>379800243
>>379800246
>in an equal and honorable fashion.
Yes, that's what it was. Man vs man.
>if the lion pretends to be a rabbit himself to trick the real rabbit into thinking he's getting a fair duel
Nigga Ulfric's knowledge of the Voice is no secret. There are no rules that say you cannot use the Voice in a duel. It's as much a core part of Nordic tradition as is the very concept of dueling.
>>
>>379788912
Shitty but comfy
>>
>>379800357
Or, you know, it's a unique way for a franchise to build a canon on top of branched endings.
>>
>>379800506
The nords denounced using the thuum for combat once the greybeards started, it is a very dishonorable thing to abuse it.
>>
>>379800354
>Nah, the wisest decision would be to avoid war
That doesn't mean it's possible.
>>
>>379799348
Actually I just thought of one alteration to make to my previous post, >>379799243
Cyrodiil wouldn't be okay with an immediate alliance, for the aforementioned reasons. It is highly likely, however, that they would begrudgingly ally with the nords if the dominion declared war, or at least would join in if Skyrim or hammerfell made significant gains in their own campaigns against the thalmor.

Relations would likely still be very cold due to the stain on imperial honor left by the war, but if the nords prove they can take the fight to the elves and win, the empire would be unlikely to not take advantage and begin their own campaign as well.
>>
>>379800354
The profit more if both sides are endlessly fighting. It's better if the Dragonborn picks a side and ends the war. Even if the Stormcloaks take back Skyrim I'm sure that Ulfric is smart enough to agree to a truce to unite against a greater enemy.
>>
>>379800386
this entire post reeks of skyrimbab
>>
>>379800760
The Way of the Voice doesn't denounce the use of Thu'um for combat, it only emphasizes all the other uses. The Nords of the fourth era are so out of touch with the Way and the Graybeards anyway that this is a total non-issue.
>>
>>379800506
Nigga what? The voice is a monastic tradition. One of the main reasons everyone was so horrified at ulfric's actions in the duel is that he used a technique usually save for religious purposes to kill a man in what should have been a steel-on-steel duel.
>>
>>379800850

What is "skyrimbab?"
>>
>>379800506
>It's Ulfric's fault that the Concordat is unjust and all the true Nords are understandably upset.
The Concordat wasn't even being enforced until Ulfric started making noise. Loud, stupid noise. It's like how pirating games is technically illegal, but pretty much no one who does it ever gets arrested for it, but that would change if people decided to gather in large groups to scream about how much they love piracy while providing all the evidence of their piracy to the news and the police.
>>
>>379800506
Using the Thuum in combat was considered dishonorable and even worse it was used in an honorable duel. The greybeards taught it to him under the promise that it's study would be used as a means of enlightenment, not to be used to murder another man.
That's why nobody supported Ulfric after the duel.
>>
>>379800386

Ulfric is hardly a plant, he is an honorbound man who

The Imperials on the other hand would appoint Jarls who would use bandits and thieves to fleece the people while they enjoyed life. Imperial rule. The Stormcloaks may be a suspicious lot but at least they don't openly take bribes.
>>
>>379800845
>Ulfric is smart enough to agree to a truce to unite against a greater enemy.
What gave you that impression? He's a throne claimant that will do anything to stay in a position of power, not a man of reason.
>>
>>379781910

Well, if you believe the whole reincarnation bits your character will suffer for it in their next life.
>>
>>379801105
>The voice is a monastic tradition.
You're completely ignoring the "conquest the fuck out of everyone and shout down their walls" tradition. No one in Skyrim honestly believes the Voice's only purpose is for pacifism. E.g. The Blades, even though Delphine can go suck a dick.
>>379801208
>The Concordat wasn't even being enforced until Ulfric started making noise
It wasn't Ulfric making noise, it was the droves and droves of Nords.
>>379801189
Someone who only played Skyrim, who doesn't understand why the concept of a "united Empire" is the most inane idea ever.
>>379801267
>nobody supported Ulfric after the duel.
*No Empire backed person supported him. ftfy. They call it dishonorable because it's the only thing they can reach for to put an asterisk on his victory in the duel.
>>
>>379801298
The silver bloods literally buy their way into control of Markarth when it's taken by Stormcloaks
>>
>>379800845
>Ulfric is smart
>>
>>379800845
>Ulfric is smart enough to agree to a truce to unite against a greater enemy

Which is why he divided his nation over a complete non-issue, murder it's king, and sent it into a civil war making it easier for the Thalmar to invade it without resistance?
>>
>>379801516
>No Empire backed person supported him. ftfy. They call it dishonorable because it's the only thing they can reach for to put an asterisk on his victory in the duel.

Skirt around it all you want but in the end his claim was rightfully ignored and the fact he didn't gain the throne proves that.
>>
>>379801298

>hardly a plant
>meanwhile in reality
>being used by the Thalmore

Stop. This isn't a really in depth game. One playthough spells out how silly he was. How delusional he was. How blatantly used he was. One document in the game describes it all as you literally infiltrate the Thalmore.
>>
>>379801521
>implying they don't control it already
They need only plant their asses on the throne by the time the Empire is removed.
>>379801527
>>379801596
He has his independence and reinstated Talos worship. Why the fuck would he antagonize the Empire further?
>>
>>379801815
>He has his independence and reinstated Talos worship. Why the fuck would he antagonize the Empire further?
For the same reason Trump openly confesses to obstruction of justice on national television: Because he's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>379801815
>He has his independence and reinstated Talos worship.

