[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody got any eBay horror stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 77

File: ebay.jpg (24KB, 468x286px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.jpg
24KB, 468x286px
It's practically impossible to find any legitimate gaming systems or accessories on this site starting with the Wii era, unless you buy it from Best Buy or another company account.

I don't know what's more disconcerting; that there's so many counterfeit electronics in the wild, or that so many reporbate grifters exist in our society and walk among us.

How did this once principled site become so shitty?
>>
Actually it's not just past the Wii era. People are selling GBA SP's as new that are counterfeit.
>>
>>379750694
People still use eBay in 2017?
>>
>>379750694
Sold an inbox pokemon stadium for a BIN of 70$ or something like that. Some dude instantly bought it and I waited to be paid. Seven days passed and I sent an email saying I was going to cancel the sale since that was ebay's rules. He sent a message back saying to just give him 4 more days. I said no and cancelled the sale.

He spammed me with a bunch of messages saying he didn't even want it anyway and that I was unfair and that he had to pay rent that week. I didn't respond and he said "I'm going to report you for harassment."

Checked his history and it turns out he has real problem with paying on time and payments sometimes came two weeks after buying something. He left a negative review for me and complained I was an Ebay Nazi.
>>
Not from eBay but I once got scammed hard out of 30 bucks trying to buy a SotC CE on an eBay like site from my country. The guy got away with the money and the cellphone number he gave me belonged to a fucking gypsy mother fucker that threatened me if I ever called him back again.
>>
ebay isn't bad as a buyer, you just gotta find the right trusted sellers. there's a guy I buy import games from and he always has good prices and ships them fast.
>>
File: 1495136480345.png (2MB, 1399x715px) Image search: [Google]
1495136480345.png
2MB, 1399x715px
Just dont buy from anyone with less then 99.5% positive feedback, read the past negative reviews and if youre buying n64 games etc make sure you know how to open them and check to make sure you arnt getting repro carts.
>>
File: 1495137501030.png (2MB, 1376x733px) Image search: [Google]
1495137501030.png
2MB, 1376x733px
>>379752508
also worth noting you have 6 months to dispute credit card transactions legally through your CC company and or paypal - so use that to your advantage and do a charge back if shits fishy.
>>
File: 1426636363.jpg (265KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1426636363.jpg
265KB, 1131x1600px
>>379750694
>Want NMH2
>no place has it anymore, even as used
>browse eBay for it
>whopping 40 euros for it used
>see one guy selling it "New" for 10 euros from Paris
>decide what the heck, even if it's not new if it works I'm fine with it
>It is fucking new
Fucking eBay!
>>
File: DSCN1025.jpg (538KB, 1224x918px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1025.jpg
538KB, 1224x918px
does shipping horror stories count? this arrived last month through FedEx
>>
>>379752508
>>379752692
Thanks for the tips mate.
>>
>>379750694
How do you get fucked via ebay? All you have to do is not be retarded and actually read the description thoroughly and ask questions if you have any. The site favors the buyer is almost all cases. You literally have to be retarded to have ebay "horror stories".
>>
>>379753369
>this actually makes my heart sink.

Holy shit I am sorry man. Never ship PVM/BVM's though, always pick them up.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 700x511px
>get copy of Jet Force Gemini for the N64 in "good condition" with stock photo
>the cover has a bunch of knife carvings cut into it
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
>>379753584
i live in the middle of nebraska so picking them up is not an option unless i am willing to drive 14+ hours round trip.

on the plus side i got this 20L2MD last week and it even has a BKM-129x installed. arrived in perfect condition.
>>
>>379753562
i had an instance where the picture the seller had and what he told me was different from what i actually received. i ended up getting a refund and sending it back to him and he complained to me how he can't pay for food now. but how broke must you be to sell something for $20 on ebay?
>>
File: DSCN1046.jpg (544KB, 1224x918px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1046.jpg
544KB, 1224x918px
>>379753905
here is the pvm in action playing Pulseman
>>
>>379753562
Sellers pushing off the return case date as long as possible forcing eBay to get involved.

Potentially buyer denying he got your item. Or seller denying he got your item. Thankfully I got the idea to start recording my returns from inside the post office as I fit it into the package until I walk up to the mailperson and say "I want to ship this to Illinois" or wherever.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 530x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 530x396px
>those sellers that only sell game cases but only mention there's no games in the description itself
>>
I really hate the fact that you can't see every purchase you've ever made on your ebay account right on the site, I want to see what stuff I bought back in 2009 but I can only go back to 2015 or some shit.
>>
>>379751673
This shit needs to be illegal. Also you should use PayPal as a payment method.
>>
eBay sucks worse as a seller than buyer
>>
>>379754089
Delicious.
>>
>>379754231
>Sellers pushing off the return case date as long as possible forcing eBay to get involved.
Doesnt matter unless you are some poor faggot. You will always get your money back from ebay if you are not satisfied.
>Potentially buyer denying he got your item.
This is what tracking is for, which comes when you buy shipping through ebay (which you should always do because you can save 15% or more).
Again, you are literally retarded if you do not thoroughly investigate a listing/report the item if you're not happy as a buyer and equally retarded if you do not follow the steps ebay recommends as a seller. Its literally your own fault if you get fucked
>>
I don't know why but I grew up using eBay how someone would use amazon, so I just buy almost everything I own from there. I have only ever had one problem and I got a full refund for it.
>>
>>379754551
>tfw you used to be able to see other people's histories.
>tfw you used to be able to see the names of people who left you feedback

I guess eBay eventually realized how easy it would be to stalk someone if you "sold" something that you knew a certain buyer had a taste to get their address after you lost on another item. I'm pretty sure I used to bid war against Bill Trinen back around 2003 - 2005. There was a guy named Bill who bought Nintendo stuff and occasionally Sony stuff for incredibly high prices. If he bid on it you weren't going to win.
>>
>>379755048
I only buy new stuff that I can get free Prime shipping with on Amazon, I kind of like the whole auctioneering and best offer features of ebay.
>>
>>379750694

The risk on Ebay really isn't that big if you know your options

If you press the issue with Ebay themselves they'll usually refund you, otherwise you just go to your bank and tell them you wanna chargeback the transaction directly because you were scammed.
>>
>>379755353
>>379755048
these guys have the right idea. I've used both ebay and amazon extensively for many years now and buying used on amazon tends to be a problem, mainly because there are often no pictures included and little to no description of a used item.

what "Good" means to one person could mean something totally different to another. ebay is practically made for selling used shit

TLDR: amazon for new shit, ebay for used (generally)
>>
I sold a copy of Snatcher on the Mega CD a few years back. Game was in pristine condition, no scratch marks, even came with the spine card. The guy who bought it demanded a refund because the top of the jewel case had some scuff marks on it. It wasn't broken, the case itself wasn't 100% untouched. And this after fucking me around with the payment for a week and a half.
>>
How much does it cost to list stuff on ebay?
I was thinking about selling a pink DS Lite and some games on there, what would be a good shipping charge for that too?
>>
>>379753905
>Falling for the CRT meme
>>
>>379756185
I think eBay takes like 7.5% or something like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
Am I the only buyer on ebay who pays immediately after winning an auction?
It just seems like it's poor form to buy an item and keep the seller waiting for several days for something you knew you didn't have the money for at the time.

>tfw only ever asked for a refund once and it was for one of those government auctions because they didn't mention this set of vinyls would cost as much as the auction itself to ship
>>
>>379750694
I can tell you read or at least aspire to insert dictionary speak into your vocabulary, OP.
I appreciate that.
>>
>>379756185
Ebay charges about 5-10% of the final fee and Paypal takes a cut of whatever you're selling. When I've sold stuff, I've offered regular shipping, but said to contact me if they want special shipping. For a DS and games, you're probably looking about $5-10. Assuming the DS is unboxed, wrap it in bubblewrap, put it in a box or padded envelope and post.
>>
>>379756895
lol k
>>
>>379756768
falling for it? i grew up with them.

they have very legitimate advantages over modern displays when used with legacy hardware.
>>
>>379756185
eBay's real easy. You put in the weight of the package and it calculates shipping for you. Or just get a flat rate box.
>>
I was selling some NES games 10 years ago and some asshole bids over $100 each on a 4 games that weren't worth that much. He told me that he'd pay after her got paid and he never did. I was younger and pissed and told him he wasted my time and to die in a fire. He then makes troll accounts and starts fucking with my auctions and leaves me bad feedback. I set everything for a buy it now and reported it all to ebay and the negative feedbacks he gave me were deleted
>>
>>379756895
you big gay cumstain
>>
>>379757068
Different anon here, what would those be, say comparing playing a gamecube or N64 on a 22-inch 720p flatscreen tv vs a CRT TV?
>>
File: delicious-pizza-you-1685671.jpg (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
delicious-pizza-you-1685671.jpg
12KB, 240x160px
>>379756185
>>379756903
Also, don't forget to tip during the transaction process to the monthly organization eBay sponsors.
>>
>>379757649
People like that really have no lives, you should pity him for being so pathetic.
>>
>>379756823
Paying immediately is what you should do. I've had so many assholes buy something and leave me hanging for a week and I have to report them to get credit.
>>
>>379752508
As a seller who now has 98.5% feedback because some fucking spic got mad I raised a price on something after he REFUSED TO PAY, I disagree with this.
>>
>>379758025
Did you report him?
Also fuck people who bid huge amounts during the last ten seconds just to fuck me over on an auction I'm bidding on.
>>
>>379758397
I've reported him three times and Ebay won't remove his negative feedback.
>>
File: 1496731714744.jpg (54KB, 492x291px) Image search: [Google]
1496731714744.jpg
54KB, 492x291px
A $200 xiaomi phone i purchased from ebay broke after a month.... any chance for a refund bros?

Any tips?
>>
>>379758025
I mean yes the spic was in the wrong for not paying, but why didnt you just report him and go through the proper channels, why raise the price on him?

also thats why I said "read the recent feedback" as well.
>>
File: New Game Plus.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
New Game Plus.gif
991KB, 500x281px
>Ebay shipping costs $14 with "discount"
>USPS priority shipping costs $7
>>
>>379758826
Try reporting it to ebay
>>
>>379758826
Don't buy from china.
>>
>>379758826
see
>>379752692
>>
File: DSCN1001.jpg (419KB, 1224x918px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1001.jpg
419KB, 1224x918px
>>379757719
analog is quickly vanishing as an option from modern displays and older flatscreens like a 720p only you mentioned is likely going to be full of issues that didn't get fully hammered out until recent years. like shit backlight/ghosting/poor viewing range/significant drop in color range particularly greens/ect (HDR has done wonders for recovering the lost color range when we went from CRTS to flatscreens) IPS/OLED/ect are fantastic display types compared to the old LCD/Plasma during the transitional years.

