[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats up with the revisionist history on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: bioshokc.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bioshokc.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
2010 - first gameplay is shown, and literally everyone hated it. Why? because it was a rail shooter. Your character walked and ran on its own, you were on a track with story elements happening in front of you.

2017 - consensus, the reason Bioshock Infinite was bad was because they changed what it was originally going to be. They took the easy way out because they were greedy and didn't care about player opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJYTeQlvC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJV5ReOSjF0
>>
I thought it was pretty okay
>>
From what I understand, the original game was actually going to be incredibly non-linear. That's what appealed to me: being able to walk around in this sky city exploring. It's a shame the aesthetic went to hell after the development change.
>>
No, everyone thought the 2011 gameplay looked cool.
>>
>>379722576
it was literally a rail shooter
>>
>>379722854
It was never a rail shooter though. Are you sure you know what that term means?
>>
>>379721859
>2010 - first gameplay is shown, and literally everyone hated it
I never checked people talking about it back them, so im not sure. At least it seemed more well presented than BI ended up being.

>2017 - consensus, the reason Bioshock Infinite was bad was because they changed what it was originally going to be
No. The consensus is that is was bad because it was a bad game with terrible design decisions. Not because "they changed it".
>>
>>379722854
there were rails and it was a shooter.
you're either literally retarded or just shitposting
delete this thread now
>>
>>379721859
This game is all about revisionist history.

When the game came out in 2013, everyone praised it (except /v/, of course). Go on forums, read reviews, everyone was talking about how great of a game it was.

Then, six months later, some dude on GameSpot writes a second opinion, giving the game a 4/10, and suddenly, EVERYONE says they thought the game was shit.

It's just sad. You think the game is shit? That's fine; there are plenty of complaints that can be made. But don't change your opinion based on one negative review.
>>
File: wJ5fcq8.png (31KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
wJ5fcq8.png
31KB, 812x732px
>>379721859
>It's been 7 fucking years since Bioshock Infinite was announced
Holy shit, I'm old.

>>379723005
>>379723041
>>
>>379723005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DSfjAdhlU

scripted events pushing you to a single locked down area. There was zero exploration potential
>>
>>379723005
>>379723378
at the end of the trailer, you automatically take cover until the enemy is defeated. You can't move from that location and go elsewhere.
>>
Pretty kino desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhPvrYY0kY
>>
>>379721859
>game was bad because they changed what it was originally going to be

No, it was bad because the gameplay was mediocre, the faux-plasmids were on a whole useless and unsatisfying, the forced limit of 2 weapons made it far less enjoyable, and the story was pants-on-head retarded due to being handled by a guy who flat out admitted in interviews that he didn't understand the subject matter so just wrote what sounded cool. Also, 'wait a minute that card...' basically announcing what kind of audience this was intended for 5 minutes into the game.
>>
>>379723798
Even though you are right, you are only the few people that think so. Fucking people wanted more scripted combat from those early trailers
>>
File: 1401225990158.jpg (492KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1401225990158.jpg
492KB, 1280x853px
>>379721859
You're missing the 2011 version, but whatever this game fell apart because Len Kevine got in over his head.
>>
>>379723956
I think most people just wanted it to pick a side. It could have been an OK "on rails" shooter with flashy scripted events and such, OR an OK open-ish world exploration and arena shooter. But no it decided to be shit at everything.>>379723956
>>
>>379723228
do you have a link to that 4/10 review?
>>
>>379721859
it was shit on release
>>
>>379721859
I liked it. It's in the same boat as TLOU and similarly hyped games though, where the lowlifes of /v/ jus hate it because it's popular.
>>
The original was better. Pretty sad seeing how it's a system shock clone.
>>
It's kind of long, but this reviewer describes almost everything that's wrong with Bioshock Infinite pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4
>>
File: 18f.png (47KB, 450x490px) Image search: [Google]
18f.png
47KB, 450x490px
>>379721859
> whats up with the revisionist history on this game?
>2010 - first gameplay is shown, and literally everyone hated it. Why? because it was a rail shooter. Your character walked and ran on its own, you were on a track with story elements happening in front of you.
This is some next level shitposting.
>>
It was a good game
>>
>>379721859
The only people who think this first video is vastly different than what we got are people who haven't played the game or dislike it for their own petty reasons.
>>
>>379721859
Infinite is like the social justice version of the first one.
>>
>>379727014
Hello, Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>379723041
>there were rails and it was a shooter.
>rail shooter
>you're either literally retarded
>retarded

>rail shooter
Time Crisis, house of the dead
>FPS game
Bioshock infinite

you are a massive faggot getting me to type this to explain to a retard simple things
>>
>>379723228
My opnion was the game always was shit, i didnt need a review to convince me.
But there are way too many retards who need a reviewer to validate their opinions (like the entire ds2 debate)
>>
OP is a faggot. Response to the early teasers was positive across the board. When the game finally landed in people's hands, normies praised it and /v/irgins loathed it.
>>
>>379723793
Now I remember the thing I hated the most about Infinite, never getting to fight Songbird.
>>
>>379727014
yes and jackasses like the guy in this video >>379726832 think it didn't go far enough to jam the contemporary "ebil racism is ebil! go kill whitey you brave social justice warrior you!" propaganda right in your face.

I wonder why the writer(s) would want to shove this stuff in our face?
>BioShock Infinite was developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games, with Ken (((Levine))) working on the game as the creative director and lead writer.

>(((Levine))) was born in Flushing, New York to a Jewish family.

o-oh
>>
>>379724612
Why is he so up his own ass? The stories of Rapture and Columbia are the same basic shit:

Rapture
>I'm going to create my own city with only the best and brightest
>I need poorfags to clean up shit and flip burgers
>wtf the poorfags rioted

Columbia
>I'm going to create my own city with only white Americans
>I need blacks and Irish to clean up shit and flip burgers
>wtf the blacks and Irish rioted
>>
>>379728360
rapture
>sodom above

columbia
>sodom below
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.