[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we revive this decade old game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: starcraft2.jpg (74KB, 1417x742px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft2.jpg
74KB, 1417x742px
How do we revive this decade old game?
>>
Still playing it. 5,3k MMR as Zerg 5,1k as Terran. There's no reviving SC2, as it is still by far the biggest modern RTS. It's not the game that needs changing, it a problem with the audience. People are too casual. Just look at arena shooters and fighting games and how many people talk shit about high tier plays and contrast that with how many people actually play the games.

That being said, SCR will be hype and I'm sure there is more shit coming for SC2 too and both games will be played until Blizzards next RTS.
>>
>>379780525
>>379781718
sorry samefag, "RTS" games without random map generation are just no skill flowchart simulators :P

a brainless script that follows a simple if > then state machine is leagues better than a pro player lol tells u all u have to know
>>
>>379781901

>"RTS" games without random map generation are just no skill flowchart simulators :P

If you actually think that you're just plain stupid. Here, watch these and educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5SAfTSIOE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYodywXM_ps
>>
I think the coop is a step in the right direction to make the game more engaging.

Blizzard has to face that the ladder has no mainstream appeal, but the coop does. Really glad they keep adding new commanders.
>>
>>379783671
Its sad that the ladder anxiety is what killed the game for a lot of people
>>
>>379785260
My friend in OW is convinced he's a diamond level player despite being 700mmr. There's no way of blaming someone else for you being shit in sc2.
>>
>>379780525
>7 years old
we should already be playing a StarCraft 3 by now
>>
i notice bnet says install for this game.

is it F2P or something?

never bothered looking into starcraft as the rts genre never appealed to me. Now that i'm old maybe i would like?
>>
>>379785260
can you blame them though?

Solo ladder IS stressing and you can't really do much about it. you can only offer other modes. To be honest i wish they did another SP pack like the nova one, i haven't bought it yet but i'm planning to soon, did it actually sell bad or is blizz just taking its time cause it's blizz.
>>
>>379786404
It's only stressful up until you get into a game. Then it's fine. Unless it's zvz
>>
>>379786326
There is a free to play mode, it's really restrictive but it allows you to try out the coop, the arcade games and i think MP to some extent

Here is the full breakdown
>>
>>379786678
I fucked up
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_II:_Starter_Edition

>>379786603
I've been trying to get better by practicing with the AI, ironically i can handle protoss and terran fine but ZvZ is so chaotic, i dunno what to build at what momment and i get silly shit like getting Roach rushed by the AI.

I even tried the thing in brood war of zerglings and mutas and the AI surprisingly balanced unit composition fucks me up
>>
>>379786326

You can play everything but ladder and the campaigns with the free version, this includes custom games that are just like the ladder and co-op. The game is basically F2P. You just can't talk in public chat channels for obvious reasons.
>>
>>379780525
There is no reviving it. I've seen what it takes to be a pro player. The sheer amount of autism required to click fast as fuck and precisely everywhere is both a fun boner killer and a major barrier to entry.

It's really only fun in campaign mode or against AI. Once you introduce humans, it stops being strategy and becomes a click contest. Strategy can only sort of happen after you break the click barrier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.