The ban on Talos worship was not enforced. And he had no right to reinstate shit, he was never high king.
>>
>>379794207
Load order?
>>
>>379801773
It was ignored and he didn't gain the throne because the Empire are salty petty bitches. That's all there is to it. All that "proves" is that the Empire will use any underhanded maneuver they can to try to maintain control. Just like, you know, how they tried to execute him before his trial? It happens again and again with the Empire, it's crumbled so far that the only remaining are liars and thieves.
>>
>>379801521

They have always paid patronage to Ulfric, at least Thongvor would properly pay his respect to his ancestors while Maven would find some way to make a couple of septims off the bones of her family's corpses.
>>
>>379801995
Oh for fuck sake can you keep your faggy Trump bashing out of this. Between this and trap shitposters it seems like you can't have a sngle thread without this bullshit.
>>
>>379801516

>someone who doesn't understand why the concept of a "united Empire" is the most inane idea ever

This fucking happened under the Septims after the events of the Warp of the West. They united most of it.
>>
>>379801995
>becos he's an idiot herr derr
stay out of discussions if you have nothing to contribute
>>379802025
>The ban on Talos worship was not enforced.
lol?
>And he had no right to reinstate shit, he was never a high king
Except for when he earned the right to the throne in a duel.

You empireniggers are just resorting to circular logic at this point. I'm getting tired.
>>
>>379801516
>You're completely ignoring the "conquest the fuck out of everyone and shout down their walls" tradition. No one in Skyrim honestly believes the Voice's only purpose is for pacifism. E.g. The Blades, even though Delphine can go suck a dick.

t. doesn't know anything about skyrim's history

The way of the voice as passed down by nords was specifically founded by someone who considered it his greatest failing to have used it for conquest.
>>
>>379802171
The SEPTIMS are not in the picture anymore. Not even in the same ballpark. Not in the same county...

Have you not been following the conversation? The whole theme of the games Morrowind through Skyrim is showing how much the Empire has since crumbled.
>>
>>379790049
ridiculous, you've got another power interfering in your election and you're blowing it off as if it matters about whether you like them or not
>>
>>379802263
I know everything about Skyrim's history, I know for a fact I know more than you. You're assuming the Way of the Voice is ubiquitous with all Nord tradition. Everyone doesn't agree that it should be used for pacifism. Not even close. The majority of the people you talk to about the Greybeards in Skyrim think they're strange, ableit respectable.
>>
>>379801815
Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please. I'm fairly sure the furthest he planned out his rebellion was to the point where he was recognized as the high king.
>>
>>379802034
The empire was started by the biggest liar and thief, its tradition but that doesn't matter since they keep the peace, 200 years ago when the emperor died, the world went to shit without an empire to keep control. They aren't perfect but they are the best that tamriel has got, they have high living standards and have brought that to most of tamriel.

You can't say that Ulfric isn't shady when he murdered the high king out of either a lust for power or pure incompetence, appointed lots of stupid Jarls (for the most part they are worse than the imperial ones) and is completely ignorant that he was manipulated by the thalmor and is just following their plan almost exactly.
>>
>>379802294

I followed this very short show of posts to BTFO of anyone saying that the Empire can't be reconstructed and the Septims weren't just basically Lorkhan handled.

I mean in Morrowind you're literally greeted before facing Dagoth Ur himself to give you his lucky coin. Lorkhan himself giving your his good graces. That's huge in terms of the lore of Elder Scrolls overall.
>>
File: ancano_by_mospineq-d5emlwf.jpg (769KB, 900x1116px) Image search: [Google]
ancano_by_mospineq-d5emlwf.jpg
769KB, 900x1116px
>>379780935
Thalmor.
Join the mustard race.
>>
Doesn't matter. The Bretons alone beat the Redguards, Wood Elves and Deadra at the same time when they tried to invade High Rock. No shitty meme empire can invade High Rock because the Bretons live there, Skyrim doesn't matter because the Elves can never, ever tear down High Rock's tower. High Rock too stronk.
>>
>>379802735
What war was that?
>>
>>379802525
Why the fuck would the Empire keep trying to retake Skyrim even after he has the support of the nine Jarls and the crown? Even Titus Mede II isn't THAT retarded.
>>379802528
They sure as fuck didn't keep the peace when the Thalmor attacked. They completely and utterly failed in every aspect. I never said Ulfric isn't shady either, but compared to the Empire and Mede he's like a choir boy.
>>379802603
Okay? You still never explained how you think the Empire can be reconstructed at this point. It's going to take another Septim, and that's something you cannot rely on, especially since the Empire tried to decapitate the most recent Shezzarine.
>>
>>379802176
Peasants salivating over the fantasy that they're reality warping conquerors does not constitute a respectable philosophical difference over the use of the voice. Name me one notable person, other than "brings a gun to a knife fight" Ulfric, who tried to use the voice for conquest after Jurgen Windcaller.
>>
>>379802808
Camoran Usurper Wars
>>
>>379782068
>don't play the game
Game becomes 1000x better
>>
>>379802920
>Name me one notable person, other than "brings a gun to a knife fight" Ulfric, who tried to use the voice for conquest after Jurgen Windcaller.
Anon... you're making this too easy. Just think for a second about what you asked of me, and reconsider if it was smart on your part.
>>
>>379802176
He forfeited the "right" to the throne when he made the duel dishonorable. If he had actually fought an honorable duel he'd have no reason to scurry away after.
>>
>>379780935
I went Imperial because when I went to see Ulfric after having survived being executed and a fucking dragon attack together, I would have expected him to be a bro. He was an asshole, so I shouted him to death.
>>
>>379803141
It's already been explained how the duel wasn't dishonorable. Now please, no more circular logic.
>>
>>379802735
High rock is stated to be one of the most populated places in tamriel, they would be powerful as shit if they weren't so fragmented.
>>
>>379802897

>It's going to take another Septim

Yes, the Dragonborn. Do you really think they're going to put this game as a direct sequel. They never will.

They've already set this shit up with the Dark Brotherhood questline.

