[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bayonetta objectively better than Devil May Cry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

File: Bayonetta_Alt_SSB4.png (182KB, 489x509px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_Alt_SSB4.png
182KB, 489x509px
Just want to hear what people think about this.
>>
I liked it more but visually it's kind of a mess
>>
ninja gaiden is superior to both

/thread
>>
i'm sure this will be a great thread and definitely not terrible
>>
Yes.

While Dante has more options, Bayo's game is more fluid.
>>
I just want a crossover.
>>
>>379766460
>Is X objectively [subjective qualifier] then Y?

No retard. I did enjoy it more.
>>
>>379766460
Yes, it's better
>>
Only gameplay wise, and only slight. The rest, DMC is far better.
To be fair, Bayonetta itself is a good protag, so she can go toe to toe with Dante.
>>
both are garbage. ninja gaiden is the only option. you pick black if you like those shitty unrelated game things like bayonetta. and you pick 2 if you want straight up balls to the walls action with competent controls and camera (unlike dmc), and the best physics and sound design ever.
>>
Ninja Gaiden is probably better than both games if you're not looking for crazy combo videos

DMC has the better combat mechanics by far but the mediocre enemy and level design make it overall worse than Bayonetta.
>>
File: Bayonetta PC Combo & DMC4SE_1.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta PC Combo & DMC4SE_1.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>379766460
sorry but this thread will turn into a ninja gaiden vs dmc thread.
>>
Nah, camera is too problematic with shitty angles, some repetitive encounters, can't even rebind buttons, not as fluid as DMC.
>>
Bayonetta's combat system is more accessible without dumbing down or simplifying anything, and still manages to be fairly complex at lower skill levels. However Bayonetta has a significantly lower skill ceiling than DMC3/4. Bayo is probably the best spectacle action game for casual/intermediate players, while DMC has significantly more options for advanced players.
>>
I dislike the floaty combat of Bayonetta
>>
>>379766460
A lot of questionable design prevent bayo from landing in the same league as dmc. Why would you hide stuff behind exploration if your rating is time dependant?
>>
>>379767156
>can't even rebind buttons

Only valid complaint in that post. RB is a fucking awful button for lock on and rebinding it to literally anything else was the one thing I was looking forward to with the PC port.
>>
>>379767313
why would they base your rank on braking furniture.
>>
>>379766589
>/thread-ing yourself
Stop.
>>
It was absolutely terrible.
>terrible style
>terrible enemy designs
>heavy on cutscenes
>heavy on qtes
Combat is just okay. It's the only game where I didin't undestand what the fuck going on on the screen
>>379766589
>>379767106
Pretty much this.
>>
>>379767313
>Why would you hide stuff behind exploration if your rating is time dependant?
Fucking Japs, I swear. The worst case was MGSV
>lmao big open world, side objectives, gathering resources and staff for the motherbase
>but you need to rush through the mission for S rank nonetheless
>>
>>379767313
Level time doesn't affect anything except the sub 3 hour run achievement. As long as you aren't in a verse you can go run around the levels all you want.

And you can do seperate runs for finding collectibles and getting scores.
>>
>>379767676
lol
>>
>>379766460
no. too much focus on the guns The Lenght, dificulty and enemy Variety are better thought.
>>
File: Wife.jpg (265KB, 1024x1681px) Image search: [Google]
Wife.jpg
265KB, 1024x1681px
>>379766460
NG>DMC1>DMC3-4>MGR>GOW>Tai'Fu: Wrath of the Tiger>>>>>Shitnetta

Characters are shit
Story is shit
Soundtrack is shit
Art and general visual design is subjective shit

Gameplay is super shit. Too many QTEs which are themselves far too long, centered around spam, particle effects all over the fucking screen all the time because you can spam so who cares, slow motion, enemy variety is bad, awful bosses. It's the quintessential platinum garbage game.
>>
I don't like its QTEs, i prefer DMC.
>>
>>379768194
>Soundtrack is shit
Oh i'll fight you on that
>>
It has more obnoxious, terrible design decisions than any DMC game and the mechanics aren't as good but I enjoy fighting the enemies a lot more than anything in DMC including the bosses
>>
those QTEs where you have to button mash are impossible on higher difficulties
>>
>>379768827
>It has more obnoxious, terrible design decisions than any DMC game
DMC2 exists.
>>
>>379767676
>>terrible style
Stopped reading there, lad.
>>
>>379769095
No it doesn't
>>
File: 1310676164668.jpg (1MB, 3496x2454px) Image search: [Google]
1310676164668.jpg
1MB, 3496x2454px
>>379766460
Bayonetta is better designed in almost every way except combat.

