[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 16

File: maxresdefault-2-1.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2-1.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
Is Monster Hunter XX a bad Monster Hunter game?

If yes, then should we be worried for the future of traditional Monster Hunter games and the emergence of the westernized Monster Hunter for PS4?
>>
>>379720493
Japanese community hates it, its the worst selling 3DS MH in Japan and the top tier players there think if they continue with the changes theyve made it will ruin the series foreve. T

heyre the only people capcom listens to when it comes to this series. Dont worry too much.
>>
The situation doesn't look so good guys, I think Monster Hunter is dying. They'll either keep changing and casualizing the traditional potable games or focus totally on western designs shit like open world, streamlined gameplay, no challenge etc.
>>
>>379720813
>Japanese community hates it, its the worst selling 3DS MH in Japan and the top tier players there think if they continue with the changes theyve made it will ruin the series foreve.
Where did you get that information exactly? I'm pretty sure that Monster Hunter X + Monster Hunter XX's sales are extremely high.
>>
>>379720813
You read that shit on 2ch right?
>>
>>379720991
Fell way short of first month expectations. X sales were high, but it's a fool me once kind of situation.
>>
>>379721157
more like "fool me into buying the non-HD version of a game once," anyone with half a brain knew there would be a switch port anyways

I guarantee XX will sell better on the swich than on the 3DS
>>
>>379721157
What are the japanese fans saying about Monster Hunter World? What are the general reactions to the idea of an open world, westernized Monster Hunter?
>>
>>379721854
Considering that we are the western public and we already hate it, just imagine their reaction.
>>
>>379721485
That's pretty hard anon, XX already sold everything it could on 3DS, the Switch port won't do much (it would be a different situation if they were released on the same day).

I'm guessing it will do around 700k and if the thirst for games on the Switch is too high, It might craw its way to 1 million eventually. But I really doubt it will make past 1,5 million.
>>
>>379722006
Well, Neogaf seems to love it, the general consumer might be also interested in it like they were for Witcher 3 (a game that also changed to open world, casualized, etc)
>>
>>379722168
who cares about neofag? They are irrelevant.
>>
>>379722235
Well, it's the biggest forum about videogames on the internet...

My point is just that not everyone is hating on MHW and its changes to the formula.
>>
>>379722486
>biggest forum about videogames on the internet
I thought that's /V/?
>>
>>379722486
>Well, it's the biggest forum about videogames on the internet...

That's not tho.
>>
>>379722659
/v/ is not a forum, but even if we consider it one, I don't think it's bigger than Neogaf, it's pretty close though.

But if we consider 4chan in general, than it's indeed a bigger site than Neogaf I think.
>>
>>379722976
Fell for what? What are you even talking about?
>>
>>379723343
sony ponies are a bit slow
best to just let them be
>>
Ask the general where the real fans are. Its clear nobody in this thread knows what they fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>379720493
Generations was the first time I dropped a MH game. Don't know how much XX fixes that.
>>
>>379724662
Why though?
>>
File: aOrVtKc.png (56KB, 374x310px) Image search: [Google]
aOrVtKc.png
56KB, 374x310px
>>379720813
>top tier players
Oh no the autists always obsessed with keeping the formula the same want the formula to stay the same

who could've expected this turn of events
>>
What's so different about it?

I skipped generations for the inevitable "definitive version" but from what I saw it adds some new moves that you can just not use if you play in "guild style"
>>
>>379720493
>Is Monster Hunter XX a bad Monster Hunter game?
Worst reception in Japan by far.
>the emergence of the westernized Monster Hunter for PS4?
LMAO, what?
MH has already been dying since Tri when they decided to casualize shit or no good reason and it got worse with each game ever since.
I know Nintenkids desperately want to use MH as ammo against Sonyfags, but MH's downward spiral started with Tri a long time ago, neither Sony nor Nintendo have anything to do with this and never will.
>>
>>379725519
But how can I, a monster hunter veteran PRO go on with my life knowing that someone out there is using a DISGUSTING adept style and getting hunt clear times 20 seconds faster than mine?