Any game will be in the future and after the Dragonborn of Skyrim becomes the new Emperor.
>>
>>379803220
Just tell me why Ulfric killed him instead of talking to him about why he should secede, the only two options I can think of are pure incompetence or that he wants to be king himself.
>>
File: 22.jpg (215KB, 289x2062px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
215KB, 289x2062px
>>379802031
>>
>>379803292
>after the Dragonborn of Skyrim becomes the new Emperor.
Then dies and becomes a tentacle hentai victim for eternity.
>>
>>379803292
>Yes, the Dragonborn
Who the Imperials tried to kill and is too busy off riding dragons and playing chess with Hermaeus Mora in Apocrypha.
>>379803357
Likely because Ulfric is power-hungry. I will not deny that.
>>
>>379803292
>Dragonborn

Dragonborn is going to fuck off to Akavir.
>>
File: 1487911467946.png (51KB, 457x496px) Image search: [Google]
1487911467946.png
51KB, 457x496px
>>379803502

I. Fucking. Wish.
>>
>>379803363
>nudes - favoredsoulmeshes - erectver...

well, well, well, what do we have here anon.
>>
>>379803292
The dragonborn has absorbed so many dragon souls that he has claimed a large part of the Aka oversoul and he will transform into a dragon god. He's not gonna factor into the next game.
>>
>>379803647
A mod that isn't even running. It's for one of my other profiles using LL framework and sanguine's debauchery. Great mod if you're into kinky shit.
>>
>>379803124
I hope you're not stupid enough to be referring to a dragonborn as an adherent of the nordic traditions of the voice. The dragonborn aren't ascetics following a culture's ancient traditions, they're literal aedric souls flexing a natural part of their being.

If Ulfric had been a dragonborn, he might be able to claim that his use of the Thu'um was honorable, but as it is, he's a renegade greybeard whose use of the voice wouldn't be considered honorable in open battle, let alone in a duel. That's why no one views his victory as being anything but dishonorable. It would be like challenging someone to a pistol duel and then shooting them with an assault rifle, that you bought with religious alms.
>>
>>379803576

It's likely what they're going to do.

I mean they could make a canon end to the civil war plotline and choose a canon race, personality, and gender for the Dragonborn (which is what would be required for him to become an Emperor), but it's unnecessary. The Thalmor plotline does not need to be continued in this way.
>>
>>379803845
Okay dipshit, I guess you forgot TIBER FUCKING SEPTIM THE FOUNDER OF THE EMPIRE.

Bravo.
>>
>>379803220
It was never explained. You just said "b-but his lackey don't call him dishonorable!"
>>
>>379803790
>not using SOS
>wanting to have a permanently erect penis

Full retard.
>>
>>379803936
>Tiber Septim
>A fucking breton

They thought he was dragonborn anyway since he learned shouts before going to the greybeards.
>>
>>379803940
That's not what I said, only Imperials discredit his duel victory because claiming that use of the Voice is dishonorable is the only ground they have for their claim. And it only works on people who don't understand Nordic tradition.
>>
>>379803987
well with all those waifu mods he is gonna need a constantly erect benis
>>
>>379804084
So what if he's a breton? You told me to name a notable person and I did. Read your own fucking post you goddamn moron.
>>
>>379803770
>mantling akatosh by absorbing parts of him one dragon at a time
>TLD makes a cameo in the next game as a clock
I can dig it
>>
>>379802897
>Why the fuck would the Empire keep trying to retake Skyrim even after he has the support of the nine Jarls and the crown?
They have no reason not to. Even in his victory speech Ulfric eludes to the fact that the empire will try to retake solitude.
>>
stormcloaks are terrorists
you are literally playing into the hands of the thalmor
stop bringing your stupid IRL political rhetoric into this, the elves are the true enemy of man
>>
>>379804220
Finish my post, he was a 'dragonborn' as well so which means its not dishonorable since that would mean he has the thuum for some divine purpose.
>>
>>379803987
I wasn't willing to go through all the effort of installing XPMS skele, and god knows what else just to have SOS. Besides my dirty playthrough was more for the slavery and BDSM side of it, the sex was a distant thrid.
>>
File: 1495714350557.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1495714350557.gif
2MB, 425x481px
Why is nobody arguing from the Elf perspective here? Seems like the Thalmor are doing just fine.
>>
File: 1491777619147.jpg (36KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
1491777619147.jpg
36KB, 413x569px
>>379804632
>Why is nobody arguing from the Elf perspective here?
>>
>>379804632
Lots of elves tried to flee the summerset isles and they sent agents out and blew up refugee towns just to kill them, every non elf was either killed or fled the summerset isles, there are lots of high elves who hate the thalmor and they either have to follow them or be murdered. It doesn't sound very pleasant, even for the elves.
>>
>>379804632

Elves should rightly win, but you aren't able to help that happen in Skyrim. The only thing you can do is help turn in the Skald in Markarth.
>>
>>379803936
Tiber Septim IS a dragonborn, you retard
>>
File: 900px-SR-npc-Legate_Fasendil.jpg (195KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900px-SR-npc-Legate_Fasendil.jpg
195KB, 900x900px
>>379804632
>He thinks all elves are Thalmor
Legate Fasendil would like a word with you.
>>
post FUCKING waifus NOW
>>
>>379804270
>They have no reason not to.
What would they stand to gain by doing so? Their base, their footing in Skyrim is completely gone at that point. It would be like trying to start a whole conquest anew. Elisif is still there, kept alive through Ulfric's mercy, so that's one person they have. They're already battered, their Skyrim force has been wiped out, the next war with the Thalmor is looming, and they don't need to be concerned about defending Skyrim anymore. Tell me WHY trying to retake Skyrim is a good idea at this point. That would be EXACTLY what the Thalmor would want. It would be like fucking Christmas to them. They wanted the war to keep going so the nations of men get weakened, they get bummed out that it ends, and suddenly it starts up again and the man on man slaughter continues? They would be uncorking the victory champagne right then and there.
>Even in his victory speech Ulfric eludes to the fact that the empire will try to retake solitude.
Before the moot is convened maybe. After that, there's no chance.
>>379804347
That's completely contrived bullshit though. It would be okay if the dragonborn, who had the power fall into his lap through marysue bullshit, does it, but it's not okay when a man who trained and studied for decades does it? Explain your logic here.
>>
>>379803936
Are you completely illiterate or did you miss the part where I said that things are different for dragonborns? A breton Dragonborn, at that. Tiber Septim wasn't a Nord perverting an ancient tradition; he was, like the last dragonborn, an Aedric soul flexing a natural part of their being.
>>379804092
>only imperials
Except that's wrong. Unless you're dumb enough to think that someone siding against ulfric for acting dishonorably automatically makes him an imperial.

