[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this meme that Dark Souls is an easy game come from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Chosen_undead_artwork.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen_undead_artwork.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
Seriously, I've been discussing this with some dickheads in another thread and they keep insisting that Dark Souls is a butt easy game, less challenging than Monster Hunter because "MUH I-FRAMES".

Who created this stupid meme? And why some idiots take it seriously?
>>
dark souls is super easy compared to monster hunter

the amount of iframes you get rolling is stupid long
>>
File: NEVER.jpg (166KB, 1024x982px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER.jpg
166KB, 1024x982px
>>379767846
Increase gayming ability
>>
>>379767846
>I've been discussing this with some dickheads in another thread

its 4chan. you are talking to teenagers who are purposely telling lies to get more YOUs
>>
>>379767846
Because the Dark Souls fanbase is incredibly obnoxious and annoying so it's fun to trigger them by pointing out that their "super hardcore le epic game" isn't actually all that difficult.
>>
File: Kekai_Kotaki_Art_Dark_Souls_01.jpg (522KB, 1045x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Kekai_Kotaki_Art_Dark_Souls_01.jpg
522KB, 1045x1440px
>>379767846
I don't know where you heard it but Dark Souls is a challenging game. It gets easier once you've learned your rolls and how the weight, humanity, etc. mechanics work. Once you've finished Anor Londo it all goes downhill until you do the DLC.
>>
File: 3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>379767971
yeah lol and call of duty is harder than monster Hunter cuz you get no i frames at all lol

you see how stupid you sound when you use a single game mechanic as a metric for how difficult a game is?
now try and save face by posting some dumb shit reply instead of learning from your mistake
>>
>>379767846
Neither Dark Souls or MH are difficult games

They're essentially a more complex rhythm game concept with rpg characteristics
>>
>>379768305
It is challenging, but you got so addicted that you already know the mechanics very well and that's why you find it easy. But saying bosses like Kalameet or Manus are easy is completely stupid and false.
>>
File: mi.jpg (59KB, 322x339px) Image search: [Google]
mi.jpg
59KB, 322x339px
If you go in 100% blind and have never played an RPG before it might be hard. I picked the game up early this year and it's honestly not that difficult. Once you learn the enemy attack patterns it's basically a rhythm game. If you make a mistake learn from it and then just don't repeat it. If you really find a specific boss or something difficult then just look up a tutorial or read a guide so you know what happens in advance.
>>
>>379770423
Dude, Kalameet is one of the hardest bosses ever made in any game, you're gonna tell me you simply defeated him in your first try and it wasn't hard? Manus is extremely hard too, but his difficult comes from him being unpredictable and really agressive, with some op moves.
>>
>>379771446
>you're gonna tell me you simply defeated him in your first try and it wasn't hard?
You might wanna re-read the post buddy because I don't recall saying that
>>
>>379771743
You said the game is not that difficult you retard, the game IS that difficult, Kalameet and Manus prove that.
>>
>>379771446
I beat both of them on my first try but then again I was full giant dad.
>>
>>379768614
Dark Souls and MH are the same kind of game, however
>>
File: 1318560781002.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
1318560781002.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>>379771446
>Kalameet is one of the hardest bosses ever made in any game

lmaoing at you are life
>>
Dark Souls is a challenging game for sure, but it's not stupid I Want to be the Guy levels of difficult. That you can literally always grind for souls to power up your character basically gives anyone a way to overcome any challenge.

It's a damn good game and if someone says it isn't hard at all they're full of shit, a first playthrough is always gonna be pretty brutal. Once you know the systems in and out it becomes pretty easy, so a lot of people who've been playing a long time may have forgotten what it's like at the start.

But it's mostly this >>379768205

>>379771446
>Kalameet is one of the hardest bosses ever made in any game
Nigga that's some bullshit, broaden your gaming horizons. Play some beat em ups like Bayonetta or DMC or Ninja Gaiden, and pick a hard difficulty. Play a shmup or bullet hell game. Pick up some indie sprite platformer. For fucks sake, there are kingdom hearts bosses more difficult than Kalameet.

I think DS is a very challenging game, but to say any of its bosses are some of the most difficult in gaming makes you look like you play nothing but trendy AAA titles.

