[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else still not sold on the Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

File: Green_Paratroopa!.png (496KB, 826x942px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Paratroopa!.png
496KB, 826x942px
Ive owned every nintendo console to date and all of the handhelds except the OG Gameboy.

Ive played zelda on my cousins switch and it seems like a capable system.

However i dont really game on the go and i buy all my indies on PC due to cheaper prices. I also have a PS4 that i barely play. Ive got a huge backlog of wii u games to play (Im currently playing BOTW) so I still have my Nintendo fix.

Add in the price of the accessories and Im still not there yet. Maybe I will change my mind when Mario releases.

Am I just talking crazy?
>>
The answer to "Anyone else ____?" is always yes.
>>
There's probably a lot of people not sold on the switch yet and it's understandable as the system is early in it's lifecycle which leads to a small library and lack of features that you can expect later on like VC and apps(which is a very nintendo thing to delay :/ )

Also just as you said, everyone don't like the concept as much as others. For me a powerful portable that I can easily dock for at-home gaming is a very attractive concept that I'm willing to buy in early for. But handhelds aren't for everyone, it's a market that has shrunken a lot in the last decade.
>>
I own a Switch and I'm not sold on it because of the weak software library and lack of interesting games announced so far. IMO there's Zelda and nothing else.
>>
File: 1496873234505.jpg (136KB, 765x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1496873234505.jpg
136KB, 765x1280px
>>379721221
>The answer to "Anyone else ____?" is always yes.
Seriously. This is like Betteridge's Law of Headlines or something
>>
File: tumblr_static_archer-628.jpg (204KB, 628x434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_archer-628.jpg
204KB, 628x434px
>>379721019
Considering how much it's sold and how much Zelda and Mario Kart sold, yes, it's just you.
>>
>>379721019
I haven't been sold on any console since the Wii.. I only played Pokemon Revolution (I thought it was going to be like XD) and SSB
>>
'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't sold on the Switch yet. Its library is still quite light.

Personally, I love it and am dying to play Odyssey. I'm also very excited for ARMS and Splatoon 2.
>>
I mean, probably? There are plenty of reasons not to want a Switch right now. I own one but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone.
>>
If only there was some kind of major event that announces games soon..
>>
File: 6580978904864.jpg (223KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6580978904864.jpg
223KB, 800x800px
I have a PS4.

Now why the fuck would I want a switch? I don't fall for the shills and nostalgiabait like /v/ does.
>>
>>379721019
>Ive owned every nintendo console to date
There's your answer.
Both of the worthwhile games on the Switch are also on Wii U, so it makes sense
>>
File: Goyahooim.png (78KB, 402x549px) Image search: [Google]
Goyahooim.png
78KB, 402x549px
I'll never get one or any future nintendo console unless they remove payed online.
>>
I have one and I'm not sold on it yet, this opinion would be different if I hadn't also had a wii u. I think if you didn't have a wii u the switch has a lot to offer.
>>
I'm waiting on their show Tuesday to see what they have to show. If it's on par with the last two shows, I'm not buying one.
>>
Not a super big fan of Nintendo's franchises so yeah I'm not really that sold/interested in a Switch.
>>
>>379721019
I mean, I'm sold in that I will be getting one. But I have a Wii U, so there's no reason to until Odyssey for me.
>>
>>379721019
No you are the only one.
>>
I was skeptical as well, but I bought one shortly after release. Mainly because the store only had one left :) I love it, it has become my most played system. I also usually don't play on the go, but it is perfect for playing while lying on the couch
>>
>don't give a fuck about Wii U ports because I have a Wii U
>don't give a fuck about games that emphasize online multiplayer because I'm not retarded enough to pay for Nintendo online
>don't give a fuck about multiplats when considering consoles