>And it only works on people who don't understand Nordic tradition

The only Thu'um related philosophy that survived in nordic culture was the way of the voice, which advocates against using the Voice for petty conquest.
>>
>>379804898

He is no true elf. He's culturally Imperial and likely has some mongrel genes in him as well.
>>
>>379804632
good goy
>>
>>379804936
>The only Thu'um related philosophy that survived in nordic culture was the way of the voice, which advocates against using the Voice for petty conquest.
I'm seeing a lot of headcanon here. If that was the case, the Dragonborn would be imprisoned every time he used Unrelenting Force to shout a bandit off a cliff.
>>
>>379804936
So all I'm getting from this post is
>Dragonborns abide by special rules (because you say so)
>Ulfric using the Thu'um in a duel is dishonorable (because you say so) because apparently the Way of the Voice is synonymous with Nordic law (because you say so)
I think I'm about done here. I'm not interested in discussing this topic with people who substitute lore with their own ideals.
>>
>>379805096
The dragonborn isn't a philosophy. It's a force of nature, a literal walking divine intervention; Dragonborns have a special position within the Way of the Voice. This is all established in conversation with arngeir. I can't believe I'm saying this, but have you even played skyrim?
>>
>>379804908
A dragonborn has been gifted the thuum from the gods which means the gods have a purpose for them, the people aren't going to stop that.

The reason the thuum is normally looked down on for use in combat is because humans first learned the thuum when they enslaved by dragons, they were in a time of need and used it to free themselves, but throughout the generations they started using it for much more selfish reasons, this culminated in an invasion of morrowind where there were lots of thuum users in their armies yet despite that they suffered a big defeat and a man named Jurgen Windcaller realised that using the Thuum for pointless or selfish things like that is the wrong way to use it an he started the greybeards who emphasies using the thuum for attaining enlightenment, this is how most people view the thuum, the dragonborn is an exception.
>>
Stormcloaks.

If the Thalmor are as big of a threat as the Imperials claim they are, just form a defensive alliance pact and allow the nords to remain independent. Problem fucking solved.
>>
>>379805318
>Dragonborns abide by special rules (because arngeir, the foremost follower of the way of the voice, says so)
>Ulfric using the Thu'um in a duel is dishonorable IN A NORDIC CONTEXT (because arngeir, the foremost follower of the way of the voice, the nordic Thu'um tradition, says so)
>because apparently the Way of the Voice is synonymous with Nordic TRADITION (because why else would they be the only ones able to preside over a peace treaty between two sides of a war that couldn't even be mended by a Moot)
>>
>>379780935
Skyrim won't survive without the empire (see skyrim agriculture)
If you want to worship Talos so badly try to keep the empire he created intact and worship him privately
Also neckbeard guy on right is a Thalmor agent
>>
>>379805548
>just allow a portion of your empire to secede.
>>
>>379805460
>>379805482
So what you're saying is if Ulfric was a Dragonborn, it would have been totally just for him to use the Thu'um to kill Torygg in a duel because "muh divine intervention?" It's not dishonorable just by virtue of him getting power from a different source?

Contrived. Bullshit.
>>
>>379805548
That was up to the high king and he was murdered before he got a chance to declare independance, maybe if Ulfric wasn't so quick to kill than this would all be avoided (he admired ulfric and would probably be convinced if ulfric tried). From there the war started because half of the Jarls didn't want ulfric and half of them did, the war would happen anyway, the empire doesn't have as much to do with it as you think.
>>
>>379805548
*kills ur emperor*
*captures your capital*
so hey uhh... about those elves
>>
>>379805704
>because why else would they be the only ones able to preside over a peace treaty
Because they're the only figure of authority with total neutrality.
>>
>>379805318
>Dragonborns abide by special rules (because you say so)
Actually, Arngeir literally says "The Dragonborn is the exception to all the rules."
>>
>>379806340
So I guess that would make it okay if he was the one to kill Torygg then huh
>>
>>379805780

Not the same anon but

>So what you're saying is if Ulfric was a Dragonborn, it would have been totally just for him to use the Thu'um to kill Torygg in a duel because "muh divine intervention?"

Yes. Dragonborns are given dragon souls by Akatosh himself. That means they are created by the god for a specific purpose that transcends mortal laws. It's also why the daedric princes get away with fucking with mortals, because being a god means you don't have to answer to laws.
If Ulfric was a dragonborn he could have used the voice to kill Torygg and the moot would have been forced to except it as divine will.

He was taught the thu'um by the greybeards under the promise he'd never use it in combat. Not only did he abuse the trust of the greybeards (who are highly respected by all nords as keepers of their most important traditions) he used it in an honorable duel to cheat.