Here's why:
>Bayonetta doesn't all you to aim your attacks in any direction like in dmc4. This prevents non standard use of attacks and subsequently the amount of options you have.
>The dial a combo system requires the player to attentively "read" the animations constantly to know what attack is happening, which feels like a chore you constantly HAVE to do if you want to know what you're doing. This in constrast to the each attack has a specific button input concept of dmc in which players can easily pick what they like best and use just that. It's very comfy in that regard and promotes knowing what you're doing instead of mashing.
>If you want to use attack 3 from a certain combo you have to use dodge offset twice to use just that attack, and hitstun comboing attack 3 with attack 2 is impossible.
>Bayonetta has less weapons available to switch between without menuing. This limits options under the guise of "customization"
>Bayonetta has less attacks available unless you count every little animation difference without unique effects
>Guns feel more significant in dmc
>Bayonetta feels very "light" because of the way it moves and thus cheap.

bonus point: These problems plague almost all platinum action games and should be improved upon.
>>
>>379768508
I think it's absolute garbage

Meanwhile DMC1's OST is literally perfect, nothing but hype as shit tracks from start to finish. DMC3 has a lot of stinkers in it but it has some amazing stuff sprinkled in between. DMC4 has...well it has that one song. Even DMC2 has a better soundtrack than Bayonetta.
>>
>>379768194
Fuck off, dude.
I enjoy both games, but Ninja Gaiden fans are fucking obnoxious. Why do you people always pretend that the combat in Black is the deepest shit ever, even though you can just spam Flying Swallow and get through most of the game?
>>
>>379767412
True. But bayo also has an unskippable shmup section, enemies that dont trigger witch time, enemies that damage you when you hit them, qte traps, damaging terrain. a turret boss, some useless weapons, one good boss fight, terrible enemy design, unskippable intro (not as bad as okami's, but still), awful motorcycle section and few others that escape me at the moment. Also why have so many moves and mechanics when so few are actually useful. Dmc makes every skill count. Less is more in this case.
>>
>>379769618
> DMC1's OST is literally perfect
No DMC3 and 4 are literaly perfect, "i cant think" of a single memorable song from DMC1
>>
>>379769798
A good number of those are irrelevant after your first playthrough or higher difficulties
>>
>>379767434
yeah he should samefag like the rest of us
>>
>>379770080
First playthrough is the most important, don't you agree?
>>
>>379769618
>Even DMC2 has a better soundtrack than Bayonetta
It is generlly agreed that DMC2 ironically has one of the best OSTs in the series. I still completely disagree with your comment though. DMC1s OST is perfect, but Bayonetta's soundtrack goes somewhere different. It uses a lot of smooth jazz and remixes of old licensed songs and it does well at what it tries to do in my opinion.
>>
>>379766460
None of them are very good games.

>>379766589
And neither is this.
>>
>>379769796
>Black
You fuck off, stop trying to start shit.

