[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever play this game? I never see any threads about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: medilevil.jpg (53KB, 924x530px) Image search: [Google]
medilevil.jpg
53KB, 924x530px
Anyone ever play this game? I never see any threads about it but I'm curious as to what you guys think about it. I remember playing a few levels as a kid at a friends place and recently picked up a psx emulator and started playing it again and am currently really enjoying it. It's giving me some hardcore nostalgia even though I only played it shortly as a kid, and I'm finding it to be an enjoyable experience so far. I also played the remake on psp when i was like 12 but that one kind of sucks, it seemed too childish too me now that I'm playing the original and it kind of ruined the creepy and mystic environment of the game. I also really like how the world feels really depressing and emotionally cumbersome, it reminds me of how you have to take on an unforgiving world by yourself in dark souls. The potions that revive you and the bosses with large health bars also reminds me of what a late 90's Dark Souls might have been like. Anyways, here some things I've noticed about the game so far.
Pros:
>fluid controls
>Interesting story and lore
>amazing soundtrack
>fun combat, although it is a bit dated
>not completely linear, explorable environments with puzzles and logical solutions
>cool rewards like weapons and gold that actually make you want to get all of the collectible chalices to hear what the dialogues of the characters in the hall of champions
>fun, challenging bosses with a good difficulty curve, also utilize items you may find and earn depending on the boss
>good save feature which isn't always a think with ps1 games
>neat art style

Cons:
>the camera kind of sucks ass sometimes, I find myself having to use L2 and R2 to adjust the cameras somewhat frequently when going through corridors or tight spaces, or if i forgot something and have to turn around
>graphics look a little dated, the art style is cool but some of the mobs look like play doh
>Shields break super easy, but you do find a lot of them so whatever
>>
>>379742606
It was a good game, forgotten to time. Problem is every chance they had to take the series in a positive direction they completely butchered the opportunity.
>>
>>379742606
I have played this both as a child on PS and as an adult on PSP. But I could never really get into them, but I do think they are good and worth a try.
>>
>>379744072
Its sad really, I've heard Medievil 2 is good but the psp game really fucking sucks. I remember being really excited to play it when I first got my psp but dropped it after about 3 levels because it just wasn't the same. The little genie guy they added that lives in Sir Daniel's head was such a fucking retarded idea, totally killed the atmosphere for me
>>
>>379744896
Yeah I've been putting off playing it for years, I've always wanted to finish what I started when I was a kid haha. Mostly I just didn't want to set up a playstation emulator but I looked it up one day and it was actually easy as fuck. The game itself is pretty easy to get into if you have nothing else to play lol, I've run out of ps4 games to play so it's a nice substitute for me
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.