No sir I will not have any of that, I will moan, and I will whine until we are back to the "good ol FU days"
>>
>>379725521
>LMAO, what?
Haven't you read about Monster Hunter World and the rumors surrounding a PS4 Monster Hunter exclusive game yet?

>MH has already been dying since Tri when they decided to casualize shit or no good reason and it got worse with each game ever since.
Like what? MH4U is widely regarded as the best in the series by veterans, newcomers and even casuals alike.

>I know Nintenkids desperately want to use MH as ammo against Sonyfags, but MH's downward spiral started with Tri a long time ago, neither Sony nor Nintendo have anything to do with this and never will.
DURRR BOTH SIDES ARE BAAD GUYSSS, I'M BETTER THAN YOU ALL HURR
>>
>>379725521
lol

FU is dogshit compared to games like 3U and 4U dude, stop being that guy
>>
>>379726372
PS2/PSP Monster Hunter games --> Dark Souls level difficulty with complex strategies, great combination of items, map interaction and topography and monster movesets/damage

3DS/Wii/Wii U Monster Hunter games --> casualized shit, button smash, no strategy required, dumbed down maps and weapons
>>
>>379726785
I admire your desire to shitpost further beyond in a thread dedicated to shitposting anyway
>>
>>379726305
>Haven't you read about Monster Hunter World and the rumors surrounding a PS4 Monster Hunter exclusive game yet?
Yeah, and?
>MH4U is widely regarded as the best in the series by veterans, newcomers and even casuals alike.
That's literally one title.
>DURRR BOTH SIDES ARE BAAD GUYSSS
Yeah, that's literally the case, I know it's hard for nu-/v/ to take a step back and realize both sides are retarded when you're so busy sucking corporate cock and Sony/Nintendo are the cause of all that's bad in the world.
>>
>>379725209
X is pretty boring, with a boring start, then while the new style twists and stuff are interesting, they also end up making the game pretty boring with how easy everything gets.
>>
File: spoonfeed me.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeed me.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
>>379720493
>>379720813
So, I haven't played any MH since 3u.
Can anyone tell me what make these new ones so bad/polarizing?
>>
>>379722168
NeoGaf hates Japanese games, of course they would love it.
>>
>>379720813
Why do they hate it? Does it still not have G rank or something?
>>
>>379727381
Optional hunter styles and hunter arts, people are very concerned with how other people play this game
>>
>>379727381
4U is Monster hunter perfection. apex monsters are a bit iffy, but it's perfect regardless.

Generations added a whole bunch of clusterfuckness to the gameplay by adding flashy anime special moves and 3 different playstylesthat make certain weapons unbearably overpowered. Adept is basically a free Evasion +3.
>>
>>379727381
They're easy, therefore boring. Remember when Monster Hunter used to be as hard as Dark Souls? Well, Monster Hunter 4/4U and Monster Hunter X/XX makes them looks more like Zelda.
>>
>>379727798
What's the general opinion regarding underwater combat? Was it as bad received as Hunters Arts?

I liked it and would like to see a return of it in MH5 but with better mechanics/controls.
>>
>>379728083
Honestly, I'd rather have underwater combat again than Arts.
>>
>>379727381
They keep adding more shit that breaks the balance of the game instead of trying to fix the balance
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186KB, 1088x687px) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186KB, 1088x687px
>>379727798
>>
>>379728268
Why is the "balance" a very big concern to you?

