[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_104.jpg (19KB, 659x79px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_104.jpg
19KB, 659x79px
>>
>>379723627
I work in mobile gaming and I can't fucking stand it dude. I thought it was just a stereotype but almost every single mobile game dev rattles off constantly about how mobile rules the game industry and that hardcore gamers just don't understand the appeal of mobile and shit. They're always talking shit about how they own the market while 90% of them have failing games and only ever copy whoever's currently winning.

It's seriously one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen, you can find pond scum with more dignity than a mobile game developer.
>>
>>379723627
Mobile games can have depth and be interesting. As cancerous as Clash of Clans is, there are legitimate strategies and depth to the clan wars.

Mobile games that do that are the exception not the rule
>>
>>379723627
i doubt that
>>
reminder that if you play smartphone games for at least 2 hours a week, you're classified as a gamer.
>>
>>379723627
Is this a real statistic? Backed by what?
>>
>>379723627
>Sony's browser and mobile division made more than their proper games division the last two years, tied this year
They must be misrepresenting casuals (say, as 'people who play games for less than an hour a day' instead of 'plays exclusively mobile games' like I would) or something
>>
>>379726613
With the way DLC's and microtransactions work now most of the money comes from the whales
>>
>>379723627
Only if your definition of "casual" is "not a whale".
>>
File: Screenshot_109.jpg (95KB, 550x314px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_109.jpg
95KB, 550x314px
>>379726613
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-12-monetizing-games-crucial-advice-from-key-players
>>
>>379725928
>>379726610
>>379726709
It's odd specifically defining casual as "mobile", with how much the term is shared in the PC industry as well.
>>
>>379726898
>>379727004
I can imagine this, because in a game like YGO Duel links, people are paying money to run through booster packs and they have tons of fucking broken cards early because of it. Where as a casual who downloaded the game dropped it about 8 days in. I don't understand why the market is trying to target the latter when they're so damn fickle though.
>>
>>379723627
It is widely known that casuals don't spend money on games. Even free to play games make most of their money from whales, who hardly count as casual.
>>
File: motivation crop.jpg (144KB, 919x437px) Image search: [Google]
motivation crop.jpg
144KB, 919x437px
>>379727642
Because there's basically no definition. Game design studies are focusing on motivation.. extrinsic vs. intrinsic -- getting rewards vs. actually mastering the game.
>>
File: WoW - LoSP.webm (756KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
WoW - LoSP.webm
756KB, 960x540px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.