[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not an option to side with him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: alduin_.jpg (74KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
alduin_.jpg
74KB, 628x472px
Would have this made vanilla Skyshit at least a bit redeemable?
>>
>>379770348
>Good job Dragonborn, Windhelm and Solitude have fallen and I am now ready to subjugate all of Tamriel with your help.
>not now though, I'm going to take a nap. You're totally my second in command though, even though no one will listen to you and my draugrs will still attack you on sight

Nah
>>
It'd be a start if anything
>>
>>379770348
No redeemable qualities whatsoever. Never got the hype about this game. I don't whine about the dumped down rpg elements, like all neckies here tend to. It was just a fucking bland world, with bland npc. Never got immersed, because you as the player just don't matter. You choices don't matter, your actions don't matter, your status doesn't matter. I don't get how people get "immersed" in a game, that treats you like a fucking npc and doesn't give a shit about you. That's not immersion.
And don't get me that "In TES games the story doesn't matter, you make up the story as you explore". That's fucking bullshit and an excuse for lazy story wrtiting. Bethesda just doesn't give a fuck about the game and they know, that the majority of the games who play TES are either player who hop on the Hype-Train or are autistic children.
>>
>>379770348
>ywn ride on your dragonbro and fuck up villages and awaken your dragon army
Such wasted potential.
>>
What would you even do if you sided with him? He's the world-eater. How can you possibly help with that?
>>
>>379772650
Yes, thats what bothered me the most as well, i have played several rpg's but im not an expert by any means, even for someone like myself which could have ignored not having heavy rpg elements and appreciate the "adventure" aspect of it,i find those totally garbage as well, i just think it's a bad game overall and the definition of wasted potential.
>>
>>379773493
You grow just as powerful as him, even more so.
>>
>>379773751
So do you help him eat the world? Take little nibbles off High Hrothgar?
>>
>>379773493
Give him a more interesting plot.

But yeah, it's Bethesda we talking here about.
Have they ever given the player an option to side with the "bad" guys anyway?
>>
>>379773939
"World-Eater" isn't literal, dumb-ass.

>>379773980
Caesar's Legion.
>>
File: 1478124634511.jpg (29KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
1478124634511.jpg
29KB, 400x366px
>>379770348
If you were able to turn rogue once you eat his soul, that'd be better.
>I AM THE DRAGONBORN, THE WORLD EATER, I BRING THE END OF TIMES
>>
>>379773589
Wasted potential for sure. The whole civil war setting was a pretty great idea, but it was butchered and realized in the most horrible way possible. No fucking sign of an on going civil war outside of the quests, again your choices don't matter, and the final quests of each faction is just laughably bad. You are a fucking General and all he can do is bring 6 soldiers with him for the end fight. Completely and utterly breaks the immersion, if there was any to begin with.
>>
>>379773589
And people still play this game, it makes my blood boil.
>>
I wanted to see what happens if you side with Parthurnax. That one quest that stays in your log annoys me and won't go away unless you kill him. What if you killed the Blades instead? They were much cooler in oblivion.
>>
>>379774230
Doesn't he literally eat worlds/kalpas, though?
>>
>>379772650
>Never got immersed, because you as the player just don't matter. You choices don't matter, your actions don't matter, your status doesn't matter.

Every Bethesda game ever.
>>
>>379775065
I think it's a bit more complicated than that.
Who knows, the lore is a fucking trainwreck
>>
>>379775065
>>379775338
He destroyed the last world to create Nirn. He didn't "eat" the last world like a hotpocket or anything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.