Are you a weapon exclusive speedrunner? Or are you so weak willed you refuse to play anything but top tier stuff. You know this game is inherently co-operative right?
>>
>>379728427
There's not even PvP in the game, how the fuck is the "balance" even such a huge problem that it breaks to game for some?
>>
>>379720493
>Is Monster Hunter XX a bad Monster Hunter game?
No. It's a good and enjoyable MH game.
>>
>>379728668
I don't know that's why I'm asking

I understand the feeling of not being super happy if the weapon you """main""" gets gutted, but nothing in MHXX is so shit that it won't get you through all of village and guild, so anyone who gives up on their favorite weapon due to motion value adjustments is usually a tier slut.
>>
>>379720493
It's the worst one but still average
The village quests almost made me go insane
>>
>>379729329
>It's the worst one but still average
Worst than MH and MH2?
>The village quests almost made me go insane
Why?
>>
>>379729575
I assume the guy was going for 100% because the reward is a crit+2 headpiece

which does imply doing every gathering quest in village which were previously considered optional
>>
>>379729575
I meant the first modern game quit being a smartass, everyone knows MH and MH2 are extremely outdated

And because of all the gathering quests and the small amount of new monsters to keep me interested
>>
>>379720874

Do you really want more of the same? I'd prefer it to be open world to be honest. I can only phase between zones so many times.
>>
>>379727798
>certain weapons unbearably overpowered
MHGen has better weapon balance than MH4weapons.
>>
>>379729952
Maybe it's because I've been playing on the N3DS, but I don't recollect ever being agitated by zone changes in monster hunter
>>
MHXX's biggest issue is that it's based on Gen, and thus still has all the awful low and high rank content Gen has.
Its G rank is perfectly fine, and it has a few excellent additions. It also has the hardest end game yet.
>>
Guys, should I play Monster Hunter 4U or wait for Monster Hunter XX on the Switch? I heard XX is a return to a lot of villages and monsters of the series, does it have all monsters in 4U? Would I be losing too much for skipping it?
>>
>>379720493
All Monster Hunter games are bad Monster Hunter games, because Monster Hunter is a bad game.
>>
File: Bazomga.jpg (20KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Bazomga.jpg
20KB, 480x270px
>>379720813
>Thinks Capcom won't ruin a series by alienating their fans to attract potential normie buyers

Anon...
>>
>>379730236
>It also has the hardest end game yet.
valfalk is a breeze man
>>
>>379730242
Just play both, they're completely different games.
It has just about every regular monster from 4U, but no subspecies.
Some of the weapon movesets are different between the two games, and 4U has Frenzy/Apex which XX doesn't.
>>
>>379730498
Valfalk isn't endgame.
>>
>>379730242
Pretty sure MHXX has 4U beat on content, although you might miss a couple exclusive monsters in favor of other ones

I would still play 4U if localized version of XX doesn't get announced this E3, because that means it might be a little while before it does
>>
>>379730685
what game have you been playing then?
>>
>>379720813
>Japanese community hates it

They buy it more than anyone else. Still.
>>
>>379730806
Hey random anonymous shitposter, is the endgame of 4U shah dalamadur?
>>
Things MHXX did well
>reducing armor values from MHGen and adding new moves to every monster, increasing difficulty on top of G rank
>some good balance changes for weapons
>Brave style is great fun and actually changes weapon movesets far more than other styles
>armor transmog feature
>much better variety in endgame level equipment
>new deviants are good
>new deviant quests don't rely as much on awful gimmicks as Gen's
>rebalancing some hunter arts to make lesser used ones much better
>Valfalk is fucking great
>one of the best final bosses in the series

Things MHXX did poorly
>Brave HBG is fucking stupid
>a few very questionable balance changes (nerfing GL AGAIN)
>didn't gut out the gathering quests from the Gen content, although MHXX's added content features far less gathering quests
>deviant armor sets are too weak, and only really useful for fashion
>ultimate deviants don't have a good enough reward beyond allowing you to use deviant gear in transmog and recolor it
>Gen deviant quests didn't get changed, are still fucking awful
>Brave style is difficult to master, but easy to cheese monsters with because brave guarding hits can never reduce you below 1 HP
>Alchemy style is fucking awful
>>
>>379731074
i didn't play 4u, are you on drugs man?
>>
File: asd.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>379727345
You worded it pretty well and I agree completely with you, thank you. I was away so I couldn't reply in time.