Like it or not that's how the Nords view it which is why they refused to back his claim to the throne.
>>
Empire
If not for the fact that Ulfric is a bloodthirsty warmonger retard.
He has nearly no redeemable qualities and actively causes damage to humanity with the rebellion that he started by killing a sympathetic high king (who was inexperienced and young no less) then a civil war.
Thats not even looking at his history of killing civilians (markarth) and being captured in the great war (thalmor dossiers).
Then add the fact that the player is the Dragonborn, a literal figure that holds massive power and has arguably the greatest claim to becoming the next if not the current emperor of the empire.
I would argue that if the Dragonborn thought at all about what they were and read any history of the empire at all, they would realise that after defeating alduin and the stormcloaks they would hold massive sway in the empire and could easily land themself with at the very least being a part of the empires lineage.
In such a case, it only makes sense to reunite the empire even if you disregard how much of a shiteater ulfric and his stormcloak rebellion is. Since it's going to be yours soon anyway.
>>
>>379805318
>>379806340
Here is the dialogue:

Arngeir
The Voice was a gift of the goddess Kynareth, at the dawn of time. She gave mortals the ability to speak as dragons do. Although this gift has often been misused, the only true use of the Voice is for the worship and glory of the gods. True mastery of the Voice can only be achieved when your inner spirit is in harmony with your outward actions. In the contemplation of the sky, Kynareth's domain, and the practice of the Voice, we strive to achieve this balance.

Dragonborn
But I don't follow your philosophy. Why help me learn the Voice?

Arngeir
The Dragonborn is an exception to all the rules — the Dragon Blood itself is a gift of the gods. If we accept one gift, how can we deny the other? As Dragonborn, you have received the ability to Shout directly from Akatosh. We therefore seek to guide you on the proper use of your gift, which transcends the restrictions which bind other mortals.
>>
>>379805067
>>379804898
>that fucking nose
Yeah his mother was definitely SNOWBACK'd
>>
>>379806425
No, I suppose not. That's a fair point. Arngeir didn't say that Dragonborns were immune to corruption. After all, the very first one was evil as fuck.
>>
Empire, easily.

Ulfric was getting BTFO in his duel with Torryg and had to bitch out and use a shout to kill him like the milk drinker he is

Nords that abuse the voice like that always ALWAYS get punished hard eventually

Ulfric is doomed to failure no matter what in the future.
>>
>>379806509
see >>379806615
>Arngeir didn't say that Dragonborns were immune to corruption
And we see that in Miraak. If it's dishonorable for Ulfric to kill Torygg with the Thu'um, it's also dishonorable for a Dragonborn to kill him with the Thu'um. That is a fact.
>Like it or not that's how the Nords view it which is why they refused to back his claim to the throne.
Which Nords? Name one Nord who denies his claim to the throne who isn't allied with the Empire.
>>
>>379806795
Ulfric is especially doomed to failure since the fact that he dies in one branch means that he can't survive till the next game, since that would invalidate one ending.
>>
>>379806795
>Ulfric was getting BTFO in his duel with Torryg and had to bitch out and use a shout to kill him
But Torygg was dead before he drew his sword. Typical Imperial skyrimbabby window licker.
>>
>>379794652
I'm looking to download it illegally as soon as you release it
>>
>>379807025
>since that would invalidate one ending.
They did that with Morrowind tho.
>>
>>379807042
Nice propaganda snow ape. Tell me more about "muh ancestors" while you're at it.
>>
>>379807217
Except that propaganda is pushed by the Empire as part of their claim that the duel wasn't fair.
>>
>>379807025
>Implying Beth won't declare another Dragonbreak where the Empire and Stormcloaks both simultaneously win and lose the war at the same time
>>
>>379807185
That was minor and optional, this is a required thing to do which happens in 1/2 of the civil war endings, they have never disregarded something this major before.
>>
>>379807337
The civil war is optional though
>>
>>379807337
Nigga do you not remember all the endings of Daggerfall being canon at once even though they are all mutually exclusive in the game itself?

Beth don't give a fuck about keeping things straight
>>
>>379807406
It is the second most important questline in the game, they aren't just going to disregard that, they try to avoid bringing up major decisions to not invalidate peoples choices, sometimes it happens but it is only with minor stuff, this isn't minor.
>>
>>379807539
They aren't going to use a dragon break again when they could easily resolve this the same way as they did with morrowind or oblivion.
>>
>>379806953
>If it's dishonorable for Ulfric to kill Torygg with the Thu'um, it's also dishonorable for a Dragonborn to kill him with the Thu'um. That is a fact.

How many times does it have to be explained?
Dragonborn's aren't subject to the same rules when using the thu'um as everyone else. I don't know how many times this has to be said.

And even if Dragonborns can be corrupted it doesn't change the fact their thu'um powers are granted by Akatosh and are therefore considered above common law.

And no Yarls were backing Ulfric with any real force during the civil war because his actions made it impossible to honorably do so, they may have agreed with him at first but the way he went about cheating in his duel made it impossible later on.
There's a reason you're only fighting against Ulfrics men and not against soldiers from any of the other holds.
>>
>>379807314

MK already said there doesn't need to be a Dragonbreak (for what that's worth).

And he's right. They can easily write around either side of the war winning.
>>
>>379807565
To counter your point then, Tullius dies in one branch. Tullius dying means Skyrim is free for the taking. According to you, they can't just "invalidate people's choices."

But no seriously, we all know the canon resolution is going to be some neutral truce or peaceful secession or some shit.
>>379807683
Your logic very poor. If Dragonborns are considered to be above common law, then why is Miraak an enemy of the people? Why does TLDB ever go to prison? Think before you type.
>no Yarls were backing Ulfric with any real force during the civil war
Um, three of them were. Just like there were three supporting Elisif.
>There's a reason you're only fighting against Ulfrics men and not against soldiers from any of the other holds.
Just like on the other side how you only fight against the Empire's men and not soldiers from any of the other holds.