The Switch currently has zero games worth giving a fuck about, and might have two by the end of the year.
>>
I'm buying one once odyssey drops
>>
>>379722669
>I have one and I'm not sold on it yet
But you were literally sold one.
>>
Waiting for Mario before I get one... So I'll at least have two games to play. A new Metroid would be nice as well.
>>
File: 1497087150353.jpg (35KB, 670x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497087150353.jpg
35KB, 670x370px
I'm sold on it, mostly due to how great Zelda turned out. But not to the point where I'd be able to justify the price. Definitely picking it up at some point down the line, and that's saying much, seeing as how it'd be my first Nintendo console of any sort since the N64.
>>
If someone cares for more than just Nintendo games, let alone aren't sold on Nintendo games just because of the Nintendo brand, then how is this even a question? That's before even bringing in the hardware and accessory negatives into the discussion.
>>
>>379721019
>Anyone else still not sold on the Switch?
No. Of all the 7.5 billion people on this planet you are THE ONLY ONE who isn't completely smitten by the Switch.
>>
>>379721019
Do you think this warranted a thread?
>>
I'm never sold on any Nintendo hardware with all the incredibly stupid decisions Nintendo always makes around its products. It comes down to games, if they have enough exclusives I want to play I'll eventually buy one even though I dislike Nintendo hardware intensely.
>>
File: 1497113054584.jpg (232KB, 900x927px) Image search: [Google]
1497113054584.jpg
232KB, 900x927px
For now yes but after Splatoon 2 and Arms are out nah will be my most played console ever probs.

Ps i own one.

Edit: playing more on my Wii U now lol (Splatoon)
Last edited by 13ruce; Today at 05:12 PM
>>
>>379721019
Im on the same boat but I play ps4 a lot and still want to buy some games for it. Switch will be mine but I only ask for No More Heroes
>>
>>379721019
If I had a wii u, it may have been less interesting. But for me it's the first really good nintendo system in years so a lot of what sold me on it was just personal excitement and the potential I imagined in the system. It's still early in the life.
>>
I have a switch, and all its best games are in my Wii-U collection, so yeah. Not sold yet.

I must say though, I play Switch BOTW much more than I ever did Wii-U BOTW simply because I can be portable with the Switch one.

But I have Fast Racing, MK8, BOTW, and basically every top Wii-U title, and I'm slightly concerned that a big of what the switch will get in terms of premium titles will be Wii-U remakes, which they'll try to sell to me at full price.

Looking forward to Arms though. And any new pikmin game.
>>
>I have one and I'm not sold on it yet, this opinion would be different if I hadn't also had a wii u. I think if you didn't have a wii u the switch has a lot to offer.
I'm there too. Picked it up with Zelda and Mario Kart since I had no Wii U, and it's not too great at the moment.

Splatoon 2, Mario and Monster Hunter are what it needs for me right now.
>>
Stop posting your retarded dumbgaf threads here, fucking failure.
>>
I own a Switch and I'm still not sold on not just selling it later this year. Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are great, but there's not much else there for me. I want to play Super Mario Odyssey, but I have very little interest in Splatoon 2 or ARMS (especially after the Testpunch).
>>
Not buying one until Xenoblade 3.
>>
File: 1485122650974.jpg (59KB, 720x785px) Image search: [Google]
1485122650974.jpg
59KB, 720x785px
>>379721019
You are the only person not sold on the Switch, I'm so sorry.
Drackhorn
>>
Too soon for my liking to buy one and I'm not sure I ever will.
>>
I have one and I'm honestly thinking of selling it. I'm struggling to rationalize why I even own one at this point it time. It's just collecting dust.
>>
>>379726268
>I own a Switch and I'm not sold on it because of the weak software library and lack of interesting games announced so far. IMO there's Zelda and nothing else.
I really enjoy it but this is me as well. MK8 is same old same old. After Zelda, it's basically a Puyo Puyo machine.

SF2 was insanely expensive but it's nice to be competitive at a fighting game for once.

Basically, bought it for Mario Odyssey and the inevitable Mario 2D.