>>379725209
What the other anon said and also the fact that I feel like they failed to motivate me to keep playing. The carrot on the stick that always made me want to keep playing in previous games was either gone or it didn't work this time.
>>
>>379732174
Sorry I don't think that's relevant to my question
>>
What people seem to forget is that X/XX was always meant to be a side project and celebration of Monster Hunter. I have doubts that Monster Hunter Cinco, or whatever they want to call it will have hunting styles and arts and be more the same traditional hunting we're use to. I do however feel Capcom needs to pull another Tri and bring in a new cast of monsters across the board. Some species of monster like Fanged Wyvern only have one or two monsters to their name and Capcom seems content sitting on that because apparently Zinogre is all they need. We got a new arachnid and amphibian species as well so I'd like them to see their numbers increase as well. How about some more unique leviathan like Gobul and Nibelsnarf that aren't copy pastes of the typical species skeleton? Also bring Gigginox and Qurupeco back, it's been too long.
>>
>>379727345
Styles aren't what makes the game too easy, armor defense values being far too high is. Monsters just don't do enough damage. Using the "flashy" styles is usually inferior to to using Guild/Striker. Adept DB is the only one I'd actually consider overpowered in Gen and they nerfed that into the ground for XX.
>>
>>379722486
I remember Neogaf members felt they deserved passes to E3 for belonging to their forum.
>>
>>379733184
All new monsters and only MH1 weapons would be great.
>>
>>379732714
Guys, can someone talk some sense into this guy? VALFALK IS THE FUCKING ENDGAME, I PLAYED IT'S NOT EVEN A MONTH THAT I LAST PLAYED THIS GAME AND VALFALK IS THE FUCKING ENDGAME, IT'S VERY SIMPLE MAN...
>>
lies fake news xx and x sold HUGE morons. it aint coming to ps4
>>
>>379733327
And they got them IIRC
>>
>>379727381
Styles are pretty much useless or game breaking strong.
The game breaking strong ones are boring to use once you learn to use your weapon and the only danger in the game are monsters with inflated HP and the "hyper" gimmick which makes certain attacks het buffed to the point of getting easily one shotted by mid tier monsters if you get hit.

Not on multiplayer, though.
Multiplayer is just about bullying a fallen monster until it dies because staggerlocking even the most shitbag monsters is easy with just 3 players.
>>
>>379733659
Being the last monster you unlock != endgame

here I'll even go help you out, where do you go after you got your new pretty set of valfalk gear? Do you stop playing?
>>
>>379734098
The only style I'd consider "game breaking" in MHXX is Brave HBG.
>>
>>379734293
then you're talking about the POST ENDGAME, not the endgame.

and i just stopped playing post valfalk, post endgame in mh is just shit
>>
File: 2.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>379734859
>>
>>379735302
what's wrong with me i don't know, but what is right with me is that i at least know what "endgame" means

peace, out
>>
>>379735737
It's true if you arbitrarily move the "endgame" to where your retard ass stopped playing then that's where the endgame is

personally endgame was village for me, all that stuff I didn't feel like playing? post endgame
>>
>>379736282
yeah, you know what, just go fuck yourself motherfucker
>>
File: 1497007916864.jpg (283KB, 939x498px) Image search: [Google]
1497007916864.jpg
283KB, 939x498px
>>379720813
Reminder nips love powercreep
>>
>>379738939
woah you can't call people that on the internet

