[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC spec thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Crane.jpg (118KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Crane.jpg
118KB, 512x448px
Could you please rate my build /v/?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WZ7ctJ

I'm not looking to play any AAA games at 4k or anything like that. As long as I can squeeze out 1080p 60fps then I'm happy.
I'm mostly going to be playing older games emulated (SoA on dolphin for example) and a few last gen games. The most demanding things I'll be playing are probably going to be Fallout with a couple hundred mods and the FF13 trilogy.
>>
Please?
I'm planning on joining the PC master race but I don't want to lose money on the wrong build
>>
Looks good for your needs m8 go for it. I think you're overspending on the PSU personally something decent around 450W would be enough for that build and would save you £30 or so, but 650W gives you some headroom if you want to upgrade later I suppose.
>>
File: 1483400554185.png (112KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483400554185.png
112KB, 316x400px
>>379687304
Thanks anon
>>
If you're just going older games and emulation you could probably knock the GPU down to a rx470, but the 1060 is really good for the money.
>>
>>379688139
There's nothing in the PS4/Bone library that's got my attention these days
Like I said, so long as I can get 1080/60 with PS3/360 titles
>>
>>379688318
You mean like, pc ports? 'cos you can't emulate either of those consoles.
>>
>>379688743
Really?
Then how do pirates play them?
>>
>>379689445
With an actual PS3 or Xbox anon.

Come back in 3 years maybe we'll finally be able to play Red Dead Redemption and Demon Souls.
>>
>>379689603
It seems I may not have thought things through here
Sorry for being such a newfag

So if it doesn't have a PC port, then it can't be played on PC in any way shape or form? And this goes for all gens?
>>
>>379689852
You can emulate anything except for Xbox, Xbox360, XboxOne, PS3, PS4, Switch

PS3 emulation is being worked on but not playabale yet and not all Wii-U games work that great because the focus is just getting Zelda to work right now.
>>
>>379690057
So for those consoles you listed, the game has to have a PC port or you can't play it, right?
>>
>>379690468
Right.
>>
>>379690945
Thanks
One last thing. Bit of a scumbag question but I'm going to pose it out of professional curiosity
Is it possible to mod pirated versions of games? Because I've been to a few sites and seen that some seem to be compatible and some aren't
>>
Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
>>
>>379691193
Mostly yes. Pirated games are usually no different from the legit version in terms of files which get modified by the mod.
>>
>>379692348
The reason I ask is because I've seen a couple of mods for games that I like the look of but they explicitly say 'This mod will not work with pirated versions of the game'
But I already own it on console and I don't want to have to pay again for the same product
>>
>>379692912
Maybe they've made it so it won't work, I've never had a problem even with mods that say it doesn't support pirated copies but there's no guarantee if you don't have the legit version.
>>
>>379693107
So it's a gamble. Either that or wait until the legit copy goes on sale
Okay, I think that covers it
Thanks for your help, you've been a real stand-up anon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.