[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable gaming is a meme. Who the fuck actually plays video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: 202879_detail_03.jpg (25KB, 691x318px) Image search: [Google]
202879_detail_03.jpg
25KB, 691x318px
Portable gaming is a meme.

Who the fuck actually plays video games outside the house? I certainly don't go outside to stare at a fucking screen all day
>>
>>379684952
You're on /v/. you don't go outside at all.
>>
>>379684952
my child you are the entirety of the world, no one else has ever thought different than you.
>>
get some sun you pasty fuck
>>
>>379685015
Not everyone is a fat shut-in like yourself bud

>>379685019
Only the most socially inept people play videogames in public.
>>
>>379684952
>I certainly don't go outside to stare at a fucking screen all day
Plenty of people do that with their phones.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/09/woman-distracted-by-phone-falls-over-basement-access-doors.html
>>
>>379685569
Usually people use a phone for writing emails, participating in social media, checking the news etc. They're tools for communicating with the world more efficiently. Video games are leisurely time sinks people do to wind down after a hard day of work or when it's a rainy, shitty day with nothing else to do. It's absolutely disgusting how much people turn a simple hobby into an unhealthy indulgence in their lives.
>>
>>379684952
i took my switch this morning to village inn.

not a single fuck given
>>
Last time I played a portable game was fucking Pokemon back in grade school.
>>
>>379685940
I played my switch every day at work while my boss was on paternity leave.
>>
>>379685940
>Implying compulsively checking your social media, email and looking up shit is any better.
>>
>>379686290
Then you're a faggot for playing video games when you should be working. Hope you get fired.
>>379686401
Yeah it is because people have actual lives outside of their virtual little worlds that they need to attend to or else they become losers like yourself and kill themselves before they reach 40
>>
>>379685940
Why do normalfags go on anonymous image boards?
>>
>>379685561
yes, whoever is not exactly like you is a manchild, fedora, autism, whatever new epic fotm insult you like today. we done here?
>>
>>379684952
>Who the fuck actually plays video games outside the house?
Oh gee I don't know, when they have to kill time when they go out, like waiting in a line. Wow that was so hard OP. Are you retarded?
>>
I play my switch every day in the bus when going to school, I also played a lot yesterday on a family gathering, everybody loved it
>>
>>379685940
What if they don't use or care about social media, barely get any e-mail, or already seen the news? Why does vidya only have to be reserved in that time you said, when it could be played while your on public transportation?
>>
>>379684952
>Be American
>Spend tons of time at home you can buy a fancy desktop and home consoles
>Meanwhile Asians have to use handhelds and laptops because of the sheer amount of time you have to spend out
>Plus the government actively fucks you if you try to be a welfare case
>>
I play games outside all the time, shame the Switch is a shit portable.
>>
>>379684952
I live on campus. We play Games together a lot. Switch is good for that
>>
>>379684952
I can only see a case for portable gaming if you take public transportation or flights regularly.
>>
>come to a video games board
>start slinging insults left and right while trying to govern when time for a hobby is acceptable
>instead thinks a workday should be 24/7 normalfag shit
this is a good thread
>>
>>379685940
>He thinks rain makes it a shitty day
Normies get out reeee etc
>>
>>379687298
I think it's just a recurring bait thread.
>>
I had a two hour flight to LAX today and my coworker and I played Martio cart on the plane, was fun. OP confirmed rekt lonely neckbeard
>>
I've been playing all kind of videogames since 1992 and to this day I think it's retarded to play in handhelds outside, and I say this being a GG, GB and GBA owner who lived the hype of first and 2nd gen of pokemon
>>
>>379687695
How is it retarded? Oh wait I think this is just OP talking.
>>
>>379686531
unlikely, I moved to a new team shortly after he got back and have gotten glowing reviews so far.

I was mostly playing games on the company dollar due to the fact the project I was on was winding down and the timing of his leave left me in waiting.
>>
>>379684952
I wouldn't play it outside, however, moving it around and on plane rides/car trips.
>>
>>379686554
cuck
>>
>>379686119
So, two days ago
>>
>>379686034
Just because you don't give a fuck doesn't make you cool and doesn't mean people don't give a fuck about you
>>
>work a big boy job in the city.
>live in a rural area at the beach with a shit load of nature.

It's ideal for the long commutes in the train. Plus it's okey if your out camping (and you feel like playing something else then cards).
>>
>>379684952
it's for (man)children who arent allowed to use the tv in the living room
>>
>>379684952
I do when I travel by airplane and with some friends.
>tfw monster hunting with 3 friends
>>
>>379688290
Why should he care about people caring about how he spends his time in public? Where did he imply he was trying to be cool?
>>
>>379688426
Not caring about what others think is the first step to becoming a socially inept, self-awareness lacking loser. There's more to life than videogames bud
>>
I work a pretty chill job where there are no wifi so I usually kill time with my 3DS.