240p is another issue entirely, it's not a proper video standard and is instead a clever trick of the 480i SD CRT tvs accepted, this generally confuses modern built in tv scalers (if they accept analog at all) and tend to add a ton of artifacts and input delay as it attempts to scale the image. (good upscalers exist but even a good PVM is cheaper than those)

if you don't really care about picture quality just find some random ass CRT tv that supports s-video or better and call it a day, most of those can be found for cheap or free.

even regular old composite isn't all that bad on a decent crt, this Amdek Color-I from 1984 that i received for free 15 years ago outperforms a PVM on composite.
>>
>>379758954
I relisted the item because he said in a message that he wasn't going to pay.

I had already reported him for non-payment (it took two weeks and three days to close the case) and he left feedback once I relisted and the case was over, which I didn't know was possible.
>>
File: Flying off the shelves.jpg (244KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
Flying off the shelves.jpg
244KB, 1024x675px
>Can't report scalpers
>>
>>379753562
The biggest problem with eBay is that in order to cater to shitty buyers that threatened a class action lawsuit over their right to be shitty buyers, you can't leave negative feedback to shitty buyers anymore, and are instead directed to a buyer report form that does nothing to the buyer in question, even if they blatantly scammed you. Buyers get a non-visible eBay mark of shame that does nothing to prevent them from abusing their retarded buyer-is-always-right protection plan

I got hit hard for the first time by this policy by some Mexican named Edward Lucas that was clearly using autotranslate for his case. I sold a copy of Dreamweaver with the original (scratched as hell) disc alongside a burned copy as-is, but the key was legit and all the boxing/documentation was there, and the burned disc was using the image from Adobe themselves. He opens up a case stating I sold him a defective radio, and despite me pointing out that this dude was clearly fucking with me, eBay kept the case going, only after 5 messages did he switch gears and say I sold him a non-working Dreamweaver, despite the fact I tested this all before sending it out

I messaged him asking what the deal was, and he said it wasn't installing, so I told him that's bullshit, and asked if he wanted to try using the image himself, which he did, so I linked him the ISO on my server, and after that, he escalated the case with "UM HELP THIS PERSON IS SENDING ME WAREZ" as he reason, and eBay ruled in his favor, and when I asked him to ship it back, he never did, saying that I was obviously using a fake address, and the package was returned to him. I had no way to open a claim on my end on the site, and when I took it to their phone support, they told me their decision was final, and I was at fault. Naturally, the guy abandoned his account right after that, and got an $80 copy of Dreamweaver free because of shitty site policies

Always take pictures/video of high-value shit working
>>
>>379758954
>why raise the price on him?

I was just raising the price because the item went up in value in the few weeks between the bullshit I was dealing with him.
>>
>put up a copy of G Darius on eBay for well below its asking price
>dumb fuck buys the game, complains it wasn't as described, and had the audacity to blame me for the damaged case during transition even though it was bubblewrapped
>because I'm perpetually cucked by eBay, just refund the faggot's money, complete with shipping
>check the game, disk is in great condition, fucker was salty it wasn't in mint condition

Oddly enough, I've never had any problems selling YGO cards without tracking, but run into hell when buying cards or mailing shit to friends.
>>
>>379759365
Then all you can do is try to get ahold of ebay and leave a response or reply on the negative feedback telling the 'real' story. most buyers will understand if coons are being niggers
>>
just bought a $800 drone today off ebay

how fucked am i
>>
>>379750694

I do, but it's not vidya related. It was a Halloween box set that was 'like new', but when it came, it wasn't like new at all. Tried to get a refund, seller didn't reply, eBay said I'd get a full refund, only got a partial refund. Fuck eBay.
>>
>>379760080
you are going to get Drone'd
>>
Not a horror story, but I recently bought an original GBA with a loose copy of Advance Wars for less then 20 bucks. Its works well and everything. Case is a little banged up, and the start and select buttons look like someone tried to rip them apart, but it works.

I plan on just moving the innards of the system to a new housing and replacing the buttons anyway, and at a future date replacing the screen with something a bit more... visible. Maybe one of the SP's screens, preferably the AGS-101 backlit one, but really anything would be better.
>>
>>379760152
see
>>379752692
>>
>>379760345

Tell me more about this.
>>
>>379760080
>buying drones
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 279x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 279x288px
>gamecube game has gamestop stickers plastered on the front or missing its manual
>listed as "new" condition
>>
>>379760445
cause theyre cool?

better than buying video games
>>
>>379752748
i had no idea it was that expensive. i'm glad i found it in gamestop for 10$ a year ago then
>>
>>379760418
Call your credit card company and explain the situation and reverse the charge. not difficult. cc companies side with the card holder 99.9% of the time.
>>
I've never really had any particular issues with buying legitimate items on ebay. Always check feedback and read the descriptions. If you don't have enough information from the description, there is no harm in sending the seller a question about the item you're interested in.

As a seller, the worst that has happened to me, personally, was an item being marked as undelivered due to lack of signature, and the buyer not responding to me for over a week. Turned out USPS just marked it wrong, and it was delivered (but never signed for despite me paying for signature confirmation to ensure a ~$900 item would not sit on someone's porch for a day).
>>
>>379750694
I bid on something once and completely forgot about it. Turned out I won the auction but I didn't know. Fast forward a year when I ordered something from ebay and find an inbox full of messages from the seller getting progressively more annoyed at my unresponsiveness, until he tells me to kill myself, and I had a single review on my profile saying I'm a bad buyer who never pays.

I still feel guilty because that was totally on me for forgetting but goddamn, just re-list it dude
>>
>>379750694
Not too much of a horror story, but I bought Rune Factory with a like new description. Figured it would be complete as the like new description implies as well as the $5 in shipping. Turns out it was cart only, complained and sent it back in the smallest envelope I could find with a forever stamp. Full refund minus the stamp.

I went against my better judgement and bought while only having a stock image. Don't do that.
>>
>>379760523
Some peope think that fidget spinners are cool, doesn't mean they actually are.
>>
i've bought hundreds of shit off ebay, mostly games with my only problem being some fuck who didn't send me the yugioh card I paid for. just be wary buying stuff from china
>>
>>379760523
>better than buying video games
You're wrong.
>>
>>379761089
Don't knock it till you try it
>>
File: bored2.jpg (16KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
bored2.jpg
16KB, 340x227px
>mfw most people who complain about being ripped off on eBay bid on shit with stock images and/or never communicated with the seller
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 960x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 960x792px
I sometimes wonder how much money I've blown off in the last decade buying stupid shit on ebay like games, coins, patches, legos and action figures.
>>
shitty seller sells returned items that are broken, turns off returns.

Sends you tons of messages if you point this out

uses no returns to invalidate any chance of negative feedback.
>>
>>379760523
>>379761259
are you autistic?
>>
>>379761675
>using 4chan

Obviously
>>
>>379750694
>Use ebay as a kid to buy and sell games
>Have a great rating making hundreds of sales.
>Take some years off and come back to it to sell my friends old games for him
>Sell Chrono trigger for snes for 100 us
>Buyer leaves positive feedback stating "received item as described"
>Two weeks later get notice from eBay that I owe them 100 usd
>The faggot buyer realized I didn't put the tracking code from the post office in ( I never used to have to do that shit).
>Call eBay and tell them what happened
>"Sorry, we can't do anything besides ask you to pay us back, but we can give you the buyers phone number"
>Lady on the phone staight up agrees that he did in fact receive the item, but refuses to help at all.
>Take the faggots phone number, tell him he's bloodsucking faggot, leave him a message on eBay too calling him a scoundrel and shit
>Messages me back claiming pure innocence and how I should be ashamed as a seller for claiming such things
>Pocket the hundred bucks and tell eBay to go fuck themselves forever

Fuck eBay. They still send me emails about the 100 dollars today.
>>
File: 1329536490474.jpg (104KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1329536490474.jpg
104KB, 515x515px
>Buy a Switch
>Pay with PayPal credit
>File dispute, claim I got an empty box
>Free Switch
>mfw
>>
>>379762016
You did that to me and I'd knock your block off
>>
>>379762218
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
>>
>order Vita for piracy from ebay
>comes in better condition than described, and arrives 2 weeks early

Ebay has yet to disappoint me, but I still feel like the other shoe will drop soon
>>
>Order game from Japan
>Comes in good condition and sometimes with a nice message or a card/packet of food
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>379762779
>tfw a seller left a GamerCat strip in the copy of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg I bought
I know it's a LOL thing but I thought it was nice.
>>
>>379762016

lmao why are americans so poor. feel sorry for you
>>
>>379763154
From the UK mates. Blame consumer protection laws.
>>
>>379750694
>How did this once principled site become so shitty?
>once principled
When was that?
>>
>>379750694
Anybody with over 500 ratings is probably alright. I once got a copy of Pokemon Emerald that didn't save, but that's it.
>>
>mfw selling Wii Mini'd shit from Club Nintendo and fucking 3DS demo codes
Ridiculous what people would pay for the early Smash 3DS demo.
>>
The only problem I had buying games on eBay was a game I ordered never arrived. But I got a full refund with no problem, so it wasn't a big deal.
>>
>>379762016
>do this to the wrong person
>they have your address now
>come home one day to find some crackheads broke in and stole all your vidya and your PC
>>
File: 1327206715091.jpg (10KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1327206715091.jpg
10KB, 299x293px
>>379763820
>Committing felonies and going to jail for years over $300
>>
post yfw you buy from someone with 0 ratings
>>
>>379751134
Where else am I supposed to buy used video game shit?
>>
>>379763948
yeah, that would be the bad way to do it. better to just wait for the person to post something of equal value for sale and do the same thing back to them on a sockpuppet account.
>>
>>379763948
People have killed for sandwiches. There are some crazy fuckers out there with short fuses.
>>
>>379762779
>Japanese sellers seem to be the only sellers that will instantly give you feedback after you pay
>Everyone else waits for you to give feedback or just doesn't leave it at all

I have two orders from Japan that are past the expected delivery date and if they don't show up Monday I'm going to have to unfortunately ask for a refund or a replacement.
>>
I stopped selling when they stopped letting sellers leave negative feedback. You can only leave positive feedback for a buyer and it's bullshit because there are a lot of awful buyers out there.
>>
>>379763948

Good luck proving they had anything to do with it faggot.

