[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who just finished this game anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Ask a guy who just finished this game anything.
>>
what game is it?
>>
>>379703634
Dragon quest 8

And by the way, I finished the game, not just the monster , for the first time

Amazing experience
>>
Now that I finished this one, should I (after doing post-game) play Dragon Quest 7?
I know its supposed to be long so I might play a different game on my 3ds
>>
Why didn't you emulate the superior ps2 version?
>>
>>379704607
Shit PC
Can't even do dolphin or even ps1 at a playable speed
>>
>>379704848
Dont listen to that fag 3DS version is the best one
>>
>>379705078
Why?
>>
Who did you marry?
>>
>>379705210
Portability, more voice acting, more content
>>
>>379705343
>Portability
I hate this meme. You fags don't even play games in public.
>>
>>379705323
Idk, I think I just got the basic ending, I saved madea from marrying charmless, and after that, there wasn't much indicating a marriage between hero and madea
>>
>>379705210
3DS has way more content, only graphics fags disagree
>>
>>379705436
So? I play them while lying on bed or the sofa, its the best.
>>
>>379705456
Then you didn't beat the game.
>>
>>379705456
Go actually finish the game then. There's a lot more to it.
>>
>>379705456
Go to the place it showed you after the credits.
>>
All shitposting aside, how is the 3ds version?
I tried it for a bit and couldn't muster the downgrades, despite all the seemingly great QoL enhancements and added features.
For me the biggest issue wasn't even the graphics themselves, but the blurred text. I don't understand how they even managed to fuck that up, considering the game doesn't use 3d.
The music also was a big downer for me. I'd assume one would enjoy the 3ds version more had they played it first, or had they already completed the ps2 version, but as someone who has played about 20 hours of the ps2 version before 3ds I just prefer the original.
>>
>>379704158
holy shit do not go directly to dq7. Give it a month or two or you will burn out hard.
>>
>>379705824
The graphics and just really low resolution in general are a pretty big downgrade for sure.
All the extra content kinda makes up for it though imo. It already had a ton of meat to it on PS2, but now it's just silly how much there is to do. It's easily an extra 30h of content sprinkled about everywhere.

Overall I still prefer the PS2 version and if I ever want to replay it again that's what I'm gonna go with, but on a first playthrough I'd say they are about even
>>
>>379703569
How do I fix my damn lawn mower? the accelerator keeps getting stuck on full
>>
>>379705548
>>379705565
>>379705664
I know, I said I have yet to do post game
>>
>>379706380
Try a large rock
>>
>>379705824
If you are going to play the 3DS version, playing a hacked version that restores the OST and textures is suggested.

Gameplay wise though it's the best the series has been. The extra "dungeon", Memories Lane is a pretty dang fun boss refight gauntlet that is even tougher than the Dragovian Trials, but allows you to power-level and farm seeds too.
The two new party members add a lot to the combat as well.
>>
>>379706578
Op here, I didn't do it with restoration patch, I was going to, but I didn't know if I could just patch it and keep playing on the same save.
The censored bunny suit really makes me sad
>>
Op here, so what game do you suggest I play on 3ds after finishing the post-game?
Literally the only 3ds games I've EVER finished was:
ALBW
OOT3D
Kid Icarus
Miku
RE: Revelations
>>
>>379706723
You can, if you have a hacked 3DS anyway, you'll be able to export the save game from your current installed game, and then import it to the hacked game.
The hacked game uses the same title ID and everything else anyway.

You use a save manager like JKSM (JK's Save Manager) to do this.
>>
>>379707243
Oh well, too late for that
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.