Think. Before. You. Type.
>>
>>379807902
Which would naturally mean that Ulfric dies or isn't mentioned, I'm hoping that Jarl Balgruuf is elected high king, I don't know how they would write that to fit both sides but I can imagine it happening.
>>
>>379807902
>They can easily write around either side of the war winning.

Exactly. It was only a civil war and it would have ultimately have had little effect on the rest or Nirn.
>>
Will SE modding catch up to old Skyrim soon?
>>
>>379808442
Not soon, not ever by the look of things.
>>
>>379782692
>couldnt anyway since todd redconned them into being the pussiest vaginas to ever take dick.

It's not a retcon. Neither is the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3, for example.

When a hundred years pass, a lot can change. The Empire has degenerated. It is inefficient and it does not promote competence. The game starts with the character about to be executed just because of bureaucratic incompetence. This is not a retcon.
>>
>>379808110

Independent Skyrim would definitely be the most interesting choice, whether it's Stormcloak's Skyrim or Balgruuf's. I'm hoping they'll go with that.
>>
>>379808442
Never.
SKSE for SE ain't coming.

If it did, the conversion job would be pretty much instant, but it's not happening.
>>
>>379808050
>Your logic very poor. If Dragonborns are considered to be above common law, then why is Miraak an enemy of the people?

Because Miraak tried to take over all of Tamriel against the wishes of Hermeas Mora.

>Um, three of them were. Just like there were three supporting Elisif.

Um. they Um didn't um lend him um any um troops or um money.

They made have agreed with his ideas at first but they refused to offer him any material support after Torygg death.

>Just like on the other side how you only fight against the Empire's men and not soldiers from any of the other holds.

Because the empire is made up of a collation of nations under the emperors banner. The stormcloaks was entirely a Nord rebellion.
>>
>>379808498
Anything as long as it's not Imperial Skyrim. Good god I'm sick of the Empire ruining everything.
>>
>>379808442

SKSE64 will never release, so no.

>>379808535
>the conversion job would be pretty much instant

Not for things like RaceMenu that have their own plugins.
>>
>>379808579
>Empire ruining everything
Like what?
>>
>>379808442
SKSE is dead and most of the big mod authors have already moved on to other projects.
>>
>>379808575
>Because Miraak tried to take over all of Tamriel against the wishes of Hermeas Mora.
But why is that bad? You said it yourself, Dragonborns are above common law. Everyone should be happy to let him do what he wants, because he's the Dragonborn!
>They made have agreed with his ideas at first but they refused to offer him any material support after Torygg death.
The Imperial Jarls don't offer material support to the Empire either. What's your point?
Fuck it, I'm not even addressing your last point because it's entirely nonsensical. You still didn't prove how Imperial holds are more supportive than Stormcloak holds.
>>
How good are Morrowind and Oblivion? I'm thinking about downloading them but I really can't stand old shitty graphics and textures, so I want to make sure the gameplay and stories are good enough so it's worth it.
>>
Would you rather be a dank Roman or a snownigger?
>>
>>379808498
Yeah, it will all be resolved in the moot where no matter what ending happens the same person is chosen to be high king, it could go any direction from there.
>>
>>379808687
>getting booty blasted in the Great War despite supposedly being the strongest coalition in Tamriel
>bending to the Elves' demands with the Concordat after battling them to a standstill, failing to press any advantage in their favor whatsoever
>abandoning Morrowind
>losing respect of Hammerfell, leading to their secession
>wasting resources trying to prevent Skyrim's secession
Honestly I'd be shocked if you can name one positive thing the Empire has done since the Third Era.
>>
>>379808903
Romans are lame and boring. Nords are fuckhuge, have huge white dicks, and are the world's foremost expert at slaying elves. Being a Nord is obviously the most preferable choice during the time of the Great War.
>>
>>379808812
The gameplay is more stat based, the quests are better written, the dungeons are worse, the stories are more interesting but still not the best, I would say that oblivion has a less interesting setting than skyrim while morrowind has a more interesting one.
>>
>>379808792
>But why is that bad? You said it yourself, Dragonborns are above common law. Everyone should be happy to let him do what he wants, because he's the Dragonborn!

Implying Daedric princes give a fuck about mortal laws

>The Imperial Jarls don't offer material support to the Empire either. What's your point?
Fuck it, I'm not even addressing your last point because it's entirely nonsensical. You still didn't prove how Imperial holds are more supportive than Stormcloak holds.

You couldn't dispute it so you just threw a tandrum.

And in the end none of your bullshit matters, Toyrgg's death was not honorable and without both the moot's and the dragonborn's support Ulfric would never gain the throne. Circle jerk around that fact all you want but the fact will always remain that his sorry ass wasn't sitting on the throne when you enter Solitude's blue palace, now was it?
>>
>>379796190
>>Will the whole sneak thing work out as well with daggers?
>One you get a few perks in sneaking you can

Or grind up to level 75 in illusion and then using muffle and some area effect spells.

When you have high sneak, plus quiet casting and invisibility, plus shoes enchanted with muffle you are a killing machine with the dagger. The x15 damage for backstabs perk is doubled by the Dark Brotherhood gloves.
>>
>>379780935
The Empire is libel to breakdown at any time after the death of the Septim line so each nation might as well regain its national sovereignty while it can. If the Empire is to live on it should live on with a Dragonborg as its leader, without that its illegitimate to hold anything outside of Cyrodil.

The Stormcloaks aren't the proper nation's sovereigns though because its obvious Ulfric is corrupted by the Thalmor. Another Jarl should definitely challenge him for the crown of High King and rule Skyrim.
>>
>>379809235
>the fact will always remain that his sorry ass wasn't sitting on the throne when you enter Solitude's blue palace, now was it?
I will not dispute the fact that the Empire doesn't acknowledge Nordic law.
>>
>>379808812
Oblivion has really good quests, but you'll probably want some mods to fix the level scaling. The gameplay is generally a little worse than Skyrim, but there are mods for that, too. Even if you don't end up liking Oblivion itself, you might like Nehrim, so that's another reason to have Oblivion installed.

