[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so bad about being a tryhard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1496783123311.png (369KB, 899x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1496783123311.png
369KB, 899x1268px
> Playing a MOBA or Fighting game and picking a meta character
Ok, even if I rather play other characters what is wrong with picking others ?
> Put a real effort into a match or trying to win, use allowed mechanics in the games that were created for it (Grabs, certain build in the case of MOBA's)
So, if I play a game with a competitive emphasis, am I not allowed to seek to maximise my winimg streak ? Isn't that a little stupid ? Do you want to loose ? Am I supposed not to use or abuse something that Im able to and was intended in said game ?
> FUN over MINDLESS META
You are supposed to enjoy a game if you're going to spend time trying to be good at it, if you don't that just makes you a bad at taking decisions. The more you play the more chances are you grow bored of the game. LEAVE IT. Now just because I don't grow bored and seek to win that means Im a tryhard. If I want to pick a champion that's in the Meta to win, that's okay, UNLESS you have absolutely no fun with it, simple enough.

Thank you very much, kindly reminder that FUN is a buzzword though, and id you don't agree is because you have the intellect of a 5 years old or you're a Major in Baiting and Shitposting
>>
Tryharding refers to attempting to play beyond your means and skill level and failing at it. Its trying to pull of pro moves over and over and eating shit because you are not good enough.

Its not trying you upmost best to win a game.
>>
>>379723450
Stop listening to scrubs. Shitters will make any escape for why they are losing.
>>
>>379723583
What the fuck, I look like an idiot now, thanks anyway. People do miss use the word though
>>
>>379723583
This
And also being a tryhard is okay in fighting game unless you don't go on and talk shit because you lost or try to justify your pick "i just picked gouki because hes cool and hard hes not my main arg come fight my oro now faggot" this is just pathetic
>>
>>379723784

Yeah its thrown out as a general insult far too often because people can't accept that they lost. Like it has to be because some other reason that the player that beat them was just better.
>>
>>379723450
>What's so bad about being a tryhard?
Absolutely nothing.

It's nothing but salty losers trying to shame you and justify themselves somehow.
>>
>>379723583
This makes way more sense but I have never in my life seen anyone use it in that context
>>
Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is picking an actual broken character ala Akuma ST
>>
>>379723450
theres nothing wrong about it, but you're not playing, you're working
>>
>>379723583
wtf I've never seen anyone use tryhard this way. Is it like the word "literally" where everyone miss uses it a majority of the time?
>>
>>379724434
But I AM having fun, whenever I don't enjoy a game I leave it; I can't speak for the rest who try the upmost but when I try hard I try hard because I enjoy the game and then I enjoy wining. I am not working, thus working and having fun can get to be done together
>>
Being this guilty and mad lmao
>>
>>379724813
> Detected the Major at Baiting and Shitposting
>>
File: Fuck This!.jpg (100KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck This!.jpg
100KB, 450x300px
>>379723450
The handful of tryhards out there create a false standard for players to live up to. At this point, it's not even tryhards anymore, it's MLB tier cheaters abusing Adderall.
>>
Mikako's ending was pure shit.
>>
>>379723450
Because autist think if your not effortlessly great at something its not worth putting any effort into.
>>
>>379725143
That's because normals also see the level and want to become better at the game, don't you think ? The taller the building the higher you want your office. Now in my case I enjoy working in such building but if I don't Im just not going to do such thing, do something you enjoy like picking flower in old neighboor's backyard or take care of turtle eggs in the beach, not even saying it in a bad way, I would enjoy doing those too
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 208x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 208x186px
Try hard as an insult protects the user because it implies the opponent had to try to beat them. Usually people who simply bad at a game but also can't handle losing, use this word.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.