>>379769885
It's your given right to be a DMC3 babby but being this much of a faggot is something the universe can't cope with.
>>
>>379770430
Nope, especially not for anything by Clover/Platinum besides God Hand. Bayonetta especially only starts becoming fun on hard mode when the encounters don't last 10 seconds.
>>
I prefer it because I don't have to resolve the same shitty puzzles everytime I replay it. DMC4's dice segments alone are a massive pain.
>>
>>379766460
I had to force myself to play through this abomination on ps3.
While dmc3 is one of my favourite games.
>>
>>379770667
What do you mean "stop trying to start shit"? Did I offend you by critisising your favourite game? Again, fuck off.
>>379771090
>PS3
And there's your problem.
>>
>>379770430
depends on the player. if they are the type to stop playing about after they complete the game then yes, but this game is clearly aimed more towards players that like to play games more than once.
>>
it's a mashier more shallow dmc. The bosses are mostly terrible, the umbran climax shit gets boring really fast.
>>
>>379770825
I feel like you don't get videogames. Bayo is a lot more frustrating, than dmc.
>>
File: 1234651.gif (2MB, 292x154px) Image search: [Google]
1234651.gif
2MB, 292x154px
Yeah, I much prefer games with longer cutscenes and QTE's to keep myself on edge, fantastique.
>>
>>379770667
DMC4 is my favorite one actualy.
and even Ninja gaiden 3 RE is better than both.
but good try
>>
>>379766589
this
>>
>>379770446
I listen to a lot of vidya music and it honestly does nothing for me.
>>
>>379771346
>DMC4
>Your favourite
>NG3 RE
>better than both
What the actual fuck, man.
>>
>>379769618
Devil May Cry could remove all its music and it would be an improvement.
Whereas Bayonetta has the perfect fast-paced action game soundtrack.
>>
>>379771170
I played it near release so I didn't have any other choice. Why exactly is it so much worse than the other versions?
>>
File: kek desu.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek desu.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>379771170
>my favorite game
>>
>>379771610
RE is better than DMC and bayonetta indeed
>>
>>379771453
It's a matter of opinion then, I guess. Although, I do think that Mysterious Destiny (The regular battle theme) gets really fucking annoying after a while.
>>
>>379770463
>none of them are good guise
every thread
>>379766460
>>379767676
They're all good but NGfags are the most obnoxious and insufferable spergs
>>
>>379771687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ
Boy, are you in for a treat.
>>
>>379771346
>DMC4 is my favorite

w-why?

>Ninja gaiden 3 RE is better than

I misjudged you anon. My apologies.

Also fucking RE has some hype as shit tracks in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEiNdRtpk4

Fighting in the underworld while this plays is gives me a fucking boner every time
>>
>>379772240
>w-why?
dummo, i realy like nero hand gameplay and having diferent finishers depending if you are using the devil trigger or not
>>
>>379766460
Bayonetta was very bland and samey when it came to combat. Despite the long list of combos, they served little purpose except for flashyness. All of the weapons had the same moveset and combos with slight differences in speed/reach/animation, even on the ground and the air, Bayo's attacks are basically the same. Enemies all pretty much had the same strategy - Witch Time, go nuts, Dodge Offset when necessary.

A single weapon in DMC has a refined, core set of moves, and each weapon was all its own. Weapon swapping to link together moves to maintain a combo in DMC had a purpose especially since Dante has nowhere near the kind of infinite airtime that Bayo can spam, and when it came to DMC3, the weapons and Style you brought with you led to very unique styles of play.
>>
>>379769384
This is the post that everyone should agree to and say yes that has some truth to it. Platinum pls fix.
>>
>>379767676
>heavy on QTEs
The best way to play is learning combos without using the QTEs though. That's literally just flair for finishing off bosses for cut-scenes.
>>
While I love DMC and like ninja gaiden, Bayonetta is mediocre.
>>
>>379771963
I always knew that something was wrong with the shitty framerate. Why did they fuck it up so bad for the ps3. fucking cunts
>>
>>379771963
Woah what the actual fuck?
>>
>>379766589
All three of those games a trash compared to Dark Souls
>>
>>379767676
>heavy on qtes
Are you referring to button mashing when doing a torture attack on an enemy? Because that isn't a qte. If you're referring to the insta death qtes there are only one or two in the game, and they're near the first couple chapters. I never understood this qte meme.
>>
ninja blade > all
>>
>>379773701
>cuhrayzeefags will fall for this obvious bait
>>
>>379774353
this but unironically
>>
>>379766460

I played a shitton of DMC and I would like to play a shitton more of Bayonetta but Nintendildo won't let me.

I dunno, I like them both. In all honesty though, DMC had like 2 actually good games. The rest was garbage but 1 (maybe just nostalgia on my part but whatever) and 3 were really sweet games and will always be among my favs.

I loved every second of Bayo 1 and didn't mind the cutscenes because I was interested in the lore. Bayo is my type of waifu too, which helps too. Tried to emulate 2, didn't work out well so far.
>>
>>379766460
If I go by my own experience:
Bayonetta is better in a overall experience for all people. It is much easier to play and pull of amazing combos and combo points. DMC on the other hand is much harder.