I can't say much about Morrowind. I tried it a while back and played it for a decent amount of time, but I ultimately didn't like it. Its combat is worse than Oblivion and I couldn't get into the story.
>>
>>379808812
Morriwind has a good plot if you can get past the fact it looks like horseshit and the game mechanics are outdated to the point animations look like slide shows. It's worth playing atleast once IMO.
Oblivion has a good plot and decent graphics, less then Skyrim vanilla but servicable.
there's far more RPG elements in Oblivion such as the fact you can create your own custom spells and dialgoue is more of a mini game where you can actually get good at convincing NPC to do stuff that wouild be impossible in either Morrowind or Skyrim. The color palette is also much brighter which makes the game feel more alive.
The dungeon exploration is lackluster though.
>>
>>379809235
>You couldn't dispute it so you just threw a tandrum.
Actually I showed you how your own logic works against you, but okay.
>>
>>379782068
>>379803032
so still 0 ?
>>
>>379785576
woah someones watched way to much cable news
>>
>>379809572
>Actually I showed you how your own logic works against you, but okay.

Yeah, and by your logic if i couldn't prove that the yarls were providing material support to the empire that somehow Ulfric abusing the thu'um was justified. Remember the entire point in the first place was that Ulfric's duel with Torygg was dishonorable, which it was. You're the one trying to dance around.
>>
The Stormcloaks are clearly the wrong choice
>>
>>379808992

The thing that really damns the Empire for me is thinking about what would've happened if Hammerfell stayed with them and accepted ceding 1/2 of their territory to the Dominion.

The elves would have gained a HUGE advantage and foothold in the region and the Redguards would still be disrespected enough that a civil war Skyrim situation could happen. The Empire would be in even worse shape than it already is.

The Empire's corrupt and retarded leaders are NCR tier.
>>
>>379810223
>The Empire's corrupt and retarded leaders are NCR tier

The empire bit off more then it could chew. It tried to keep a half dozen completely different races across all of Tamriel under a single leadership which is impossible except for extreme circimstances. If they were smart they'd do what the Thalmar did and form temporary alliances that dissolved after a while, let them take care of themselves once the danger has passed.
>>
File: Svor.jpg (159KB, 608x785px) Image search: [Google]
Svor.jpg
159KB, 608x785px
>>379804632
Why would you want to be a knife eared piece of shit, literally born to be killed

When Tiber fucking Septim murdered the almost entire fucking high elven race with a giant fucking automaton of brass and steaming rage, the elves asked for their "Ancestors", the divines for help

They later responded lol fuck you faggots and pulled up tiber fucking septim to the heavens and made him a canonical fucking divine.

They don't deserve to win because the literal godlike powers that be want them to be miserable pieces of shit. I'd rather chose over an argonian criminal or Khajiit skooma junkie over an healthy, cultured and educated high elf, the fucking altmer could be slaves for all I care and even then I'd be that faggot in noblemens clothes parading the streets loudly everyday yelling "LEGALIZE TORTURE OF ALTMER SLAVES" with a big fucking sign and a bunch of bosmer and dunmer friends.

You fucking pissskins make me beyond mad, you make me sick, you make me retch, holy shit why am I getting so fucking assblasted over fictional politics and racism, someone hold me holy shit
>>
>>379810527
>which is impossible except for extreme circimstances.

Which is why people keep suggesting that the Dragonborn should become the new Emperor. A god-like being is just what the Empire needs to fix itself.
>>
>>379810997
>being this mad that altmer are objectively superior
>>
>>379811249
>Which is why people keep suggesting that the Dragonborn should become the new Emperor.

Well being dragonborn does give them a divine birthright to the imperial throne. It doesn't go against established lore at any rate.
>>
The Cyrodil Empire is weak, cowardly and decadent. It is no surprise that they grovel like slaves before the (((Thalmor))). Their "emperor" is just a spoiled, fat noble with not a drop of divine dragon blood to speak of. Cyrodil's time has come and gone.

It's time for a new Empire to rise. One based in Skyrim, with a Dragonborn sitting on the throne. With the descendant of Akatosh leading mankind, the Thalmor don't stand a chance.
>>
>>379811327
>Altmer still in denial of multiple acts of divine intervention

Your race is responsible for ending two perfectly fine eras of prosperity with absolute daedric fuckery, fuck you, fuck your race and everything it stands for, if you are so superior, why do barbaric humans still kicked your ass all though history ?

Because the gods helped them ? Gee, I wonder why.
>>
Empire. The Stormcloaks are literally being led by the Thalmor's Guinea Pig. That's why they were there when Alduin first attacked you, to prevent Ulfric's execution and continue the rebellion.
Choosing Stormcloaks is helping the fall of Man by dividing them further.
>>
>>379789724
>ultimate /thread material
>people still argue
you tried anon
>>
File: images (16).jpg (5KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
5KB, 261x238px
I keep going back and forth between being impressed with the depth of this thread, to regarding it all as pure autism.
>>
>>379811506
Nord having any chance with hardcore magic users, jesus these fucks need to be put down
>>
>>379813347

The entire western world has been infatuated with Rome because of Shakespeare. Nostalgia to greatness plus cultural element means modern people will most likely have a much more fond inclination towards an empire crafted like Romans.