>"B-But officer, they had my address!"
>>
File: P1010399.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1010399.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>379762779
I was pleased by this earlier in the year.
>>
>send in a best offer
>seller doesn't respond within the alloted 2 days or just flat out rejects my decent offer without a counter
I offered you $20 for fucking Pikmin, it wasn't that off from your $25 listed price faggot.
>>
only thing I got is when I bought Blade of Darkness there were two listings for it. One was advertised as Like New for $15, another was listed as Good, but was part of a bundle of games including Morrowind, and like seven others I've never played but would have been interested in.

I went with the Like New because, I don't know, I'm OCD like that. It was not Like New, more like Good. I could have got 8 more games for that money you motherfucker!

I bought the White PS4 Destiny bundle from Amazon Warehouse Deals a couple of years ago and it was listed as Like New. I assumed it was just a returned item and would actually be like new. Fucking thing look like it was dragged across broken glass. Got my $200 back.
>>
>>379764498

>having it shipped to your address

???

No one in the scamming business is this stupid
>>
>>379760445
can't yet torrent them
>>
File: 1491065220265.jpg (10KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
1491065220265.jpg
10KB, 215x235px
>>379764172
I bought a game from Japan and it said it's suppose to be here by May.17th and it's still not here. The seller messaged me saying "It could take longer" but it's been a month now. I've been giving him the benefit of doubt since playasia took a month and 2 weeks for my package to be delivered so I don't know If I should bother him
>>
>>379764609
you should try lowballing sometime. if they decline then it's no big deal but sometimes you get stuff for 40-60% off of their listed price.
>>
I had shit that i ordered never got and then somehow vanished from my purchase history and about a year later it reapers. i could not give any feedback or get a refund
>>
>>379764498
I use a PO Box for almost all internet orders, I'm not dumb.
>>
>>379764812
File a dispute. If he can't provide tracking you get a refund.
>>
I ordered a used Thinkpad and when it got here, it started turning off randomly.
The seller was very apologetic and gave me my refund very quickly.
That's about the worst experience I had with eBay.
>>
I sell regularly on ebay, you have to be honest selling there as paypal/ebay claims will almost always side with the buyer unless you have proper evidence or proof for your defense.
>>
10 years ago my email got hacked and some paki had a field day trying to buy shit with my ebay account. racked up so many negative ratings in that one week before I got my shit back.

still can't use my original ebay account because of it.
>>
Never had a bad experience with ebay. 10 years ago I purchased a Gunpla and never got it but that's all.

Last good experience with ebay sellers : Bought a gachapon of Morrigan Aensland a few months back. The guy said that he "added a surprise into the package". I'm like yeah why not cool.

The dude actually sent me the Morrigan I ordered and a second figure but with the player 2 colors. A little note said"a real fan of Darkstalkers deserves two Morrigan" It was very nice of him.
>>
>>379765569
I handle PayPal disputes as part of my job, unless their complaint matches your description exactly you will lose. I also don't care about your return policies.
>>
>>379765408
I remember trying to sell my busted Thinkpad because I was too lazy to fix it, and a bunch of people were messaging me with possible solutions to the problem I wrote out in the item description. Think there are more decent people on eBay than there are cunts.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 585x611px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 585x611px
>>379764875
>>379764609
here is an example for you, lowballing absolutely works when the seller is actually motivated.
>>
>>379765581
I also had this problem but it was some chinese bastard.
>>
>>379750694
>see Doom for $15 (a few months back when it was usually going for $40)
>seller has like 97% rating
>buy it since there is buyer protection anyways
>Never receive it
>No way to submit the form that I never received the item because the seller had never marked that he received the payment (even though it was taken out of my account)
>contact paypal and tell them the situation and they revoke the payment
>ebay deletes my account of 5+ years immediately after with no reasoning and when I call them they tell me there is no way to recover it
Never used it since lol. shit company
>>
My dad bought me Duke Nukem Forever for like 5 bucks, and when it finally came after a month, it was a blank DVD with Assassin Creed Brotherhood cd cover art lazily on it.
Fuck China.
>>
>>379765676
Which is why I said you have to be honest. Anything I sell there I will have pictures of the item at every angle and give a thorough description.

If it's electronic or mechanical, I will even upload a YT video of the item in operation with a shot of the serial # (or anything uniquely identifiable) and ebay handle.

So far I've only had 1 dispute over the past 5 years and that was solved quickly with shipping the missing part.
>>
File: 1466446053514.gif (872KB, 216x191px) Image search: [Google]
1466446053514.gif
872KB, 216x191px
>wanting to sell old games
>find a clean working disc of Smash Melee
>check disc only listings, don't go very high
>buy a GameCube game case for $1 free shipping, good condition manual for $5 free shipping, go to nearest copy shop and have them print a laser matte photo of the Melee cover for fifty cents
>list game as complete for $20
>sells for $80 plus shipping
feels good
>>
File: 1451423690961.gif (449KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1451423690961.gif
449KB, 555x555px
I have the opposite of a horror story.

Years ago, I bought Zelda: Collectors Edition for Gamecube, and when it arrived, it had the case, the manual... but the game disc was Wind Waker.

I contacted the seller, and he wound up sending me the Wind Waker case with Collectors Edition inside, and told me to keep both games.
>>
>>379750694
About a decade back my mother used to use ebay to sell shit. She sold some glass item or some shit and made sure to package it correctly, buyer complains that it came broken and leaves a negative review, never even contacting her for a refund she was fully prepared to give.

She stopped using it afterward. Lately she asked for my help setting up a paypal and helping her start selling some old shit again but I dunno how to tell her the website's gone to shit.
>>
>selling graphics card
>get bid about $40 over what I expected and $50 more than I paid for it
>suddenly get a bid retraction notice that says the bid was made by someone other than the owner of the account without permission
>whatever
>go to relist
>you've exceeded your monthly selling limit
>your monthly selling limit is: 0
What the fuck do I do with that?
>>
>>379766569
Sellers will bend over backwards to make sure they don't get negative feedback. Even a single negative can fuck their account and cost them more in fees than that game cost.
>>
>>379756080
eBay is the nigger of online shopping
>>
>>379766631
how new is your account? I've never had this problem before
>>
File: 1487535710564.png (353KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1487535710564.png
353KB, 500x708px
One time in the last year I think I needed some cash so I sold my old PS2. I tested it and everything, packed it with controllers, wires, and Sly 1 and shipped it off. Everything seems all good, it arrived to the buyer promptly but then two (2) months (1/12ths of the year of our lord) later the buyer complains with a bunch of shit like saying the disc tray opens randomly. I mean come on, I tested it to make sure it worked fine AND the guy only complained after two months, I called bull shit and told him politely as possible that I did indeed ensure it was working when I shipped it and I won't refund him because of how long it's been since the purchase. The end, never heard anything again, relatively not horror story from my perspective, but I mean the gall to whine two months later.
>>
>>379760459
>Last copy of a game in Gamestop is the one sitting out on the shelf as a display copy.
>Clearly has been opened and has tons of stickers on it
>Gamestop considers it new since they opened it and took the disc out themselves
He's just passing on their shittiness to you.
>>
>>379766792
At the time it was a few days old, only made it to sell the card.
>>
>buy cheap dvd player that can be region unlocked through remote control codes
>item arrives like new as described, complete with box, manual, and pristine remote
>discover dvd has been left in the tray
>disc graphics covered in Japanese
>play disc and discover it's an hour long modeling shoot with a 12 year old girl
>contact seller and threaten to report him and tell his family and friends on facebook
>we settle on $2,000 for my silence
>maybe I could have got more but the girl wasn't nude besides a couple of nip slips
>built a new PC with that money and got a few dozen faps out of the dvd

disc is japanese
>>
>>379766828
I hated doing this when I worked for them. The only reason they don't bother with display copies, is because there are people who will still buy it. They'll only stop, if everyone refuses to buy the opened one.
>>
>>379766937
You have to build up some feedback before they let you sell lots of stuff at once. I'm assuming that's to stop people from making new accounts and trying to dump stolen goods or defraud people.
>>
>>379767248
You got cp and money fuck thats awesome
>>
>>379767381
Yeah, but my monthly limit is 0. I can't sell anything at all, it's basically a ban.
>>
>>379767248
I hope this story is true holy fuck
>>
>>379767248
>not reporting him once you got the money

you are too nice
>>
>Tfw the only stuff I've bought through ebay in the last few months has been a tin of Scho-Ka-Kola and some parts for my M9 and M48.
>>
File: z6r1jDe.jpg (221KB, 1031x1277px) Image search: [Google]
z6r1jDe.jpg
221KB, 1031x1277px
>buy a game
>get a message soon after paying
>its some pajeet trying to sell usage of a steam account with family sharing on that happens to have said game
>>
>>379767304
the gamestop I worked at, the manager would usually purchase the gutted copy himself, take the disc with a sleeve and leave the case on the shelf.

