[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

why aren't you playing osrs? members is free this weekend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 4523445.jpg (48KB, 640x658px) Image search: [Google]
4523445.jpg
48KB, 640x658px
why aren't you playing osrs?

members is free this weekend.
>>
>>379692094
I don't like RS anymore. Grinding is the gameplay, and PvP is all based on RNG.
>>
i got the quest cape and something like 15 99's in the rs3 last year and now i feel like i am completely done with the game
>>
>>379692094
What's the point?
OSRS resembles the old Runescape in the most superficial sense. The community is almost completely different, having become robotic and focused solely on optimization and efficiency as the game has been effectively solved. Much of the content that made RS worth playing is dead as a result of this mentality, including much of the iconic 2007 equipment that has fallen victim to power creep necessitated by the fanbase's demand for new gear to be generally "best-in-slot".
The one saving grace to RS at this point would be the quests, but generally anyone interested in those has already done them ten years ago. Many of the most interesting quests came out after 2007 anyway, and now are not only themselves exclusive to RS3 but prevent OSRS from even having quests of similar natures until the developers get over their autism. Which would be okay if the game started receiving its own original quests, but it doesn't even really get that much.

OSRS, if it ever was a valid simulacrum of the old RS, has long since ceased to be one. Its community has somehow devolved into something worse, and its content has been largely forsaken in favor of mishandled ideas and stuff ripped right out of RS3. It might fill the void for a month or so, but it won't even take that long to realize that there is nothing about the game worth playing at this point in time.
>>
>>379692094
That image is very funny
>>
/v/scape
>>
I'm not gay
>>
You can't play a bot anon.
>>
>Playing Fagscape
>>
>>379693049
Very good summary.

Everyone post accounts
>played 06-10, then a few random months over the past couple of years due to nostalgia
>2.4k Rs3 (2.1k before quitting, I think)
>1.6k ult iron osrs (done during 15)
>1k vscape (done during 17)
>>
so how did the protest and shit go?
Is the free membership DC?
>>
File: 1496813248758.png (687KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
1496813248758.png
687KB, 946x946px
>Love game and play it for literally ~100 days worth of time
>Fag company buys out game and ruins it
>Releases (Old) version of game before it got ruined, for the most part
>None of my stats or quests that I spent all that time on carries over
>Have to do the goddamn tutorial again
At least Old Runescape doesn't have the Grand Exchange, right?
>>
>>379694358
Nope, got GE because player base is composed entirely of idiots.
>>
>>379694358
>>379694382
>hate GE because prices were constantly exploited by """""""clans""""""""
>but the sheer QOL it brought made me forget about it
conflicted desu, i dont miss trudging through zybez and w2 to sell/buy obscure shit.
>>
>>379694501
>need SAP for a quest
>Have to go find a pine tree
>now you just go to the GE
It's shit
>>
>>379692094
Too busy with other games and work, I come back to OSRS from time to time but I just don't have time for it.
>>
>>379694602
>need to go to elf-land to check muh farming patches
>forgot to charge by crystals on my last trip
hmm
Now I can
>teleport to catherby
>sail to port khazard
>run all through the annoying traps
>finally get to my patch
or
>buy charged crystal
>be done
>>
>>379694781
>no penalty for being an idiot
>no reward for being smart
Yeah, I can see how you would like that
>>
>>379694781
Isn't that your fault for forgetting to charge your crystals?
>>
>>379693049
the point is to make an ironman and UIM and feel superior to other people.
>>
all i do in osrs is:
>log in
>at GE
>sell goblin mail at high price
>buy goblin mail at low price
>mystrangeaddiction.jpeg
>>
>>379695545
Same.
>buy feathers at 2gp
>sell feathers at 3gp

50% profit, few things give you that
>>
File: gnome.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
So is Oldschool Runescape free or does it require membership? Mite b cool as a timewaster trying to level my account back up again as long as I don't have to pay membership fees every month.
>Tfw remembering I'd have to do that Elemental workshop quest again
>Tfw One Small Favor, Temple of Light, etc.
>>
>>379696648
it's only free weekend rn
>>
I don't want to waste my life on it again because I have no self control
>>
I finally got a single 99 last year which has officially freed me from this game forever. Don't care if I'm a pleb or whatever but the grind really is ridiculous and I'd prefer to spend that time playing other games.
>>
>>379692094
lol i remember runescape in 2007. i was kind of young so i didnt really know what to do
>>
>>379695545
>not listing random useful shit for exorbitant prices hoping someone will say fuck it and put up a buy offer for a pot at 1m
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.