[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on Squad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: narva3.jpg (827KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
narva3.jpg
827KB, 1920x1080px
What is your opinion on Squad?
>>
not as good as project reality yet
>>
Maybe I should reinstall.
>>
File: 1491557042885.png (49KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
1491557042885.png
49KB, 461x458px
>>379711830
What needs to change for it to be comparable?
>>
Development is slow.
I'll start paying attention when they add helicopters and maps on par with project reality.
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-28_15-59-47.png (215KB, 265x367px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-28_15-59-47.png
215KB, 265x367px
>>379711740
terrible, slow, boring, cant see shit, everythings blurrry or jaggie as hell, movement is garbage, feels floaty, crouch is just a half crouch, the lean option is weird as fuck, its not a sidestep kinda thing like in most games but instead its a literal lean from the hip
>>
>>379713614
Basically this but I'd like to add that the fucking vehicle claiming system is complete fucking cancer. Don't just force a shitty system on everybody to casualize your game, just fucking make it so server admins run that shit. I once got kicked from a game on project reality for not claiming a vehicle, but when I learnt I had to claim it by saying it on team chat I found the system was much better than

>DUDE HAVE UR ENTIRE SQUAD AND SQUAD LEADER WITH YOU (never happens except from start of the round) LMAO
>>
>>379713903
>DUDE HAVE UR ENTIRE SQUAD AND SQUAD LEADER WITH YOU (never happens except from start of the round) LMAO
You need just two people to claim a vehicle, maybe you are just stupid

>>379713614
>its not a sidestep kinda thing like in most games but instead its a literal lean from the hip
but most games do this?
>>
they fucked up.

PRMM worked so well because it was a mod built upon BF2 which was a set of systems that was fun at its core: postures changes are responsive, aim down sight is snappy, vehicles: cars/helos/planes whilst arcadey have systems you can tweak to move towards realism.
what they needed to do was make a simple "battlefield" game with responsive and fun systems, then tweak the numbers to create the realism / voip airchair commandering target market theyre going for.

since tripwire are using UE perhaps they should have tried to work with them to produce a mod for the core systems they developed.
>>
>>379714151
And your squad leader needs to approve it. Go back to posting the webm of you shooting an rpg from a balcony now faggot
>>
>>379714567
RO2/RS2 both have significantly smaller map than anything that was in PR
>>
>>379714784
>And your squad leader needs to approve it.
Then you ask him? Are you to autistic to use VOIP?

>Go back to posting the webm of you shooting an rpg from a balcony now faggot
this might be a shock to you but there is more than one person on /v/ that likes this game
>>
>>379714840
that's a design decision to reflect the lack of vehicle focused combat and to keep infantry fighting close quarters and stagnant battlelines for that ww2 movie feeling.

increasing the map size is an art / design issue that even the most basic modding skills can address.
and technically now with unreal, massive landscapes are even more efficient than the BF2 engine.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Play a better game instead
>>
>>379715445
To bad tripwire is still using UE3.

>>379715663
RS2/squad shitposters need to die, neck yourself
>>
>>379715663
Fucking knew you'd be here
>>
>>379711740
I have had it over a year, play it off and on with new changes to see the development stages. It's still fun
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.