Otherwise we askedpeople beforehand. "We have one new copy left but it's the display copy so it's been opened
>>
>>379767540
Did this happen in the last month? Maybe it resets to 1 at the beginning of the next one. Also, good luck selling that. Nobody likes buying from zero-rated sellers.
>>
>>379751134
Yeah, you can find good shit, cheap as fuck.
>>
>>379767814
I had some legitimate bids as well, but I'll probably build a mid-tier pc by picking up cheap parts instead of bothering. It just bothers me in case I want to sell something else.
>>
>>379767248
You just reminded me that when I returned a faulty HP laptop I bought from eBay, I forgot to wipe my downloads.
>Corruption of Champions
>Trials in Tainted Space
>Free Cities
>Anubis and the Buried Bone demo
>Shitload of doujins
>Proxy Paige and Diamond Jackson videos.
>The Isabella Valentine Jackpot series
>WM/BW raceplay videos.
I hope they somehow fixed it and resold it without looking at the downloads.
>>
File: z6MDpWx.jpg (831KB, 3464x2848px) Image search: [Google]
z6MDpWx.jpg
831KB, 3464x2848px
Oh, by "eBay Horror Stories" I thought you meant pic related.
>>
>>379759424
>the free market will fix everything
>>
>>379763113
gamercat is kind of awful but that's still a cute thing to find in your game
>>
>>379767973
You can sometimes find good deals with auctions, but those are getting rarer and rarer. The only thing worth buy-it-now prices are warhammer bits, since ebay sellers are about the only ones still willing to part out kits.
>>
File: IMG-20160508-WA0006.jpg (449KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160508-WA0006.jpg
449KB, 1600x900px
>>379750694
Someone tried to scam my friend for clothes that he sold
>>
Worst I had was someone sent a fake pair of Yeezys but at least I got my money back.
>>
>>379768341
Go on
>>
File: 1413039372693.jpg (157KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
1413039372693.jpg
157KB, 576x440px
>Ebay seller for 9 years
>Sell media and games mostly
>Decide to sell a used kindle one day for my family
>Woman sends me constant messages of how thrilled she is to find this exact model
>Sell it to her via standard USPS in "USED" condition
>Four days later get a refund request and a very nasty email
>"UM, THIS WAS NOT FED-EX, I ONLY ACCEPT FED EX PACKAGES, AND USPS CLEARLY RUINED MY KINDLE, I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND IM KEEPING THE KINDLE
BECAUSE ITS DAMAGED NOW
>>
>>379767626

Then he wouldn't have gotten to keep the dvd you mong
>>
File: 1496970494817.jpg (55KB, 383x567px) Image search: [Google]
1496970494817.jpg
55KB, 383x567px
>sell something for 300 on ebay
>ebay/paypal takes cut
>have to wait 3 weeks for goddam money

Yo fuck that trash site for sellling shit
>>
File: 200px-Sonichu.jpg (16KB, 200x329px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Sonichu.jpg
16KB, 200x329px
>>379768751
If she didn't read the description she is done fucked and you can point that out to eBay hopefully they won't be too retarded that day
>>
>>379768943
You have no selling experience so they have no reason to trust you. Also the money gets released 3 days from date of delivery.
>>
>>379768341
Is your friend the one calling the other a cunt? Or the top one? What happened here?
>>
>>379768990
If she claims it's damaged he'll lose, but she'll have to send it back. Used does not mean damaged.
>>
>>379767248
What proof would you have had the CD was his?

He's a cuck
>>
>>379768943

You get your money 3 days after confirmed delivery or when positive feedback is left.

The 21 days thing is just the longest it can take if an issue doesn't arrive
>>
>>379755048
Amazon is shit in my cunt, I'm really jealous of American Amazon, but most of all the Amazon auction service the Japs use. They have so much cool shit.
>>
My only issues so far have been with people not leaving feedback because it makes it take longer to get my funds from paypal.

>>379751673
What an asshole. Especially since positive feedback is so important on the site.
>>
File: 1326926926067.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1326926926067.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>379769267
>shit in my cunt

I'm not into that.q
>>
>>379759424
who would even buy this shit?
>>
>>379769882
Nintentoddlers.
>>
>>379757719
Any old console will have horrible input delay on a 720p flatscreen
>>
File: 1496950268074.png (1MB, 731x731px) Image search: [Google]
1496950268074.png
1MB, 731x731px
>>379758025

I recently started selling off my stuff and I've ran into so many fucking annoying people. Obvious resellers trying to talk me down on BIN prices (I already sell items cheap since I think retro prices are ridiculous), needy buyers asking a million questions AFTER buying items, impatient people threatening to 'do something' when their items are held up in the shipping process by things out of my control, etc. The worst are buyers that are either blind or retarded.

>sell scuffed up original gba super cheap
>had generic screen replacement
>max photos on listing detailing the condition, always make bullet points for every item detailing everything
>it basically says multiple times "Damaged, scuffed, generic screen replacement"
>perfect shots of light reflecting on the screen to show the generic replacement and the scuffing present
>guy buys it
>negative feedback
>"It's really scratched up and not a real gba."
>>
>>379768631
>>379769043
Long story short, my friend sold some clothes to someone and then after the expected ship date he tried to tell him it never came and asked for a refund, obviously my friend knew he was trying to scam him so he could keep the clothes and the money so they argued about it yadada and then ebay took the buyers side and demanded my friend issues a refund and my friend got pissed off about it started swearing at him and shit and then yeah, shit just ended there. So unless you pay extra for tracking you gotta prepare for this type of bs
>>
>>379761821
I hope you made harassing phone calls to that faggot's number.
>>
File: 1455499117725.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1455499117725.gif
2MB, 240x180px
I've got one, and it still pains me to this day.

>Sell Wild world since New leaf is coming out
>Have second thoughts multiple times, but figure its for the ebst and I can make new memories
>Clearly labeled "USED" "CART ONLY"
>Mother buys my game
>All seems well
>Comes back and leaves a long angry email requesting a refund
>"This wa s a present for my daughters birthday, and when I reciev ed it, it was broken into, there was no box, or anything just a cartridge, You sir singlehandedly ruined my little girls birthday, and made her cry, she was very excited to get this game, and now I have to go to the store and buy it outright for her, so thank you so much for this headache, You couldn't even do one thing right. Thank you so much, I am never going to buy from you again and I'll make sure nobody else does either."
>She opens a fucking case
>I can only ASSUME she searched "Animal crossing" bough the cheapest thing she could find thinking it was new leaf
>In the end I as the seller lose the case, because the mother talked up a sob story and ebay fucking sided with her.
>Figure to give the fuck up and honor the refund
>She never sends back the game
>A month passes, get pissed off and contact her
>Nothing
>Five fucking months later I get a reply out of random air
>"Oh I threw it away :)"
>All those memories died for nothing.
>>
>>379769267
American Amazon is trash

They don't do one day deliveries and take forever to deliver shit.

Amazon UK GOAT
>>
>>379770009
Why would you not have tracking AND insurance on the package?

Your friend is an idiot who deserved to get taken.
>>
>>379759424
>scalping
>bad
>>
>>379757950
Important to note for ebay sellers:

If you are doing a buy it now listing make sure you check Require immediate payment in the listing options. If you do this the buyer has to pay before he actually commits to the product.

I've had several people buy things off me that just never paid and never responded to any messages. Random ass accounts with < 5 feedback that I cant even imagine why they'd touch my listing if they were going to drop off the face of the earth
>>
>>379770304
It was just clothes, he don't use ebay often either.
>>
File: Multiple_Shadow_Clone_Technique.png (3MB, 1912x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Multiple_Shadow_Clone_Technique.png
3MB, 1912x1080px
>not checking out craiglist and then robbing the guy
>>
File: 1496376670093.jpg (121KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
1496376670093.jpg
121KB, 888x888px
Can you still get free shit by claiming the box was empty? I remember when people were doing this a few years back because eBay loves to fuck their sellers.
>>
>>379770969
Even better:
>finding a hot guy on craigslist m4m and sucking his dick
>>
File: 1337398763769.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1337398763769.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>379770969
>Selling my PS4 on craigslist because I got a Pro
>Obvious nig messaging me wanting to buy it
>"Sure, let's meet up at this address"
>"Yo dawg that's a police station"
>"I know"
>"Ay I found one cheaper elsewhere"
>mfw
>>
>>379767248
>shitthatdidnthappen.txt
>>
File: negatory.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
negatory.gif
2MB, 300x300px
I do not buy on ebay unless it's a last resort. Just to avoid this kind of bullshit you people post about.

I only buy from Amazon and ONLY if an item is either sold by Amazon directly or it's fulfilled by Amazon. Then I can expect that an item is legitimate and if it's not I can easily return it for a refund. Done it many times, Amazon is mostly hassle-free.

ebay fucking stinks. I do not buy anything above £20 from ebay.
>>
>>379771047
You'll have to provide an official police document stating that it was empty but yes. A simple ic3.gov report will suffice, just don't do it too much because PayPal will take people to court if you are doing it a ton.
>>
>>379770278
Maybe if you live in bumfuck nowhere. Last thing I ordered got to me in 2 days with regular shipping and no Prime subscription.
>>
>>379771483
>2days

Trash UK has 1 day deliveries and even better, with Prime Now same day deliveries
>>
>>379770228
and this is why you never sell your precious vidya.
>>
>>379770969
>Wanting to buy a PS3.
>Some guy on Gumtree says he's selling a used PS3, controllers and games for 150 dollarydoos.
>Message him saying I'm interested and asking where he's located so I can inspect the product.
>"Uh, yeah dude. I won't be able to meet you at my place but bring the money and meet me at the corner of [Some Street] and [Other Street] tonight at around ten and I'll give you the games then."
Bogans are a fucking cancer.
>>
>trying to find a DualShock 3
>every single """official""" DualShock 3 is a chinese knock off
how is this allowed?
>>
>>379772103
Because eBay/Paypal still get their fees so they don't give a shit.
>>
>>379758397
It's called sniping and it's the smartest way to get what you want. I win 99% of auctions that way.
>>
>order gba games from japan
>seller adds a thank you note written in engrish and a green machi kit-kat

:)
>>
>>379773005
Emoticons are not allowed on 4chan
>>
>>379751134
Ebay is a basically an amazon competitor now.
>>
File: ye olde vee.png (366KB, 871x3701px) Image search: [Google]
ye olde vee.png
366KB, 871x3701px
>>379773114
>>
>>379751673
This is easy to fix as a seller. Make all purchases set for payment immediately. If they don't pay or you don't like their address, just cancel and hit the "problem with buyer's address" issue. Get your money back, relist.
>>
>>379773285
>I'm not going to rush out and buy games that look good.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
>>
File: 1443252993494.gif (1MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1443252993494.gif
1MB, 220x165px
>>379770228

If it's any consolation I worked at a very small local vidya shop and got to laugh dumb moms like this out of the store.