can we get a mod to ban this guy?
>>
The amount of alternative facts that XXbabbies spew is staggering! Sad!
>>
>>379727838
Dark Souls isn't hard though
>>
>>379727381
I just don't like the way skills on armor were distributed in Gen mainly, sounds like XX keeps that same problem. It's incredibly jewish when it comes to skills on armor compared to the same ranks in previous games, and most of the good shit is all loaded on to the Rath or Narga sets.
>>
>>379720493
Is it just me or does it take longer to kill monsters in gen than 4u?
>>
>>379746220
Hyper Monsters have massively inflated HP pools
Otherwise it felt faster to me
>>
>>379731961
How did they manage to make GL even worse?
>>
>>379747368
>Add a heat meter that fills up as you shell and gives you a damage boost
>But overall damage was nerfed so hard that the full 20% bonus of the meter is only like 5% stronger than 4U's Gunlance
>And if you overheat you get locked out of the bonus for a few minutes
>And shelling still does shit damage, especially with Hyper monsters and their stupidly huge HP pools
So they made it way more complicated to play for no reward.
Just make Shelling scale with the weapon's raw/element for fuck's sake.
>>
>>379720493
I think people just want actual Switch games and not after-thought ports that fake interest in the platform
>>
File: 1462750319316.jpg (268KB, 1000x896px) Image search: [Google]
1462750319316.jpg
268KB, 1000x896px
>>379739808
They enjoy Monster powercreep, not the mainline Hunter powercreep.
And I do too.
>>
>>379720813
>Japanese community hates it

How? they sell like hotcakes in Japan.
>>
>>379753582
There's an imageboard on Japan called 2ch, which was created based on 4chan and have the same shitposting daily as /v/ has, basically they are the ones that hated it while the average consumer loves it.
>>
>>379727381
Basically there are some things in the game that are easy to abuse, and instead of NOT abusing these things like any smart person would do that wants any challenge or fun, these autistic players lose all self control, abuse the things, then call the game bad when they're shitters for abusing shit.
>>
>>379727838
>Monster Hunter
>ever hard
>same with Dark Souls
You're just bad. These games are easy as hell once you've learned the controls, which should only take someone a few hours tops.
>>
>>379755569
And that's, ladies and gentlemen, how you know when a person hasn't played against Smough & Orstein, Artorias, Manus and Kalameet.
>>
>>379720493
Is it a bad Monster Hunter game? No. But it has many features that I dislike. Features that I am convinced will ultimately be temporary.

I don't think you should be worried for the future of traditional Monster Hunter games. And any "westernized" Monster Hunter for PS4 will be a Telltale game.
>>
File: 1349822663284.jpg (52KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1349822663284.jpg
52KB, 500x436px
>>379754242
>There's an imageboard on Japan called 2ch, which was created based on 4chan
>>
File: taiga_doubt.jpg (138KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
taiga_doubt.jpg
138KB, 1280x1024px
>>379755976
?
>>
>>379720874
>focus totally on western designs shit like open world, streamlined gameplay, no challenge etc.

Why do people say misinforming bullshit like this?
This is Ryozo. This is Monhunteam. This is Monster Hunter. It has, for decades, focused entirely on Japan, because relative to that audience, it has had virtually no audience outside of Japan. This is not going to change just because suddenly a million people outside Japan bought 4U. This is not going to change just because they want to make the West like Monster Hunter more.

Wanting to expand their western audience does not mean they're going to change everything that the Japanese love about Monster Hunter just to appeal to us, and even if they do, they certainly wouldn't for very long before going back to traditional games.
>>
>>379721854
>Monster Hunter World
Are you sure that's not just the localized name for XX?
>>
>>379756460
It's the other way around dummy.
>>
>>379756514
They'll split the games in two main series, the first one will be the Monster Hunter: World series, which will be western focused and casualized, while the second one will be traditional Monster Hunter games for the Switch.

With Monster Hunter: World they plan to get the audience that buys Horizon, Dark Souls, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed etc. While Monster Hunter 5 will be made for veterans of the series and for the japanese Market.
>>
File: this water is too casual.jpg (188KB, 717x1210px) Image search: [Google]
this water is too casual.jpg
188KB, 717x1210px
>>379755819
Kalameet is the only hard one of those and even then it's only if you try to get his tail
>>
>>379733265
>armor defence values being far too high
Armour means absolutely nothing though. It never has, and never will. Even the +50 in 3U did absolutely nothing outside of the first hunt with Jaggis and Jaggias. Damage, however, makes all the difference. Styles alone would not be so bad, but Styles + Arts combined absolutely do make the game too easy. When you can dodge out of everything with next-to-zero effort and every other attack makes the monster flinch, and every monster can be sub-fived with every weapon with extreme ease, yeah, that's what's making the game easy. Not your armour values, which can't even go as high as they could in 4U, and the higher value armours only even appear after grinding the endgame for 30 hours.