Thanks for the crazy good trade in deals in Canada.
>>
I'm not sold on it yet. First, Nintendo needs to cut off 3DS support. It's been a great 6 years, but time to move on and put everything this company has into the switch. Second, prices need to come down a bit. And finally third and most importantly, They need to build up that switch library. Mario, Zelda, and Xenoblade is a good start, but I don't want to see ports of old games unless it's 3DS games. Gonna try and hold off for at least another year. hopefully a smaller and cheaper revision comes out.
>>
>>379721019
I wont be sold on it until I see some decent virtual console support.
>>
File: 1497040360054.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497040360054.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
<grumble>
I'm the PC / PS4 Pro gamer who loves Nintendo but is pissed at their refusal to embrace current graphic technology. I haven't jumped in yet. When Mario hits, I know I won't have a choice. I just can't stand their "two generations back" business model.

"They'll buy our shit on OUR terms. FUCK what THEY want." Infuriating. Glad you guys get to game on the go though.

</grumble>
>>
>>379721019
If you have a Wii U backlog, play that first. By the time you're done, there will be a much more fleshed out Switch library to dive into anyway.

I personally only pick up every other generation at most for this reason. Between backlog and Steam, I'm usually busy enough where I don't feel that I missed a ton.
>>
>>379727578
>Not dropping shitendo after the stupid wii gimmicks
Stupid frogposter
>>
>>379721019
I'll buy it when they come out with 3-4 more games relevant to me and as well-reviewed as BOTW. I feel bad for not playing BOTW but not $450 bad lol.
>>
I need Metroid Prime and atleast one more must own game (in addition to BotW) before I make the purchase. I am close though. Not a Mario fan though.
>>
Not sold on it, they haven't made anything rivals certain past console launches and right now it's Wii U ports out the ass.
>>
File: LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>379721019
Everyone in the world own a Switch except you, so no
>>
>>379727578
Thats the japs for you
>>
>>379721019

I'm just waiting, No More Heroes 3, what ever it ends up being, will probably sell me

I don't know if I'm just not in a Nintendo mood or just not in a Switch mood, I think everything looks cool, but, I got BotW on Wii U and didn't play more than 2 hours...just couldn't get into it despite thinking it was really good

Been catching up on older games lately and just enjoying myself and my time more

Switch would be convenient but I do agree in that the controllers/upgrades are grossly insane in price

I just put a backlight LCD screen in my original gameboy advance and I've been playing Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance and Demons Souls for the first time on PS3

Keeping up with new games is too hard
>>
Switch doesn't have a good enough library, has a long list of noted quality control issues, and is extremely subpar from a technical capability standpoint. $299 + the cost of a controller that's not total garbage is just too steep an ask for what you get right now. Imo, obviously.
>>
you are never the only one

also: i think the switch is great. between that and the pc, im golden
>>
>>379721019
Honestly, Im just waiting for a price drop, bundle, special edition etc.. Im not one to buy any console at or near launch
>>
>>379727130

Yeah, SF2 should have been like, 20 dollars. Still got it though; it's nice having portable SF2. Plus, I'm actually dominanting online for once.
>>
>>379721221
Anyone else like sucking big black cocks?
>>
>>379729756
No, just you.
>>
>>379721019
I'm convinced buying the system to play one game is retarded, but I'm still going to buy it. I just need to find the damn thing.
>>
>>379721019
I agree. I think it's just going to be Wii 2.0

People are buying it almost solely on the gimmick and a handful of Nintendo games. It's too expensive and I don't think there will ever be any major 3rd party support. Plus, the accessories, online features, and virtual console stuff is all overpriced and doesn't seem planned well. The console will probably only have like six great games by the time it dies
>>
>>379721019

As someone who skipped the Wii U I feel your pain from a few years ago.

However now that I've seen the switches lineup, you are probably gonna want one in a year or so.
>>
>>379721019
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388895
>>
>>379732813
>>379721019
Explain yourself OP
>>
>>379729756
Plenty of white men are into that.
>>
Not sold on it. Next year will be one if smash is one. Really want a mainline Pokemon game on there but

My new 3ds xl and ps4 is more than enough for me right
>>
File: 1490080741297.png (294KB, 973x994px) Image search: [Google]
1490080741297.png
294KB, 973x994px
>>379736749
Bad news at home
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.