>lady buys used 3DS game as a gift
>comes back two days later, kid in tow with 3DS system
>"Uhh your GAME broke my daughter's system!"
>look at it, bottom screen is gouged and destroyed
>explain a game can't do this kind of damage, say I can refund the used game fully but she'll have to contact nintendo support or the store she bought the system for repairs or replacement
>starts immediately using her daughter as a sob story
>"It was a birthday gift and it BROKE her system. I want a replacement NOW or I'll make sure no one ever comes here again!"
>explain the same shit again and try to act sympathetic but in my head I'm fucking strangling her
>she keeps pushing for me to just give her a new system, won't budge at all on it
>causing scene, the people shopping in the store are already looking over
>"I WANT TO SPEAK WITH YOUR MANAGER! Maybe he actually knows something about these things!" waving the 3DS around
>get manager from back, brief him quickly on the situation
>he just walks up, hears her story, laughs at her and tells her to leave
>she huffs and puffs
>he tells her to leave and that she won't be receiving a new system OR a refund at all
>she leaves like some fucking cartoonish villain, claiming it's not the last we'll hear of her and that she'll put us out of business
>>
File: 1493866184915.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1493866184915.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>>379773285
When did we become so jaded? If posts like this were made today you'd get "SHILL SHILL GOOD GOY HAHA NINTENYEAROLD REDDIT"
>>
>>379773285
I wonder if people knew over a decade ago their flippant shitposts would be invoked as board culture. But going by this everybody should be using tripcodes.
>>
>>379773942

When irony and cynicism became popular with the younger crowd.
>>
>>379759835
>>put up a copy of G Darius on eBay for well below its asking price
>>dumb fuck buys the game, complains it wasn't as described, and had the audacity to blame me for the damaged case during transition even though it was bubblewrapped
Explain. I love Darius
>>
>>379771197
>Yo dawg that's a police station
>Oh sorry, how about this?
>Yo dawg that's a fucking fire department!
>>
File: 1384150843422.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384150843422.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>379773005

I used to always include handwritten thank you notes with my own rough doodles of vidya characters. I think the best one was

>guy buys SNES game cart only
>before I ship I'm going through the rest of my games
>realize I have the box, instructions, all almost like new for that game
>game really isn't pricey with or without box
>ship it CIB instead and include a little note telling the buyer, thanking them, some little papercraft vidya stuff included as well
>guy messages me a bunch after receiving it telling me how awesome it was, says thanks, etc.
>>
>>379773832
its sad how many people have the mind set of if they scream loud enough they will get free shit
>>
>find a broken PS4 for $80 USD
>stated to have broken HDMI port and hard drive glitch
>buy it with intention of fixing it for $80 itself
>arrives, decide to blow in HDMI port
>boots on completely fine
>I read the glitch's error code online
>Fix it with fresh update install from us

Horror story for the toad who thought the thing was broken .
>>
Can someone help?
I sold an item on Ebay a few days back, he payed and I shipped but Paypal still won't let me touch the money. Do I really have to wait the 15 days?
I provided the tracking info
>>
>>379776610
>Do I really have to wait the 15 days?
Yes.
New sellers have to wait longer to access funds.
>>
>>379776610
>>379776821
Wrong, the funds are held until 3 days after delivery under the Ship to Fund program.
>>
>>379777085
wrong paypal can legally hold money for up to 6 months
>>
>>379768150
Yeah it uses a lot of mid-2000's humor but I appreciate the little nice things sellers do.
I'd like to do something fun for nice buyers once I start selling shit on there, maybe send an old pokemon card with it or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 454x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 454x407px
>tfw having to ask for a refund because I didn't realize how much the shipping would be on an item
I've only done it once and I still feel guilty
>>
>>379763948
I've heard of people dying over $1, you're playing a dangerous game if you think no one's going to start shit over expensive vidya.
>>
>>379769983
Got a link to your ebay listings?
I'm always looking for retro vidya stuff.
>>
> Sell a perfectly working GTX 980ti on eBay to a well-reviewed buyer, buyer pays, I ship, everything looks good so far
> Get a message from the buyer saying that the card works perfectly by itself, but does not work in SLI - he requests a refund
> I spend several days helping him to troubleshoot the issue
> Turns out he tried to SLI a 980ti and his old 770, which is impossible

Here's where it gets good

> Buyer insists on a refund, which eBay approves - they take money out of my account without my consent (the cost of the card, plus shipping, plus the final value fee - ~$400+ in all)
> I repeatedly call eBay support to try to explain to them that the buyer is attempting something impossible and that there is no reason to think that the card is broken
> Talk to probably twenty clueless Indians in a row - "Excuse-ah me sir, de buyer has kindly advised us that de item is defective, please do the needful and understand that I can take no further action in dis matter"
> Think to myself "OK, I can just eat the loss on the shipping and resell it when it comes back to me, not the end of the world"

Here's where it gets REALLY good

> The card arrives back to me - all my accessories and original packing are gone and A PIECE OF THE PCI CONNECTOR IS SNAPPED OFF, the fucker tried to take revenge on me for fighting the original return
> Call eBay again, get another brainless subhuman on the line: "De buyer has kindly advised us dat de item is damaged, so it is expected dat you have received a damaged item as a return. I can take no further action in dis matter, have de nice day :^)"

I just paid someone $400+ to destroy my GPU. If I had just chucked it in the trash instead of selling it on eBay, I would have saved $50 in shipping and sales fees and weeks of aggravation.

Fuck eBay
Fuck eBay
Fuck eBay
>>
>>379777271

Can but they don't.
>>
>>379750694
Not a horror story but kind of weird.
I haven't used ebay in decades, and received a miniature dollhouse grandfather clock from a company in Australia at my address that ebay wouldn't have. The only reference to the company that sells it is on ebay. I was so confused for months.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 803x866px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 803x866px
>tfw just got a blue Dualshock 3 controller and a PS3 soccer game for $2 at a garage sale
I love the summer
>>
I ordered some stuff on ebay and it's been 30 days since the item was shipped

what do I do? I still haven't got it
>>
>>379777951
Always advise buyers to open a PayPal dispute instead since they are much more reasonable.
>>
>>379771047
>>379762016

This is the reality of eBay, people can get absolutely unlimited free shit with zero risk - sellers can't even leave a note on the buyer's account.

If you are a seller, this WILL happen to you, and it will happen soon, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Enjoy :^)
>>
>>379775287
Just wanted to let you know you're an Ebay saint my dude, so many sellers charge a lot extra for SNES/N64 game boxes these days.

>tfw managed to snag Mario Party 2 complete with box and instructions for $25 a few years ago
>>
>>379778419
Contact the seller idiot
>>
>>379777951
Literally your fault for trying to sell on ebay.
>>
>>379778419
You bought something that was drop shipped. Ask for a refund, reverse image search the stock photo and buy it from wherever the source is (aliexpress).

Same goes for most listings with stock photos. Most of the time they are being drop shipped from Amazon.
>>
>>379761416
It's almost impossible to get fucked on eBay as a buyer considering all of the various protection plans they now give you, you can theoretically get free shit from Chinese sellers if you're convincing enough with lies regarding broken shit, as Chinese sellers generally settle when they can't talk their way out of it

>>379761821
Be careful with this, eBay is shady enough to give people Accurint hits with collection agencies if you refuse to pay shit, and as trivial as it is, would make finding certain employment a bitch
>>
>>379778419
You should have contacted the seller by the date it was due to come in, I usually contact if it's not at my house within 2 days of the listed arrival.
>>
>Buy a sega saturn on eBay.
>Get it.
>It doesn't work.
>Open it up.
>The system has dried leaves and dead plants in it along with the actual hardware.
>Like it was stored outside for extended periods in a yard.
>ask for refund
>Seller refuses
>send them pictures of what was inside the system and ask if they want ebay to settle it.
>Get refund

Why do people sell clearly broken shit and not expect it to get flipped against them on eBay.
>>
>>379753905
Where the fuck do you live? NE bro reporting in.
>>
File: pred1.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pred1.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>379779306
This was sold as being "well built in perfect condition, just needs painting". The pictures of it were angled to hide all this fucking glue and damage. The seller refused to refund until I threatened to contact ebay because his listing was inaccurate (he claimed it was my own fault and should have asked if it was damaged before I bought it). Ebay is garbage
>>
File: 1486870658469.png (510KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486870658469.png
510KB, 1366x768px
>>379777951

When I built my PC late 2009, I bought a Radeon HD 4800 and AsRock X58 SuperComputer Motherboard, both of which were a lot cheaper then buying on Newegg at the time and was really pleased by the sellers.

Just remember, for every piece of shit like this exists, you got genuine people out there who know how much you put into your sales. Also fucking hate Indian customer support.
>>
>>379779475
Nothing bro about being a faggot online.
>>
>>379779306
Theyre called black people anon. Niggers, coons etc.
>>
>>379753905
Nice. I'm thinking of grabbing a 8 inch sony pvm off of craigslist for $90 this weekend.

Slap it on my desk for retro stuff.
>>
when x and y came, out i noticed people were selling shiny pokemon on ebay for money. So i started selling them myself. i made $100 total, and have only 1 bad story.

this guy buys the shiny 31 ivs vulpix i put up for $15. now, because ebay doesnt want to do digital sales, i have to word the listing as a guide on how to get the pokemon. so as soon as payment would go through, i sent an ebay email of a how to guide i would write up and include my friend code and the bottom. the buyer would reply with his code and we would trade immediately. A week later he does a charge back and says i never sent it to him. so i email him and say that i did, and the record of it happening is in there email system. then he breaks and says he didnt like the guide and thats how i won because the listing stated no refunds.

I stopped doing this cause ebay would keep canceling my listings
>>
File: 1404575772757.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1404575772757.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>>379773942

>When did we become so jaded?

It's been this way for a decade now. Though to be honest it wasn't much different back then either. We would've told you to fuck off back to GaiaOnline or GameFaqs.

Also console war shit has always been around on the internet. I'm 28 but jesus christ do I remember the early-mid 2000's flame wars like in the back of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxrz9UX4b0E
>>
>>379780102
I do this shit all the time to people selling digital shit. Get fucked.
>>
>>379780516
i got the money anyway kek. keep scamming fagget
>>
>>379779067
I contacted him after 15 days, he said it would take 20 days and I should just wait until next week.
I waited till 20 days. Still nothing.
Ebay said the item should arrive by 29th day.
I wait until 30th day. Still nothing.

So I opened a ticket saying my items haven't arrived. Now I wait until Jun 14th for him to respond before I guess talking to ebay more about it.

The seller has 99.7% upvotes so idk what's going on.

I have to say ebay is now 2/3 for problems with buying shit (the other problem was when I first used ebay - seller didn't have item, I asked for refund, he sent me some confirmation message, I agreed and apparently that meant he got to keep my money and cancel my order).

Everywhere else I've ordered online (except G2A) has been flawless. I guess ebay just isn't for me.
>>
Bought a PSP and the square button stuck when I pushed it in. 5 minutes after getting it I bricked it when trying to install a custom firmware and the guy still took it back and I got a full refund.
>>
only horror stories have been from USPS being incompetent shitbreeds who lose packages and one really weird dude I sold a CD to.
>sell him this fairly rare album for around $50
>he gets it and opens a return item case
>claims the item was damaged in shipping
>I package my stuff securely but I figure whatever, it's possible
>refund the money and get the package back
>the only "damage" was a few of the spindle teeth in the jewel case snapped off
>literally the only part of the item that was easily replaceable and he returned it over it
>>
>>379779475
Nebraska actually.
>>
I was selling my Smash themed 3ds around christmas time last year, i don't remeber the price but the bidding was going good and i was getting quite a bit more money than if i were to sell a regular 3ds as it also came with smash pre-installed on the system as well.