Other combos that were stupid overpowered: Striker Lance charge spam + Guard Rage, Demon Riot + Energy Charge 3 + Aerial Switch Axe, Aerial Pellet Spam with HBG, and so on.
>>
>>379757212
This is pathetic, so Dark Souls is now an easy game? What are hard games in your opinion?

If you can easily beat Kalameet and Manus, it's not because the game is easy, but because you're just too adicted to it and already know all the mechanics very well, every game is easy when you spend a lot of time with it.
>>
File: FUCKING CASUALS.gif (9KB, 463x634px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING CASUALS.gif
9KB, 463x634px
>>379757670
Difficulty is subjective
Fucking casual
>>
>>379757058
Yeah, no, I highly doubt every single word you just said. Capcom's stupid, but they're not that stupid. Monster Hunter is made on the cheap. Doing what you said would not only be on the cheap, it would bankrupt them because nobody would fucking buy it.

Even if it were true, even if they did make such a game, it wouldn't progress past one, MAYBE two entries before being dropped, and it wouldn't even be made by Monhun Team so there's no point in even mentioning it.
>>
>>379757670
Dark Souls combat is ridiculously easy, yes. It's hard not to be when it's got more i-frames on its worst dodge than Monster Hunter has ever had on its best until 4U/Gen came along.
>>
>>379757825
Basically your argument is "It won't work because I don't like it".

Try to be more convincing next time.
>>
>>379758349
How the fuck do you pick that up?
It won't work because Japan won't like it. It won't work because the West doesn't fucking care about Monster Hunter.
>>
>>379757934
Wtf? What the hell is an i-frame man? And what the fuck is your point? Are you trying to say the worst Dark Souls is better than the best Monster Hunter or the other way around? Please be more clear on your answer and don't use technical terms.
>>
>>379758459
The West also didn't care about The Witcher, then they changed the gameplay, updated the graphics, made it more casualized and streamlined and created a huge and beautiful Open World. Why would that not work for Monster Hunter if they do the same changes? Heck, Horizon is a new IP and even that has sold almost 4 million worldwide.
>>
>/v/ whining about how bad MHX(X) is and how they want it to be like the old games
>wanting an exact rehash of a previous game with a different cover
>not just replaying the old games

Fucking retards.
>>
>>379730236
>It also has the hardest end game yet.
Nope, 4U end game is alot harder. Nothing will ever come close (only Frontier) to 140GQ
>>
>>379758654
An i-frame is a frame of animation during which you are (i)nvulnerable to damage. There's typically only a few in any given dodge animation, usually around the start of it. Basically it equates to "The amount of time that the player is avoiding damage during a dodge animation".

In Dark Souls, the number of i-frames you get during a dodge are modified by your weight. Fatrolls are shit at dodging attacks, and lightrolls are the opposite.

In Monster Hunter, the number of i-frames are determined by the skills on your gear and, until Monster Hunter 4U came around, the maximum number of i-frames anyone could ever achieve still resulted in a shorter amount of time than Fatrolls in Dark Souls.

Basically, it's easier to dodge attacks in Dark Souls than it is in Monster Hunter, and for anyone who has ever played Monster Hunter, dodging attacks is far simpler in Dark Souls. Less time is spent acclimating to the game's combat systems then would be expected the other way around.

Ever since MonHun's Third Gen came around, monsters have been far better choreographed, with fewer "instant" moves with a lack of tells, or tells too short to properly react to. Furthermore, given that you are typically only in combat with one, MAYBE two Monsters in Monster Hunter. These are not design decisions that are mirrored in Dark Souls; fuckhuge attacks with very short tells or none at all are more common than they are in Monster Hunter, plus the fact that you can be harassed by enemies you didn't even know were around adds another layer of difficulty.

