[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it ever come back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 328x128px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 328x128px
Will it ever come back?
>>
Christ I hope not.
>>
>>379703806
god i hope so
>>
>>379703845
>>379703867
I don't know who to believe
>>
It was pretty shit. It felt too drawn out and too samey.

Melee had the best adventure mode
>>
>>379703806
Thanks doc
>>
File: 1496919281716.png (227KB, 589x448px) Image search: [Google]
1496919281716.png
227KB, 589x448px
>>379703806
>tfw no Smash 4 story mode where you're on a quest to retrieve the broken shards of Master Core
FUCKING SMASH TOUR
>>
>>379704084
Melee was better because it actually had enemies and locations you see in the games instead of subspace emissary's super generic enemies and stages.
>>
>>379703806
Quick reminder that saving Zelda in the beginning is the canon story
>>
>>379704252
True, but Brawl had a semi-interesting story and cameos at the best of times.
Even if it was basically a Kirby game that the other characters were shoved into.
>>
Anything is better than the weird boardgame like mode that Smash 4 had. Literally anything. Even the bonus score multiplayer matches in Melee were better.
>>
>>379703806
I really hope so. Several times I was about to hook up the wii just to play that mode with my brother, then remember about tripping and just decided to play sm4sh
>>
>>379703806
It's a shame that Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf were added in late. I seen ways thay rhey could've been added in the story had they been in development earlier
>>
>>379703806
Adventure Mode in general, Subspace styled or Melee styled shouldn't been back to begin with. Smash 4 is fun and all but they really had fuck all to do for single player and it's such a boring & dumb missed opportunity, hell they could've attempted Adventure Mode online, that would've been fun as fuck.
>>
>>379703806
I fucking loved the Subspace Emissary. I was so bummed they removed it in Smash 4.
>>
>Melee has a bomber-ass adventure mode that's just long enough to be satisfying but just short enough to avoid tedium
>Brawl has an okay adventure mode that's not terrible but took way too much work
>3DS has a bad version of City Trial, but at least it vaguely resembles Smash
>Wii U has the shittiest board game possible, to the point where I'd rather be playing fucking amiibo Festival
I-it can't keep getting worse from here, right?
>>
If it does I'd want it to have the enemu variety of smash run rather than OCs
>>
I hope so one day, maybe flesh it out more, have level ups that unlock your custom moves or something. Subspace was fucking cool as hell. Just seeing characters interact was awesome. But oh, no. We can't have one because it'll spread on the internet.

Like seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Sakurai with that decision? If someone looks up the cutscenes from a game they havent played, thats their fault. They want to get spoiled. Why remove the whole thing all together for some shit like that?
>>
>>379705969
I think he figured that if they were going to be so popular they might as well use them as marketing instead, hence the reveal trailers
>>
>>379705887
>I-it can't keep getting worse from here, right?
NONSENSE!
>>
>Terrible story
>Mediocre stages
>barely any non-OC enemies
>characters are just thrown wherever
>one joins at LITERALLY THE VERY LAST MINUTE
>three characters are just shoehorned into "post-game" and are literally just basic "Fight the New Challenger" fights but you go through a doorway in Subspace to do it and you're stuck with the character you were last playing as in Subspace
>THE GREAT FUCKING MAZE
>Tabuu began Sakurai's hardon for shitty OHKO moves you have to spot dodge just to avoid, continued by Master Giant
>barely any coherence to anything
>the choices you make at the beginning barely matter and are just annoyances to completionists
Why do people like this? Why?
>>
>>379706686
Because the barren wasteland of single player options in Smash 4 made even this much feel like enjoyable content in comparison.
>>
>>379706686
Eh. I liked it for the interactions between the characters, It was a mediocre mode, but harmless if you're only doing one playthrough.
>>
>>379706878
>Aw golly gee there's no food around at the moment, better eat my own shit, it's better than nothing I guess
>>
>>379703806
It was fun but the Great Maze at the end was fucking stupid from what I remember. You have to backtrack to everywhere you've been and basically go through it all again? It seems so dumb. I'll take an SSE without it though. Preferably with actual Nintendo locations this time.

>>379705969
If there's one thing that can be gleaned about Sakurai from Smash development, it's that he wants everyone to do things the way HE intended and anyone doing otherwise will trigger his autism and make him try to ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>379706686
Oh, I forgot to add that unless you play through this beforehand, the multiplayer roster is fucking barren and anyone you play with will hate you.
>>
>>379707013
It's a lot of development time for something almost everyone will do once and never touch again.

Sakurai was right to spend the cutscene on reveal videos instead.
>>
>>379707163
Or you could unlock them by filling up other criterias like literally every other Smash game.
>>
>>379703806

Thanks doc
>>
>>379704495
wwhat do you mean
>>
>>379707743
Yeah and I guarantee that without Subspace, half the characters you have to "unlock" would be on the initial roster. Admit it, they just made those alternate unlock conditions as an excuse to lock characters behind a wall.
>>
>>379707829
If you save Zelda in the stadium, some cutscenes are altered and I have to agree, they make a lot more sense.

>Peach is more well known for being kidnapped and fits the damsel role more than Zelda in the story
>Zelda's stature and her being a powerful mage feels more appropriate for her parts
>False Zelda is more threatening looking
>Fighting Link feels more badass
>Wario taking Peach feels more natural
>Mario hesitating to hit Peach at Dedede's Castle is a LOT more natural and more sensible to see
>>
>>379704495
>>379708206

I always tried to hit both cages down to the lowest percent and try to finish both off with a single attack.
>>
>>379709114
I tried doing that too to see if it would change anything. Unfortunately it would just choose someone at random
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.