Bidding ends and i get a message from the seller saying thier kid had somehow got their phone and had bid on my 3ds without their permission and that they weren't going to pay for the item.

i knew i couldn't force them to pay since ebay tends to favour buyers over sellers so i messaged the 2nd and 3rd highest bidders to see if they were still interested since for their bids i was only going to lose £10 or £15 which isn't much, but they never replied so i relisted the 3ds again and it sold for the same price as any old 3ds.
>>
I've been considering buying Forza Horizon 3 and it bothers me that there are people selling used versions of the ultimate edition for $90 or more. It's fucking obvious that it doesn't come with the dlc so they're just charging $40 more for a disc that is functionally identical to the significantly cheaper standard edition disc that might come with a steel case.
>>
>>379769983
This is why I don't sell on eBay. I only sell in person now
>>
File: 400.jpg (21KB, 1108x400px) Image search: [Google]
400.jpg
21KB, 1108x400px
>selll 3ds game used and specifically state it being used
>get negative feedback
>"item came not as described, avoid."
>>
This one kind of had a happy ending, but still fuck whoever this guy was:

>Had a sealed Toon Link and Shiek
>BoTW just came out, Amiibo for Zelda were at a all time high.
>Decided to sell both in the same auction, got like $160 out of it.
>Put insurance on it due to high cost and wrapped everything well.
>Days pass, get a angry email from the buyer accusing me of sending him "used amiibo". >Ask him for pictures and he shows me the amiibos that were ripped open and out of the box, he said he wanted to collect them.
>One of two things happened: Either the post office opened it up (Which is possible, my local post office is horrid and has a track record of fucking up shit) or dude scanned everything in BoTW and wanted to pretend that I was scamming him (He had like 3 feedback, so I am assuming the second).
>Tell him that I will open up a insurance dispute with the post office and asked him kindly if he would take stuff to the post office to be inspected if needed. Go ahead and open the claim online.
>Days pass, do not hear anything. Email again to see how everything is going. Dude then turns around and opens up a ebay dispute saying he did not have time to go to the post office and that I was being unreasonable. Ebay sided with him immediately.
>Whatever, as long as I get the amiibo back I will refund him his money.
>Gets the insurance money in the meantime from the post office.
>Dude never sends the amiibo back after a month. Dude then sends me a email saying he is "too busy" to do so and was whining about this and that. Send a message to ebay and they side with me and cancel his dispute.
>Call the post office about the insurance money, they say that I can keep it.

TLDR; I got paid twice on a item because dude was too lazy to send back the item that I suspect he did in the first place to get the BoTW amiibo stuff for Shiek and Toon Link.

Fuck that guy, whoever he was.
>>
>used to find shitloads of 20$ anime figures on ebay
>damn these are great deals!
>find out that they're bootlegs when one didn't even come with instructions
>proceed to feel embarrassed
>>
>>379782602
Why the fuck would a figure need instructions?
>>
>>379764812
Shit I bought from Japan took 2 months but if you have the right use it.
>>
I tried to buy a japanese game from a shady japanese seller and got the PC-engine of Prince of Persia and Twinbee for the gameboy instead
>>
>>379782602
I remember seeing those too, glad I never bought any.
>>
>>379761821
Post the faggots #
>>
File: IMG_bh65u0.jpg (10KB, 265x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_bh65u0.jpg
10KB, 265x329px
>buy used game
>seller was a smoker and the game casd stinks of cigarettes
>>
>>379782943
to be assembled or for accessories
>>
>>379764172
>>379764812
What type of shippinh did you guys get? SAL is slowest cause its on a fuckin boat, Airmail is mediun fast but can take awhile, EMS is fastest and will get from Japan to the USA in 1-2 days but then sits in customs so it usually takes 4 business days, customs lately has been holding my JPN packages for a full 5 business days each fuckin time.

Track the package & see, itll probably be stuck in customs.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 1200x675px
>>379783395
>start smelling game case
>can't stop smelling it because the smell of cigs reminds me of comfy Holiday Inn rooms
I think I might be an addict and I've never smoked cigs
>>
>>379759424
what a retard
>>
File: robin-williams-hair-transplant1.png (56KB, 345x366px) Image search: [Google]
robin-williams-hair-transplant1.png
56KB, 345x366px
>people buying things from you and then refusing to pick up the item because their country has charged them import tax / customs fee
>they want you to pay their import tax / customs fee
>people buying and not paying
>buying and people not sending
>people getting angry because you sent it tracked and they wanted to scam you
>people offering you $20 for something that's worth hundreds
>>
>>379783696
You can like the smell of smoke and not be an addict. Become a fireman.
>>
>2007-ish
>want to play mvc2
>go on ebay and see some guy has a good complete copy of it in good condition
>also has rogue squadron 2
>buy both
>like 3 weeks later they finally come
>they're trashed to shit, look nothing like the pictures
>even some piss stains on rogue squadron 2's manual
>leave bad feedback and ask for refund
>get my refund a week or 2 later
>out of nowhere a couple weeks after that, guy messages me on ebay
>says he's gonna come to my house to sort this out, and that I just fucked up big time
>shit my paints, get scared as fuck
>report him to police, give his address to them
>he never comes and I never heard back

stopped me using ebay for years
>>
File: shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg (43KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg
43KB, 550x400px
>>379783395
>buy used game
>case smells like old people
>>
File: 1494289976050.jpg (67KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494289976050.jpg
67KB, 540x720px
>bought a Wii about 1-year after its release
>was camping listings to find one cheap or one for around MSRP with a good bundle of games
>two weeks of trying to win an auction, I get one
>guy had 40sells and at 100%
>sent money immedately
>never hear anything from them
>email, call, nothing
>open a despute with ebay
>Well the shipping says up to 2week and they have 5days to ship, so contact us again at the 20day point if there's no contact
>day 20 he tells them it's now in the mail
>no shipping tracking or confirmation
>ebay requires I give them 19 more days
>I saved up for this and I was barely in highschool with a 5hour a week job that paid sub 10 dollars
>they finally awarded in my favor for a refund two months after the purchase date and it took 3 more days for it to post

Went and bought one retail after that.
>>
>>379753881
Same game. Mine has a fucking drill hole through it.

Still works, but what the fuck who does this?
>>
>>379783883
I would if I weren't a pussy, I should try becoming a hotel manager sometime.
>>
>>379752692
Yeah, big advantage to using a credit card and not a debit card. In fact, I try to encourage everyone to use a CC instead of regular bank debit card because 1) you get points an shiet, and 2) extra securities. I just pay mine off in full every two weeks. Builds credit too.
Back on topic, I bought a smart watch from eBay, advertised as perfect condition, it has scratches all over the screen that the seller conveniently covered up/hid by using light at certain angles. Seller refused to accept a return and refund me, Opened a dispute with eBay, they refunded me directly, I returned item to seller, and then they supposedly went after him for the money. Found the same listing a week later but this time advertised that it had face scratches. It's hard to Jew people on eBay because the buyer almost always wins.
>>
not a horror story but i once bought a psp from an asian guy on kijiji (canadian craigslist) and it was in near perfect, blue psp 3000. the only downside was that it wouldn't read disks anymore, but it still works to this day. he was really nice about it too, and when i asked if it read disks (which i didn't really care about, but would still be a bonus if it did) he asked if i really wanted it or not and all that
>>
>>379767248
I once bought a 91 cadillac devill that had hardcore anal porn dvds in the trunk, the owner was my mechanic & when I tried to give them back he just smiled & said enjoy. The guy selling you the dvd player probably wanted you to enjoy some weird gravure shit. Was it a professional looking disc or the japanese was handwritten on it?
>>
>>379783926
>not replying "what are you going to do, piss on me? I'LL BEAT YOU WITH THESE FUCKING GAMES YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY TO SEND ME"

weak
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 311x162px
>tfw buy coins on ebay every now and then and never have any problems
>tfw buy games and most of them are missing manuals or won't read on my wii properly for some reason
>>
>>379771047
I dont see how it woykd work since all the shipping companies weigh packages & a lying buyer would be outed easy unless they go the "box of rocks" or "box filled with jars of prego" route
>>
File: 1469141698154.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469141698154.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>Buy game
>shipping updates once and then no updates for two weeks
>get refund from seller about a week after that
>buy same item from different seller
>half a week later both of them arrive
>seller of the first one never contacts me and the shipping still hasn't updated
>>
>>379785201
that happens with me whenever i buy from mandarake with small packet shipping. the tracking only tracks to the point where it leaves japan, and then never updates again, even when the package arrives
>>
>>379785201
Happened to me with an airsoft shotgun, unfortunately both of them ended up breaking.
>>
>>379785518
This was domestic, it was only a $30 game but it was still pretty weird.
>>
>>379771197
I kept getting people from other states trying to buy my ps4. Also a lot of "why are you selling" then when I tell the I bought the Ps4Pro "oh so is the one youre selling broken then?"

I ended up selling mine to soneone that was a 45 minute drive away, took a physical game so he coykd test it. Forgit the game in console & he said he'd mail it to me. Its been 4 months now, fucking faggot.

He also asked if the ps4 had playstation plus installed cause he couldnt afford to buy plus, I told him ps+ is a monthly membership service that can be joined at anytime. He says he cant figure out how to do it.then says it wont connect to the internet, I explain he has to go to settings & setup a wired or wireless connection.
>I dont know how to do that, I think this ps4s wifi connector is broken
Ask if he ever entered the wifi password so the ps4 could connect to his wifi
>Oh I didnt know you had to do that

Fuck I shouldve just kept the damn thing
>>
File: 1491725854891.png (1MB, 709x755px) Image search: [Google]
1491725854891.png
1MB, 709x755px
>person sends money but not postage, messages with sob story about how he can't afford
>paypal gives his name as ari goldman
>>
>>379785898
just because he's a gold man doesn't mean he'd give an arm and a leg for your stupid postage
>>
>>379777951
Can't you take them to court for this? You have some documentation.
>>
>>379786026
You ain't from around here, pardner
>>
>>379750694

I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga in near mint condition and took a risk on pre-emptively verifying the purchase because the dude was dying for the money. I did it on the condition that he also ship me a non-sports Saturn game.