Personally, I find that one-on-one combat in Dark Souls is typically considerably easier when we're talking a fair fight with tells and choreographs and openings that make sense, but the game has a higher "bullshit quotient"--that is to say more unpredictable events and more events that cannot be reacted to--than Monster Hunter does, in some ways being more similar to Monster Hunter's earlier entries in Gen 1-2.
>>
>>379758994
The West MADE The Witcher. It was, true, a less-known game prior to III, but it had an established fanbase already that was ready for growing.
>>
>>379760354
And how is that that Monster Hunter doesn't have an established audience in the West? Monster Hunter 4 sold more than any Witcher prior to 3.

And besides, Monster Hunter: World will have the attention of the casual, open world lover audience and games like Horizon, Assassins Creed, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout etc already proved that this audience is pretty huge.
>>
>>379760172
What's the point of your post exactly?
>>
>>379727381
Hunting styles give you a lot more ways to play but they're also not balanced very well so they kinda make the game really easy.

Also they removed swimming instead of fixing it so the map design lost a lot of depth
>>
>>379759958
>exact rehash of a previous game with a different cover
Confirmed for not actually playing the old games. Monster Hunter has evolved a little more with every single entry, with the most evolution occurring any time there is a new generation.

For example, Third Gen:
>Exhaustion states added to monsters to balance out rage on the opposite end of the spectrum
>To compensate, elemental monster attacks can now inflict various new elemental status effects of varying strengths
>To compensate, monsters now have increasing resistance to status effects applied to them with each concurrent application, making them less effective
>New hunting environments and mechanics in Underwater Combat
>New types of monsters in Leviathans and Brute Wyverns, adding greater diversity to monster casts and movesets
>New weapon
>Charms (for greater skill customization)

Fourth Gen:
>Two new weapon types
>Frenzy states added to monsters, mechanically acting as an "over-rage", with new items and skills to provide benefits when fighting against a frenzied monster (probably 4th-gen only, as swimming was 3rd-gen only)
>Combat arena variety heavily expanded upon with variations in slopes and ridges
>Climbing and jumping animations and mechanics heavily polished up
>Jump attacks added, with a new status effect on monsters if landed in the right spot allowing for a short, player-initiated QTE to "mount" the monster and leave it defenseless if you succeed
>Frenzyblight being one of the first monster-inflicted status effects to ever benefit the player if utilized correctly (be aggressive enough, critical chance boost, fail to be aggressive enough, greater damage taken from frenzy-charged attacks and no red-health recovery), setting a precedent
>RNG weapons and armour from a new type of side-mission
>Charm recycling
>New equipment mechanics
>Monster parts trading to get equipment from monsters not even present in the game
>>
>>379761226
Where the fuck has this absurd idea that Monster Hunter World is some open world bullshit even stemmed from? Where's the original rumour? Is it just because "World" is in the title?

Besides the open world audience is shrinking due to over-saturation of the genre. Everyone's getting tired of them now. Zelda only sold well because it's Zelda, and Horizon only sold well because it was "hunting robot monsters" and also because it was competing with Zelda.
>>
>>379761834
Answering two questions and elaborating on my original response.
>>
>>379762661
Or perhaps you're just trying to shit on Dark Souls because you're a Nintendo fanboy. I can see trough you, you piece of shit.
>>
>>379762964
Or maybe you're being a hypersensitive dipshit. Or a troll. Doesn't matter either way. I made a genuine response to questions and comments made - if you're not willing to do the same, I've no interest in you.
>>
>>379757670
People that say mh is an easy a games are the ones that are prob used to the mechanics. Shiet I thought 4u-XX was pretty easy compared to my MHFU experience. You literally just get used to it like any other games esp. soulsborne series.
>>
>>379753582
>they sell like hotcakes
I'm fucking tired of this meme. I worked in a diner and hotcakes don't sell that well at all.
>>
File: 1431402231187.png (114KB, 1001x580px) Image search: [Google]
1431402231187.png
114KB, 1001x580px
>>379760109
>Duremudira comes out with the tower
>They keep track of every chance you have to fight him and your total wins
>Spend fight after fight watching, testing, and getting better
>Finally seeing the 0 wins go to 1 win