What's wrong about that, OP?
>>
>>379684952
I played Puyo Puyo Tetris with two of my friends in tabletop mode yesterday, and I could barely see what was going on
Surely it would be even worse in games like Mario Kart which have more going on and need split screen?
>>
>>379685561
>Not everyone is a fat shut-in like yourself bud
What are you doing here then?
>>
>>379688526

Were you bullied in school because you liked video games, anon?

Why do you feel the need to vent and post this fucking shit on /v/?

You're pissing in an ocean of piss.
>>
>>379688526
>MUH SLIPPERY SLAPPERY SLOPE
He can spend his time how he wants, it's his own time and energy. And what else should he do while waiting in public? Stare at the fucking sky?
>>
>>379685015
/thread, move along people nothing to see here.
>>
>>379688657
cant you sit still for a few minutes without playing video games
>>
>>379688657

Obviously look at your fucking cellphone, duh.

It's the only acceptable answer.
>>
File: 1490287637223.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490287637223.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>379684952
While travelling.
While waiting on a train, bus, plane.
When on vacation and sunbathing. Or when you are back in your hotel room.

You posted switch, which is an abomination. 3DS and PSP are good console on the go. Switch isn't.
>>
Itt: projecting real hard and telling people on a chink vidya board on how to be /soc/
>>
>>379688775
And what waste my time doing nothing when I could be doing something I like, where as doing something doesn't hurt anyone.

>>379688824
Why only my cellphone? Oh yeah because you're a slave to normie eyes.
>>
File: 1496787140203.jpg (19KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496787140203.jpg
19KB, 540x540px
>All these people taking the bait
>>
>>379689076
There is certain point when you stop caring whether something is a bait or not and you just reply for the sheer fun of it.
>>
>>379688650
>>379688657
Neither of you have ever fucked an attractive girl or anyone for that matter.
>>
>379689201
Good God at least try.
>>
>>379689076

You'd surprised at the sheer amount of stupid people frequenting this board.

Not everything is a bait, sometimes these are legit, shitty opinions.
>>
I thought I wouldn't use this thing on the go at all, but it's already been a godsend for work breaks and breaks in-between university lectures.
Being able to play MK8D with a friend pretty much wherever you are is fucking amazing, don't let the autists of /v/ tell you differently.
>>
>>379689201
Is this supposed to be an insult?
>>
>>379686531
You are trying too hard anon-kun
>>
Guys guys guys

What if

Uh

What if instead of a switch, there was a windows or linux tablet, with a touchscreen

No, hear me out

With the controller built in to look like a switch?

I mean hey, wouldn't that be pretty awesome? Every console ever made would be playable on it, right?
>>
>>379689201

Nice projection.

Don't blame your shortcomings on vidya, Anon. It's your own fault if you're a failure.
>>
>>379684952
Back when I was still studying, in elementary, high school, and university. The most common pastimes during lunch and other breaks were to play card games and handheld games after having secured a lunch.

I imagine that kind of thing is still done.
>>
>>379684952
I'll play portable games on the plane or if I have to wait somewhere for a while. However you're mostly right. I don't buy portable systems for the portability, though. I buy them for the games.
>>
>>379690389
>after having secured a lunch
what did he mean by this
>>
>>379691160
He's never secured a pussy
>>
>>379687456
>that kid who had wireless communication on the plane
>>
>>379684952
Me.

Sometimes you just wanna play some vidya on transport, mate.
>>
>>379684952
I bought a switch on impulse and admit it was a bad purchase. But the portability feature of the console is definitely the best thing about it.
>>
I used to play my Switch at work, until my boss started cracking down on all the security guards on site. He doesn't watch the camera for criminals, just to see if we're playing vidya or using phones.
>>
>>379684952
OP confirmed for either friendless or a nonbeliever in gaming hangouts.
>>
>>379684952

>be OP
>do nothing on the train
>do nothing on the bus
>only play multiplayer online
>never take consoles to friends house

What a loser
>>
>>379685940
You don't know much about phone users do you? A lot of people I know either browse social media in a really unhealthy fashion and spend 5+ hours looking at drama or memes.

The other group I know play phone games on a unhealthy level. I know people who have spent hundreds of dollars on shitty phone games just to get ahead.
>>
I work alone so I play games outside the house all the time. I realize I'm an edge case though.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.