And that how I got PDS and Earthworm Jim 2 for the Saturn for $200.
>>
>>379771808
Probably because the UK is smaller than most states in america
>>
>>379772103
>order dualshock 3 off ebay for $15 about a year ago
>it arrives in good condition and functions perfectly
It has some minor wear around the analog sticks and I did need to clean it a little, but it definitely wasn't disgusting or unusable. I guess I lucked out buying it.
>>
>>379750694
Just one.

This was way back when, when copies of Ocarina of Time's 3DS version were rare and so scalper-prone, even Gamestop was getting in on it by selling used copies of the game for $55 USD. I bought a digital code from some guy on eBay. It worked, and then he sent a separate message asking if it worked.

I should've been more cautious.

Fast-forward to when the Super Mario Maker and Wind Waker stages were being released as DLC for Sm4sh. I tried to buy those, but I kept getting non-specific "error messages" when trying to connect to the eShop, on both my Wii U and 3DS. Nintendo's internal code lookup was unhelpful, but then a quick Google showed me that I had been banned. Back-and-forth with Nintendo's customer support revealed that the credit card used to generate that eBay code had been subjected to a chargeback, and they had banned me for using it. It took a week's worth of support calls, but I got my money back and my account unblocked. They still had me delete Ocarina though.

OK, blogshit over.
>>
>>379786706
A lot of the chink knockoffs work, but I don't want to risk the battery exploding or some shit
>>
>>379779890
Yup, fuckin nigger probably found the console in a field or dilapidated yard & thought "boy we gettin da good weed tanight"
>>
>>379786216
Court costs would run more than the value.
>>
>>379778664

>so many sellers charge a lot extra for SNES/N64 game boxes these days

so they should.
>>
>Buy Animal Crossing: Wild World from eBay
>Is half the price than a copy from Gamestop
>Game came in good condition, came with it's box and manual
>Had fun playing the game

FUCKING EBAY
>>
>>379751134
Amazon is terrible and overpriced if you're buying brand name products
>>
File: 1497128659650.png (699KB, 622x570px) Image search: [Google]
1497128659650.png
699KB, 622x570px
>Item location: Israel
>>
>>379788405
whats wrong with israel?
>>
File: matt_trey.gif (820KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
matt_trey.gif
820KB, 500x422px
>>379788405
>Reaction picture: anime
>>
>>379761006
When the hell did that happen? I get like 15 notifications for sneezing at an auction let alone winning it.
>>
File: 1468746730776.png (1MB, 880x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468746730776.png
1MB, 880x1080px
>>379787506
Fast forward to today and it's easier then ever to pirate Nintendo games
>>
File: paul-rudd.gif (983KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
paul-rudd.gif
983KB, 250x141px
>>379788860
>reaction image: grainy half second long gif pulled from 1996
>>
File: 1433276654058.jpg (150KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1433276654058.jpg
150KB, 960x540px
>Bought a Switch off some guy off eBay
>Comes with BOTW, a carrying case, and a car charger, for less that I'd get at a store
>15 minutes after paying, he sends me a message
>Basically says "Yeah, my wife got mad at me for trying to sell this, oh well! I'll refund you though!"
>>
>>379788740
Literally everything
>>
File: 1418948182869.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1418948182869.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
Not a horror story, but there's something I just don't understand about people who sell new shit on ebay. Why sell something that's below MSRP + offer free shipping? Then you get fucked by ebay/paypal fees on top of that. Like what's the fucking point?
>>
>>379789321
can i get a -- nude. tane.
>>
>>379763292
It was slowly. They wanted to become more reputable back when buying on the internet was not really accepted. So they instituted some buyer protection rules. Buyers took those rules and ran with it even taking ebay to court a few times. Each time ebay became more and more the buyers bitches to the point sellers cant even leave negative feedback on buyers any more.

Its a case of a company being to afraid of losing money to do what is right.
>>
>>379789419
Whenever I try to pull out on a deal I get shafted with negative rep, I hope you gave him the same number.
>>
File: hat-wobble.gif (565KB, 433x290px) Image search: [Google]
hat-wobble.gif
565KB, 433x290px
>>379789561
WARNING: This is NSFW
>>
>Be me
>8 years old
>Really fucking want that Lego Star Wars AT-AT set
>It's discontinued and only on Ebay for about $100
>Beg mom to buy me it for my birthday
>"Alright anon, it is a little expensive but it is your birthday"
>3 weeks pass and I pretty much start crying every day when it doesn't show up
>Check sellers Ebay account
>Deleted
>Damn, we got scammed over a Lego AT-AT
>Mom tells me and I get super sad
>Mom felt so bad she just bought another one

EBAY
>>
>>379750694
Not horrific but I bought a Gamecube on ebay once, it smells like smoke and the laser is sketchy, but I only wanted it for the Gameboy Player adapter, so it's fine.
>>
>>379789535
Gets you good ratings.
>>
>>379778319
You have a stalker that was trying to make you happy the only way they could think of.
>>
I scared /vr/ a few years back with some ebay horror stories. I told them my little cousin came over and got into my things, and opened up a bunch of my sealed Super Nintendo games, And inside, was an el polo loco menu and a bar of soap.

Then curiosity sat in, and people started opening their sealed boxes only to find they were actually perfectly fine.
>>
>>379790067
Nice
>>
File: 1487452785623.png (229KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487452785623.png
229KB, 623x469px
>>379790067
That's a fucking master troll if it wasn't a legit story, anon. Nice.
>>
>>379790067
>el polo loco menu and a bar of soap
WEW
I would have at least included a 50c sports game if only to make it sound legitimate from the rattle.
>>
>>379790067
a little unrelated, but can't you "factory seal" something over again by going to a printing shop or something?
>>
>>379789769
>Had a side ebay business were I would buy untested or broken items for cheap and fix them up/test them/properly clean them and resell them.
>Dude literally had 30 untested gamecubes he got from a storage locker auction.
>Haggled with him and managed to get him down to $100 for the lot and $50 shipping.
>20 out of the 30 Gamecubes worked fine, and I managed to fix 3 of them.
>Resold them for $40 a pop, made a huge profit off it.

Sadly, a lot of people have wised up and I have not seen the same level of stuff I used to back 3-4 years ago. That or sell used stuff for ridiculous prices.
>>
File: ayyyyyy.jpg (40KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyy.jpg
40KB, 297x297px
>>379790486
>Go to garage sale
>Half-eaten ps2 controller is 15 dollars
>>
>>379790647
I know what I got, no lowballers. Serious offers only, not looking to sell just testing the waters.

No tirekickers.
>>
>>379762779
I got an origami crane once.
>>
>>379787506
I'm so glad that scalper got beat back on that OOT 3D shit, I fear Majora's Mask 3D might get the same treatment one day though.
>>
>>379790337
Those places will shrink wrap things for you but it's obvious that it's not the same as the factory wrapping.
>>
>>379770620
>why they'd touch my listing if they were going to drop off the face of the earth

Dummy accounts to drive down competition or to monitor messages to see if t he seller will offer taking less for the item. There was a ring that got busted a while ago that was basically trying to bug down and block off anyone that under cut their prices with shit like that.
>>
>>379762779
>order comes with a cute handwritten thank you note with a comic compilation I bought
>pass it on to my next buyer who paid too much for an aftermarket Glock barrel
I wonder how much these things go around.
>>
>>379759015
Its called the seller passing on the ebay fees to the buyer.
>>
>>379770431
Scalping should be illegal.
>>
File: 1467833977287.png (12KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1467833977287.png
12KB, 405x414px
This entire fucking month.

>Try to sell a copy of Super smash bros melee online
>7 day auction, bid ends at $65
>Ask buyer to pay
>Um, thats too Expensive.
>You fucking bid for it buddy
>Yeah but I found a cheaper one, I'm getting that instead
>Thats not how this wor-
>Ebay asks me to cancel the transaction
>Fine

>Relist
>Another 7 days pass
>This time it hits $54
>send buyer invoice
>I cant buy it
>What?
>I'm new to ebay and the system wont let me buy it, sorry.
>Call tech support
>Check if hes bullshitting
>Turns out its a codex error with the site, they tell me to jsut relist it again
>Tell buyer I'll re-list it for his bid won price
>Buyer never shows or responds

>List it AGAIN this time as a buy it now
>Get 5 offers for $20 and under
>Decline all of them
>Another offer
>$21
>Tell him I'll only take $35 minimum
>$22
>Tell him no, 35 only.
>You have an offer: $34
>You have an offer: $34.50
>You have an offer: $34.99
>Accept final offer
>Offer declined

WHY CANT I FUCKING SELL THIS THING?!
>>
>>379790647
>go to some shitty second hand electrics/phone repair shop ran by poles
>ask about second hadn dualshock 3's
>they bring out one thats scratched, buttons and sticks feel fucked
>plastic is cracked with bits missing
>£10
>smile and say no thanks
>well thats the best your gonna get you can take it or leave it
Fucking slavs
>>
>>379791401
Just use craigslist you fucking idiot
>>
>>379750694
>really badly wanted kingdom hearts 2
>bought something from ebay called kingdom hearts 2
>it was 2 copies of kingdom hearts 1

don't even know why he did this, since two copies of KH1 at the time could sell for more than enough money to buy KH2

I ultimately profited about 3 dollars
Not sure what he was thinken
>>
>inheriting mom and pop gaming shop
>before I was a manager I ran all the duties of the store
>hamplanet with unruly kids orbiting come in
>want to trade in a Wii
>at this point in time we have like 15 used in stock and can't sell them for $40
>whatever
>she places cardboard box on counter
>open it up to the smell of cat piss
>go to grab the Wii to see condition and if it will work
>roach scurries out of the system
>vomit immediately
>she didn't notice
>low ball the absolute shit out of her and explain we simply have too many in stock
>she buys it
>leaves store
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 721x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 721x479px
>>379790647
>go to estate sale
>get N64 games (including Kirby 64, OOT, Banjo-Tooie, Starfox 64 and 5 others) for $2 each
>can now resell them on ebay and finally own Kirby 64
I was so surprised considering most estate sales operating by companies usually overcharge on everything in the house, I also managed to snag a Dualshock 3 controller for a dollar yesterday.
>>
>>379791401
I'll buy it off you for $35 if you want, does it come with a manual?
>>
>>379790647
Reminds me of something that happened a few years ago:

>Lived in a area that is prone to flooding at the time.
>Go to various garage sales
>Dude has a bunch of N64 games that were going for a decent amount at the time/decent games.
>They had some water damage, offer him a low value for them due to the condition.
>Dude wanted like $20 a pop and was dead serious. Told him his prices were ridiculous for their condition and being untested and walked away.
>Dude runs out the door and then offers them at $2 a pop. Accept and get like 15 N64 games.
>Clean them real good, open them up and make sure no internal damage happened (They were fine), test them ridiculously over a month to make sure they were in good shape, and list them on ebay noting what had happened to them.
>Made a decent profit off of it.

