[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Prey_screen_shot.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_screen_shot.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
>30 million dollar loss

Why such fail?; This is a walking simulator where you get to shoot spiders
>>
PS4 version is on sale npw. Is it worth it? The demo didn't impress me at all and I got a backlog to power through.
>>
Because AAA budgets are overinflated as fuck and not sustainable.
>>
>>379752675
Nah wait for a $20-30 price
>>
They thought calling it prey was enough for people to care about it.
Nobody cares about prey. And those who do care hated it from the start.
>>
reminder this autist has no source
>>
>>379752675
Don't know why they picked the tutorial area for the demo. Obviously the game isn't going to be that much fun before you get any weapons or powers
>>
>>379750810
>30 million dollar loss
[citation needed]
>>
>>379750810

How come one guy can create a game I love playing more than a team of hundreds. We need the video game business to hit rock bottom before we start seeing good games again
>>
>>379750810
I'd buy it if I like the demo but since there's no demo on PC I won't buy a shit
I'll wait for a $15 or less sale to buy it
>>
>>379750810
Piracy, oh wait
>>
File: YesYes.png (174KB, 539x430px) Image search: [Google]
YesYes.png
174KB, 539x430px
>>379752858

I'm so glad the business strategy of hyping up Super Mega AAA Blockbusters is starting to show its cracks. And just at the same time as a few titles like Automata and Persona 5 came out and did great for their modest budgets.
>>
Triple AAA companies just have absolutely no fucking clue why people like Deus Ex. They also keep marketing Deus Ex to people who don't like Deus Ex so they have to change everything about the game until it's some weird half cooked fusion that sucks every time.

And yes, people don't like Deus Ex for perfectly valid reasons. Gameplay wise it's rather sloppy and it puts a lot of people off of it. I still love it though which might be also why I hate modern games that try to emulate it and system shock. These modern games are hated by two different groups of people for completely different reasons and large companies will never realize it.
>>
>>379754405
Anon... i got news 4 u
>>
>>379752858
>>379754672
Prey and Dishonored 2 barely qualify as A or AA tier games, slightly over 40 mil budgets for each, almost non existant marketing, Dishonored 2 already made its budget with slightly over 2 million sales Prey probably will too
>>
>>379753725
>How come one guy can create a game I love playing more than a team of hundreds.

Huh? which one? I'm afraid to say you might have shit taste, all games created by a single man suck ass.
>>
>>379754980

Automata had a budget of 5 million and was considered AA. Something that is eight times that has to be AAA.
>>
I thought it was alright. It took like 30 hours and a 2 week hiatus to beat it, but the end was quite the twist.
>>
>>379755394
Where did you read that?
I read 15 mil somewhere, that's a strong A game not AA, this is all very arbitrary anyways
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.