So depending on skillcap it is basically
DMC > Bayonetta > DMC
I prefer Bayonetta because of that.
>>
>>379774998
Bayo has some really fucked up optional challenges though if you want to pure platinum everything. All is sunshine and rainbows until some bullshit part comes along that you have to retry 5 million times.
>>
>>379775154
Pure Platinum is a chore, I agree, but Platinum alone is pretty easy.
>>
Is Bayonetta the cringiest most forced protagonist of any action game?

Every attempt at humor by the game felt awkward, forced and fell flat on its face every time. She keeps reminding me of how SEXUAL she is when her personality and demon legs are the biggest turn off ever. Not once did i think "wow that's hot/sexy", even though the game was hammering on my head with it.

is this what grills find appealing as a cuhrayzee protagonist?
>>
>>379769384
I like that Bayonetta feels "light" cause I feel most other games characters feel too tanky or bulky, or sluggish. With Bayonetta I feel like it's a constant flow.
>>
>>379776369
>Is Bayonetta the cringiest most forced protagonist of any action game?
That would be Dante
>>
>>379776507
t. havent played ninja gaiden
>>
>379776369
mods ban this baby's first bait try hard autism
>>
>>379776649
ESL?
>>
>>379769384
I'm bad at dodge offset: the post
>>
>>379774693
DMC4 is on your garbage list?
>>
>>379766460

I think Bayonetta is mechanically better, but DmC beats it out in design and aesthetics.

I'd much rather play Bayontta, but its enemy designs blow. The only cool looking enemies in the entire game are Gracious/Glorious and Jubeleus Everything else is over-designed and generic Japanese "holy" crap.

I'd love for Bayonetta to fight some demons, because P* is much better at designing demons than they are at angels.
>>
>>379776596
How? DMC3 Dante maybe but has some legit good moments even in that game. DMC1 Dante is fucking gold, nigga literally threw out the best line in video game history. Everyone loves Uncle Dante, Lucifer cutscene not withstanding.

Dante would only be cringe if he was the accomplished ladies man he pretends to be, the fact that always blows up in his face keeps him lovable.
>>
File: 1496779622485.png (3KB, 162x179px) Image search: [Google]
1496779622485.png
3KB, 162x179px
>>379776369
no you're just allowed your own preference
>>
>>379777043

Kinda. I finished the game on Hell&Hell and all but it just had too much backtracking and everything had a lazy design. And then Nero, I had no idea what to think of him because for him to be Vergil's son seemed so weird timeline wise and I wondered how they would work their way around that in future games, then it turned out that they didn't know what to do either and dropped that shit. Whatever Vergil addition the SE brought came too late and I haven't checked it out.
>>
>>379766460
>DUDE INSTA-KILL QTES LMAO
>>
>>379777073
>I'd love for Bayonetta to fight some demons
play 2
>>
File: Space Shows.png (570KB, 1027x523px) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
570KB, 1027x523px
No.
>>
>>379777958
go back to /tv/
>>
>>379777073

I played some emulated Bayo 2, during the first mission she summons a demon via her hair like usual but she loses control over it and it breaks free, you have to fight it.
>>
File: Rood.jpg (71KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Rood.jpg
71KB, 1191x670px
>>379777571
Wow, rude.
>>
>>379777958
>Outlaw Star only mid-tier
>Red Dwarf good enough to be mid-tier
Bullshit
and I'm a Brit so I'm biased in favour of Red Dwarf
>>
>>379776369
Maybe you just have a bad sense of humor?
>>
>>379777073
Play 2. The first boss is Gomorrah.
>>
>>379778684
No, i happen to have great sense of humor. But please, go ahead and give me an example of humor from that game working.

I've seen the webm of that Bayo 2 boss doing a raging demon and it ends implying they just had sex, that's kind of funny in an Austin Powers kind of way.
>>
>>379779290
A lot of it works in that surreal way that japs love to do, for example that ridiculous out of nowhere pose contest Bayonetta does when she encounters Joy.
>>
File: 1355564049317.png (343KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1355564049317.png
343KB, 600x550px
>>379766460
Nope. Gameplay is worse and Bayo is completely unlikeable.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.