Never had any returns on that either.
>>
File: loadiine ebay.png (790KB, 891x1595px) Image search: [Google]
loadiine ebay.png
790KB, 891x1595px
>Sold N64 game for $400
>Received $373 from PayPal
>$15 shipping due to insurance/signature required
>$40 in eBay fees

sucks
>>
Ebay has always been sketch bud. I used to buy gba games all the time, you had to really be careful since a large amount were Chinese counterfeit. And while the games still worked many didn't work for long. I had a few which the internal battery would die and your save progress would go with it. Nothing has changed, the Chinese simply got better at hiding it.
>>
>>379792392
What game did you sell?

>tfw will never acquire a super rare game for a cheap price
>>
>>379775491
The reason they exist is that it does work. Some places. Some stores have a flat policy to give the customer whatever they want if possible to shut them up. Some people learned this and immediately started abusing the system and trying to expand it to other stores.
>>
>>379792738
>tfw costco had a lfietime warranty on everything
I miss being able to get a brand new TV whenever a new one came out.
>>
File: daijoubu.jpg (57KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
daijoubu.jpg
57KB, 600x338px
>>379764812
>>379764172
if you guys had free shipping it may take up to a few months after the expected delivery had one go up to 4 months because of the shipping freighters are on delay on the coast
>>
>>379794874
This is why the orientals are terrible.
>>
>>379796104
Because their cargo ships obey the laws of physics? Or because you were too cheap to pay for shipping?
>>
I am going to Tokyo in a few months. Any good places to go to for used games? Mainly interested in Famicom and Super Famicom
>>
>>379750694
>Go on ebay
>Find what I want
>Look at the pictures
>Read the description
>Look at the user's rate
>Make sure it's not coming from China or places like Malaysia or the Philippines
>If needed, message the seller
>Buy
>Never happened but I get swindled, contact ebay
>Everything works out fine

Is that so hard?
>>
>Buy a used Wii because I want to play some GCN on my TV
>Price is really cheap because it doesn't have the sensor bar, AV cords or a Wii Remote which as fine - I could get those easily
>Box arrives
>Note on it from the seller saying he found the extras and put them in for me
>Start it up
>High School Musical game in the Wii disc drive
>tfw got fully-functional Wii with all its shit and a shovelware game for $10

Felt pretty good. Got some component cables and a GCN controller on the way.
>>
>>379796736
Don't buy shit at akiba.

Only somewhat serious. Akiba has become a tourist trap when it comes to retro games and while there are good deals to be found, more often than not it's not as cheap as you could have gotten them. Walk into any store that sells use shit and you'll find a retro section.

If you are out of akiba, just go to a book off, geo, or tsusuya and you might be able to find some stuff as well.

If you are out for saving some serious money. Yahoo auction JP.
>>
>Buy an external 1tb hard drive for like $10
>"Wow what a great deal!"
2 weeks later
>Receive a small package from seller with nothing but a shitty small plastic keychain in it
My fault for buying for an obvious chinese bullshit artist
>>
>Buying 3ds off ebay
>Find a limited edition one
>Alright price
>I buy it
>Seller messages me telling me that he will ship it when he gets the money
>Tell him i already paid, and show him the receipt.
>He notices he used the wrong email on his account. So money wasnt sent to his paypal
>I literally spend an entire day showing him how to fix it.
>I ask him to leave me positive feedback, He never does it.

That is about it for me.
>>
I got one
I had a spare game code from microsoft that they had given me for ordering another game, and I had the game they'd given me a code for in my library already, so I figured why not just go sell it on ebay?

So, I sell it and dude that buys it does a chargeback.

You can't dispute a non-physical item and the code itself was redeemed by him, on his account and I even provided information that the transaction matched the user who redeem it and bought it.

Ebay never gave me my money back and I had to pay for the chargeback that was taken out of my paypal.

Fuck you Rocky Harris, you dick eating motherfucker. If I see you, I'm gonna fuckin beat that ass for that 17 dollars.
>>
>>379750694
>Friend and I enjoy Pokemon
>At some point, Gamestop announces that they are stopping the trade-ins of GBA games
>Use this time to hunt down every version so that we have a copy of each
>Manage to get the majority of them except missing a few versions
>Check ebay
>Find a bundle that sells all of the games together
>Purchase and wait
>Few days later, package comes in and my friend and I try a copy
>Get weird errors such as the battery dying and the name being weird
>Game runs somewhat choppily
>Game doesn't save well and crashes
>Look at cartridge than do research on it
>We apparently got bootlegs of the games
>Contact the seller saying that he never specified that they were bootlegs
>Seller then apologizes, refunds me my money without saying anything, and tells me I can keep the cartridges
I keep the cartridges around as a talking piece since I don't have a need to throw it away. We eventually did manage to find the missing legitimate versions of Pokemon afterwards from other sellers that didn't sell in bundles. At the time though, we never considered that bootleg GBA games could fly around, but it took the seller from Hong Kong for us to realize that. It does suck that selling counterfeit stuff has a gray area of legality since there's a chance people would want counterfeit stuff as strange as that may be.
>>
File: eurobeat stops.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
eurobeat stops.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>379750694
>ebay listing selling arcade GAME version 7
>everything on the cabinet from the art on the controls up to the topper is from version 6 of the game
>>
>>379799509
>You can't dispute a non-physical item and the code itself was redeemed by him

If they are disputing with PayPal or with their credit card company directly yes you can.
>>
>>379799643
>listing for GAME 7
>photos are of GAME 6
>description is a cut and paste official sales pitch for GAME THE REBOOT
>it's not even a good enough deal to contact the seller and ask what the hell he's actually selling
>>
Ebay should change the feedback system so it is done double blind. Both buyer and seller should have to leave feedback before the other can see it, so no one can hold positives for ransom.

Plus, this would encourage people to work issues out on their own.
>>
File: catch that man.gif (287KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
catch that man.gif
287KB, 340x255px
>>379750694
>tfw i have over 50+ TBs of used hard drives from work that i tested but i'm to afraid to get robbed by listing them on craiglist

what should i do to minimize the chances?
sell them in smaller batches?
>>
>>379800753
Sell in a public place you feel safe at. I do craigslist sales at a tacobell for instance. Cash transaction inside a store with cameras and I just people watch til they show up, leave after they do, boom done.
>>
>>379800753
sell them on amazon
>>
>>379800753
Cash only, do the trade at a police station.
>>
>>379800404
Taking out the ability for sellers to leave buyers negative and neutral feedback one of the most bullshit things I have seen, and every other website has copied it.

And honestly, that is when eBay started to go downhill and buyers started to pull A LOT more bullshit/eBay siding with them on everything. If it wasn't for Amazon being so shit to sell on/Craigslist being risky and creepy as fuck (plus idiots on there) I wouldn't even bother.
>>
>>379801323
eBay essentially had no choice in the matter because what was happening is eBay would decide against the buyer and then they would go to their credit card company for a chargeback, which the buyer would win and would cost eBay a shitload more in fees.

So they basically have no choice but to closely align with the credit card consumer protection laws.
>>
File: 1328233471723.png (271KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
1328233471723.png
271KB, 357x346px
>pick up preorder of Persona 5 at Gamestop, the case rattles a little as the clerk hands it to me but I think nothing of it since preorder bonus
>realize in car that the box through the shrinkwrap is caved in despite wrapping being all in one piece, didn't even try to open it despite my immediate tendency being rushing to smell that fresh disc smell
>rush right in and point out, didn't think about how suspicious it would look until hours afterwords but the clerk was like whatever and exchanged it for a "used" copy he had in the desk not like manuals exist anymore I miss smelling them oh god I miss smelling them fresh out of the box
>had ordered a new copy of nier so I could have the box since I traded it in years ago because ? but it doesn't show up after the final delivery date, woops turns out I ordered from a taiwanese scam on AMAZON not even eBay I'm too paranoid to use eBay how can you people stand using it knowing someone could scam you
>order it again from other person after being very careful to check user score on amazon
>it arrives but there's a rattling again
>look at box in bewildermint since it too has shrink wrap
>the back is caved inOH GOD
>open it up
>disc is loose oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man
>look at back of disc
>it's spotless
AMAZON MASTER RACE
>>
>>379750694
I've only been ripped with one game being a bootleg out of countless purchases so I'd say eBay's been kind to me
>>
>>379759082
That's the rule of thumb. If you're on eBay and the shit says it's from China or Hong Kong, DON'T BUY.
>>
>>379762779
This. Every single order from Japan on eBay that I've made always comes with sweet little notes or drawings. God bless those sellers.
>>
>>379801726
Even if you're straight up lying you can realistically win Ebay disputes 100% of the time as the buyer.
>>
I remember there were some retards complaining about G2A legitimacy in a previous G2A thread and saying that G2A cannot be compared to eBay. I called them retards, but after reading this thread I've realized they're right: you cannot compare the two, eBay is much shittier customer support and scam protection wise.
>>
File: wl.png (310KB, 499x550px) Image search: [Google]
wl.png
310KB, 499x550px
I tried to buy pokemon emerald before it came out in the UK. I ended up with a shitty knock-off version, it was mostly the same with a handful of altered cutscenes. I only realised it was fake after I beat the elite four only to have it erase my data, which sucked because I thought the new stuff was going to be in the post-game. I then looked at the back of the game and saw that it made by "Nintondo". At least the seller gave me a refund plus a little extra when I called them out
>>
>>379764812
Every game I've bought from JP has always arrived within a week of it being labelled as 'shipped'.

Maybe its your country's customs or postal service that's utter shit.
>>
>>379803353
Why would anyone use anything other then EMS from japan?
>>
>>379803613
>1700yen shipping for one ps4 game

That's why. There's plenty of JP sellers on ebay that offer free registered airmail.

And they've always arrived in less than a week. But then again, I dont live in a country run by a hairpiece wearing moron.

btw, SingPost is the worst.
>>
>>379763113
Japanese sellers always leave cute little notes and stuff in their packages.
>>
>>379802538
I mean let's not pretend that G2A is good either.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.