Fucking Cave Story's final boss is harder than Kalameet.
>>
File: 1495136459855.png (738KB, 733x950px) Image search: [Google]
1495136459855.png
738KB, 733x950px
>>379772734
>beat em ups like Bayonetta or DMC or Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>379772734
>Play some beat em ups like Bayonetta or DMC or Ninja Gaiden, and pick a hard difficulty.
This is artificial difficulty, heck if we go that route beating any Pokémon with only lvl 1 Pokemons is the hardest game ever.

>For fucks sake, there are kingdom hearts bosses more difficult than Kalameet.
There are 3 bosses that are actually hard in Kingdom Hearts. First one is Sephiroth in KH2, it's hard but not that much, I would say it's Artorias level. Second is Terra, that one is really challenging, but not really close to Kalameet, maybe it could be compared to Ornstein and Smough. And the last one is Mysterious Figure from BBS, that one I'll give you that is really really hard, but I still think Kalameet is a little harder. Anyway, you do understand that those bosses are exceptions in KH right? Meanwhile they are like a rule in Dark Souls.
>>
>>379771446
>Kalameet's cut tail is one of the hardest bosses ever made in any game***

ftfy
>>
>>379773542
I don't know what to tell you, because Sephiroth and all the tough optional bosses from KH 1 kicked my shit in, while I thought Ornstein and Smough were actually pretty easy as long as you aren't fighting solo.

>This is artificial difficulty
The fuck?
Explain yourself.
>>
Honestly the difficulty is rendered null once you find a weapon you're comfortable with.

What was it for you /v/?

>DeS
Moonlight GS
>DS
Dragons Tooth
>DS2
BK Halberd
>DS3
Drang Twinspears
>BB
Kirkhammer
>>
>>379774380
Thinking a little bit more, yeah Mysterious Figure from BBS is REALLY hard, I think it might be harder than Kalameet. I don't think I ever beat him in the game, literally one of the hardest bosses ever.
>>
>>379774893
Any secret boss in KH is harder than most DS bosses honestly.

Mysterious Figure was fucking bullshit, especially if you wanted to play as Terra.
>>
>>379771446
I actually did. Spellcasting is overpowered as fuck.
>>
>>379774584
I haven't found one I've been comfortable with in any of them. Maybe I'm just an indesive prick
>>
>>379775307
Spell casting is fun
>>
>>379774584
Only played DS1, but Black Knight Halberd.

From the moment I got it I invested in nothing but strength until I could wield it. I love that weapon.

I've been told it's shit for pvp but I don't play much pvp so eh.
>>
>>379775874
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it was the best weapon in the game? I'm no expert on PVP though.
>>
Honestly if you grew up playing games in the 8 bit era like ghouls n ghosts, or Battletoads then dark souls actually is pretty easy. The only reason people think it's difficult is because we had 3 generations of games that have held your hand. Playing something that requires timing and pattern recognition is simply a skill many modern gamers never learned.
>>
>>379767846
It's about a 5/10 for difficulty, and you have to base that on your first time playing through. It draws a line between two extremes: players who are inattentive idiots that play thoughtlessly, and players that relish in constantly learning something and applying it to the way they play. The low-end of the former can actually become more like the latter by playing the Souls games, I'd say, so they're a good bridge for casual players (just be there to swat them when they get resentful enough to take it out on the game with an equal-parts idiotic and vengeful "criticism").

I think if you've been genuinely good at a game or two in your life you will still find a bit of amusement in the Souls games, through the handful of times they manage to be exciting and put your life on the line. The boss fights are the best part, while the material in between can be pretty boring encounters with easily circumvented enemies. At least you're always on your way to the next wild boss,or the next interesting item. I'm not into the stupid "lore culture" but the games appearance is pretty fucking suggestive, so that also helps.
>>
>>379771446
Kalameets tail is the hardest boss in all videogames.
>>
>>379774584
>DS
Zwei, later on Black Knight Greataxe
>DS2
Fucking faith was retardedly op at launch so this
>DS3
Gotthards and Ultra Greatswords in general
>BB
Rakuyo
>>
It is an easy game if you summon 3 friends for every bossfight
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.