Like your own completely optional wall experience complete with the glorious
payoff in the end.
>>
yes
>>
File: nintendoSwitchStore.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nintendoSwitchStore.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Can't wait to pick this up, hopefully in on the American eShop, but I have some just in case accounts as well.
>>
>>379758654
Are you 12 years old?
Oh wait this is /v/ of course you are
>>
>>379722486

hey, here's hint to fuck off back to neofaggot

nigger kike tranny sandnigger terrorist TRUMP.

NEOFAG is dead, how many leaks have come from there? They're full of SJWs and SONYGGERS.
>>
>>379763353
If you're not a troll, then why are you shitting on Dark Souls and its difficulty? This is like criticizing chess for its strategy. The game is flawed, but the difficult, the combat or other technical aspects are not the problem.
>>
>>379764993
Wow, you sure convinced me with that excellent argument, congratulations. Is your mom home?
>>
>>379765657

We're keeping an eye on you at Voat :)
>>
>>379764803
No, I just have a life you know, don't have time to go making researches about every technical term in the game industry.
>>
>>379765490
He wasn't shitting on Dark Souls, just saying that it's not that hard. When the game gives you a really generous window to roll through attacks more of the difficulty comes from things you don't expect than the actual execution in any fight.

And hell, monsters in G-Rank in MH hit for bigger chunks of your HP bar when you fuck up than anything does in Dark Souls, on top of being way less generous on the dodges unless you're rolling around with Evade +3 (where you're invincible for the entire dodge animation with some weapons, especially Lance)
>>
>>379765781
>>
>>379765490
I'm not shitting on dark souls or its difficulty. I'm making clarifications.

Good job with that troll turnaround though dude SUPER CONVINCING.

Dark Souls IS an easy game. Just because normies are shit at games does not change that fact. However, while Dark Souls is easy, it's also got a bullshit quotient that adds artificial difficulty (I'm not even memeing here, I'm using those words as they are intended to be with combined context).

Kalameet and Manus can be easily beaten because Dark Souls is an easy game. You don't have to be addicted to it and know all the mechanics very well for that to be the case. WHY Dark Souls is an easy game is what I outlined in my initial response, as well as the following response I made afterwards.

NOTE: EASY DOES NOT EQUAL BAD. Me responding to a question in the affirmative in saying that, yes, Dark Souls IS an easy game, is not me shitting on it, as much as you might not like that opinion. Acting like I'm trying to say any game is better than the other or trying to shit on one, when all I am doing is making quantitative and qualitative observations of fact and reasonable explanations as to why those observations are accurate, is an incredibly shitty and immature thing to do. Even on 4chan. Even on /v/. Even in a Monster Hunter thread. This is why it makes you seem like you're trying to troll me when you act that way, you fragile person you.
>>
>>379765889
This "generous window" is useless in the grand scheme of things, the bosses have far better movesets than anything in Monster Hunter and their range is huge. Dark Souls is an unforgiving game and criticizing it because you think it's easy is straight up lying or trolling to get reactions. So what if Dark Souls has less/more i,j,k,l,m,whatever-frames than Monster Hunter? This is not the only thing that makes DS so hard and unforgiving. Like you said, the difficulty comes from the unexpected things you find troughout the game but also from the enemies and bosses movesets and the player's own ability.
>>
>>379766726
Bosses in Dark Souls are generally easier than Monster Hunter. This is simple fact. Just because it has cheap surprises that can instakill you in the level design that doesn't make actual combat more difficult.

t. someone who has actually played both series
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.