[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 3907-doom-dos-front-cover.jpg (277KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
3907-doom-dos-front-cover.jpg
277KB, 800x1207px
Name one flaw.
>>
>>379683729
aged graphics
>>
I'm not a fan of the aiming.
>>
>>379683729
Thy Flesh Consumed exists.
>>
>>379683794
Huh?
>>
Unengaging storyline
>>
>>379683729
You don't actually aim, Its one step away from being a walking simulator
>>
>>379683729
Can't talk to the monsters.
>>
>>379683885
^this desu
>>
No verticality
>>
>>379683835
Don't play it then.
>>
>>379683729
Demons did nothing wrong. It's just a misunderstanding.
>>
i still play it everyday on zandronum, nad probably forever
>>
Too videogamey
>>
>>379683990
>tfw* no Doom x Quake 2niverse crossover where humans and demons ally to fight Strogg
* that feeling when
>>
>>379684061
How is that a flaw
>>
>>379683729
Doomguy wasn't gay.
>>
>>379684143

it's a meme newfriend
>>
>>379683885
>>379683794

Pretty much this.

If it wasn't for the fact that this was a pioneer to PC FPS games and that this game could be modded into something amazing, no one would give a shit about about this game.
>>
big box copies are way to expensive
>>
>>379683885
>one step away from being a walking simulator
That's a huge stretch of the imagination. You still have the horizontal plane and movement is hugely important ( and very fast, even today), especially in 2 in some of the clusterfuck fights. Even with the lack of verticality DOOM is still more of a shooter and less of a walking simulator than 90% of FPS on the market as of today.
>>
The levels in the first Doom aren't varied that much and even Romero said he tried his hardest and the technology just didn't exist to make them very engaging at this point in time. I give credit for what he did mostly alone as is, but it does feel sameish even during an initial play through.
>>
>>379684085
Why think so small?
>League of extraordinary gentlemen ish crossover with all FPS legends
>Doom Guy
>Duke Nukem
>the protagonists from Heretic and Strife
>the three protagonists from Hexen
>the Ranger from Quake
>Chex Warrior
Basically Samsara but with a story about them kicking multiversal ass together
>>
File: tumblr_nusf2imPCQ1tm0e3po1_1280.png (39KB, 945x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nusf2imPCQ1tm0e3po1_1280.png
39KB, 945x687px
>>379683729
half of the enemies use the same mechanics with different stats.
>>
>>379685012
That's be pretty amazing.
>>
>>379685502
thanks, have some extra autism
>B.J. and Duke drinking beer and having a good time talking about guns and their adventures
>Duke making a bunch of pop cultural references B.J. doesn't get
>argument over size and practical use which is essentially a dick competition
>Doomguy being the silent guy that just stays there and freaks out everybody
>Hexen Cleric having a hard time cooperating with an elf
>Strife bounty hunter just wanting to get the job done already
>Chex Warrior with his out of place kid friendly dialogue and cartoonish behavior
>ends up saving everybody because his teleportation device is the key in Corvus's plan
>>
>>379683729
The level design went to shit after the first game
>>
>>379683729
Lack of enemy variety
>>
Does the pistol serve any purpose after getting the chaingun?
>>
>>379685012
Cinematic FPS universe when?
>>
Lack of mouse look. No verticality, only horizontal swiping. The technology hadn't been invented yet, as Marathon did that the next year after Doom released, but it is a pretty big flaw IMO in retrospect. Although I do realize most Doom fans prefer no mouse look.
>>
>>379687619
Doom 64 had good levels and D44M, although not entirely perfect in map design, had some really great levels.

Doom 2 fluctuated and Doom 3's """map""" design is atrocious.
>>
>>379691058
It can't really be a flaw if the tech wasn't invented yet. And yet they made huge strides in their transition from DOOM to Quake with nearly everything. The strain from all the time it took to create the engine hampered quake a bit, but it still can put pretty great.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.