[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1493417859694.png (1MB, 1244x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1493417859694.png
1MB, 1244x1095px
JUST
>>
>>379765050
Really, Star Fox Zero's Gamepad implementation was the best thing to happen to it. It created this big spotlight that distracted everyone from the game's other, bigger issues.
>>
>>379765050
>Game uses the Gamepad, gets shit on for it
>Game doesn't use the Gamepad, "THEN WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE IT NINTENDO?"
>>
File: MMBoxArt.jpg (45KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
MMBoxArt.jpg
45KB, 500x344px
>>379765050
Miyamoto just needs to retire. He's not a hack, but his line of thinking is outdated. Aonuma is at his best when he's not forced to design a game around a gimmick.

Sakurai has hit the ballpark with game design as Kirby Air Ride and Kid Icarus Uprising have that "Smash Bros" feel to them as they're addicting and have a lot of content. Too bad the autistic screeching of Meelefags prevent people from seeing how brilliantly Sakurai tends to structure his games.

If I were to rank the best current Nintendo directors, it would be Aonuma, Sakurai, and then Takahashi.
>>
>>379765659
It wasn't really a bad game on its own. It's just painfully forgettable. There's no reason at all to play it over SF64.
>>
>>379765050
ayy
>>
did they at least put a map on it for BotW or something? That would be helpful instead of loading it up on screen.
>>
>>379768115
They did in the beta versions of the game, it was like how WWHD is. They gutted it out for the release so the Wii U didn't have something the Switch didn't have.
>>
>>379768115
Nope.

Nintendo didn't want to give the impression that the Switch version of BotW was inferior to the Wii U version, so all gamepad functionality was dropped.

Consider the game has you carrying around an object that looks just like game pad, you can bet that the original Wii U direction for the game would have had lot more usage from the pad. Maybe it's a good thing they dropped in it favour of traditional controls but there's no doubt that being able to access your inventory on the pad would have been a massive help, it was a great feature in the WW and TP HD remasters.
>>
>>379765050
best game to use the game pad was nintendo land.

sm4sh and botw weren't good, but that doesn't have anything to do with not using the game pad
>>
>>379766201
The real credit behind BoTW comes from Nintendo's newer staff. Aonuma was questioned and challenged about Zelda conventions by them all the time.

For example, a young dev asked him why is it Link only jumps when he goes down ledges. Aonuma could only answer with "Because it's a convention". Young dev asked whatever, let's change it, is it really that important?
>>
>>379766186
Those are not mutually exclusive issues.

The gamepad idea was terrible in the first place, so there really was no point in making it when they could have made a normal fucking console instead.
>>
>>379766201
Aonuma's a producer. The few games he directed were garbage.
>>
File: link disgust.jpg (23KB, 294x207px) Image search: [Google]
link disgust.jpg
23KB, 294x207px
>>379769898
I die a little inside everytime I move a Divine beast knowing the only reason why I have to pause the game and go into a menu is because of the Switch. I bet this is what Gamecube players felt when they had to play Twilight Princess in 4:3 even though plenty of GC games already supported 16:9 beforehand.
>>
The first Aonuma quote is fucking insane. Of course you don't want to be looking up and down on the gamepad screen when playing games.

How a 30+ year veteran like Shiggy can't understand this
>>
>>379771256
>>379769898
It's just neat but nothing too dramatic
>>
>>379765050
I think Nintendo finally realized that the WiiU (gamepad) was a mistake with the development of SF0.
Didn't the game even get delayed because of "cutscenes" which no one bought sinceit was a Miyamoto game.

I think Miyamoto works the best when you give him restrictions as in "this is the hardware, now fuck off and go develop games for it"
>>
File: 1485908108478.png (84KB, 366x316px) Image search: [Google]
1485908108478.png
84KB, 366x316px
>>379770501
>likes Nintendo Land
>dislikes Smash 4 and BotW
I'm kind of jealous of how unique that opinion is. I really liked Nintendo Land too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.