Almost everyone here is descended from someone that lived in Roman Empire.
>>
>>379813731
O.o
>>
>>379813347

TES lore attracts autists.
>>
>become vampire
>kill everyone
GOTY of the GOTIES
>>
Do anons still believe the empire is a thing at this point?
>>
>>379781528
>by choosing stromcloacks instead of empire, therefore ignoring what is best for skyrim.
>>
File: OB-Demographics.jpg (72KB, 395x378px) Image search: [Google]
OB-Demographics.jpg
72KB, 395x378px
Men are not even in the majority in Cyrodiil. So how is the Empire helping to preserve the race of men?
>>
Script extender when?

I already have a mod list ready to play this piece of shit one last playthrough
>>
>>379817804
>doesn't know how to count
>>
>>379818168
Never ever. Devs gave up on SE for being too shit.
>>
>>379780935
Well, the truth is that Skyrim belongs to the Bretons and all the stormcloaks must die.
>>
>>379818486
Wrong. Atmorans were the first men on Skyrim.
>>
>>379818257
Since this is 4chan, my guess is that he's not including Redguards.
>>
>>379818575
this
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 678x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 678x645px
>>379818575
Funny because Redguards are more human than Bretons. Not to mention that their ideologies are basically aligned with the Nords

>both hate/don't practice magic
>both eradicated one race of elves (sinistrals and falmer)
>both migrated from one ancient land onto tamriel (yokuda, atmora)
>both use tonal powers (sword singing, shouting)
>both hate the elves
>both left the empire after the great war
>>
>>379818541
Does it really matter? SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE BRETONS!
NORDBOIS BTFO
>>
File: 1496852024126.png (43KB, 237x330px) Image search: [Google]
1496852024126.png
43KB, 237x330px
>>379782068
This desu.

>>379791534
Just Skyrim Unbound and Skyrim Unlocked dumbo. You get the dragons but there is no main quest and dragons don't get absorbed after they die. However you can, if you choose, learn some shouts because you don't need to be a Dragonborn for that.
>>
>>379819092

You forgot

>both have -10 intelligence
>>
>>379819196

Bretons are the worst race you could choose for this. They're literal cuck manlets.
>>
>>379819092
The Nords just kicked the Falmers ass.
The dwemer were responsible for the eradication.

Mer gonna mer.
>>
>>379819953
Well not even the Dwemer fully eradicated them if you want to be picky. The point is Nords were the downfall of the Falmer. Dwemer just enslaved and weakened the survivors.
>>
File: dVXPEZy.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dVXPEZy.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>379819779
Best race for battlemage/paladin gameplay because they're the best of both worlds. Gifted and resistant to magic unlike other men and not completely frail in melee like elves.

>getting taken out of a video game because /pol/ rotted his mind with memes
Lel
>>
>>379820482
Best human race for pure mages as well.
>>
>>379820482

Gameplay perspective is different from lore. Bretons are shit in lore.

Altmer are the best mages by the time Skyrim rolls because they lost their weakness to magic and their physical frailty is no longer reflected in stats.
>>
File: 1496230707744.jpg (544KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1496230707744.jpg
544KB, 1600x2400px
>>379820743
Their lore is really interesting as well. But again, you just see /pol/ memes and can't get into it.
>>
>>379820123
I bet the Falmer would rather have a Nord as an enemy than a Dwemer as a friend.

Mer are just as sleazy to each other as they are to the mannish races.
They are going a little too far with the "Not Tolkien's elves" bit.They should make at least some of them somewhat likable.
>>
>alt start
>growing up in skyrim
>dwmer gear mods
>become young adult scouring dwmer mines and surving as an orphan who stumbles upon the dead body of the dragonborn
>use dwemer gear to simulate the dragon born.
>>
>>379821179
To be fair every race in TES hates other races to some degree. Imperials being the most tolerant of them all.
>>
>>379780935
So if Ulfric canonically wins do you think he'll end up attacking morrowind over there daedra worship.
>>
>>379821179
>They should make at least some of them somewhat likable.

You don't have to be personable to be likable. Elves being cunts is part of the charm.
>>
>>379821436
No, he'd be struggling to keep Skyrim from falling apart.
>>
>>379821437
This, both Dwemers and altmers are cunts but I like Dwemers more.
>>
>>379821196
>dead body of the dragonborn
>use dwemer gear to simulate the dragon born.
Sounds fucking retarded. If he's dead he no longer has the Dragon soul. The fuck are you even doing lorelet?
>>
>>379821179
The Falmer that still do exist live in complete isolation that they wouldn't ever leave their tiny villages.

I really wish Dragonborn or a small add on had a Falmer village in it that you could visit and make a deal with them and nords to let them integrate.
>>
>>379821887
>in a time of civil war where every nord and his mother despises elves even more than before this motherfucker would venture out to reconnect the one race of elves who tried to massacre them before
No.
>>
>>379821887

There's no guarantee any more snow elves exist outside of the chantry. The falmer evolution is much more interesting anyway.
>>
>>379811506
>with a Dragonborn sitting on the throne
Hahahah, never ever.
>>
>>379822196
Gelebor hopes so and they never said how every survivor went to the Dwemer.
>>
>>379822196
Gelebor confirms that snow elves exist and didn't all die out.
>>
>>379822010
>end the civil war and you're the fucking dragonborn, dare to speak back to a demigod
Yes. You shitter.
>>
>>379824130
No faggot. Screencap this post. TDB will NEVER EVER be an emperor.
>>
>>379824051

I don't remember this. He says there "may be" more that survived.
>>
>>379780935
Neither. As Dragonborn you are the rightful leader.
>>
>>379793221
The real stupid part is if stormcloak sust shut the hell up he'd be able to worship nord jesus all he wanted. The empire was pointedly not inforcing the ban until people started screaming and the elf bitches started keeping a closer eye on them.
>>
>>379824886
Nah. You aren't. Martin Septim rendered that obsolete. Which is why the empire in the game doesn't give a single flying fuck about you.
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.