[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a game that rivals Space Station 13?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: SS13.png (24KB, 514x388px) Image search: [Google]
SS13.png
24KB, 514x388px
Will there ever be a game that rivals Space Station 13?
>>
a lot of them, actually
ss13 is autistic fun but it's not necessarily the end-all of games
>>
>>379763654
what games have the same gameplay/genre of fun though??
>>
No. I don't think you realize that SS13 is a freakish abomination that never should have existed in the first place, something that should have died long ago but somehow clung to life through the power of unrivaled autism and the fleeting hopes and dreams of would-be designers.

The problem is that the designers who actually start producing good material eventually leave SS13 because we find actual games we can use our talent on and so SS13 soldiers on through new designers coming in, putting more and more ideas into this gargantuan pillar of... half baked ideas.

It's like the Kowloon walled city, basically.
>>
>>379763906
It seems to me there are two separate games at heart for most matches of SS13: a space station simulator, and a murder mystery. If you have just the sim part, it gets dull fast. If you have just the mystery, you end up with a weird mexican stand-off.

You'd need a game where you're expected to do your job as normal with the caveat that you can get murdered any minute.

Also buttbots because buttbots.
>>
File: feel emergency.jpg (56KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
feel emergency.jpg
56KB, 500x400px
>TFW there will never be an indepth roleplaying game like SS13 in 3D.
I hoped DayZ standalone would be this but they fucked it up.
The only way to make a game so in depth is to have it made with cel shading or ps2 graphics and no company out there will risk making something like that.
>>
>>379764550
>>379763654
If you've never played SS13 on a private server where everyone takes it slow and serious, you really can't make a comment like that.
>>
>>379766006
SS13 will never work in 3D. It sets the minimum bar of contribution too high.

You think most of the people who contribute to SS13 codebases are willing to learn how to model, texture, animate, on top of coding?
>>
>>379766396
It's just the general trend of making games about shiny new technology in visuals instead of making them more complete simulations. I'm sure there's talented engine programmers that could make crazy in depth systems but they're busy making hair engines for tomb raider and shit like that.
>>
>>379763410
>Will there ever be a game that rivals Space Station 13?
Multiplayer Dwarf Fortress, where every player controls an individual dorf?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 460x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 460x188px
>>379763410
tfw it's not even the best game with 13 in its title
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.